Just Say The Word

By Brianna_Alexis

Mackenzie Davis is quiet and shy. She doesn't concern herself with typical teenage girl things, like boys, sh... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Help!!
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Sequel Update
Bonus Chapter: Liam's POV Chapter 1

Chapter 30

376 14 3
By Brianna_Alexis

This chapter has been split into two because I jumped the gun and said "yeah! There's only one more chapter left!" when I should've said two. AND because I couldn't force all the drama into one chapter. It would have been rushed and it wouldn't have had the same effect on you guys as I wanted. So......Without further adieu..

Chapter 30

"Mom, I'm so sorry. Please let me come home."

My mother looked me up and down. She was glowing, I have to admit. Was everyone happier when I wasn't around?

"Kenzie, you scared me half to death! I've been worried sick about you." She encased me in a warm hug. It felt so good. I had no idea how much I had missed my mother until now. No matter how much we fought, she was still my mother.

"So..that's a yes?"

She pulled away and smiled at me. "Hell yes that's a yes."

For the first time all day, I actually smiled.

----------------------------------------------------------

"So what was it like, living with Liam?"

I rolled over onto my side. "Mel can we please not talk about that?"

She plopped down next to me. "Right. I forgot about that." We both remained silent for a moment before she spoke again. "Are all the rumors true?" Her voice was barely above a whisper but I heard her.

"That depends on what you heard."

"Why don't you just start from the beginning?"

"Because I don't even know when it began."

She sighed. "Did you sleep with Lance?"

I closed my eyes for a sense of security before answering. "Yes."

To my surprise, she chuckled.

"What?"

"I should've known that you two had a thing. No guy ever deals with your nonsense without having a thing for you."

"That's so not tr-" Come to think of it, I had only really spent time with two guys: Lance and Liam. I ended up with both of them. Well two guys if you don't include Kace who was like madly in love when I met him. Kace. I messed up our friendship too. Me and guys just dont mesh.

"You know it's true," Melody giggled.

I forced a smile onto my lips for her sake. "Yeah, it is."

I felt the bed shift under her weight as she turned to really face me. "Kenzie?"

I opened my eyes. "What?"

"I know you feel horrible. I know that. And I also know that you never meant for any of this to happen. It's honestly not in your nature to be a slut." That should've stung but I got what she was saying. "I just want you to know that I love you and I'm here for you. I know after dad left we distanced ourselves but I love you and I look up to you. I want you to know that. I want you to know that you are the only family I know I can depend on. We have mom but she has Miguel and the baby now. We only have eachother. I know you would support me if something like this happened to me and I want you to know that I'm going to return the favor. You're my big sister and I love you."

I had never expected something like that to come out of my little sister's mouth. "Wow," I breathed out. "That's...heavy."

She chuckled. "I pour out my heart and sisterly feelings and all you have to say is 'that's heavy.' Typical."

Before I knew it, we were both laughing and bonding almost like old times. All I could think was maybe life wouldn't be so terrible after all. Boy was I wrong.

Melody and I arrived at school the next day as a united front. Every time someone would make a comment towards me, she would brutally slice them with her tongue or flip them off. Sadly, that could only last for a few minutes as we had separate classes with her being a freshman and all.

I was dreading heading to first hour. Lance would be there and he would be ignoring me. It didn't know if I could handle that just yet, but I had no choice. Sighing, I waved goodbye to Melody as I trudged into English. My eyes immediately traveled to where I knew he would be sitting. His eyes were cast downward as he looked over some papers. Gosh, he looked so beautiful. Stop it Mackenzie!

Reluctantly, I took my seat next to him and carefully averted my eyes to the front of the classroom. The teacher was droning on about satire and quite frankly, I couldn't care less at the moment.

"Are you okay?"

My heart jumped a bit. Wrong reaction. "What?" I turned slightly to face Lance.

He looked conflicted for a moment before he answered me. "I just want to know if you're okay, Mackenzie."

Mackenzie. "I'm fine," I grumbled before turning to face forward. He called me Mackenzie.

"Don't be like that Mackenzie. I still care about you. I just cant be with you."

That hurt. It was like pouring salt in my wounds. "I know you don't want to be with me, okay Lance? You don't have to rub it in my freaking face!"

The whole class turned at my outbreak. Great. Now everyone would know how desperate I was.

"Turn around! This doesn't concern anyone in this room!"

With chuckles and whispers, mostly everyone's eyes averted elsewhere. Even Lance turned back to Mr. Boring and wouldn't look at me. I wallowed in self pity for the rest of class.

When lunch came around, I was tempted to just ditch school period and head back home. But I couldn't. I had to attempt to face this. As soon as I stepped into the cafeteria, all eyes were on me. Almost immediately after that, the whispers started. Turning my back to the crowd, I jumped in the lunch lline to grab a salad and a yogurt. Even the lunch lady looked at me funny. If the food wasn't already packaged, I'd say she spit in my food too. Did everyone hate me?

Coming out of the line, I realized that I had no where to sit. I peeked over at Liam's table to find them all staring and laughing at me, Liam excluded, of course. He just glared very hatefully at me, which was almost worse. I did a quick scan around the room and found Kace sitting with a small group of Sophomores; two girls and one guy. Inhaling a deep breath, I made my way over to his table.

"Kace."

The two girls he was sitting with saw me approach and announced my arrival before I could say anything. Slowly he turned around.

"What do you want, Mackenzie?"

