Why us? (Pokemon fanfic)

Av shinymewgirl

Everyday for as long as she can remember Emma has forced herself to face everything alone. She wants to belie... Mer

Prologue
1- A way back home
2- Stalling
3- Home sweet home
4- This should be good
5- Promise me
6- Good luck with that
7- Getting ready
8- Descoveries
9- Find a weak point
10- Nightmares become real
11- Break down
12- A new companion
13- I will stand my ground
14- such a joyful pain
15- unbalanced battle
16- when will it stop?
17- how much worse could things get?
18- a bad guy?
19- desperate reach for freedom
20- experimentation
21- not a second time
22- The Guardian Angel
23- rainy night camping
24- together at last
25- Fighting back
26- Not a peep
27- Nightmares come true
28- Be proud of me
29- Burning hatred
30- The key to Purity
31- Stalkers, stalkers everywhere
32- The balance of three
34- Family reunion
35- Extended family tree
36- The Legendary Plan
37- One down, two to go
38- An electrifying match up
39- Battle bonds
40- Battle with angels
41- Does anyone understand Shadow anymore?
42- It begins
43- Twisted memories
44- A new Dark Room
45- Whispers in the dark
46- A day off
47- Sweet dreams
48- Bad turns
49- The Testing Continues
50- Old habits
51- The testing ends
52- It will be okay
53- Escape
54- Almost home
55- Conciquences
56- Too much damage done
57- The Ultimate Wepon
58- Trust in me
59- Closing the rift
60- Comatose
Epilogue
Final thoughts on the 'Why?' series

33- A series of unfortunate events

552 54 26
Av shinymewgirl

"So, what is the plan?" Night perked, looking over to me with her ember flecked eyes.

With a heavy sigh, I leant back against the tree I was prepared to sleep in. "When we get to Cyllage City, I'll retrieve Wind Dacer or anyone who can fly so they can fly me to Lumious City then hopefully Clemont will be able to track Silver or Red through their X-transceivers or some shit. I'm not sure if it'll work but it's worth a shot."

Night nodded, resting her head on her paws. "Well as long as you don't do anything anything stupid, I'm good." She muttered, closing her eyes.

I rolled my eyes. "Since when do I do anything stupid?"

"Do you want that list in alphabetical or chronological order because either way it will take all night... Hehe, night." She chuckled at the mention of her name.

"So... What's your deal?"

"What do you mean by that?"

"Like, you being my Guardian Angel. What kind of stuff can you do?"

Night shrugged. "Nothing new really. I picked up pretty much where I left off with level, moves and ability. I do however have heightened senses, and a psychic power that mentally connects my mind with yours. Meaning, I can hear and see though your eyes and ears, see though your memories and show them to you at will, showing you things that may help you in certain situations."

"Is that all?"

She shook her head. "I am also permitted to, unlike before, kill a human if a situation came down to your life or theirs.  Of course, killing another human in any situation would be unfavourable but as your Guardian Angel, I have to do what I must to protect you. As you know, we can also speak telepathically to each other."

I nodded, going through my pockets in pursuit something to eat but finding nothing but some loose change, medical supplies for Pokémon, a few empty Pokéballs, a book on Kalos legends (something I always carry for each region) and an inflatable pillow I never use. With a sigh, I returned everything to my pockets, in the distance I could see the lights of the city, I could make it there by tomorrow afternoon if I traveled unhindered and retrieve a few Pokémon to use until I make it back to my others.

I crossed my arms across my chest, closing my eyes and muttering good night to Night before allowing myself to drift off into sleep.

~*🌸*~

I arrived in Cyllage City much earlier then I thought I would. My first goal was to find a Pokémon Centre, which didn't take long since this was a relatively small City. Many bike riders littered the streets, greeting each other as they passed each other and had seemingly replaced cars along the road but then, the town wasn't that big anyway.

The Pokémon Centre took mere minutes to find and after a failed attempt to get Night healed since I didn't have my Trainer ID on me I found the phone booths and used some of the change I'd found in my pockets to make a call. I dialled the number but frowned when a notice popped up onto the screen.

