What You're Missing (Ross lyn...

By Sushi-Brain

A wonderful girl with scars. An old book that holds many secrets. One page, and one person may change her li... More

What You're Missing (a Ross Lynch Fanfic)
chapter 1: its not that easy
chapter 2 - i hope they're friendly
chapter 3 - surprise!
Chapter 4- Care For a Walk?
Chapter 5 - I Love coincidences
Chapter 6 - It Isn't Gonna Take Long
chapter 7 - trusted
Chapter 8 - Confessions
Chapter 9 - Awkward
Chapter 10- love struck
Chapter 11 - "cofortable-me-not" PART 1
A/N
chapter 12 - "comfortable-me-not" PART 2
Chapter 13 - The smart ass, skips classes
chapter 14 - "you're so hot."
Chapter 15 - Kiss Attepts
Chapter 16 - Wound Stitches
Chapter 17 - Humiliation
chapter 18 - His Touch
Chapter 19 - Fixing
Chapter 20- Feelings Eruption
Chapter 21 - Birthday
Chapter 22 - Netflix And Kiss
Chapter 23 - Adorable Fool
IMPORTANT NOTE
Chapter 24 - 'Is Perfect'
Chapter 25 - Curves
chapter 26 - Feels Good
chapter 27 - Best Friends Talk
Chapter 28 - Eager Much
chapter 29 - Encouragement and Lovingly
Chapter 30 - oh god
Epilogue

BONUS CHAPTER

406 28 12
By Sushi-Brain

Hailey's P.O.V.

I waited on the line, eagerly hoping Charlotte would answer. My eyes were puffed, red, and tired from crying so hard. All I was worried about was me telling Ross. How can I tell my best friend, whom is also my boyfriend, that I'm going to be a thousand miles away from him for god knows how long?

"Hey Hailes," She finally answered, making me sigh in relief. "Hey, you got a special mail today?"

"Yes," she said before a long pause occurred, "now please don't be mad at me for not telling you it was in London. "

"You knew it was in London? Charlotte, I spent a whole day just thinking about this. Why didn't you tell me?" I pouted, biting my nails.

"Hailey, please just calm down," she paused yet again, taking a long deep breath. "You know how this college is one of the most famous archaeology colleges all around the world, right? "

"Yeah."

"And you know how both of us wanted to proceed our fort in this so badly, yeah?" She asked, trying to convince me as I rolled my eyes, humming.

"And you know how hard it's gonna be, leaving my parents, Jason, and Ross," I replied making her let out another deep sigh.

"You will keep in touch with-"

"It's not going to be the same, Char. I can't go on without seeing them for at least one year. I can't stand not being near Ross, hell, I can't sleep without him, now."

"He's the one who encouraged you into this, all you have to do is have a long talk with him. And being the Ross I know, it will be hard for a couple of hours, maybe a day, before he gets everything going on easily. He'll wait for you, Hailey. He loves you," she said, making me chew on my lip.

"Alright. I'll go knock on his, and try to ease everything out. It's not gonna be hard, right? "

"Calm down, you're chatting with me like a baby," she chuckled softly making me smile, "talk to me later and tell me how it all went alright?"

"Alright. bye," I called before she hung up. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath, holding the acceptance letter, and heading downstairs.

"Hey mom," I called out from the kitchen, as she handed me a waffle.

"Hey, you going to tell Ross the news?" She asked sitting on the counter stool. I nodded softly making her smile. "I'm so proud of you, baby. You went far."

I sniffed hugging her, "thanks, mom. I will be back by dinner, is that alright? And by the way, I just finished sorting the storage room out. Everything's perfect including the laundry. "

She kissed my cheek, nodding as I got to the main door. She waved before I walked off to the Lynch's, ringing their door bell. It shortly answered revealing the hot mess of a blond.

"Hey, snowy," he smiled making my heart race.

