Finding the Missing Piece: Bo...

Autorstwa cogdill

Parenthood has finally found Katniss and Peeta Mellark. In this story they are going to be learning to live l... Więcej

Prologue/Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Chapter Eighty-Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety-One
Chapter Ninety-Two
Chapter Ninety-Three
Chapter Ninety-Four
Chapter Ninety-Five
Chapter Ninety-Six
Chapter Ninety-Seven
Chapter Ninety-Eight
Chapter Ninety-Nine
Chapter One-Hundred
Chapter One Hundred-One/Sequel info.

Chapter Eighty-Four

1.8K 82 116
Autorstwa cogdill

Katniss POV- (Valentine's Day)

"I'll see you later, baby. Be good for Johanna." I tell Willow as I dropped her of at Johanna's house.

"She will be perfect, right Willow?" Johanna says.

Willow nods and hugs her legs.

I smile, "If you new anything call me. Thanks so much for watching her." I say.

Jo smiles, "No problem. We are gonna go find us some cute boys, right Willow?"

She makes a face and shakes her head, "Nuh-uh. My Daddy said I can't have a boyfriend."

"You're Daddy isn't here right now so I say you can."

"Mommy is here and I say 'no' too." I laugh.

Johanna smirks, "Off you go pregnant Katniss." She says grabbing my shoulders and turning me around.

I roll my eyes, "I'm serious, Johanna."

"And I'm kidding, Katniss. I'm gonna take her out to get all sugared up for you to take home."

I just laugh, "Bye."

"Bye." Johanna says and slams her front door shut.

I roll my eyes and laugh, going back to the car.

I have a date with Peeta in about 20 minutes. He's meeting me at some restaurant, I think it'll be the first time we've had a Valentine's Day without a kid with us in six years.

I drive to the store and go inside. I have got to find him something for Valentine's Day. I haven't been able to get away from the house lately and go buy him anything so nows my chance.

I find him a blank, red card that I will write a sappy love letter in and I find him some chocolate, I pick some up for myself because it looks really good and I haven't eaten all day. Then I find him a little puzzle in the shape of a heart.

I absolutely melt when I see it and almost break into tears-I know exactly what to do with it.

Luckily, I bought Willow's stuff a few days ago and it's hiding in the baby's room in the closet.

Afterwards, I sit in the parking lot and start writing my letter.

(Letter)

"Peeta Mellark,

You have no idea how much I love you. You treat me like a Princess, even when I don't deserve it. I know I don't thank you enough for taking care of me but I really am grateful. I know I've been a brat lately and I'm sorry, please don't ever take it to heart, hopefully this baby is super sweet because it's making me really mean. Thank you for loving me, even when I'm hard to love. Thank you for being the best husband and showing me what love really is. Thank you for being the father of our beautiful children and spoiling Willow and I know you're itching to do the same with this one. Just a few more weeks and you can go crazy. You have taught me so much about life and you've given me the picture perfect one. You are my rock and the person who holds me together even when I feel like I'm falling apart. I love you and the family we have created, forever and always.

-Katniss"

I seal the envelope and write his name on the front. Then I open the box with the puzzle inside. It's all red and there's one piece that says 'You' on the front of it. I will write the baby's name once we decide on one and add Willow's too. I tear apart the puzzle and then put it back in it's box.

I look at the time and see I have about five minutes until I'm suppose to meet Peeta so I throw everything in the back seat for later and put my seatbelt on and go.

Peeta is already there waiting inside when I get there.

I walk over to him and he looks up at me, he smiles widely and I can't help but to smile too.

He stands up runs around the table, pulling a chair for me and taking my hand as I sit down. I scoot the chair up to the table, which isn't very far because of my lovely baby bump.

The baby rarely kicks when they do, but they have no problem doing it around Peeta or anyone now. It's getting big enough that when it kicks, you can barely see it moving on the outside if you look hard enough. Peeta told me that occasionally, he will feel them kicking his side if I'm close enough.

He sits back down and smiles widely at me.

"Happy Valentine's Day, my beautiful wife." Peeta says holding his hand out to me.

I take his hand, "Happy Valentine's Day, my adorable husband."

He smiles, "How's Willow this morning?"

"Good. She and Johanna are gonna go eat a bunch of sugar is what Jo said."

