Against all Odds {Middle-Eart...

By Ithildaeforever

"Nice fighting out there. You are finally getting better." She joked. He smiled and rolled his eyes, "Thanks... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Epilogue
Authors' Note

Chapter Forty-Two

47 7 4
By Ithildaeforever

Tauriel walked to the couple's room and opened the door quietly. Seeing the couple there, held in each other's arm gave Tauriel a feeling of pity for these two assassins. She stood there for a few moments, awkwardly wondering if she should leave.

Thea noticed her and quickly wiped her tears, pulling away from Nikandros, "What do you want?" She asked sharply.

"Um..." Tauriel stuttered awkwardly for a moment before she composed herself and straightened, "The King just wanted to tell you that we are leaving tomorrow for Gondor." She said stiffly, "He also said that you shouldn't try to escape. Not that it would be a problem," she added, "It's just pointless and we don't want you getting injured anymore."

Thea's face hardened, "You think you are so much better than us, don't you?" She growled, "I could have easily beaten you, filthy elf." She stood up and clenched her fists tightly at her side.

Tauriel smiled and laughed, "Sure you could have beaten me." She smirked a little, tensing slightly in preparation.

Thea tried to take a deep breath to calm down, but it didn't work. Instead, she lunged towards Tauriel, her fist out.

Expecting this, Tauriel moved slightly to the side and grabbed Thea's wrist, twisting it behind her back.

"Thea, stop!" Nikandros yelled, "It's no use!"

Tauriel nodded in Nikandros' direction, "He's right." A hint of a smile was still playing at the corners of her mouth.

Thea yelped quietly when Tauriel wrenched her arm tightly and tried to pull away. However, still being unhealthy she couldn't. Instead, she swung her leg around and kicked her leg into the elleth's stomach, pushing her backward a couple of steps.

Tauriel grunted and accidentally let go of Thea's arm as she stumbled backwards. Tauriel was just about to lunge, when Nikandros stepped between the elf and human.

"Enough!" He commanded, anger in his eyes, "Both of you!"

Tauriel cocked her head, "And you have the authority to do that?" She smiled infuriatingly, "I don't think so."

Tauriel turned on her heels and left, with the parting words, "Assassin doesn't know how to fight properly." And closed the door behind herself.

Nikandros turned sharply to face Thea, "What were you thinking?" He asked angrily.

"I don't know..." Thea rubbed her eyes vigorously, "She just really annoys me!" She sank to the ground and looked down.

Nikandros sighed, "She could have hurt you badly. Thea," He continued, the anger gone from his voice now, "What if she had drawn her daggers and fought you with them?"

"I don't know!" Thea shouted, "I...didn't think of that."

"Thea." Nikandros rested a hand on her shoulder. "I shouldn't have yelled at you. Forgive me?"

She looked up at him and sighed, "No, I'm sorry. That was incredibly foolish of me. I don't know what came over me..."

Nikandros gave a small smile, "It's okay. She is a little aggravating."

Thea snorted, "A little?"

Nikandros laughed, "Well maybe a bit more than a little."

Thea just chuckled softly. She closed her eyes slowly, starting to feel tired once again. It seemed that her past ailments were catching up with her. Unknown to her, she began swaying, almost about to collapse.

Nikandros swiftly caught her and gently lowered her to the floor, "Thea, what's wrong?"

"Nothing. I'm fine." She smiled and relaxed on the smooth, wooden floor.

"You almost fainted, and you're saying you're fine?"

"I'm just a little tired. That's all..." She lied, hoping desperately that Nikandros didn't catch on when she realized what was causing her pain.

"Sure, you are tired. What else is wrong?"

"Nothing!" She insisted.

Nikandros raised an eyebrow, "I don't think so. I think it's time we told each other the truth."

"I-I don't want to tell you..." Thea finally admitted. She avoided Nikandros' gaze.

"Why?" Nikandros asked quietly.

"Because you worry to much for me as it is..."

"Thea, I need to know."

"No. It's not important."

