Adopted by Pentatonix (#Power...

By Girlwithdreams2503

Skylar had lived in the orphanage for basically her whole life and she never thought that she would be adopte... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 9+10
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Q&A in celebration of the 30th chapter
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Q&A RESULTS THANK YOU FOR YOUR QUESTIONS ILYSM
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Self-image - Please Read
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Personal Q&A {why do you guys want i suck lol :) :'( }
Lol Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Fanfiction Awards!
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Epilogue
Extra 1 - the proposal
NOT A CHAPTER
♡ Final Q&A ♡
Extra 2 - the wedding

Chapter 51

1.1K 42 147
By Girlwithdreams2503

This chapter is dedicated to Maggieraecyrus because she is honestly just so amazing. I wish you all the best with your boyfriend who you apparently almost woke up when I updated last chapter >.< Sorry ^-^ Your comments always make me laugh so thank you ❤️

Oh my god. I'm pretty sure we're around half-way through this book. 😁 Holy macaroni. Idk, I haven't really... planned out each chapter. I just go with the flow really.

Happy birthday to: Ptx_Taco (late) and Maggieraecyrus (late)! I hope your day was filled with greatness and gifts and love. ❤️

Guys, in celebration of 10K reads, this one's for all you #Skylane or whatever tf Skylar and Shane's ship name is. I planned this chapter ever since we first met Shane. Have fun reading <3 It pulled my heart strings.

No but I'm actually serious. Somebody come up with a name for the two.

WAIT WASNT IT #Shylar?

|||||

Recap:
"Ice-cream helps, especially chocolate." She explains cheerfully while jumping onto the bed with me. "I got this from my secret stash. Sorry, there's already a bit missing: I got hungry a couple days ago." She grins at me and I find myself grinning back.

Maybe I'm not so bad.

*****

I exit the airplane with a big smile on my face.

Lol just kidding. I actually exit with a frown plastered on my lips and big, dark bags under my eyes. On my 17 hour flight, I only got around one hour of sleep because of the annoying five year old behind me who kept kicking my seat. I had asked him many times to stop but he just stuck his tongue out at me and continued.

Little brat.

I pause at the gateway, my eyes scanning the crowd for that one familiar face.

My breath hitches and my frown turns into a grin when my eyes lock with the breath-taking Ocean eyes. I drop my bag and push through the crowd to reach the familiar black-haired boy that I had come to love.

I finally reach him and go to run into his arms but he steps away from me.

"Shane?" I ask confused. What was he doing? He does recognise me, doesn't he? I Skyped him yesterday, a couple hours before my flight so he knew I was coming and when I would arrived.

He keeps looking me over, a look of disbelief on his face.

"What's wrong? You do recognise me, don't you?" I ask worriedly.

"Yeah I do... It's just...." He murmurs and his next words have my heart smashing.

I feel his gaze lock onto my stomach. "You're so fat."

>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<

{17th February}

I sit up, breathing heavily. I bring my hands up to my face to push my sweaty hair out of my eyes and am surprised to find my cheeks damp.

Holy shit.

I sit there for a few moments, trying to control my breathing. Glancing over to my right, I'm happy to find a still-sleeping Kirstie. Gently climbing over her - being careful not to wake her up - I enter her ensuite and stare at myself in the mirror. Dark bags hang under my eyes from a lack of sleep and nutrition.

It was just a nightmare.

He's right though.

He wasn't real.

But in the dream you referred to him as 'the one you had grown to love.' That's true, isn't it?

No. I don't love him. Just like him.

How much ice-cream did you eat?

I bite my lip and dig my nails into my palms.

More than Kirst that's for sure.

She said she wasn't hungry.

Only because you were eating it all.

Something digs into my back but I ignore it.

When was the last time you went for a run?

When I passed out.

That was - what? Three months ago? No wonder you're looking pudgy.

I squeeze my eyes shut.

It's only when I stand up do I realise that I was huddled in a ball against the bath, nails digging into the skin of my wrist.

Casting one last glance over at Kirstie, I exit her room and walk past Scott's and Mitch's room to get to mine. Scott hadn't been in his room yet; he was sleeping in the living room downstairs, apparently too drunk to walk up to his own bed. I grab my discarded clutch from the ground and grab my phone out, unlocking it and going into an app I hadn't been in in a while: Pointers.

Sup3rfruitler2013: Hey Shane, haven't talked in a while. Sorry, I've been busy. Are you okay?

