For Eternity #Book 2

By Ann-jey

"I want you. I want us. I want it all. With you. For Eternity." Davina Claire was a beautiful and carefree w... More

Intro
1. Pilot
2. The Girl In The Shadows
3. It's Been A While
4. It Sounds Like A Long Time
5. Remember The Words
6. Home
7. Love Bites
8. The Note
9. Talk On The Top
10. Hunting Down The Enemy
11. Just A Small Message
12. A Special Death For A Special Person
13. 30 Minutes Alive
14. Killer Mode Activated
15. Surgery Play-Time
17. The Attic
18. Lust
19. A Battle Between Sirelines
20. Nicolette
22. A Deal With The Devil
23. Roommates
24. Last Waltz
25. Beyond Eyes
26. A Ball To Remember
27. I Wish You Weren't
28. A Night Out
29. The Butterfly Effect
30. Harvest Girl
31. Darling, The Eyes Never Lie
32. The Best People Are
33. The End Of A Lie
34. Fury
35. Finders Are Keepers
36. Yours Sincerely
37. Round 1: Final Memento
38. Round 2: The Waiting Game
39. Final Round: Davina Claire
Epilogue
Author's Note

21. A Jar Of Hearts

1.5K 31 8
By Ann-jey

Kol's POV:

"Long time no see love." I smirked as I stood up and turned around in order to see her.

She hadn't changed a bit. A chuckle on her face suddenly appeared when our eyes met as she tilted slightly her head to the side. Her arms were crossed in front of her chest stubbornly, something she always did when she was amused. I guess she kept that habit even after all those years.

"Oh Kol, Kol, Kol..." she sighed approaching me, "Were you feeling nostalgic about me? Because I did. A lot."

Her eyes were sparkling as she waited patiently for my reply. She was trying desperately to read my face, to notice any emotion that appeared on it, but unfortunately for her, I didn't budge. I mimicked her and tilted my head too with a cocky smirk, narrowing my eyes.

"I was about to say that immortality looks good on you but, I preferred to skip the part where we talk about what happened in our lives the last 10 centuries, don't you think?" I retorted and clearly she wasn't amused by my answer as her chuckle disappeared instantly.

"You're right. But don't tell me that you haven't missed me." she said, halting right in front of me.

We were inches apart, her eyes glowing brightly as she studied again my face, placing her palm on my left cheek. A grin formed on my lips as I placed my hand on her hand, leaning forward.

And she was waiting.

She was waiting for me to kiss her as she slowly closed her eyes and was waiting.

And believe me, she was waiting for a long time.

"Well that's unfortunate."

She opened quickly her eyes, narrowing her eyebrows confused only to see me, standing at the edge of the rooftop looking at her. Her emerald eyes were furiously staring at me as she opened and closed her mouth repeatedly trying to find the right words.

"...Because right now, I have this incredible urge to kill you."

And there it was! I had finally caught her attention as she opened wide her eyes shocked only for a few seconds, because she immediately changed her look into a normal one, sighing.

"Oh well. It was good to play again with you even for a few minutes." she giggled and turned around, walking away.

I sped up in front of her, blocking her way as my eyes darkened. She smirked playfully, playing all dump like, twirling a piece of her hair around her finger.

"What? You want me to stay a little more?" she smiled innocently.

"Well let's start with the reason you are in New Orleans."

"Aw you know why. I just missed this beautiful face of yours." she replied and brought her hand close to my cheek again but I quickly grabbed her wrist, griping it.

She groaned, a frown appearing on her face. "Okay okay let go of me! Jeez.."

I freed her from my grasp as she stepped behind and shot me a glare. She rolled her eyes and exhaled, looking around.

"Now talk darling, because it would be such a pity to hurt that pretty face."

She sighed, "You know why I am here. You have probably already figured out that the sire lines are in conflict and all these stuff because of the prophecy."

"Prophecy?"

She narrowed her eyes suspiciously, lifting an eyebrow. "You don't know? Weird, because I'm pretty sure Elijah and Klaus might already know about it."

I rolled my eyes boringly not budging, "What prophecy, Nicolette?"

She seemed to be taken aback by my words as she wrinkled her eyebrows, tilting her head. "Nicolette? Not 'darling' or 'love'? Either way, I love the way you say my name." she giggled again like a child tapping her finger on my chest.