His smile slowly faded at my state, bringing his hands to rub my cheek softly. "What's wrong? "

"C-can we talk?" I stuttered. Making him nod, taking my hand and guiding me up to his room.

"Why were you crying?" He asked softly, as we got into the room and onto the bed.

He sat down, pulling me up on his lap, before I removed the paper out of my pocket.

I handed it to him as he took it, looking at me in confusion.

His eyes darted back to the paper while his hand held onto my waist for support.

He scanned through the paper, a smile cracking slowly on his beautiful face, brightening his features.

The features that I kiss everyday. The ones I'll be missing the most.

"Hailey, you got in the college, that's awesome," he whispered, pausing lightly as I looked down, not able to meet his eyes, "I still don't get why you're crying, snowy."

He held my chin softly, making me look up at him, "the college's in London."

He frowned lightly, still stroking my hair,"in London? " he asked making me nod softly, "so, you're heading off to England? "

"Do you want me to go?" I mostly questioned making him twist me, so that both of my legs were straddling his waist.

"Hailes, I can't be the one who'd tell you not to go, especially since I'm the one who encouraged you into this. You've went so far. You chased your dream."

He stopped, sighing at my worried state.The more I stared into him, the more I had to hold the urge of crying.

But listening to his angelic voice, made me tear.

"No, no, don't cry, " he paused wiping my tears, before cupping my cheeks. "I know that it's not gonna be the same, snowy. I don't want you suffering because of me. You should be dancing around right now, happy that you succeeded at gaining something huge."

"I'm just afraid, we'd slowly drift apart, I don't want this to happen to us, Ross," I choked out, tears streaming down.

"And it's not going to happen. I can't just give up on you because you're a few miles away, and you definitely can't either. We'll text and video chat every single day, you'll be tired of hearing my voice," he smiled weakly making me chuckle "never, Ross. "

"Besides, you'll visit during holidays, and what not. Long distance can't break our bond, Hailey. Ever."

I nodded smiling at him. He shifted his body backwards, before laying on the bed's head post. I layed my head on his chest, playing with his finger softly while my feet brushed over his.

"has this happened to you before?" I asked making him shake his head on me softly.

I looked into his currently brown eyes, frowning abot. He was smiling, but his eyes said otherwise.

"No, it's usually I who leaves for tour."

I took everything in him, observing every little feature, making me blurt out a sentence, "I love you, Ross."

He smiled before pulling me further into his arms, taking in the scent of my hair, rubbing my back. "I know I'm in love with you, Hailey. "

My mind raced as I suddenly felt the need to smash my lips onto his. I know what's about to happen.

I pulled away from his arms, sat on top of him to press his lips on mine, hungrily yet lovingly in a sudden, closing my eyes shut. As I could tell, he was shocked for the sudden contact, but kissed back in equal passion. Seemed like he knew too.

The moment she hears those words,
The moment their feelings will burst out
How rhythmically her body cords,
How all he'd feel towards her is thirst among a crowd

Wrap me around you tightly in your chest
Steal my heart, steal my mind
Don't let me go unless I'm safe In our nest
Let me be forbidden from the urging find

I'm in love with you too. Only you, it's true.

I removed my hand from his neck, pulling away slowly as my stomach erupted in butterflies, since he wanted it to last much longer. He stared into my bare eyes, bringing our foreheads together, our heads tilted the slightest bit, and our lips parted and swollen from our recent contact.

I don't know what I said. I never actually do.

But him wanting to hear my every uncontrollable saying is just so loving. His words cause this. His actions lead to my reactions.

"Two points of view, Hailey," he whispered, gulping as his eyes drifted back to my lips. He smiled, tilting his head more against my forehead to kiss me one more time. He caressed my upper waist, capturing my lips with his, ever so slowly. "Your words are so deep."

His head lowered causing his upper lip to rest on mine before he took my bottom lip between his sweet ones from downwards.

"Your lips are such a tease, " he mumbled into the kiss, "I love all of you."

"And I love all of you," I mumbled back making him smile. All I could describe the situation with was a kiss that never ended. It was pure beauty.

