I Love You, But I Lied - Mark...

By Marktinz

Think of me as a lover and I'll pretend that you're one, too. I love you.....but then again....I'm a liar... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54 - End!!!!!!

Part 12

4.9K 133 32
By Marktinz

Jackson

Lei's here? What the fuck is he doing all the way in Korea? Is he following Jess? Does he want her back? Is he still hoping she'll take the marriage offer?

This doesn't sound good. I feel something bad is gonna happen. Lei is too smart to believe Jess and Mark's relationship to be true. Jess is right. If she breaks up with Mark now, Lei's gonna pounce on her and the deal's off. I don't want my uncle and aunt and also my cousin to go down because of his dad's greed. 

But what about Mark? I can't allow her to use him like that. 

"Make sure to break up with him as soon as Lei leaves." I make her promise. 

"Yes." She answers without hesitation. 

Should I just talk to Mark about this? Can I talk him out of this relationship? 

I step out of her room and start dialing Lei. I have to deal with this guy first. 

"Lei? Jackson here." I say after hearing his voice.

 "Jackson, my man. How are you?" He sounds genuinely happy to hear from me. I haven't talked to him in five years. I wonder why I still have his number, though. 

"Stop the crap, Lei. What are you doing in Korea?" He was my friend. But, I have to stick to my family. Right now, he's the family's enemy. His dad, actually, but he's included.  

"Is that how you greet a friend you haven't talked to in years?"

"Shut up and just answer my question. What are you doing here?"

"You've seen Jess?"

"Yes. And she's freaking out because of you. What the fuck, man. Are you after her?"

There is a moment's pause, then, "I still love her, Jackson. I want her back."

"What the fuck! It's too late for that, Lei. She's moved on and so should you. Your dad is messing her family up."

"I know. I swear, Jackson, if I could stop him I would. I don't want to see her suffer."

"You really love her?"

"I do."

"Leave then."

"Jackson..."

"Just do what I say. LEAVE!"

I just hope he listens and leaves. As soon as he does, Jess would leave Mark alone, too, before he gets deeper into the relationship. 

If others hear me, they might think I'm only thinking of Mark. They might think that I don't care about my cousin. They're wrong. 

I care for her too much that I don't want her to be regretting what she's done. I don't want her to get into something that would cause her trouble in the future. 

I think she still have feelings for Lei, although she won't admit it. Maybe not forgiving him for a mere dare wasn't the best thing for her. It left her heartless. 

_______________________________________________________________________

Lei

Why should I leave? I'm not going anywhere. Not without her. I would only go back to China if I take her with me. My dad would kill me for staying here longer, but I don't care anymore. He can take all his money to his grave. I just want her. 

My secretary comes in late that afternoon with yet another order from my dad. 

"He says, since you're here, you should check the resort down South." 

"I'm done with him ordering me around all the time," I shout in anger. 

While we go through some papers and my stocks, one of my men knocks on the hotel door. 

"Come in."

"Sir. She just took a flight to Jeju."

"Alone?"

"No, Sir. She's going with eight other boys and her dog."

Shit! I look back at my sec. "Where did you say the resort was again?"

_________________________________________________________________

Jess

This month has been very stressful for all of us, both mentally and physically. Victor still hasn't talked to his dad, plus he's helping me with the business. The boys were in and out of the country for concerts, fan meets and promotions. And me, I've been busy with the restaurant, pressured with the problems back home, and confused with Lei being here. 

I know the trip to Jeju-do would be a great retreat for everybody. 

Just an hour on the plane and we're already in the island. The sight itself already  takes all my worries away. 

We check in a resort and get a room that could accommodate all nine of us. It has five bedrooms, four bathrooms, a kitchen complete with appliances, and a spacious living room, not to mention a beautiful view of the sea. It is just breathtaking.

We immediately change into our swimming attire and head to the beach. JB, Mark, Jackson and Junior run after the younger ones, carrying them and tossing them in the water. The three come out of the water and take their revenge with sand, pummeling the older ones with handful of wet and heavy sand. 

Victor and I are left at the shore, finding a good spot to lie and bask in the sun. We just watch the boys run around like kids, not getting tired. Snow and Coco are quite enjoying the new environment, too. They dig in the sand and scram when the waves come in. They look so cute.

Mark finally plops beside me, covering my bare stomach with sand. "Better hide this before I get into a fight." 

"Huh?" How does that connect?

"Didn't you notice the group of guys over there ogling you? And there's another over at that side," nodding towards the teens in a cottage near us. 

"Mark!" I giggle, pushing the sand off my body because it's getting heavier and heavier. "You're silly. I won't get an even tan with you covering me like that." 

"You don't need a tan. You're already beautiful." Aaawww....He's just too sweet. That earns him the sweetest and most sincere smile from me. "Let's go take a walk," he says, helping me to my feet. 

We tread the wet sand where the waves crash at the beach silently, the two dogs running past us. I like this. It's peaceful, warm, worry-free. I already forgot what was bothering me. Mark's warm and strong hand feels like a life line. Like, whenever I hold on to it, I feel safe. 

Only days of being his girlfriend, and I'm already comfortable with him. Maybe because, he's so friendly even before he was my boyfriend. We still do the same things, except for the additional holding and touching and kissing. 