Please scan trainer ID to make the following call

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I growled under my breath, hitting the cancel button and taking back my money.

I exited the booth, fuming at the fact I didn't have my ID on me. I didn't even have my purse. The spare change I had wouldn't pay for a room either so I was stuck outside again. With a sigh, I made my way out of the Pokémon Centre and into the Pokémart down the road. The pitiful amount of change I had bought nothing more then a few packets of two minute noodles and a tiny, cheep backpack that came with a small free water bottle. This would pass me a few days at the least but I'd have to battle some trainers if I wanted to get anything more.

I stuffed my purchase into the bag, as well as my empty Pokéballs. I swear I'm the queen of making dumb decisions. Why would I leave myself vulnerable like that, especially when I know I'm being hunted.

With a sign of defeat, I collapsed onto a park bench, burying my head in my hands.

"Incoming~!" Night chirped.

Looking up I could sight of a painfully familiar green haired teen coming my way.

"Will you ever stop stalking me?" I hissed at my own personal stalker.

N shrugged. "I was just getting supplies, having you stay kinda drained me of anything. I swear this is by complete coincidence. Now more to the topic, what are you doing out here? A pretty young lady such as yourself shouldn't be out alone this late."

"Well thanks to you, no one can do anything without their Trainer ID anymore which is with my brother right now so I'm back to living outdoors, lucky me. Not that I have the money for a room anyway."

The older trainer raised an eyebrow. "Well, I was about to get my own room at the Pokémon Centre, if you like I could get you your own."

I thought about this for a brief moment before I smothered my pride and accepted since sleeping in a tree really didn't appeal to me at this moment. "Fiiiiiiiine, but this doesn't mean I like you."

"I wouldn't expect anything less for you Emma.

~*🌸*~

Sleeping in an actual bed on my own was something I'd felt like I hadn't done in a long time, which realistically, I hadn't. Between getting kidnapped by my biological father and having to stay with N until my back healed, it had been a while since I could relax and actually sleep peacefully for once.

N was unfortunately next door to myself but with a think layer of brick between us, I felt safe enough to rest. The two bedroom also shared a bathroom but I could lock it from my side to keep him out if I wanted to, and I did but not before N, being persistent as ever, basically conned me into letting him buy me dinner which was a pain to me because I was ready to sleep but eventually I gave in and let him pay for a meal and since he was being a pain to me, I was one back and ordered the most expensive meal on the menu and practically glared at him the whole time which to my distain, amused him even more.

Incase you haven't guessed, I still don't like N and I continue not to like him until I feel otherwise.

After the painfully long meal, which ended with me slapping him across the face for hitting on me, it had been playful but I was sick of reminding him that I was already dating and I still hate his guts. I really hope that me sticking up for him in Unova wasn't backfiring in me.

I collapsed on my bed, dumping my bag on the floor. Night, thank Arceus, was asleep where I left her because I really did not want to put up with her antics right now. Falling asleep quickly was something I was thankfully for, as well as the dreamless sleep that followed.

~*🌸*~

The sun was up before I was for once. I spent to morning refreshing myself, brushing my hair completely free of any tangles or knots after a long, hot shower which took an hour alone but I felt it was worth it after I pulled it back into a tight low Ponyta-tail with the exemption of my fringe and bangs that framed my face.

Night was as perky as ever, annoying me until I agreed to brush out her fur. Eventually I did agree but not before making her swear not to bug me today.

We left the Pokémon Centre at midday, after a lunch of two-minute noodles and Tomato Berry Pokémon Food for Night. Nurse Joy told me when I returned my key that N had left early this morning so thankfully, I didn't have to deal with him today, or hopefully, ever again. Though I will admit, bitterly mind you, that he had helped me through a rough patch and for that, I am thankful.

I'd decided to spent the rest of the day earning money for the trip across the region. I was without a flying type Pokémon and wasn't willing to call upon a legendary to help. With reminds me still about the missing Legendary Heart and that I still had to either recover it or forge a new one. Just another thing to add to my ever growing list of things to do.

Route 7 wasn't very long, having very few trainers to battle. The Battle Chateau would of obviously been an ideal place to get some money but guess what else you need a trainer ID for in this region? See, this is why I still hate N.