*-*-*-the next morning*-*-*-

I woke up to the sound of rain drops hitting my window. My ears seemed to just perk up at the clinking sound, forming a smile on my face.

I grabbed my phone from the nightstand, checking the time as my eyes widened.

3:00 pm

Dragging my lazy ass up, I picked an outfit for the day, pulling it into the bathroom. I decided on taking a nice, long shower to freshen up from my past groundhog days.

I stripped down before going in, and opening the water. It was all then coming down at me right at this moment. Sopping my hair like drenching my thoughts.

My eyes were still puffed from crying yesterday at Ross' s. I knew i was supposed to be proud, to be enthusiastic about what i just accomplished, but all I was upset about was Ross not being so fine about it.

As much as he smiled, his eyes always opposed his feature.

Which caused me to feel sorry for him. And quite disappointed.
I did my business, washed my hair, got everything done and turned off the water, wearing my clothes before coming out to brush my hair.

I was done getting ready after I wore my key necklace and put one last swipe of lip balm on my lips. Clumsy.

"You awake?" Jason called knocking on my door. I nodded, wearing my high tops before walking in his direction.

"Dad arrived from his shift yesterday at night while you were asleep. He saw the mail," he said, rubbing my arms softly, looking down at me.

Although I was his older sister, he was much taller than me. It was resulted by his hobby, basketball.

"What did he say?"

"Don't know, only mom was up. I was half asleep with Rose on the couch before she left," he scratched his dirty blonde hair, shrugging lightly.

I nodded lightly, sighing in frustration. "Hey, don't worry. Dad'll be so freaking proud of you," he patted on my shoulder, making me smile.

I really do have the best family.

*A couple of hours later*

I surfed through the channels on the TV, filling my boredom a bit. "Hailey?"
Mom asked, sitting by me. I turned my full attention on to her, raising my eyebrows.

"Why aren't you with Ross, baby? "

I turned my head, looking down slightly, "I haven't heard of him since morning. He never texted. I don't know if he's alright."

"Go give your boyfriend a hug, Hailey. He needs you right now," she patted my shoulder slightly smiling at me.

I realised how mom was right. He probably needs someone to calm him and be by his side, even though he hadn't been the same this morning.

so I dragged my feet, hoping this visit would be alright.

I was now right by their door, dressed in pajamas, ready to face what ever would be happening in few.

Am I ready?

I rang the door bell, waiting for a response patiently.

I just wanted to know how he is.

"Hey, Hailes," Rocky opened the door smiling, as I shoot him a grin.

"Is Ross here?"

Just then I heard a loud quarrelling argument. I guess my question is answered.

"Yeah, you could say that," Ryland came in view after I went in. "He's upstairs. They probably need you."

"They?" I questioned clearly confused at what they meant.

Not bothering to wait, I sprinted up to his room, to be startled out by more shouting.

"You just don't get it," I heard Ross talking, making me frown a bit.

"You can't just do that, Ross. Time is running and you have to spend the most of it."

It was Rydel. I never actually saw them arguing like that.

Sure they're siblings, and siblings argue a lot, but this seemed serious.

and so, I chose to go in, breaking the developing situation. "Guys, " I tried to catch both of their attention,  getting none of it.

"Stop, just stop. Rydel, can I please talk to Ross? " I got in making her nod softly, before giving him a look.

"Ross, will you please tell me what is going on?" I pleaded turning my full attention to him as Rydel left the room.

"Nothing is going on. Rydel and I were just arguing. Nothing more," he replied bluntly making me furrow my eyebrows.

"Didn't seem like it."

"Hailey, my sister and I were fighting and it's not considering you. So please don't come in between us."

"Ross, your problems are mine too. I'm here-"

"You can't just budge in. These are my problems and I'm old enough to solve them by myself. I just need some time alone." He cut me off looking into my bare blue eyes, making me go speechless. "So please, just leave me alone."