I slapped her hand away as she jerked back, frowning. "Ouch Kol, you have become so distant and cold towards me. Why?"

"I guess I didn't make clear myself."

I had grabbed her arm violently and twisted it before she could even react, her eyes showing the pain she felt that moment. Despite her efforts to hold back her groans, she growled and glared at me as her green eyes darkened, the black veins appearing under them.

She tried to grab me with her free arm but I dodged pretty fast. Then I tossed her on the ground with all my might as she hit the back of her head on the concrete floor. I waited for her to pass out, but apparently she had more will to keep her consciousness than I thought. She crawled away from me, like if she did that she would actually be safe.

"I'll give you one more chance to talk, love. Or else, I'm going to decorate my room with your head."

She smiled as she fixed carefully her curls, standing on her feet. Nicolette seriously hadn't changed a bit. Not only her appearance remained the same, but her personality too. She was trying to piss me off with every which way back then and when I was on the edge, she always turned into an innocent, sweet girl that smiled like an angel.

"Pf, you are no fun today. But if you want to know really about the prophecy, so be it." she breathed out heavily, "Your family is in danger. You are all going to fall. One by friend, one by foe and one by family. You are in danger, Kol. Your siblings might---"

"Shut your bloody mouth. You don't know nothing about me and them. Why should I care about a word you're saying? If, of course, you are telling the truth."

"I thought you were smarter than this." she snapped back, sighing. "I don't have a reason to lie here, not about this, since you know that if you die I die. Ever since this prophecy started, the sire lines are scared if their creator dies. So now, every vampire you and your siblings first turned came in New Orleans in order to protect their sire."

I bursted into laughter, my eyes narrowing. She wasn't expecting a reaction like this, but oh well. It was a pretty good joke.

"Protect? Protect the Mikealsons? Oh darling, you made my day."

"I'm serious about this Kol. I won't let anyone try to kill my sire, because I simply don't want to die. And I don't want you to die too of course." she smiled bitterly.

I smirked as I stepped backwards. "Of course you don't." I scoffed.

Abruptly she placed her hands on my cheeks, standing on her tiptoes. The few distance that was keeping us away from each other was banished, as she literally hanged on me.

"Believe it or not, I loved you Kol. I really, really cared for you back then. And I still do. I wasn't faking anything like you might believe I did. But you..." she suddenly trailed off, her eyes darkening. "You have changed."

She pulled away, a distant and suspicious expression forming on her face. While the brunette girl was gazing at me, she observed my reaction and moves, like she was trying to find a missing puzzle piece. Having been studying my face for the last few minutes, she eventually seemed like she ended up into some conclusion when suddenly her eyes widened but then again, she narrowed them.

"There is someone else, no? That's why you reject me. I'm impressed though, I never expected you to be such a loyal puppy to someone."

I scoffed, approaching her, "At least she is not some kind of trash, like you are."

"Ouchie again. You really hurt me with your words tonight Kol." she giggled hysterically, "So who is she? A pathetic human? No no you despise humans..hmm.. a young hot vampire? Or a cute little witch since I know how much you adore them. I was once a witch too, remember?"

Oh did I forget to mention Nicolette was once a witch? Well, honestly she wasn't interested in witchcraft and her powers since the only thing that had caught her attention was to have an immortal life. She actually hated it that she was a witch, she used to say that they are the most useless beings in the world.

Indeed, she was pretty much useless.

"I might actually find her and pay her a visit. You know, and, chat with her." she giggled again as she walked backwards.

"If you dare to search for her you are already dead, love."

"Oh-ho, she must be really precious. I keep wondering how did she catch you attention though. This will be interesting."

That was the last thing she said, when she vanished, leaving me alone on the rooftop. A deep sigh escaped my lips as I stared at the view, sinking in my thoughts.

I have to get rid of her.

Davina's POV:

I wrapped the towel around my soaked body as I walked out of the bathroom and entered Kol's room, since most of my clothes were in his.

Apparently that day turned out to be one of the most peaceful and quite days during my New Orleans life, since:

a) No death occured.

b) No bloodbath.

c) Not so much drama as the usual.

"Davina Claire. You are a sight of bleary and battered eyes."

I gasped and turned quickly around only to see Kol lying on his bed casually, resting his head on his palm and his eyes locked on me. Needless to say how cockily he was smirking.