I ran my finger through my Ponyta-tail, pulling it over my shoulder as my eyes scanned for noobs to battle. Everyone was pretty much a noob to me these days and Night wasn't exactly my weakest Pokémon. I spotted a youngster running my way, silently smirking to myself at how easy this would be.

"If you can beat me and my Litlio I'll give you 1000 Pokédollars!" The youngster shouted.

"You sure pipsqueak? That's a decent amount of money for a kid." I raised an eyebrow at the amount of money he was offering for a victory.

"Yeah, but good luck beating me!"

With a snort I agreed, taking a few steps backwards, leaving Night on the feild for battle. The kid let out his Litlio, a little cub like Pokémon that looked like it could pass as a fire type. "You go first kid."

"Ember Litlio!" The kid called hyperactivity.

Night didn't move, letting the attack bit her and instead of taking damage she smirked as her ability was activated. It was Flash Fire for those total noobs out there, meaning her own Fire type moves received a boost in power and what fire type didn't know at least one fire type move, not Night that's for sure.

"Night, use Fire Blast." I smirked. Total over kill but I was desperate.

Short story shorter, I obliterated the kids Pokémon and took the money. I did heal his Pokémon, pretending to use an empty potion instead of revealing my powers to a total stranger cause last time I did was a complete disaster.

We continued through the route in silence after waving off the kid, the money in my pocket and my spirits slightly high then they were this morning.

By nightfall, I'd defeated around 8 trainers. Most of which were on there way to or from the Battle Chateau which I was not allowed to enter, you'd think someone would recognise the Champion of 5 Arceus forsaken regions right?

I set up camp with Night, setting a packet of two minute noodles to cook in a small pot 'borrowed' from the Pokémon centre. My Ninetales snacked out once again on her Tomato Berry Pokémon Food while I waited for my own dinner to cook, leaning back against a tree watching the stars light up the sky.

"I forgot how lonely it was traveling on my own." I thought aloud.

"You really forget all of Pinwheel already?"

"No not like that, I had my Pokémon with me the whole time but now... I feel like I'm completely alone. I find it almost hard to believe I used to like the feeling."

"Gee thanks, don't I feel loved." Night rolled her eyes. "But I can't really say much, you've been in a group as long as I've known you."

I sighed, shutting my eyes. "I didn't trust anyone for years. I couldn't bring myself to get into a position where I could be hurt like that again."

"Who was the first person you trusted after that?" Night inquired curiously.

"Aside from Clair, believe it or not, but it was Silver."

"Wouldn't you have trusted him anyway, he is your brother."

"Yeah, but I hit my head when I was little, Cyrus's fault as usual, and I got long term amnesia. So basically anything beyond around six months, I couldn't remember. I didn't even know I had a brother until Clair told me back in Sinnoh."

Night nodded. "Makes sense, I guess..."

"I hope they're okay." I said, more to myself then to Night, peering down at my X-transceiver, blank and lifeless, as if it would light up any moment with Silver or Red being the caller.

"They will be, neither of them, nor your Pokémon are push overs."

With another sigh, I checked my noodles, finding them ready to be eaten. Only to realise, I had nothing to eat them out of or with. Deciding that I was not in the mood to go to bed hungry, I formed a block of ice in my hands, dropping it in my steaming noodles to cool them down. I'd have to use my hands to eat, caveman style.

"I guess not... But I still can't help but worry. I'm getting a feeling, similar to one I head in Unova before I was forced by N to unleash the dragons, something big is going to happen soon. I know it."

"Either way, you can't do anything tonight. So don't worry about it."

"I guess so." I muttered, checking my noodles after the ice had melted. They were cool enough to use my fingers but not to cold so they were yuck. "But I guess that's the problem, I am worried. Silver's that only family I have that still cares about me. I don't know what I'd do if something happened to him."

Night chuckled slightly. "Ya know, normally it's the older sibling who worries for the younger one wellbeing. Not the other way around."

"Doesn't change the fact I feel responsible for whatever happens to him." I twirled the noodles around my fingers before popping a mouthful in my mouth.