"What?" I choked out adrenaline rushing through me. I was that confused, and his hazel eyes were currently brown. I couldn't find a sign.

"You heard me, Hailey. "

I just looked at him in disbelief, nodding slowly before walking slowly up to his door.

What just happened?

He sighed just ad I twisted the knob and dragged myself out.

I raised my head up, meeting Rocky's eyes. "what happened? "

"Nothing happened, " I choked out tears brimming in my eyes, " except that your brother just kicked me out."

I tried to go past him, not wanting him to see me cry. I just wanted to go back home, and sleep.

Rocky caught my wrist bringing me back onto his big bear hug.

"I'm really sorry, Hailes," he patted my back, ad I hugged his waist crying into his shirt.

He hugged my torso, softly running his hands through my hair.

Rocky walked me down the hall and into Rydel's room were she was sat on her bed, blasting music on the laptop.

"I need to go home," I said softly, making both of them shake their heads. 

"Not right now," Rydel said, holding my hand to pull me further into her bed. "Look who's out there by our doorstep. "

Rocky and I moved to the window, Pulling  the curtains.

"God damn, it's Jessica," he whispered, looking at me.

"Jessica? "

"Jessica Valentine, your school's bitch." he replied making me open my mouth in realisation.

"What is she doing here?" I whispered watching her go into the direction of the doorstep.

"Don't know."

"Well, anyways, I gotta go guys. Thank you for calming me down. I really needed that," I sighed as Rydel shook her head furiously.

"No way. She's currently in Ross's room. "

Ross's P.O.V.

"Ross, somebody's here to see you," mom called from the door making me leave the ring to get off the bed.

I took one last glance at it, deciding on putting it on my pocket. I'll need it in a few.

I dragged myself off, running a hand through my face.

I've never regretted something that much, In my whole life. Hailey probably hates me now.

Opening the door, my breath hatched. "What are you doing here?"

"I heard about Hailey's news so," Jessica paused flattering her eyelashes making me roll my eyes. "I thought you'd need someone to calm you. "

"No thank you, I've got her and that's all I need."

My heart broke after I confessed this. I just kicked her out of my room because I needed to think about how would it be, and all I needed to do that was having her by my side.

"Awh,  come on Ross. She's leaving you for God's sake, don't you think it's time to go and move on? And plus, who dates their best friend anyways?" She steeped closer, making me shuffle and move back. She was passing by the limit,  placing her palms on my chest.

"Woah, there. First of all, I was the one who encouraged her into this. Because I love her. Secondly, I do. A deposit it's the best thing I've ever experienced and you can't ruin it."

"But I don't want you to be with her. I bet she gave you nothing. Like, have you guys even had sex? " she asked pressing her body on me.

I was furious by now, clenching my fists with my face painted in pure anger. "How the fuck would you dare to ask such a question, huh?"

Just then, the door opened, Hailey coming in view looking shocked at us. I wouldn't blame her, the birch had her slutty self all over me.

"You've got a lot to explain. "

The door closed shut with a loud bang before I heard Rocky calling for her.

I pushed Jessica's body off of me, rushing to the window to see Hailey jogging to her door.

I messed up big time.

"You motherfucking bitch," I screamed turning to Jessica. "Why would you do this? What do you want from me?"

"You're better off without her."

"Get lost, " I said, holding the hugest urge to push her out the door, "you're nothing more than one friendship and relationship saboteur. Just get out. And you're never welcome in here. What you've caused is enough. "

Ryland opened the door, asking her to leave politely.

I let out a huge sigh just as he shut the door, plopping down on the bed.

Glancing at the window I found Hailey getting under the covers, her body shuddering as she cried.

I ruined my baby.

Hesitation was taking over me as I didn't know if I should let her calm down, or go and show her what I've been wanting to let her know.

The ring shuffled in my sweatpants' pocket as I got up to walk to the window, opening it to be blown off by a warm breeze, almost refreshing.