Peeta chuckles, "Then she can keep her all night if she wires her up."

I laugh, "That's what I was thinking."

"How is our little baby?" He asks.

I sigh, "I think they're good."

"Two more weeks until we find out."

I smile, "I know."

He laughs, "I am so excited."

"So am I. I'm just glad that my morning sickness finally went away. But now I just have back problems."

"I'm surprised you didn't have any with Willow."

I shrug, "I was also 21. Not 28."

"True."

I sigh, "What do you have planned after this?"

He smirks, "It's kind of a secret."

I laugh and roll my eyes, "Of course it is."

"You know me."

I giggle, "Yeah, I do. You'd think I would know by now that if I ask I won't get told."

Peeta smiles, "You should."

The waiter comes and takes our order and then we wait for it to come out. Eventually it does and we dig in.

"This is really good. Is your's good?" Peeta asks me.

I try not to make a face and I nod my head.

It taste horrible and the smell is making me want to puke, I don't know what I was thinking when I ordered this.

"Are you sure?" Peeta asks me.

I nod my head and take another bite.

"Try mine." He says taking a fork full of his food and feeds it to me.

I swallow it and I will definitely say it tastes better than mine.

I look back down at my food and try to hide the disgust that I know is crossing my face.

I take another bite and pray I don't puke it up.

All of a sudden my plate of food is replaced with his and Peeta has my food. I look up and give him a look.

"I know you well enough to know you do not like that." Peeta tells me knowingly.

I exhale deeply, "You don't have to eat that. Here, eat yours." I say trying to slide his plate back to him, he stops it with his hand.

"Katniss, eat mine. I know you don't want to puke in front of all of these people. I'll eat this and it'll be fine."

"Peeta, this is your-"

"Eat." He says and starts digging into my food like nothing.

I decide it's not worth arguing with him and finish his food.

After we eat, he pas and we leave.

"I'm gonna be honest your food was horrible." Peeta mumbles to me on the way out.

I look up at him feeling guilty.

"Don't. Don't feel bad because I would not have wanted you to eat that."

I smile shyly, grateful I have a husband like him.

"How about we head back to the house and leave one of the cars there?"

I nod, "Okay." I say.

Peeta kisses the top of my head and then lifts my chin up and kisses my lips, "I love you. I will meet you at the house."

I nod, "I love you too."

With that we go.

He gets stuck in traffic and I beat him home. Luckily I have time to run inside to put his present on the couch then I go back out to my car like nothing happened. He pulls up next to me a few minutes later and I get out.

"Sorry, I got stuck in traffic."

"It's okay." I say.

He smiles and nods, "Ready to go?"

"Yeah." I say and I walk to his car and get in.

We head to downtown District Twelve. Peeta parks the car and helps me out, being extra gentleman-like today.

Hand in hand, we walk around the corner and I see the most adorable, yet cheesy thing Peeta's ever done for me and I kind of wish Willow was here to see it too.

Two black horses, a man in a suit and a matte black carriage awaiting us.

"Aw, Peeta." I say shocked.

He smiles, "It's the only thing that I figured would be safe enough for you to do."

I smile, "I love it. Thank you." I say squeezing his hand.

He chuckles, "Well, let's go." He says and I follow him over.

The man jumps from the carriage, taking my other hand and he and Peeta help me up.

"Thank you." I say to them both and sit down.

Peeta sits next to me, the man hands him a blanket and a bouquet of flowers.

"For you." Peeta says handing me the arrangement of beautiful flowers.

I feel like I'm living a fairy tale.

Peeta wraps the blanket around his shoulders and then mine and he holds onto me protectively.

"Are you ready?" The man ask Peeta and he nods.

With that, we go.

I lay my head on Peeta's shoulder and enjoy the steadiness of the ride and the steadiness in the atmosphere that Peeta brings to me.

"This is so cool." I say excitedly as we circle around town.

Peeta squeezes me a little, "I figured you would like it."

"I wish we would've brought Willow. She would've love this."

"I didn't even think about it. Maybe we can do it again sometime and bring her." Peeta says.

I nod my head, "I feel like this is something you'd see in a movie or like a really sappy fairy tale."

Peeta chuckles, "I had to make my princess feel like one."

I smile and lean up, we both pause before we press our lips together gently.

"I love you."