Nikandros let out a big sigh and looked expectantly at Thea, "Tell me this instant."

She didn't answer, but lifted her shirt slightly, revealing a quite gruesome sight. What had been a neat line of stitches across her stomach was now a bloody mess. Obviously, the stitches had ripped apart and the incision was beginning to bleed. Not only that, but the skin was an angry red color all around the busted stitches.

"Thea Rose Addinell!" Nikandros exclaimed, "Someone! Come here!" He yelled.

"No! Nikandros, don't call them. Please." Thea begged.

"Thea, you need help. Guards!" Nikandros yelled again.

"I don't want their help! Please...they will separate us again."

"I'll see if I can go with you." Nikandros insisted, "You really need medicine. The elves can give you that."

Before Thea could reply, Tauriel strode in, "What now?" She asked impatiently.

"My wife needs help." Nikandros explained, "Can you please get a healer?"

Tauriel raised an eyebrow, "Alright." She walked out and returned five minutes later with an older elf woman, not that you could tell she was older.

The elf woman bustled over, carrying many bottles and rags, "Alright. Where is she hurt?" She asked kindly.

Thea shied away from the elf, "Go away! I don't need your help." She yelled stubbornly.

"Thea, please!" Nikandros pleaded with her.

"I want nothing to do with that idiotic elf." Thea glared at Tauriel. 

Tauriel rolled her eyes, "I'm not going to touch you! Relax! Just admit when you need help, human."

"Thea." Nikandros warned, "Don't do anything stupid."

Thea started to sit up, fury in her eyes as she stared at Tauriel, "Why you little-"

Nikandros immediately laid a hand on her, "Don't you even think about it."

The elf woman spoke up, "Tauriel, you can leave."

"Fine." Tauriel said, and then spoke quickly to her in elvish. She was simply saying she would be right outside the door, but Thea and Nikandros didn't know that. Tauriel turned on her heels and left, closing the door behind her. Thea sank back down upon the floor and sighed.

The elf healer walked over, "My name is Almana. Where does it hurt?" She asked softly.

"I'm fine." Thea grumbled.

"No you're not, Thea. Let her help." Nikandros said simply.

Once again, Thea didn't say anything, but she moved aside her shirt that the elves had given her to show Almana.

Almana started speaking rapidly in Elvish to herself, while efficiently getting water, rags, and a salve. Expertly, she began to clean the wounds in a way that caused the least pain.

When the wound was clean, she got out a needle and began to stitch Thea's stomach back up.

Once that was done, she cleaned it again, and lathered salve over the bruises and the stitches. Lastly, she got out a long, wide bandage and wrapped it around Thea's waist and tied it so it would stay there.

She stepped back from her work, "There." She nodded in satisfaction.

Thea just stared in awe at how quickly the healer had done all that. She lightly touched the crisp bandage before pulling her shirt back down.

The healer smiled in satisfaction and turned to leave the room.

"Thank you." Nikandros said gratefully.

The elf glanced back and smiled again, before leaving the room.

Heeey...if you haven't figured it out yet, Thea has quite the temper. And I mean quite the temper. She is kinda hot headed. But oh well...people can change...

Ithildae, Evara, and Aris

Writers:
Thea ~ Ithildae
Nikandros ~ Evara
Thranduil ~ Aris
Legolas ~ Ithildae
Tauriel ~ Evara
Healer ~ Evara
Random guards ~ Evara and Ithildae

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

180K 8.8K 46
A shadow lies on Thranduil and his forest, and only a power stronger than the darkness of old can save them. Grief and loss have turned him into a ki...
479K 25.8K 52
[A Wattpad FEATURED story!] She's been King Thranduil's close friend for a long time. But when a shocking rumor about his past comes to light, it sha...
164K 7.3K 27
It has been over seven decades since Arya left everything she knew behind. Friends, foes, Legolas. Now, an old enemy is threatening Middle Earth, and...
28.5K 745 16
Agardess made the name for herself as Middle-Earth's greatest assassin. She was cold hearted and quiet, never one for saying anything. She was never...