After a slight shake of my head, I delete the question and then send the message. His response is almost immediately after.

BVBBOY666: I haven't really wanted to message you....

Sup3rfruitler2013: Oh

My heart stops. What? Not five seconds later, he sends another message.

BVBBOY666: Wait Skylar I didn't mean it like that.

BVBBOY666: I haven't wanted to message you because I've gone back to a dark place but this time it's worse.

Sup3rfruitler2013: I'll be right back.

BVBBOY666: Oh.

I quickly shut my door, turn my light on a dim setting and grab my laptop. Not even worrying about my hair or what I look like, I sit on my bed and log into Skype.

I call him and he picks up on the third ring. I smile softly when my eyes meet his but the smile soon turns into a frown when I watch his take a drag from the cigarette between his fingers. He's to the side of the screen, his converse-covered feet up on his desk to the left of the screen.

"Hey..." He murmurs and blows out the smoke.

"Shane, what are you doing?" I whisper and lean closer to my computer screen.

"I told you," he says quietly and takes another drag before breathing out. "I'm back in the dark place...."

"Shane stop." I plead as I watch him take another long drag from the death stick. He stops as he breathes out the poisonous smoke. "Please," I try again. "Those will kill you..."

He frowns and looks away from my face to the cigarette.

"Why stop?" He murmurs after a while. "We're all going to die someday. Whether it be from old age, an accident, a murder, suicide or a disease, the end result will always be the same; death."

He looks back to me. "Why not speed up the process?"

"Because I don't want you to die," I whisper hoarsely. "Not before I can kiss you."

His beautiful eyes lock with mine. He inhales deeply and turns to his cigarette. After casting one last glance at me, he puts his cigarette out on his converse.

We sit there for a few minutes, both of us just staring at each other under I break the silence.

"I love you," I whisper and immediately want to stuff a sock in my mouth.

Damn it, why did you say that?

You're so fuçkįng stupid.

Jfc, you stalker.

His eyes lock with mine and I swear he stops breathing. He slowly lifts his feet off the desk and moves closer to his screen.

"What?" He breathes out after a prolonged silence.

Well you said it once, may as well say it again.

Füçkįñg idiot.

"I said," I pause slightly, dragging my gaze away from his. "I love you..." I mumble and then risk a glance up at him.

My eyes search his face and I'm confused at his mouth which is pulled into a slight side smile.

"I love you too but-" he begins but I cut him off, feeling my heart break.

"But I'm too young, but we're too broken, but we're too far apart- I get it. There's always going to be a but." Blinking the tears away, I use my palm to wipe away the stray ones.

"That's not what I was going to say," he speaks softly and I look up at him, eyebrows furrowed in confusion and tears leaking slowly out of the corner of my eyes.

"I was going to say," his eyes lock with mine and the raw emotion in them makes me want to start sobbing. "'I love you but I think ten years down the line when I wake up with you next to me and the sunlight is streaming down your face, I might love you even more."

PTXPTXPTXPTXPTXPTXPTXPTXPTXPTXPTXPTXPTX

HOLY DIFICKDKDLSPMXXKSLAEDMCKXMDK

URGHHGHGH THOSE TWO ARE SP CUTE I CANT EBDN TYPE PROOPERLY SEND HLEP

*breathes heavily*

OH MY LORD

phew okay im calming down.
*clears throat*

Anyway,

Vote•Comment•Follow•Share

But only if you want to.

Love you guys!

~ Kiss The Past Away 💋

QOTC:
How'd you find this book?
I'm curious.

GOTC:
Storytelling time!

One person will comment a line of a story, then another person will reply with the next line until someone ends it. Get it?

Twitter: PhotographyNerd
Vine: PhotographyNerd
Instagram: WP_PhotographyNerd
Kik: jjone387

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47 0 24
[On going] Follow the life of Skylar and her journey to find where she belongs in this crazy world she calls life. Running away from home and getting...
36.6K 831 23
Danielle J Kleckenberg lived in an orphanage. No, she wasn't an orphan. Her parents abandoned her after her brother's death. She thinks all hope is l...
66.6K 9.6K 63
Completed. If life gives you lemon, make lemonade out of it. But if life gives you lemonade, what can you do with it? That's the situation Stella fi...
5K 282 21
Scott and Mitch have been dating for about 2 years now when one night, they made a discovery that changed their lives. A/N I don't think anyone's g...