Mates Forever

By bookslover16

Have you ever had a secret? I mean, not like a, "honey, i secretly don't like your ties so I threw them all a... More

Friends till the end?
New Day
dress shopping...Darn!
Double Date
Birthday Surprise
What do you mean, Mate?
I can't deal with this
Belonging
The Pack
Peaceful Tides
Ominous Winds
Werewolf?
Secrets no more
Evil plans
Focus
Proposition
Mates, forever, and always
Found
Justice
Brainstorm
Dominant
Recruiting
Battle Plan
Hurry!
Torturous Surprise
Revenge
It's Over
Epilogue

Dinner

1.7K 39 0
By bookslover16

Sorry for the late upload, I've been busy with school. Dedicated to eleon112 for sticking with my book! I know it hasn't been easy!

<3 ninja turtle

~~~

We pulled into my parent's driveway. I got out and went to open the door for Sam. She smiled at me, and I smiled back. I picked up her dress and carried it inside.

"Hey, can I use your shower? I want to wash my hair before we go out." I nodded, and walked into my room. I set down the dress on the bed, and pointed to my shower.

"You can use my shower. It'll be quicker." She nodded, and disappeared into the bathroom.

I walked back downstairs, getting a snack from the fridge. I sat down on the couch, and flipped through the T.V. channels. I threw down the remote after a while. there was absolutely nothing on! I looked down at myself, disgusted. I had pizza sauce on my shirt! I'll have to change. I got up and walked upstairs to my room, forgetting that Sam was in there.

Sam's POV

I sighed as I felt the hot water run down my back. I opened up the bottle of shampoo, and ran my hands through my hair, getting it all wet, then shampooed my hair, then conditioned it. I took a deep breath. The soap and shampoo smelled like Josh...okay, that was a weird thought

. I shook my head, sending water everywhere. I hurried up, and got out. I turned the water off, then turned around. If I was supposed to wear the dress....I would have to bring it in with me to the bathroom!

I smacked my head. It's still on his bed! I wrapped the towel securely around me, and steeled myself. He's probably still downstairs, eating or something. I tugged open the door, and walked over to the bed. At first, I didn't see Josh, but I caught a glimpse of movement out of the corner of my eye. i turned my head, and watched him as he tugged his shirt off over his head.

I silently gasped. He has tons of muscle! I covered my mouth to prevent myself from drooling. i know it's rude to stare, but how can you not when your best friend looks like THAT!? I watched as his muscles rippled, and I looked up and down his body. Wow, he's hot...where did that thought come from too? I don't like him that way...do I?

At that same moment, he turned around, and we both froze. his eyes scaled me from my head to my toes. I saw something in his eyes like maybe...lust? I shook myself. That couldn't be. We're just friends. Aren't we?

Right now, the look in his eyes said we weren't. He looked...hungry. There was no other word to describe it. Once he was finished looking at me, I cleared my throat, and his eyes snapped to my face. He was blushing! I held back my blush.

"i...I...just had t...to grab my dress." I stuttered, then mentally slapped myself. Wait to embarrass yourself! He looked at me.

"Well, I was just changing into something more presentable..." He trailed off. I swallowed.

"Well, I'll just get dressed, then I'll meet you downstairs, okay?" I asked him. Thankfully, he nodded and left the room. I sighed, and picked up the dress, and quickly put it on. I zipped up the back, and stepped into my shoes. Luckily, I wore my heels to the mall.

I walked down the stairs, and hastily pulled my hair up into a presentable bun. I had a couple pieces framing my face, and I thought I looked rather pretty.

Josh's POV

I almost ran out of the room, I was so embarrassed! I flopped down on the couch, and put my head in my hands. Why couldn't i have waited until she was out before I went and changed!? Oh, well, what's done is done. Now I just have to pretend that I didn't care seeing her almost naked...stop it, don't think about it! I mentally slapped myself. I heard stomping on the steps, and looked up just in time to see Sam come down the stairs. She looked beautiful in the dress and her hair was awesome. She had red cheeks from the hot shower...hot. She looked hot. I cleared my throat, and offered her my arm. She took it graciously, steeping down the last step.

"Here you go, my lady. Your chariot awaits," I joked. She laughed, and got in my car.I got in my side of the and drove away.

 ~~~

When we reached the restaurant, I went and opened the door for Sam again, and she smiled at me. She took my arm, and I led her inside.

"Hello. A reservation for four. I think we are under the Jone's." The hostess smiled, and led us to our tables. I saw my mom and dad already seated. i pulled out a chair for Sam, and she sat down. I sat down in my chair, and said hello to my parents. They said hello, and went back to looking at their menus. A bit later, a waitress came over, and took our orders. My mom ordered fettuccini Alfredo, and my dad ordered that steak. I had the burger and fries, and Sam had the lasagna. My mom took a sip of her water, then spoke to me.