I smile, "I love you too." I say.

After that, we enjoy the carriage ride in a comfortable silence, enjoying one another's presence.

"I overheard you saying you'd like to bring someone else? Would there be any way you could come back at six? I am available then." The driver tells us as we get off.

"Our daughter would love this. I can pay for another session if we could come back at six." Peeta insists.

"No, come back tonight. Free of charge, I insist." The man says looking Peeta over.

Peeta shakes his hand, "Thank you so much." He says smiling.

The man nods, "Happy Valentine's Day." He says seductively sounding and winks at Peeta.

I bite my tongue and hold back a laugh as Peeta laughs nervously and we go.

When we get back to the car I can barely hold in my laughter and Peeta is bright red.

"He totally was checking you out, Peeta."

"He was not." He says starting up the car.

I laugh, "He winked at you and said 'Happy Valentine's Day' the way you do when you're trying to be seductive." I tell him truthfully.

Peeta shakes his head, "He did not." He says embarrassedly.

"You get flirted with by everyone." I tease him.

He actually laughs now, "Okay, fine."

I smirk at him, "It's because you're soooo sweet and sexy." I tell him wiggling my eyebrows up and down.

Peeta bursts out laughing, "I am not!"

"Yes you are! Admit it!!" I say loudly, laughing.

"You can think that but nobody else can." He finally says.

"But they do." I tell him truthfully.

I swear he gets flirted with EVERYWHERE we go, no matter if I'm there or not. Or even if Willow is with him people flirt with Peeta. I used to get annoyed and sometimes if someone takes it too far I get mad but I just laugh when it happens because it embarrasses him so badly.

"You get flirted with a lot too."

"Yeah but not as much as you do." I laugh.

Peeta pulls into the driveway and we get out.

About half way there, I feel myself bring lifted up off the ground. Peeta scoops me up and fumbles with his keys, finally getting the door open and goes into the house.

"I have more surprises for you!!" Peeta tells me.

I laugh, "What now?"

"Let's go to the kitchen." He says carrying me in there. He must've ran home before lunch because it was not like this when I left.

All the chairs but two have been removed and there's a candle in the middle of the table, then two plates of cake and some wine glasses and some fake wine on the table, next to a big box of chocolates. There's an empty vase with water in it.

He sets me down in the chair and strikes a match, lighting the candle in the middle of the table. Then he takes the bottle of sparkling grape juice and pours us both a glass full. He takes the bouquet of flowers from my hands and sits them inside the vase and then turns and gives me a cheesy grin.

I can't help but to laugh at him, he's so adorable.

"Grape juice." He says handing me the cup full.

I laugh and he sits down.

Every time we 'drink' it's only grape juice in wine glasses. Luckily, as far as I know he's not drank once since that night he did.

"I've never understood why we have wine glasses if we don't drink?" I laugh a little. I've always wondered why.

"Wedding gift and because we are fancy people." He says in an accent and winks at me.

I chuckle and Peeta holds his glass up, I hold mine up too.

"To our tenth Valentine's Day and to many, many more to come." He says and we clink our glasses and take a drink of the juice.

I smile, "I love you."

"I love you too." He smiles and hands me a fork.

I look down at the cake, it's red velvet.

"Eat up." He says feeding me some of his cake.

I laugh and feed him some of mine. I accidentally get some frosting on the side of his mouth and I reach over and wipe it off, Peeta's eyes don't move from mine and he's giving me his undivided attention.

"How in the hell did you keep the cat out of this?" I ask him.

He laughs, "I may or may not have locked him inside of Willow's bedroom before I set this all up."

I snort, "You're bad."

Peeta smiles sweetly at me then says, "I didn't think you'd appreciate eating a cake that our cat licked."

I giggle, "I wouldn't."

Peeta smiles and we finish each other's cake and our juice and then Peeta opens the box of chocolates.

"We have to try them and see which ones we like and don't like, okay?" He tells me handing me the first one.

I laugh, "Okay." I say taking a bite.

It has an orange filling in it and I hand the other half to Peeta.

"I don't like it." I say, downing it anyways.

"Maybe this was the wrong game to play with my pregnant wife." He laughs.

I pick up a circular shaped one and feed half of it to Peeta and eat the other half.

"This one is good." I say.

It's chocolate covered in chocolate.

