I'm Here For You

By obrienkaties

In which awkward and dorky Stiles Stilinski and perfect queen bee Lydia Martin take the chance to strengthen... More

note from the author !
1.They're Pretty Good Together
2.Wildest Dreams
3.I Found
4.All Of Me
5.Can You Hold Me?
6.Safe And Sound
7.Star Wars
8.Being Adorable
9.Best Stilinski Cook
10.Shipping All The Way
11.Wanting It
12.Back Again
13.The Note
15.Do You Love Me?
16.Messages
17.Feelings Change
18.Not For Them
19.Couple Building
20.It Really Is Him
21.Another Girl
22.The Locket
23.Best Friend Rides
24.Another Plan In The Plan
25.Secret Love
26.Spilling Secrets
27.Real Broken Heart
28.A Mistake
29.Back Together
30.Is It Possible?
31.Prank Wars
32.Movies and Cuddles
33.Couple Name
34.The Makeover
35.He Showed Everyone
36.Long Time No See Dream
37.That Special Treat
38.You Don't Have To Rush
39.The Dance
40.You Never Left
Epilogue
Author's Note

14.Emotional Tether

142 6 3
By obrienkaties

A/N: Hey guys! Please watch the video above. You remember last week's episode? Oh my God, STYDIA!!!! So this video is all about that episode. I love it so much especially when that scene was when they were about to kiss, the one when Lydia screamed and Stiles covered her and when Lydia said Stiles saves her life and Stiles smiles to himself, Scott looks at him like he knows that he still loves her and Natalie's face when Lydia said that. Right in your freaking face mama Martin! Lydia proved you that his a nice and smart guy. I pretty much laughed at her. Okay back to the story...
*****************************
LYDIA'S POV:

"Stiles, you okay? It looks like you want to go get for help?" I say as I look at him. Scott, Allison and Isaac are upstairs, trying to show Malia how to take control. Little thing I know that Malia is trying to flirt with this dork right here. Stiles looked at me, speechless. I furrowed my eyebrows and kept staring at him, "What?" He continued to stare at me and I huffed. "Stiles, if you're going to say something, do it right now because if you don't, I'll probably flip your ass out!" I tell him and he looks away. I felt kinda guilty and I try to keep him comfortable. "I'm sorry, that came out harsh than I thought it will be. You don't have to say it right now, you can tell me later..." I say and he gives me a small nod.

We sat there, an awkward silence still resuming between us. I heard Stiles breathing hard and I furrowed my brows, confused of his breathing. "Stiles, are you sure you're oka--" before I could finish, Scott and Isaac came down and Stiles and I stood up, "How did it went? Is she all good 'cause I just want to go home." I say and Scott nods,"Yep, she has improved a little but still needs a lot to learn. By the way, if you want to go home, the door is that way and I can't make you stay, so..." Scott looks at me.

"No, no. I'm not leaving, just an exaggeration..." I say. Allison comes downstairs with Malia behind her, "Hey guys. Here's your girl back. Remember Malia, come back tomorrow after school and we'll practice more. You applied to go to Beacon Hills High School already?" Allison asks and Malia nods, "Yeah, I need to learn more. Thanks for everything, you guys." Malia turns towards us and stands there before heading to the door. I walk behind her and close the door, "Malia, you okay?" I ask and she turns around to face me, "I'm sorry about earlier. Didn't mean it, you were so nice to me and...I don't know...It just came ou--I'm sorry." she says with a smile. I opened my mouth to also apologize to her but Stiles burst out the door, "Clearly, I need to talk to Lydia " he says and Malia just gives him a nod before walking away, "Wait, you can stay near my car. I'll give you a ride home." I say before I stop myself.

"Thanks," Malia says and walks towards my car. I turn to Stiles which he looked concerned, "Lyds, um that note was not mine...it actually is Isaac's. He likes you." I open my mouth in surprise and he nods like he already knew what my expression would be when I hear those words.

Wait, that doesn't make any sense. Same old Stilinski, coming up the with not possible things to see how do I feel. Ha ha, I'm not falling for it. I burst out laughing and Stiles looks at me like he needs to call for help,"Clever, Stiles, clever..." I say and walk away before he says something else. I unlock my car and enter in the driver's while Malia enters in the passenger's. We close our doors at the same time. If Stiles was joking then why would he be outside still. What if he wasnt? Oh my fucking God, if he wasn't then I'll literally die from what I just did. Stiles watched me get out of the driveway in the corner of my eye. I just can't bear to look at him in the eyes, surely if his were the prettiest hazel ones.