"So honey, are you and Sam dating?" I choked on my root beer, and I heard Sam cough. I was hacking, trying to get the drink out of my lungs, then I spoke.

"No, mom. Me and Sam are just good friends." I told her breathlessly, my face beet red. She shrugged, looking at Sam.

"My how you've grown. You look all grown up now." She said to her. Sam blushed and looked at her hands in her lap.

"Thank you. It's nice to see you again, Mr. and Mrs. Jones." She said politely. My parents nodded, and just when she was about to speak again, the food arrived. I rubbed my hands together, drooling at the sight of my food. I saw Sam smirk at me out of the corner of my eye, but I didn't care

. I dug into my food as soon as the waiter put it down, and then I felt a sharp kick on my shin. I looked up glaring at Sam, but she wasn't paying any attention to me. I frowned, then looked at my mom. She narrowed her eyes at me, and I swear her look said if you don't eat nice, you aren't getting allowance for a week.

So I stopped shoveling the food in my mouth, and ate daintily, taking a stupid small amount on my fork, ate it, then put my fork down and dabbed at the corners of my mouth with it. I saw Sam smiled, and I turned my head towards her. I took my fork and stuck it in her dish, and pulled out some, putting it on my plate. She scowled, and took some food from my plate.

Well, she actually took the whole burger. She took a huge bite, and my eyes popped out. She smirked at me, and handed me my burger back. I took another huge piece from her plate to even out the food she took. She stole a couple fries. and pretty soon we were eating each other's food.

I ate the last of my burger before she had a chance to, and she pouted. I patted her on the head, ad she swatted my hand away. She stole some of my fries, then I held my hands out.

"Okay, you win. Just stop eating my food, I'm actually hungry here. I know, a growing boy eats a lot of food, hard to believe!" I smiled at here. I caught the glance my parents shared, but didn't waste time thinking about it.

 "Fine, I'll stop eating your food if you stop eating mine." I nodded, and she started eating again.

After dinner, my parents were talking, and me and Sam had our head together so my parents couldn't hear us.

"So, what are you doing tomorrow? Since tomorrow's Saturday, I was wondering if you wanted to go to a movie with me and Steve and George."  I asked her, and she nodded. "

Sure, but can I bring Tina and Penny? They like Steve and George." I nodded. She smiled at me, and squeezed my hand. I felt blood rush to my face, and wondered what was wrong with me. Sam was looking at me, worried.

"Josh, are you okay? You look a little flushed." I nodded, and took a drink of my root beer.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little hot, that's all." Yeah, let's go with that.

~~~

After my parents stopped talking, they drove home, and I drove Sam home.

"Well, tonight was fun." I stated, and she laughed.

"Yeah, real fun. Your parents are weird, but they're nice. I like them." For some reason, hearing that she liked my parents gave me a thrill. She suddenly gave me a hug, and I stiffened, then relaxed. I placed my arms around her, hugging her back. I kissed the top of her head, then froze. I pulled back, and she was staring at me. I smiled.

"See you tomorrow." I called and waved as I got into my car. As I pulled away, I looked in the mirror. She was still there, staring after me.

I reached home, thinking hard about why I just kissed her on her head. I never kissed her. Ever. So she had reason to be surprised, but we were best friends. Surely, I was allowed a little kiss on her head, that couldn't hurt, could it?

I shook my head as I climbed the stairs, and for some reason I felt worried. I was thinking It could be for Sam, but that's not right. I hit the bed after stripping my clothes off, wearing only my boxers. Sam was perfectly safe. I had no reason to worry about her. But the thing was, I saw before I looked away form my rear view mirror, in the trees behind her... the shadows had moved.

~~~

I know it's not that long, and I'm sorry, but I have a serious case of writers block that I'm trying my hardest to get out of, so I hope the next chapter will be longer and better. Thanks for sticking with me, the only reason I keep on writing is I know you guys are reading! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

283K 8.7K 46
#1 in Werewolf on 4/2/21. This book is about a girl named Alessia who went to college meeting her best friend Jessica and fell in love with her boyfr...
167K 3.1K 29
Julia, just months from becoming a full-werewolf, is now halfway through her pregnancy, has officially hooked up with the father of her babies ...sor...
5.9M 157K 37
My mum always used to tell me what it's like to see your mate for the first time. She used to say that at that moment, everything around you stopped...
265K 2.9K 60
Lied to, back stabbed, toyed with, beaten, abused, cheated, unloved, betrayed, lost, hurt. This is how Rose feels every day. She turns sixteen in a f...