"He'll be fine, even if Team Galactic or Team Rift or Team Let's-all-take-a-shit-at-beating-a-random-ass-kid-destined-to-take-out-our-entire-organisation, they wouldn't take him without wanting to use him against you. They need him alive for that."

"And that makes me feel sooo much better why?" I asked glumly taking another mouthful of noodles, wiping the juice off my fingers and onto my pants.

Night shrugged, curling up by my side. "He's alive, we can be sure of that much."

"But then the next run in we have with any of those organisations, they'll basically get me without a fight since everyone knows I'm not willing to let them get hurt." I rubbed my aching temples with my fingertips.

"Maybe so but at least then you can all escape together."

"Who said I'd be escaping?

"Me, I'm you Guardian Angel for a reason." She smirked.

I rolled my eyes, playfully pushing her off me. "Shut up."

Night smirked back but didn't say anything as I finished off my meal, throwing away the leftover soup against a nearby tree before setting the pot aside to be washed in the morning. I curled up against Night, she wrapped my tails around me in return, watching as the fire flickered along the wood and dried leaves.

"Good night Emma." Night smirked, licking my cheek lightly.

Rolling my eyes yet again I returned her goodnight before allowing myself to slip off into a light, dreamless sleep.

~*🌸*~

The morning came almost to quickly but I waisted no time complaining, packing away the tiny camp. I skipped breakfast, knowing I needed to save my food until I got all my stuff back. After washing up last night's pot and packing it away I was done, on my way well before my goal of 7 o'clock.

Night once again tried to get me to join in a game of I-spy to which I flatly refused. Other then Night's pestering, it was rather quiet. No trainers out at this hour, with the exception of a few artists with Smeargle's at their side but they simply gave me a wave or polite smile as I passed, showing their lack of interest for a battle, which suited me fine for now.

Eventually we came to a part of the route that was completely abandoned, that path was over grown and eventually had little to no direction. Trees blocked out the light while weeds and thorn bushes covered what little path their was.

"I think we might have taken a wrong turn." I eventually muttered, looking around the abandoned route. "If this ever was a path, it hasn't been used in a while."

"Have to agree there." Night muttered, following slightly behind me I was walked back the way with had come, a bitter expression plastered on my face.

A nearby rustling caught my attention, sounding to big to be any of the Pokémon we'd see coming this way. "Emma, stop!" Night ordered, pulling me back by my jumper as a Shadow Ball crashed to the ground where I had just been standing. I landed on my butt, glaring at the Ninetales.

"Again with the pushing?" I grumbled.

"I didn't push you this time, technically, I pulled you."

Within seconds the clearing was filled with Corrupt Mega Scizor. I growled, retreating from the one closest to me as Night stood protectively in front of me. Her lips pulled back into a snarl, snapping at any that got to close as the familiar figure of Lopez stepped forward, his emotionless grey eyes holding amusement as he trapped me like a Fearow would a Ratata.

I glared at him, a ball of fire dancing on my fingertips as I prepared to defend myself. I seriously cannot have a day off can I?

Gritting my teeth, I took a step back. Night out a threatening growl, standing before me, crouched low and ready to attack at any moment.

Lopez laughed as if I had done something he found amusing. "I'm not interested in a fight. I'm certain you'll simply give yourself up."

"What makes you think that?" I snarled.

He snapped his fingers and a grunt came forward, a tiny bundle of pink rags was throw to the ground in front of me. I gasped when the shape became recognisable as the little brown haired girl I was meant to be taking to Coriway Town. The fire dissipated in my hands when I realised who it was.

"Emma!" Anne cried out, throwing herself in my arms. "There were so many and Red and Silver tried to protect me but they got caught to and and and--" She burst into sobs, burying her head into my chest as I held onto her protectively.

"Where's my friends!?" I demanded, holding onto Anne tighter.

Lopez burst out laughing. "Oh they're perfectly safe at Headquarters, don't suppose you'll be joining us for tea? I'm sure you're brother and boyfriend would love the company, not to mention those splendid Pokémon of yours." His voice full of sarcastic sweetness. "My daughter can join to." He smirked at those words, almost predicting my reaction to them.