Malia inhales deeply. Malia. Wow, forgot that I was taking her home. The ride was pretty silent but I just want to think of something to say so this wouldn't continue to get more awkward. "So Malia, when did you arrive to Beacon Hills?" I ask and she exhales,"Well, I um...actually, I'm not sure. I was in the woods and suddenly I got a home, clothes, food and money. But I think I arrive two days ago. I just can't remember because my mind is a little fuzzy so. I think this will turn out great, I mean I'll learn now to be were-coyote and stuff." I nod as to agree. "How about you, Lydia? When you came to Beacon Hills?" She says sarcastically and I roll my eyes, "Haha, born and raised." I reply and we laugh.

Man, how can we get to be nice to each other, getting to a fight, then apologizing and now bonding. Weird relationship but that's how life works with different turns around and ending up with unexpecting findings. "Stiles, isn't he a cutie? I mean he's hot and all but he has a great heart full of love, kindness and honesty." Malia says and my smiles fades,"Don't forget about sarcasm. He's super sarcastic when you get to know him more." I say and she giggles.

"Lydia, can I ask you a question?" Malia asks and I shrug, "You already asked so there's no point in asking..." Malia laughs. "Okay, well I want to say why we were having that fight about him? I mean what's going on between the two of us, me and you actually." I shrug. "What point do I have with him. Obviously, he liked you since the third grade if that's true. I just met him. He's a Lydia expert like he was a book of your life. I'm not close to him in any way. What's the point, do we both like him or something?" Okay that literally made me choked. Did she just said that we both liked him? As also me and her? What is happening?

"Whoa Lydia, you okay? Didn't mean to say that out loud, I'm so sorry!" she exclaims as she pats my back gently. I stopped coughing and pulled over randomly, "Its okay Malia. And for sure, ask him out if you want. Just wait a while to get to know him and stuff and we'll see if you still want to date him. You like him obviously." I say and she looks at me blankly, "Are you sure? It seems to me that you also like him..." I raised my hand to stop her from saying more, "It may look but I just don't know what I feel. It's different than before but I want to take my time to know about this." Malia stares at me and looks down, "Okay, I'll do it. But just so you know, if it all ends up happening as if you love him, that'll be fine with me. You deserve him since his crush on you..." I smile and give her a big thanks.

The rest of the ride was getting to know each other. I simply knew a lot more from her and she kept spilling stories from her past. It seems to me that she trust me as a best friend since we had our conversation about Stiles and spit out our feelings. When I got her home, we swapped numbers and give out a simple goodbye.

Maybe she's not that bad...
******************************
STILES POV:

Okay, clearly my plan to tell her did not went well. When I told Lydia about Isaac, she suprised me with a burst of laughter. Lydia is a huge love expert but I had never seen that coming. Maybe she's right. Isaac may not like her, it may be someone else's, am I right?

After the big crush fiasco, I went inside once again. Scott turned to me and he raised his eyebrows, "Where's Lydia? What happened out there?" I slouched down the couch and took a breath, "She gave a ride home to Malia so there's no need to talk about her now." I say while I look up at the ceiling. Allison walks towards me and slowly sits down, "You asked her out and she dumped you?" Allison asks and we all turn to her with confused looks, "What? It may be possible. I'm a girl, I know what I'm saying." Isaac huffs and sits down next to my other side, "Don't listen to her. If that did happened then someone els--" Isaac stopped shortly and he faked a cough while earning a look from Scott. Okay, seriously I was so right. Isaac Lahey likes Lydia. "Okay? But I didn't asked her, just told her something. I will plan to ask her out though." I say and Isaac's expression tightens while Allison claps playfully, "Nice decision Stiles" She says and plants a big kiss on my cheek.

So this might work. I will make Isaac crack open and reveal it right into my face. Allison's phone buzzed and she smiles big, "It's Lydia! I'll tell her about the asking." she says and heads outside. Dammit. Are you kidding me? She'll probably say no to me, like seriously I wasn't really planning to ask her if you know what I mean. We all sat in silence while we were waiting for Allison the Love Angel to finish her chat with Lydia. Isaac whistles and Scott is eating ice cream, while I'm here sitting like a dumbass waiting to hear news from a popular girl rejecting me.

Allison comes in a few seconds later and has a huge grin plastered on her face. "Stiles, get ready because you're going on your second date with Lydia! She said yes!" I stand up and smile slowly. I glanced at Scott who is also smiling at me. Allison hugs me and I stand there frozen. "Stiles, go!" I look at her curiously "What?"

