Promise Me //1D Completed [✔️]

By missnovicewriter

The Foster Care system is a home to a millions of diverse and unique young adults. Strangely, the system attr... More

Promise Me
Prologue
Are you afaird of death?
What's it like being in a family?
Friends?
Will I Ever be Pretty?
Pilot
Sleepovers
What does love look like?
Sibella
London Bound
Rain & Coffee
Pumpkin Everything
A White Halloween
:(
An Eternal Memory
My Best Friend
'Tis the Season
Kicking off in London
Bonjour!
Le Grand Palias
ASP
thirteen!
journaling
Mud Wrestling
Othello
Take Me Home
Dishonor on you!
A + Q
Date Shenanigans
Unexpected Roomates
McDonalds Breakfast
This Is Us
Two Voices
fml
Boarding Australia
Start of Somethig New
Anything But You
Sad Song
Thank You
Epilogue
Forever Your's

Lesson Learned

553 32 3
By missnovicewriter

Tegan's P.O.V
September 2013

~~~

"Dear me,

Romeo & I have been working on music together. He's got a really interesting R&B Soul type of style.

His creative inspirations are Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, Ne-Yo and Trey Songz.

He's really good at singing that type of music as well. He's incredibly talented. When he plays the piano while singing, I want to melt into puddy right at his knees.

It's strange to be agreeable with Romeo. I even sang him a bit of my songs I had written over the summer. He helped me make them better.

He even complimented me, admitting he always considered me a Taylor Swift, but he stands corrected, learning I'm a Avril Lavigne kinda girl, with a speck of Alicia Keys.

It's been nice to discover him this way while letting him discover me.

-TJS"

~~~

"No, I think that's good." I snatch the pencil from Romeo's hands before he can erase anything.

"I think "it's alright" should got for five times, seven is too many." He argues.

"Seven is just enough!" I throw my hands in the air. "Let's ask Liam. Liam!"

"What?" Liam calls back.

"Can you come here?" I

"Why couldn't you just stand up and walk to him?" Romeo points out annoyed.

Shortly after his complaint, Liam walks into Romeo's room.

"Yes?" He asked.

"Romeo and I need help with our song." I tell him.

"Let me hear it so far." Liam sat down on Romeo's bed, resting his elbows on his knees.

"I finally came
around
I'm back on
solid ground
Can't let it get
me down
it's alright
it's alright
it's alright
it's alright
it's alright," I sing, pausing.

"We need to know if five alright is enough? Tegan says there should be seven." Romeo explains.

"I've got to be honest lads, I don't think it matters much." Liam laughs.

I raise my eyebrows, hoping Liam will agree with me.

"Keep working at it!" Liam claps his hands together, stands than leaves.

It feels like minutes pass with Romeo and I sitting in silence.

"So you wanna talk about it?" He jokes, laughing.

"Shut up," I lay my head down on the piano keys to hide my grin.

~~~

"Dear me,

I'm very nervous.

Simon is pressing that Romeo and I finish an EP of original songs by the end of the year.

Last week we made a YouTube channel and uploaded two covers. The first one was 'Start of Something New' from High School Musical, then 'You're the One That I Want' from Grease.

I'll admit, it was an absolute blast to perform seriously, even if I was in Romeo's bedroom still. The positive feedback was incredible. Now, when I Google my name, something other than This is Us movie premiere shows up.

I've only got one original song I reckon is any good. Romeo has been writing alone. We've written a couple concepts down together. Tomorrow, we have a photoshoot.

I'm petrified.

-TJS"

~~~

"Dear me,

The photoshoot with Romeo was absolutely terrifying, yet somehow thrilling. We took some vintage and grunge pictures together. Our coordinator has this idea for our upcoming "image" and "style". She wants us to be a bit mysterious in our label. She explained that all our photographs will have obvious blobs covering our faces. She wants us to give off a mysterious, heartbreaking yet authentic vibe.

My favourite photograph we took was one where I'm in a shopping cart under a massive tunnel while Romeo is standing on the cart behind me. My legs are propped over the ledge and my hair covers my face a bit. Under the same tunnel, we took one standing on the ledge against the wall. Romeo was closest to the camera, his arms crossed. While I stood behind, slightly leaning forward and tilting my head.

The lads came to the photoshoot with us, so that was fun. I was a bit nervous being in front of the camera so suddenly. I could tell Romeo was nervous as well, so that comforted me.

Although I'm being a bit cautious about the whole experience, something about what Romeo and I are doing feels so right.

Maybe it's the way we call each other names and fight over the pencil or the way his eyes light up when he's got a really good line.

I've accepted the fact, I'll portably never understand Romeo or quite pinpoint my exact feelings for him.

When I'm with him and we do this together, it feels like maybe everything isn't quite so complicated and terrifying. He simplifies things.

-TJS"

~~~

"Dear me,

It's been five weeks since my last entry. I've been in a massive load of recording, writing, shooting none stop. In just five weeks, Romeo and I were able to put together six songs for an EP.

The theme of the EP is like two sides of a heartbreak. We had the help of a song writer. Basically, there's two duets and two solo songs for each of us. The songs portray both sides of the breakup.

Romeo and I have been regularly uploading to YouTube and interacting with fans through Twitter. Romeo has easily gathered in a lot of young girls.

Oh, Romeo got his braces off. He looks incredible. Romeo also turned fourteen, which was a massive deal on Twitter for him. I think he's enjoying the attention a bit, but he kinda brushes it off.

For me? Yeah, I've got a bit of an attraction as well. My hair was blonde, but since we've finished photo shooting for the EP, I dyed it dark. It's cool to try something new and I feel more myself in it. Blonde hair never felt like my style.

Obviously the lads had to go back on tour. Here's the part of this that's absolutely the most barmy. Simon wants us to join the last few legs of tour, singing some covers. We'll release our album at the end of the year and be ready to tour with the boys next year. It all seems a bit fast to me.

I'm not really complaining though. I'm nervous to perform on stage. It will be massively different than performing in front of a laptop.

-TJS"

~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 224 40
This story will tell you about a hard life of a 15 year old girl named Allison and a 13 year old boy named Craig being adopted. But what will happen...
103K 3.1K 32
Louis and Harry's sons are growing up; Zayn is twenty-two, owns his own tattoo parlour and is in a long-term relationship; Liam is seventeen, in his...
63.7K 1.4K 34
Excerpt From Chapter 8: "I swear, she's such a pain in the ass," says Harry. That's when I had it. "You know what? You boys don't understand anything...
459K 10.1K 56
They always say that your family will always love you no matter what. I think it's a lie. Sometimes life is a Lie. Everyone has been told "I hate yo...