I don't know why but I like being with him. Not that I like him...like him. But I feel as if whenever I'm with him, I always find something to smile about. 

I only realize we've been silent for a while when he asks, "What are you thinking?" He slings his arm around my shoulder and I feel even warmer. 

I smile up at him, "Nothing. Just breathing these all in. We don't get to have this kind of peace back in the city."

"I know right. I hope we get to have more vacations like this. After this week, we're back to our normal, busy lives." 

I sigh. 

"Hey!" He pinches my cheek.

"Ow!" 

"Let's just have fun and make the best of our vacation, alright?" 

I nod, feeling determined to do just that. 

After taking tons of pictures, we head back to the cottage where everybody's already gathered. We all agree to eat out. 

I take a shower and slip into a long dress before meeting the rest out front. We find a nice resto bar just a few minutes walk away. Since it's a weekday, there are only a few people around. There is a billiard table in one corner and two dart boards in the other. 

We decide to play after eating. Victor and I versus Mark and JB at the pool table. Jackson and Junior are playing darts and the younger boys are watching us, cheering for me and Victor. 

"This is not a girl's game, you know," Mark challenges. 

"Oh, no. You just didn't say that." Victor's arms are folded across his chest. "Obviously you haven't seen Jess play."

JB smirks, making me more determined to win this game. I am very confident in this game. I wasn't called the Billiard Princess back in New Zealand for nothing. 

The only ball left for us is the '15' and the '12'. The boys only have the '7'. And it's our turn. Our balls are positioned just perfectly so I could dunk them in one shot. 

"Wait," Victor halts me, "before you hit that. Let's make a bet." 

"What?" The two boys look interested. 

"The losers carry the winners all the way back to the cottage." Victor suggest. I kinda have a feeling he has a crush on JB. HAHAHAH.

"No way!" JB immediately answers. "Obviously, Mark's gonna carry Jess. I can't carry you. NO." 

"How about chugging a mug of beer straight up." Youngjea says. 

"Deal!"

As expected, the two balls go in. Mark and JB are all too happy to drink up. 

"Another game," JB challenges. "You were just lucky." 

Boys and their pride, I just giggle and nod to them. 

And again, they lose. Two more games and they're already holding their stomachs. 

We all laugh at their hurt pride. 

"I won't ever look down on a girl ever again," JB says, holding his hand over his mouth to prevent him from barfing. 

"Serves you right, you sexist." I laugh. 

Mark, on the other hand, is on the chair, looking pale. "Hey," I sit beside him, "are you ok?"

He shakes his head. "You should've just let us win even once," he pouts. 

I giggle. "I'm sorry!" I lean my head on his shoulder, "Is that what you're upset about?"

"I think I'm drunk," he admits, "I'm not much of a beer drinker."

"Hey! You agreed to it," I laugh.

"Yeah, coz I thought we would win. Who would have known you're a pro." 

I laughed even louder. 

"You laughing at me?" He turns his head with eyes that look like they're gonna eat somebody alive any minute. I swear it is scary. But, I know he won't get angry at me that easily. 

"I'm sorry," I try to act cute, but fail. I'm not really good at this. 

He starts laughing. "You look silly!" 

"Hyung! Noona!" Bambam lets us look up from where we are sitting. "Let's get going! Jackson-hyung says there's a party going on at the other side."

"Party??" My eyes start to light up at the word. Even Victor who is busy on his phone, looks up with clear elation on his face. 

"Boys!!! Here I come!" Victor yells, making everyone laugh. "C'mon, Besie. The boys might be so bored without us!" He pulls me up without thinking. 

Me, being the super excited one, allow Victor to pull me up. 

The bar had a small stage set up out front at the beach and a DJ is up on it, mixing up lively music. YES!!! Finally!!! A decent party. I haven't had one ever since we left New Zealand. Victor and I automatically make our way through the crowd and dance like crazy. 

Much to Victor's delight, we are already surrounded with hot bodies in seconds. Somebody passes me a shot of tequila and I eagerly take it, licking the salt from the guy's arm and shooting the shot before putting the lemon in my mouth. Bodies grinding to the music...and then another shot from a different guy from my left. This is what I call PARTY! 

We dance with people around us, jumping and grinding and taking shot glasses and bottles of beers that are being passed on to us. I feel so free like this. It's fun. 

Until a pair of eyes catch my attention. Staring straight at me, behind the crowd around me, is Mark's angry eyes. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.9K 364 43
2 best friends trying to get Elsewhere....
71K 1.4K 9
" ๐’๐‡๐„'๐‹๐‹ ๐๐„ ๐–๐€๐ˆ๐“๐ˆ๐๐† ๐ˆ๐ ๐ˆ๐’๐“๐€๐๐๐”๐‹ " โ” five imagines based on the umbrella academy's character, number five hargreeves ( starte...
5.2K 202 18
"Not to be rude or anything but why are you guys wearing masks, hats and hoodies?" "You really wanna know?" He asked. I nodded my head in confusion...
252K 6.1K 52
โŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏ เชœโ€โžด ๐…๐„๐„๐‹๐’ ๐‹๐ˆ๐Š๐„ .แŸ โ› & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. โœ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...