"Why so surprised to see me in my room darling?" he asked with his eyes narrowed as I breathed out heavily in relief.

"I thought you were someone else."

My answer didn't seem to amuse him, as a matter of fact he gave me a suspicious look with his brown eyes turning darker.

"Like who?"

"I didn't know you could be that jealous, Kol Mikealson." I grinned as I approached him, "And to answer to your question I didn't mean anyone specifically."

Kol chuckled again, shrugging his shoulders. "I knew that love, I was just testing you. Besides, I can't imagine someone being more charming than a Mikealson."

I shrugged, "I can. A Salvatore."

Kol furrowed his eyebrows and rolled his eyes boringly. "I'm sorry, but I meant a thousand years old vampire. And stronger. And faster. And with an awesome accent."

I sat on the edge of the bed next to Kol, cupping his cheek with a playful grin, "You are the only thousand years old vampire I give a damn about."

Apparently he approved my compliment and sat up as he placed his hands on the sides of my neck, leaning towards me for a brief kiss. Our lips met for a few seconds and then broke apart as Kol smiled amusingly.

"What?" I asked giggling.

"This towel. Annoys me." he frowned and I smiled as I stood up, opening the dresser to find clothes.

"Unfortunately it will stay there, because I want to ask you something."

"Spill it love."

"I want to know a few things about the first vampire you turned."

Kol stared at me blankly for a while as he ran his fingers through his hair, exhaling. "Her name is Nicolette De Roussert."

I crossed my arms and leaned backwards, resting my back on the wall. I waited for him to finish, while I was gazing at him with all my attention.

"I met her while our father was chasing us around Europe, when we were still new into the vampire life. I found her difference... unique. Anyways, after a while I thought I could trust her so I decided to change her. But I was wrong. She was just using me because she wanted immortality and when she was done with me, she left. So pretty much she is one of the people I regret turning her ever since."

"So -she- is the person Aya said... Have you seen her?" I asked and I saw him hesitanting for a brief moment.

"I talked to her a few hours ago."

"So? Did she tell you anything?"

"She said something about a prophecy. That the Mikealson will all fall. One by friend, one by foe and one by family. I don't know if I should believe her craziness, but we will find out soon."

I approached the bed and lied next to him, as Kol stroked my hair. I curled into his arms, inhaling his soothing scent. I missed these hugs, I mentally smiled but I didn't manage to hide the grin on my face, since Kol noticed it instantly.

"At least we won't get bored with all these crazy stuff happening around us." I said and he chuckled.

"You bet, darling."

And after a few more cuddles and minutes, we both fell asleep.

~ • ~

I woke up in the dead of the night when suddenly I suffocated. I started gasping for air and unwrapped carefully Kol's arm from my waist, heading to the balcony.

It felt like something was strangling me, but at the same time a cold sensation rushed through my body. I gasped more and more as I got outside, breathless. But, despite the fact I was inhaling the fresh air, it felt like it never reached to my lungs.

And then, I saw a girl standing in front of me. A girl I knew very well.

"M-Monique?! H-How, I thought you died!"

The girl just smiled at me in her white dress, as she looked down, specifically at the knife she was gripping in her right hand.

"Do you believe in the Harvest?"

I flinched. I blinked my eyes in shock as I continued staring at her, my body stiffened. How could I possibly see her? I killed her!

"I do." she said after a few minutes and cut through her own neck.

I gasped and stepped back, not knowing how to react. Monique collapsed on the ground, a pool of blood surrounding her lifeless body. The knife fell right in front of my feet, a dark shade of her blood covering it's brink. I had covered my mouth, trying to prevent myself from hyperventilating.

I looked back inside, my eyes gazing at the sleeping Mikealson. He hadn't heard a thing? But as I turned to look at her body again, I furrowed my eyebrows confused.

She wasn't there anymore. Neither her nor the knife.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.3K 1.2K 31
"When you think you have forever with someone, you feel like the happiest person in the world. The truth is, no one lives forever, immortal or not...
225K 3.4K 37
Cassiana Gilbert. She's different, according to the original hybrid. She has something in her that sparks and ignites. It draws him in like a light d...
9.7K 316 31
Sequel to The Mikaelson's witch. Davina and Kol reunited after four years at the New Orleans reunion party to celebrate The Vampire, Werewolves, and...