Peeta laughs, "It's good."

We play this game back and forth until the box is nearly gone and we are about to puke.

"I forgot that this morning I bought us some chocolates like this and I don't think I want to eat them." I inform Peeta.

He laughs, "Sounds good to me. It looks like Willow will have lots of chocolate to eat."

"Yeah, and I bought her some Valentine's candy too. She will be doing good." I laugh.

Peeta chuckles, "Really good because I bought her some too."

I snort, "Maybe we should consult each other when we buy Willow things."

He laughs, "Probably so but she deserves it."

I nod, "Go get your stuff. It's on the couch in the living room. You didn't even see it when we walked in."

Peeta chuckles and gets up. He comes back a second later with the bag.

"Can I open my card?"

"Yeah, I guess." I say shrugging.

I hate when people open their cards from me in front of me-it makes me feel awkward.

Even if it is Peeta.

"Here, open yours too." He says getting it off the counter top.

"I will wait." I say, wanting to see his reaction to it.

He nods and opens the envelope and pulls out the card and opens it up.

His blue eyes start to scan the words and I grow more nervous. I just hope the meaning gets across to him.

His sweet smile immediately returns and then he looks over at me.

"You can be sweet." Peeta says sarcastically.

I laugh and let out a sigh of relief as he comes over and hugs me from behind.

I lean back against the chair and he presses his lips to mine, over and over and over. A feel his smile against mine and we slowly break away.

"I love you so so so so soooo so much." Peeta tells me.

"There's more in the bag." I tell him awkwardly.

He reaches in, "Chocolates." He chuckles and then pulls out the puzzle.

"What's this?" He asks me.

"Open it up." I laugh.

He pulls the lid off the box and smiles, "A puzzle."

"Yeah, put it together." I say.

"Help me." He says dumping the box of red pieces onto the table in front of me.

Together we put the puzzle together and Peeta is almost in tears.

"This is awesome, Katniss. I love this so much." He says excited sounding and kneels down to hug me.

I hug his blonde head as he wraps his arms around my waist.

"I am gonna add Willow and then add the baby in there once we have a name. That way my heart will be complete."

Peeta smiles, "I love that so much. That's one of the coolest things you've ever gotten me." He assures me.

Honestly, I was afraid he would hate it but I don't think that he does.

I smile, "We better go do some more romantic stuff before we go pick Willow up, Mister." I say patting his hair.

He smiles and stands up. He leans over and blows out the flame of the candle and then scoops me up again.

Peeta carefully carries me up the stairs and into our room where he's gone all out and made a heart with an arrow through it out of rose petals on the bed. I can't help but to laugh when I see it and he laughs too.

He carefully sets me on the bed and I lay my head on his pillow.

He flips the light out and closes the blind and lays on the bed next to me.

"You have no idea how freaking beautiful you are, Katniss Mellark."

I feel my face heat up.

"You're pretty beautiful yourself." I wink.

Peeta laughs, "If you're referring to what happened earlier, stop."

I giggle, "Oh, you know me so well."

He smiles and leans down, kissing me.

"I knew you wanted me to do that."

"You know what else I want you to do?"

Peeta laughs, sits up and takes off his shirt, relieving his perfect body.

I smirk and grab his arms, pulling him down and start attacking him with my lips.

His mouth tastes like cake and chocolate.

***Lol^^^ idek y'all I just wanted a funny ending. Enjoy. May or may not have a chapter with Willow in it for valentines day lol idk but credits to IlseLilo  for the idea for the puzzle thing!! 50 COMMENTS PLZZ!!!

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

318K 13.5K 101
Katniss and Peeta, now engaged, are heading off to college to begin their Forever and Always. They have gone through a lot but they now have a fresh...
248K 12.8K 101
Katniss and Peeta have experienced a lot together. There's been extremely good days and extremely bad days too, but each day they continue to grow to...
8.4K 206 17
My own Mockingjay post book Katniss has been slowly losing herself. Along with a lot of people after the war. She isolates herself and neglects every...
217K 4.5K 46
RATED #1 IN HUNGERGAMES RATED #1 IN AFTER-MOCKINGJAY RATED #1 IN JOSHIFER RATED #1 IN EVERLARK KIDS RATED #1 IN PEETA RATED #2 IN KATNISS RATED #3...