Return ↠ Argent [2]

By -voidallison

❛The only real battle in life is between hanging on and letting go.❜ In which an ex-ghost readjusts back amon... More

disclaimer
prologue
01. Catching Up
02. Busted
03. Acquainted
04. Fate
05. Secrets
06. From Bad To Worse
07. First Day Blues
08. Vulnerable
09. No Interruption
10. Open Wound
11. Speed Dial
12. Plan B
13. Messengers of Death
14. Collateral Damage
15. Deceit
16. Blurred Lines
18. Facing Reality
19. Never-Ending Nightmare
20. Hide and Seek
21. Ghost
22. Slumber Party
23. Night Chat
24. Distractions
25. Shattered
26. Count Your Blessings
27. Suicidal
28. Not Read to Make Nice
29. Love Me or Leave Me
30. Dial Tones
31. Amplification
32. The Other Side
33. Follow Your Arrow
34. Blindspot
Epilogue
author's note

17. Gasoline

4.3K 258 185
By -voidallison

"Are those claws?" Lydia says, panic in her voice. My eyes were wide as I looked at said claws, trying to imagine that they weren't there. This wasn't happening...Allison wasn't passed out, and she wasn't a werewolf. This can't be real.

Stiles comes into my vision then, now kneeling beside Allison across from me. He stares at me and Allison both, being able to read the lies and panic on my face. I didn't care; I couldn't help but focus on Allison's closed eyelids and fast pulse against my finger tips. For some reason, my mind went back to when I almost lost her the first time, all because of me. And this time it was my fault again.

I did this to her.

"...Corey," I hear Stiles yell this time, snapping me from my daze. My eyes finally look away from her and to him, feeling my bottom lip quiver when I looked up. Stiles nods towards Allison, moving his hands under her left side. "Move her to the bed."

I nod my head frantically, moving my hands under her to lift her up, but before we get the chance to even move her, she started to shake violently. My hands found their way to her shoulders as I tried to hold her down, more than sure that this was a seizure. It had to be...but why?

"What's wrong with her!" Lydia screams, bringing her hand to her mouth as tears formed in her eyes. I didn't blame her. To be completely honest, I would have been crying too, but I was too busy being stuck in panic mode. I couldn't lose her.

"Help me hold her!" I shout to Stiles over Lydia, watching his shaking hands grab her shoulder as well. Her legs start to kick as Lydia takes a step backwards, sobs escaping her mouth.

She shakes her head before kneeling beside me. "Put her on her side!"

She helps us move Allison to her side, finding the strength inside her to face the problems in front of her. My saliva thickens as I try to keep Allison as still as I possibly could, but seeing her like this crushed me. Allison, the girl who could always protect herself, was dying from an unknown cause. But then it hit me...what was happening.

Her body was rejecting the bite.

I really started to panic then, but I tried to keep myself together. I feel Allison's heart race from under my hands as I tried to think about something else, but I couldn't. It was stuck on the thought that I would lose Allison...that I would lose her for good, all because of Jade and me.

I ruined her life.

Either my lack of focus caused me to see what happened next or something else, but when Lydia's hand brushed over my own, I was plunged into another time and another place. I screamed at myself to go back; to stay with Allison and to not see this vision, but I couldn't control what happened now.

It took my eyes a moment to readjust, but soon I realize that I'm standing in one of the corners in Allison's room. A cool breeze blows through the window, causing the curtains to fly upwards, but that was when I noticed Allison and Lydia both in the room as well. Lydia was lying on the bed doing homework while Allison sat at her desk, working on her computer.

Lydia chews on the end of her pencil. "Hmm...what's number 5?"

Allison looks over her shoulder. "Lydia, you're in an advanced math class, remember? One that I'm not in."

Lydia laughs faintly. "Oh yeah...what're you working on?"

Allison sighs before turning back to her computer, her pony tail flipping over her shoulder. "We have to write some type of speech for English class."

Lydia scrambles from the bed then, walking over to her friend as she looked on the screen. I became interested then, so I walked over behind the two of them, looking down to see what she was working on. It wasn't what I expected at all. On the screen wasn't a website or anything that she had pulled up; it was her screensaver, which had a large trunk of a tree on it. Weird.

"Guns vs. Bows," Lydia reads off the screen, scoffing slightly. "I should have guessed."

Allison smiles as I stare in confusion, not seeing where Lydia had seen that. "We had to do something we related to...so I thought why not?"

Lydia rolls her eyes slightly before plopping herself back down onto the bed, flipping through her textbook before stopping on another page. She jots something down in her notebook before Allison turns and looks at her, something looking as if it was bothering her.