I swear I could feel everyone's eyes on my back. "I-I..I want" Take a deep breath, Kenzie. "I want to apologize, Kace." He folded his arms and stared at me as if to say "go on." "I found out about them because Riley was having a mini spaz attack. When I checked on him, he told me and made me promise not to say anything. Now I'm not going to say that's a legitimate excuse to not tell you, because it's not. I am however, going to explain myself. I just wanted to fit in with Liam's friends. Destroying a friendship within you guys would've definitely made him dump me. I know it sounds funny coming out now, but it's true. I know that I should've told you, I know. And I am so sorry that I didn't. I did most of it for my own selfish reasons, but partly because I didn't want to see you get hurt either. How was I supposed to tell you that and feel okay about myself afterwards?" I wiped a stray tear away and paused to compose myself. "Kace, you're one of my best friends. You can't just forget that. I-I really need you right now so please, please stop being mad at me."

Kace stared at me long and hard before replying. "Kenize, I-"

"OW!" I took a tumble to the floor after someone shoved me from behind. I swear there was a collective gasp around the cafeteria. "What the-"

"Shut your pathetic mouth up, bitch."

Macey was sneering down at me. "Mace, I'm really sor-"

She interrupted me before I could truly apologize. "Apology not nor will it ever be accepted, slut!" Well ain't that the pot calling the kettle black.

"Macey, I swear I didn't mean for any of this to ever happen," I begged. "Please believe me."

"Hey Sadie, would you like to do the honors?"

"My pleasure."

Spaghetti found its way all over me. In my hair, on my clouthes, and just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, a carton of chocolate milk was slowly drizzled onto my head. There were lots of loud laughs and a couple people asked me if I was okay, but I couldn't respond. My only reaction was to run away with my tail behind my legs. So that's what I did. I took off running until I got to my car and then I sped home.

My mom must've been out shopping which was lucky for me. I didn't need to have to explain myself to her. Hurriedly, I hopped into the shower to rid myself of today's lunch.

I can't believe they did that to me. Harsh words I expected, but dumping food on me in front of everyone? That was just downright cruel. Kace didn't even have a chance to respond to me. If he was going to forgive me, I bet he's not now.

By the time I got through analyzing my life choices, the water had run cold. Wrapping myself in a towel, I exited the bathroom to head for my room. What I was not counting on though, was walking right into someone's chest. The pure shock of someone being in my house almost made me drop my towel. Luckily, the chest spoke before I could truly freak out.

"Mackenzie?"

I blew out a breath. How had I forgotten that Miguel might be home? "Uh, yeah. Sorry." I turned to scurry to my room, but his hand caught my arm.

"Why are you home so early? What's wrong?"

I used my free arm to pull my towel tighter around my body. Just because I was giving him a chance didn't mean that I was comfortable being half naked around him. "I er..just had some trouble at school. I'm fine though. I'm just going to go change." I expected him to release my arm afterwards but he wouldn't. "Where's my mom?" He was starting to make me nervous.

"She went shopping for the baby about twenty minutes ago. It could be hours before she comes back. You know her," he chuckled.

I nodded my head slowly. "Can you um, let go please? I really need to go change."

"Oh," he smiled. "Right."

Once my arm was free. I scurried back to my room and closed the door. If I had a lock on it, I would've locked it too. Miguel went from giving me the heebie jeebies to being okay to full on pedo mode just that quick.

Trying to calm myself, I grabbed a change of clothes out of my drawer and dropped my towel.

"Mackenzie."

My door flew open and there stood Miguel. Quickly, I made a grab for my towel in an effort to cover what he had already seen. "Miguel! What the hell! You have to knock before you enter!"

My angry rant was cut off when he crossed the room and rammed his lips onto mine forcefully. Immediately, I tried to shove him away, but he quickly pinned my arms to my side. In a last resort, I allowed his tongue access to my mouth before chomping down on it as hard as I could.

His mouth broke contact with mine, giving me enough space to successfully knee him in the balls. He cried out as he fell but I had no time for that. Jumping over my bed, I stumbled out of my room door and down the hallway. Just as my foot was about to touch the first step, arms enveloped me from behind, successfully trapping me. Miguel picked me up from behind, cauding my butt to rest on his stomach as he walked backwards. I started screaming, but his big sweaty hand quickly shut me up. I couldn't believe this was happening. I could not believe this was happening!

"Mackenzie," he grunted into my ear. "You have no idea how long I've waited for this moment." His little confession sounded so much like Lance's on the day that I lost my virginity. I think that made me cry more. "I just need this once, Kenzie. I need you so much," he groaned before we made it into my room. He tossed me onto my bed while he simultaneously kicked my bedroom door shut.

I rushed to fully cover myself with the towel again. "Miguel. Miguel please don't. I'm begging you p-please don't d-do this!" I was losing it. Tears rolled down my face and my breathing turned into pants. I couldn't have looked too flattering.

He started stripping out of his clothes. "I have to Mackenzie."

Author's Note: So um..there it is. I guess Miguel really was a pedo pig. I don't have many words for this chapter because I've been planning that last part for months. Sorry guys. Feel free to scream at me and Miguel and cry in the comment box.

I'll be working on THE FINAL chapter forreal this time and it might not be up before tomorrow. Actually, it probably won't be up by tomorrow. My goal has been destroyed but at least I got this up.

Vote. Comment. Follow.

~Bri

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 370 36
"What's your problem?" He asks darkly. "What's your problem?" I spit back. "Why do you keep following me?" He hisses. "I don't follow you!" I shout...
14.9K 438 77
"Who are you exactly?!" I growled angrily. She tried to free herself from my grasp, but I pinned her to the wall. She glared at me angrily as she kep...
6.7K 371 20
"Hey! She already said she was sorry. What more do you want?!" I screamed loudly in his face. His face turned from angry to shocked. No one had ever...
1.3M 32.7K 55
"Go, I don't want to make you hate me for what I did." he says softly as a tear of drop dipped from his eyes. "What are you talking about?" I approac...