I looked down at Anne with a sick twist in my stomach. "Anne is that...?"

She nodded, knowing what I was going to say. "That's my daddy, please don't let him hurt me again! Please."

I held her tighter, gently stroking her hair. "I won't. No one will hurt you while I'm here."

Lopez laughed again. "You're in no place to do anything, you move a finger out of line and I can get you friends and Pokémon picked off one by one."

I balled my hands into fists, holding Anne tighter. "Don't you dare touch them!"

"Who to start with? There's the baby Blitzel, Deerling or Fennikin. Oh and that splendid Absol you carry with you. A fine specimen she is, what a fine addition to my team she'll be once we figure out how to force Mega Evolution onto Absol."

I bit down sharply on my tongue, lowering myself to Anne's hight. "When I tell you, run okay?" I whispered in her ear.

"W-what?" She stammered.

I gave a small smile, glancing at a triumphant Lopez. "I need to get my friends back, but I don't want you getting hurt. So when I say so, run as fast and far as you can. Don't look back until you get somewhere safe."

Anne whimpered but nodded as I stood back up, turning to Lopez with my most hatful glare. "Fine, you can have me but if you dare hurt any of them, I will become your worst nightmare faster you can blink." I loosened my grip on Anne, placing my hand on her shoulder instead.

Before anyone could move, I fired up an Aura Sphere and blasted a gap in the wall of corrupt Pokémon. "Now Anne, run!" I ordered, shoving her towards the gap while taking off the other way. It was me they were after and of course there was no hope of escape for me but hopefully I could get Anne out of this.

Night was at my side, hackles raised as she snarled at her enemy. As expected, I was the main target as I tried to dash away, no attention was paid to Anne as she ran as fast as she could, without looking back.

I only got a couple of feet before I was surrounded once more. With a sigh of defeat, I raised my hands in surrender. In this situation, I knew I was beaten and there was no point getting myself hurt in such a circumstance and I'd need Night to be at her best if I were to escape. Unfortunately, I'd be dragged back the way I'd come but in the direction of my friends all the same.

Lopez came before me, smirking in triumph. "And what was that little outburst for, hmm?"

"I just don't like you very much. Wouldn't have guessed it would you?" I replied calmly, crossing my arms over my chest while Night remained snarling at my side.

"No, I wouldn't have know." He shot back equally as sarcastically. "Detain her and her accursed Ninetales and get them loaded." Lopez told his grunts before turning him back to me as I showed off the proud display of my middle finger.

One of the grunts grabbed my arm but I ripped it away. "I am perfectly capable of walking myself." I hissed, crossing my arm since more.

The flustered grunt looked to his boss for help but he'd already disappeared beyond the clearing. So he simply gave me a rough shove for behind, telling me to move. Making sure Night was still by my side I unwillingly complied but not before cursing each an every one of them... I wonder if I could learn to use that move.

~*~*~*~*~🌸~*~*~*~*~
Word count: 3867

Hello everybody! How is everyone today? Certainly better then Emma I assume? Anyway, I need some help. With the Watty awards this year, the books need to pass an inspection of spelling and grammar and that shit but incase you haven't noticed, I'm not the best with either... So I'm thinking about asking someone to help but I'm not sure who. If you're interested in helping me edit, PM me so I know. I don't want silent readers though cause obviously I know nothing about you but anyone else willing to help I'd gladly appreciate!

Anyway, please vote, comment and keep on reading on all my little dumplings~!

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

42.1K 1.5K 29
{Book 2 in the Vampire series} Emma is now gone but is she really gone forever? The last thing Emma remember was that she was dying, going away fore...
330 50 27
"Once upon a time there was a dragon that only knew one love, a phoenix." She laughs at me again. "The phoenix was kind, full of compassion. She coul...
3.6K 63 41
A women plagued with heartache and mystery. She never asked for this to happen to her. She never imaged her life would turn out the way it did. Howev...
44.2K 1.3K 17
A female Ash Ketchum is faced with being unable to fulfill her dreams with prejudices against her gender, and realizing that the world is a dark, ugl...