"Lydia..." she fades out, gaining her attention. "Listen, I'm sorry about how you found out about all of this. I'm sorry that we didn't tell you sooner and you got hurt-"

"It's okay, Allison," Lydia says. "You wanted to protect me from the truth, I get that. I just wish I would have known that my boyfriend was a lizard a little bit sooner."

So this was right after all of that; before Allison went to France. Allison smiles at Lydia's comment. "I'm glad you're okay."

Lydia smiles before her facial expression changes. "Allison...have you, um-"

"What?" Allison says, her smile wiping off of her face.

Lydia looks uncomfortable to ask the question. "Have you ever been bitten...like me?"

Allison's face goes pale. "Uh, no. I would be a werewolf then-"

"No, I mean like me; have you been bitten and didn't turn?"

Allison looks devastated to tell her that Lydia was a different case. "No, you're immune, Lydia. We aren't sure why you didn't turn. It was the same with the kanima venom."

Lydia nods her head, her eyes wide. I could tell that she was just curious as to why she didn't turn; why she was so special. Allison noticed it too, because she quickly added on,"Do you wish you would have?"

Lydia looks back up. "I mean...I'd know what I was then. It kills me not knowing."

Allison seems taken back. "We'll figure out what you are, Lyds. I promise."

The room is quiet for a little while longer before Lydia is speaking again, her voice frail. "Do you ever wish you were bitten?"

Allison thinks about this for a moment, but her answer crushes me. "No. Sure, it would be cool to be able to do everything that Scott can do, but it wouldn't be worth it. I lost my mother because of the bite, and my dad lost her too. I won't let him lose me too."

Lydia nods her head dully, knowing she went a little too far with the question for Allison to bring her mother up. My eyes trail to the ground as I think about what Allison said, only thinking about what happened to her now. Now she was a werewolf; and we couldn't reverse it.

Allison brings her hand to her neck then, looking as if she was scratching it. "Dang, I think I slept on my neck wrong."

Lydia contines to work on her homework. "Maybe it's from you and that mystery boy you won't tell me about getting a little freaky."

My cheeks turn red, even though this was in the past. Allison rolls her eyes. "You'll meet him soon, I promise."

Lydia sighs. "At least tell me his name! I want to know who's going to father your children."

Allison laughs, but she holds her ground. "Patience."

Lydia rolls her eyes at her friend before she suddenly looks up, her eyes wide as can be. I freeze when her head snaps to me, staring at me dead in the eyes. She's quiet for a moment before suddenly she's screaming, her voice sounding different.

"Corey!"

That was when I snapped out of it. The vision was gone and I was back in the present. I have to readjust to what was happening around me before I realize that I was no longer on the floor, and neither was Allison. Stiles and Lydia had gotten her up on the bed and she was now lying still. She was okay.

"What happened to you?" Stiles asks me, standing behind Lydia, who was staring at me as if she knew that I had a vision.

I bring my hand to my head. "I saw something, but it wasn't important."

Stiles nods his head before he looks back at Allison. "She's going to be okay. She stopped about a few minutes ago."

I stare at Allison then, seeing her chest rise slowly. I could tell that her heart was finally at a steady pace and her breathing was under control. I let out of breath of relief as Lydia turns to look back at her friend, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.

"Can you explain to me what in the hell just happened?"

I close my eyes for a brief moment, thinking about what even did happen. "I-I don't really know. Right when I told you and Allison goodnight, I had hallucinated her and Jade, but then Allison came and found me and her eyes were glowing yellow. Jade's claws on the back of her neck had gone too deep."

Lydia shakes her head, tears starting to form once again. "You're telling me that my best friend is a werewolf?"

"I'm telling you that Jade is going to suffer for this," I say sternly, my jaw clenching. "I'll make sure of that."

Lydia looks back at Allison. "How is this even possible..."

"That doesn't explain what just happened," Stiles says, referring to the seizure. "Does that mean..."

"Her body is rejecting the bite," I say what they were both thinking. I felt like I was practically announcing Allison's death and it tasted like poison on my tongue.

Tears fall down Lydia's face. "What do we do?"

"What can we do?" Stiles says, looking around the Motel room. "We're stuck in this junk yard. There's not a hospital for miles; not that it would help her."

My mind switched into planning mode. "We need to get her back to Beacon Hills."

"Maybe Deaton can help," Stiles confirms what I was thinking. "But if not..."

"He can help her," I say sternly, knowing that he could. He had to.

Lydia still seems to be in shock about all of this. We all stand there in silence as we watch Allison rest, running every possible scenario through our heads. For me, almost all of them ended with her getting hurt, and it made me feel worthless. I felt like a way to help was right in front of me, but I wasn't sure what that thing was.

