Come At Me, Alpha

By colietolieolie

"I never really wondered what dying felt like, but I thought it would hurt more to be honest. It just feels l... More

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6 Preview
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 24 1/2
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
The Epilogue
Preview of OPHELIA

Chapter 15

15.9K 576 15
By colietolieolie

Star rushed me into the car, and forced the seatbelt on me. "Hurry up! I want to help you get ready for this date!" My face scrunched up in confusion.

   I never told her about the date. "How did you know about the date, Star?"

    Her eyes stayed narrowed on the road. "Logan told me through the mind-link," she said in a 'duh' tone.

    "What's a mind-link?"

   She groaned, "I swear, Alpha can be so dumb sometimes! Thank goddess that he didn't hear that." Star laughed. "But the mink-link is sort of like a werewolf group chat in our heads. We can speak to anyone we want in our heads which helps in a lot of situations. You can tell we're using it when our eyes cloud over and we seem focused on something else."

   I thought about all the times I've might have witnessed someone use a mind-link. I remembered the countless times with Ryder and Logan and even Star. I felt awfully left out.

    We pulled up to my house and Star slammed in the breaks. She dragged me out of the car and thought the front door , past my mother and up the stairs. She shoved me in the bed and ran straight to my closet. "Star, what are you-"

    "I'm looking for the boogie man! What does it look like I'm doing? I'm getting your outfit!" She shouted. "Go take a shower or something, I'll clean up in the meantime."

   Thanking her, I went to the bathroom and took a shower. Twenty minutes later, I hopped out and went back to my room. A floral dress was thrown at my face. "Put that on, you have twenty five minutes until Logan gets here."

"Star you seem more stressed out about this than I am," I laughed. She huffed and walked out leaving me to get dressed.

You're hungry, honey.

My face scrunched up as I pulled the dress over my head. No I'm not. I ate like three hours ago.

Not the kind of hunger I'm taking about, babe. I could almost hear the smirk in the voice and I shivered in distaste.

    "Girl, you better be dressed in there!" Star stomped in. "Good, but you're looking a little pale. Do you want me to talk to Logan and reschedule your date?"

"No, it's fine I-" I shook away the feeling of lightheadedness. "I can do this." I put of the best smile I could muster up.

"Uhhh..." Star seemed unsure as she out in my make up and fixed my hair. "Okay, if you say so. Just, if you really don't feel good, say something. We wouldn't want something like last time to happen in the middle of the restaurant."

   We need Kaiden.

No we don't! Stop talking!

The door bell rang, making both of us jump. I rushed down the stairs hearing Star yell, "Be careful," on the way. I opened the door and rushed out, slamming into Logan.

"Well someone's eager?" He chuckled. Blushing, I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "You look beautiful. Are you ready to go?"

   "Yeah, I am."

~~~

As we got closer to the restaurant, the feeling of being drained worsened. I was getting cold in 75 degree weather and tugging and the length of my dress in attempt to keep warm. I felt weak in the knees as we walked closer and closer to the door.

   "I pre-ordered for us, I hope that's okay?" Logan asked.

   "N-no, it's no p-problem at all," I stuttered. He led me in and the sense of knowing washed over me, but I didn't exactly know what I knew.

   He knows, Tyler. He can feel what you're feeling.

     Logan?

   Kaiden! Kaiden's bond is stronger. Logan feels that there's something wrong, but he thinks it's your nerves. Kaiden knows, Tyler. Kaiden's here.

   "Lakota, table for two?" The host asked with a smile on his face. Logan nodded. The host led us to our table in the dead center of the room. "Enjoy your night!"

   That's when I figured out what I knew. I knew he was here, I could feel it. I could feel his eyes coming from the left side of the room. I knew he was sitting at the bar with a drink in his hand without even looking. His worry and anger radiated off him, triggering my nerves into a chaotic wreck. I was so focused on the residing feeling of regret that I didn't notice the waiter placing a glass of water in front of me.

   "Tyler?" Logan asked, making my head snap up. "Are you alright?"

   I cleared my throat and plastered on a smile, "Yeah, I'm fine."

   Logan grinned from ear to ear, obviously happy about everything. "Alright, well I'm going to run to the bathroom really quick. I'll be right back!" He rushed off, leaving me alone.

   "Tyler?" I heard his voice. He sat down where Logan once was.

   "Kaiden what are you doing here?"

    "You know the answer, love. I'm here to make sure you were okay, and you're not! Our situation is getting worse by the day. I don't think you're going to.... Things aren't looking very well for you right now."

   My eyes widened, "What do you mean?"

   "Tyler-"

"Excuse me, but I believe you're in my seat." Logan growled, "Vampire." He quickly sped over to me in a protective stance. Kaiden looked the least bit amused; he continued to stare at me but rose up taller than Logan. His eyes never left mine as he nodded and turned to leave, but not before looking at Logan with a final glare. 

Logan spun around and knelt down on one knee. No, he wasn't proposing. "What did he want from you, Tyler?"

I shook my head, "Nothing, he was asking if I was okay. I uh- choked on my drink." I blushed deeply and Logan searched my eyes. As he went to say something, the winter came up with our food. I could smell it before it was even on the table.

"Here you go miss and sir," the waiter said and scurried away. I instantly snapped my head towards Kaiden, automatically finding his eyes. He nodded and I knew what it meant.

"They didn't even cook your meat!" Logan gasped. "There's blood all over it! I'll call them back-"

"No!" I shouted a little too soon for my liking. Logan's eyebrow raised. "I mean, I like it like that." I hurriedly started to cut the meat.

"Are you sure?" Instead of replying, I surprised both of us by growling. I snarled as I threw a piece into my mouth and chewed, almost challenging Logan with the look I was giving him. "Okay, okay! You want the meat!" He laughed awkwardly.

As the blood went through my system, I started to feel back to normal. I looked around and noticed that Kaiden had left and a band moved in. A slow, familiar song started and Logan cleared his throat. My head snapped over to his standing figure. He held his hand out towards me, "May I have this dance?"

Blushing, I took his hand and allowed him to lead me to a makeshift dance floor. Pulling me into him, his one arm wrapped around my waist and the other was still grasping my hand. "Tyler..." He whispered, looking in my eyes.

He stepped out, letting go of my waist so that our hands were the only things connecting us before he spun me back into him. We swayed to the music as Logan whispered into my ear, "Tyler, I-" he hesitated, looking conflicted, "... I really like you." Guilt. "I know that I messed up, but I would never wrong you again." More guilt. "What I'm asking is... Please Tyler, let me back into your life and I'll never do anything to hurt you again. I promise on my alpha title." Woah... I gazed into his eyes and nodded, awestruck at his words. He gleamed down and me and wrapped me in a hug. "I'll never hurt you."

But of course that voice... my voice... had to ruin everything. With seven words, she ruined the moment of bliss and comfort I had with my werewolf mate and sent a double-edged dagger to dig in the deep depths of my heart.

"That doesn't mean you'll never hurt him."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222 0 27
*WARNING* This story contains depiction of death, SA, and violence/murder. DO NOT read if you are easily triggered by any sensitive content. Please u...
15.4K 148 32
ON HOLD, Hailey is a pretty average girl if she says so herself and she is and outcast she has a loving family but no one in the pack likes her unti...
174 6 4
I made a vow to myself when I first set my eyes on her, to protect her from the monsters surrounding this town. 𝓜𝓨 𝓞𝓑𝓔𝓢𝓢𝓘𝓞𝓝 When I was wi...
1.8K 145 45
"I would know it in any world, any life, any form, anywhere in time and space. I would die for these lavender eyes to glitter with warmth - anytime...