"It's today! Pick her up at her house and take her somewhere. By the way, I'm having a party so bring her after." she says as she shoves me out the door. I went out the door and got to my Jeep fast and headed home to change into nice clothes for the date.

When I headed home, I ran as fast as I could up to my room. My dad isn't home yet as being the towns sheriff. I picked out a white dressed shirt and a black blazer and stuck with black jeans. I decided to leave my hair just right- a little messy in the front- and headed out the door. I went to grab a few roses in a flower shop on my way to Lydia's house.

I pulled in front of Lydia's house and hesitate before getting out, "Hope this date works," I muttered to myself while heading to the door. I knock and heard footsteps coming over to the door. Lydia then appears with a mini red strapless dress, a hint of lip gloss and her strawberry-blonde hair curled. She smiles and I hand her over the roses, "Ready for our date?" Lydia accepts the roses and nods with a smile. We jumped into the Jeep and I drove over to Denny's the ride silent. Lydia cleared her throat, "Stiles where are we heading to and why you asked me on a date?" I looked over at her and she had a concerned face.

I tap my hand on the wheel, "First, we're going to Denny's. Second, I kinda did the date asking for a reason that will get you to get the shit out of you, so I'm not getting into that, Allison did the asking for me." I spill everything to her, well not everything, and she just gives me a slow nod.

We were at Denny's and it seems the place wasn't so silent, there were a few voices. At least because the sun is going down and becoming night. We reserved our seats and the waitress lead us to it. She gave us our menus and head to the kitchen. We sat there in silence, our eyes only focusing on our menus. Lydia let out a sigh and she closes her menu. I glanced at her who was watching me and I do the same.

"Stiles, let's talk. We haven't done this since you know" she says as she puts a piece of her behind her ear and bites her lip nervously. "Okay listen, Allison is having a party tonight and she said if you want to come after the date..." Lydia nodded,"Okay, I'll come. But if it makes you happy."

==♡==

We were finally done with our dinner and I paid. We headed over to Allison's party. Lydia decided to call Malia and invite her also but Malia denied, saying that she had family problems now that she had found them. I parked in front of Allison's house and we headed towards the entrance. A lot of people were there, some dancing. Some are making out, eating, talking, drinking and even playing stupid party games.

"You want a drink?" I ask Lydia and she nods. I turned around to get two beers when Allison camed over to greet us,"Glad you can make it...uh...how was the date?" We look at Allison suspiciously. "It was fine, Ally. I mean Stiles was there so..." she said with a blush forming in her cheeks. Allison smiled at us and slapped my shoulder playfully, "Clearly, Lydia wants to go out with you again"

"Clearly, you're super drunk. Now let's get you out of here!" Lydia takes Allison by the elbow and leads her upstairs. I stand there for a moment and went for a beer in the kitchen. I spot Scott getting 3 beers and I go over to him, "Oh you made it! How was the date, it must've been great since you have that outfit on." he said impressed. "It was awesome and have you noticed how Allison is drunk? Lydia even had to take her up to her room!" Scott widens his eyes, "What?! That's not Allison!"

"For your information Scotty, she's super different when she's in parties, so..." Scott looks at me like he isn't dumb and he doesn't need me to tell him. Kira then comes towards us with her face full of pride.

"You guys want to play a game? We need a few more people, oh and Scott? Your girlfriend is super drunk so you want to talk her out of it." Kira tells Scott and he frowns,"Talk her out of what?" Kira's face darkens and she plays with her bracelet."She's super drunk and there's even worse news..." her face gets a little frustrated. "Yeah, we already know that she's super drunk but what's worse than that?" I ask her.

"She's hosting the game, herself."
******************************
A/N: Just so you know, the next chapter will be really interesting. Allison hosting the party, huh. You guys might say 'so what?' But by herself. She might do something stupid that may lead Stiles and Lydia into a conflict. Now you see what I mean...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

957K 18.8K 28
'You Must Realize, Danger Is Very Real, But Fear... Fear Is A Choice' * Ariana Pierce just moved from London to Beacon Hills. Yes, she may be a bad a...
64.4K 1.5K 21
During the heat of the argument, Lydia accidentally said something to Stiles. Which makes him doubt their relationship. What will happen to Stydia wh...
970 9 15
Mayhem (adj.) violent or damaging disorder; chaos. Vampires, sacrifices, and alphas. Nothing can ever be normal in Beacon Hills can it? ☞︎ stiles sti...
9.9K 153 49
Scott McCall, Malia Hale and Stiles Stilinski are best friends, described as inseparable by their classmates. Malia and Stiles are the perfect couple...