"Has anyone seen Scott lately?"

I totally forgot about him. "Last time I saw him was when he walked in on Allison."

Stiles looks at the door. "I thought he went to bed but..."

"But what?" I ask, not sure what he was talking about.

Stiles looks at Lydia. "But the werewolves have all been acting weird."

Lydia realizes then what he was talking about. "We need to go find him."

She swiftly grabs Stiles' hand as she pulls him out of the room, causing Stiles to look back at me and point. "Stay here and watch her."

"You don't have to tell me," I say, knowing that he was right. Besides, I wasn't exactly in the mood to see Scott at the moment. I wasn't as much angry with him anymore, but I didn't want him around Allison. If he's still acting the way he was earlier...then he isn't safe.

After Stiles and Lydia were gone, I walk over to one of the little side tables in the room and grab a chair, bringing it over so that it was sitting right beside Allison's bed. She stirs in her sleep as I do this, sitting down slowly, trying not to wake her. Her hair spreads out across the pillow as she turns on her side, her nose twitching slightly in a cute little way. I would have gotten in bed beside her, but I didn't want to wake her up.

I think about the vision I had seen; how serious Allison's face was when she talked about not wanting the bite. After thinking about it, my mind drifts as I stare at the back of her eyelids, somewhat hoping deep down that she'd open them and tell me that everything was going to be alright, even when I knew that it wasn't going to be.

I felt the need to say something, even though she couldn't hear me. "Look at you, Allison. You're dying because of me. If I wouldn't have driven off that bridge that night, none of this would have happened. I wouldn't have met you and you would still be safe and sound...still human. You know, I can't help but think about how god damn lucky I am to have you all of the time. I mean, how could you love someone like me, anyways? When I first met you, I knew that you were something special, unlike someone broken like me. Only I didn't realize how special you really were until I saw you in your weakest state. Maybe it was fate that you were on that bridge that night, maybe it wasn't, but you kept hope alive in me. You're strong Allison, and I know you can pull through this. We'll get around this obstacle; we always do. Hold onto hope a little bit longer...for not just me, but for everyone. Please."

I swore for a moment she woke up and heard most of that, but I was wrong. She was still fast asleep, but that was fine. Besides, she already knew how much she meant to me. She always knew.

"Nice choice of words," I hear someone say, causing me to turn around and see Scott standing there. "I was moved."

I furrow my eyebrows, sensing that something was off. "Thanks."

"Too bad she doesn't feel the same way," Scott says coldly, but I knew that this wasn't him. It couldn't be. "Did she ever tell you about us?"

I shake my head. "What are you talking about?"

Scott smiles that crooked smile. "You know; about how we had hooked up when she first moved here? It was during a party, right after I had been bitten. You should have heard her when she moaned my name-"

"Shut up," I snap, my temperature rising. I knew deep down that he was just saying this to stir me up. This wasn't real...or was it?

Scott takes a step closer. "Ask Stiles. He knows about it all."

"You're lying," I spit. "She would have told me."

Scott bites his lower lip. "Guess I'm her little secret, aren't I?"

My hands bawl into fists. "She doesn't love you, you know that."

"Keep telling yourself that, Corey," Scott says as he starts to circle me. "Why else do you think she resisted telling you how she felt about you for so long? Those feelings aren't real."

I was about to snap. "You don't know what you're talking about."

"Of course I do," Scott laughs at me. "I'm the one with the super hearing. I can hear her heart skip a beat when she speaks to you. You know what that means, Corey? It means she's lying. Everything you ever thought you had with her was all a lie; a waste of time. You wasted her time."

Finally, I snapped.

---------

Cliff hanger yay! Love these things.

Left a bunch of easter eggs for you guys this chapter. Re-read it, study it, learn it. Maybe you'll guess what's to come...if you're smart enough that it *muahhaa*

So, do you think Allison will pull through? Is what Scott said true? Will Corey do the ass kicking or will he be getting his ass kicked? Only the next chapter can tell!

Vote and comment loves!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

748 1 24
Book 2 in the Inner Wolf Series. After finally getting rid of the Kanima and getting the guy she has been in love with forever, things in Kai's life...
16.3K 467 25
Allison had died, her death had shook everyone. But the person it shook the most was Alice. She couldn't deal without her best friend, so she did the...
244 7 13
Kevin and his friend from elementary school, along with his other friends are just finishing up their sophomore year of high school. Relationships ar...
256K 5.9K 39
"We protect each other" Y/N L/N is rare, one of a kind, just like the pack she is apart of. Scott McCall's pack. Her life is never simple. Everywher...