Climbing against her porch, I found the window creaked open to my luck. I knocked softly on its glass, making her turn her head to me, and twist back again to rest it on the soft pillow.

I tool that as a sign to get in, opening the window to spend to her light faded, candle scented room.

She moved on to the other side of the bed, giving me a space to lay down by her. I did so, covering my shoulders with the covers. "Hey."

She muffled, tears flowing down on her rosy, rounded cheeks. My heart shayyered just watching her cry because of me and what I've done.

"Hailey, I am so sorry. I can explain,  alright?"

"Please do, " she replied making me nod.

"Hailey what I've said earlier, was really out of context. I love you Hailey,  so much, I've been thinking about you this whole day and it just got me scared. You leaving would tear me down. I'm happy for you, I really am, I'm just scared of waking up and not knowing how you're doing, or finding the pillow instead of you you in my arms......I realised how many things will just not be the same. I'd lose my girlfriend, and my best friend at the same time."

"But you are not going to lose me, Ross," she hushed softly making chills run down my spine.

She just sounds so Beautiful.

"I understand, I know I won't. But I was just stressing myself, thinking about it. I'm truly sorry. I'm sorry you loved me so much, where you showed me loyalty, trust, humour, beauty, and I returned it in an awful way. You cared for me, you forgot about my fame and concentrated on my manners, our friendship, us, but I gave it back to you by having you see another girl clench on to me."

Her eyes glistened as she listened to me, shaking her head. "Everyone makes mistakes, love. I know me leaving will have us tortured,  I really do. And Jessica's situation was out of your hands. I saw how angry you were as she talked to you. I just needed you in this right moment." she replied making my heart swell. How can she be so forgiving?

I reached for her had, holding it tightly under the covers. "Right, and I'm going to promise you from now on, no matter how the distance between us increases or how the future would hold something for whether it's good or not, I'm going to love you. Forever. You're what I need. You were the one whom I had when I almost gave up on myself, when I thought I had no friends to trust, no one to love. When I lost interest in hope and love. You came into my life, changing all of that. And I promise I'll show you the same, Princess."

I reached my pocket, grabbing the Pandora silver princess ring, to put it on her finger. She stared at me, her eyes fixed on mine, as goosebumps arrised on her skin. "What's that?"

"This is a promise ring, a symbol for my love to you, Hailey. "

She raised her hand to look at it, staring in awe. Her body came closer to me under the covers, her grey yoga short covered left leg in between mine, as our foreheads touched. "I'm never taking this off."

She brought my hand up to her lips, pecking It softly.

I moved my hand to her waist, ruffling at the hem of her shirt making her smile slightly. "What?" She giggled.

"Snowy, you trust me. Right?" I paused making her nod, " I want you to press your body down on mine to lean in to my comfort. I want you to not fear, of get in secured of me, seeing you shirtless. This might sound kinda funny, but that's how I want you to feel towards me. No insecurities between us, baby."

She smiled, holding my hands on her shirt, helping me get it off. She traced the softly, letting each finger roll the sweater up, making my hand lean in to touch her skin.

That was what I wanted. To earn her trust with everything in her.

She folded her sweater, placing it by the night stand. I looked at her flawless figure, covered in the red lace bra.

I held her waist closer to me, feeling her skin against my shirt. "You're the best thing that has ever happened to me, Ross." She mumbled sleepy on my neck.

"I feel the exact same way."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

570 66 22
A girl that is scared of her changing life, until she runs into an unexpected stranger. When she finaly finds out who he is, will it change how they...
9.3K 446 31
A young girl was brought into a family's life for she didn't really say she had a true family. They took her in and became that one family that knew...
2K 423 17
Sierra has given up hope at the age of 17. Whirling through the foster care system all of her life would do that to you. Disappoint and mistreatment...
1.3K 28 14
Lisa is Ross's girlfriend and she is hiding something from Ross that he doesn't know and Ross is getting suspicious but Lisa can't find anyway to tel...