When Two Become One (A Camren...

Per Nefrenity

Lauren isn't a part of Fifth Harmony. She has her own group known as 'Girl Code' with four other girls whom s... Més

It Takes One To Dictate
When Groups Collide
Do Over
New Friendships
Wide Awake
First A Hello
Welcome To My Life
This Is Me
Can't Get Enough
First Dates
Worth It
Under The Stars
One Step At A Time
From Calm To Chaos
It's These Moments
The Art Of Revenge
It Couldn't Last Forever
Mistakes We've Made
What's It Gonna Take?
Picking Up The Pieces
Long Time Coming
Fit For The Devil Herself
A Taste Of Your Own Medicine
The Interview
All Of Me
Good Faith In Good Friends
Turning Tide

New Beginnings

4.7K 105 76
Per Nefrenity

Lauren's POV 

'I guess I-' Suddenly the door to the conference room swung open and a blur of brunette hair appeared in the room, huffing and puffing like they had run a marathon.

'WAIT!'

'Camila?'

I have no idea what the heck is going on right now and the state Camila is in i have to be honest i'm a little worried, she's all red in the face and she has grass stains all up her legs. If I didn't know any better i'd say she got in a fight with gravity and lost. Anyway, let's try and focus on more important things right now, like the words coming out of Camila's mouth and the very shocked expression on my Managers face. Uh-oh, i should probably learn to pick a better time to get side tracked. 

'Wait what?' i spoke up and all eyes fell on me. 

'We want you to be apart of Fourth Harmony' the brunette beamed and hushed excited whispers were being shared between my old group. 

'Who's we?' i asked and soon three more exhausted and out of breath band members were stumbling into the office. Ally was at the forefront of the two ghostly girls behind her who were clinging to each other for stability which seemed like it was taking a turn for the worse. 

'Us, we all want you to join Fourth Harmony' Ally smiled.

'Er why don't you guys sit down before you fall down' i suggested and helped Dinah into a seat followed by Normani. 

'W-what she s-said' Dinah wheezed and my very confused Manager slid a bottle of water in the younger girls direction only for her to guzzle down the whole thing in under thirty seconds. Clearly they had something they wanted to get off their chests.

'Lauren we want you to join our band. When we heard that a rumor that your group was going to break up we were afraid of what might happen to you, we had no idea it was Catherine that ended up getting thrown out on her ass' Camila beamed and took my hand in hers. 

'Well not until we saw her getting man handled into a car by security on our way up here' Normani laughed. 

'And we wanted to get here before you made your decision on what you were going to do next, so did we make it?' Dinah asked. 

'Yes actually, just in the nick of time' My Manager spoke for me. 'Lauren, what do you make of this'

Honestly what did i make of this? I was just about to say i wanted to go solo, but now i have the opportunity to join another band with some of the loveliest people i have ever met. Before, i was thinking about a fresh start with my original dream but how about a second chance on a hand i was already dealt. I trust these girls, I've spent time with them, they've helped me break out of my shell and they were there for me when know one else was. And i love each of them, Camila in particular obviously.  I would get to hang out with them everyday and spend time with the one i love doing the thing i love most.

But I think even more importantly than that, I wouldn't feel so alone. Even on the road with my old group i felt like there was no one beside me, just a handful of people united against me. I still had my family but sometimes they were thousands of miles away and hearing their voices on the phone just made me feel even worse, it wasn't always like that but a majority of the time i stopped myself from calling to save myself from the extra hurt. Although that was quickly replaced with guilt and self hatred. 

Catherine always described us - well mostly the girls - as her home away from home. Maybe Fourth Harmony could be that for me, make the journey a little less lonely and fill my heart with something good for a change. I want my heart to swell with fondness and opportunity and with the future i see ahead for this group it would be both an honor and a privilege to be a part of it. I must have had one heck of an impact on these girls if they're actually here asking me to be apart of their group and join in on their journey. 

Honestly, 2 years ago if you'd have told me that was even a possibility i would have jumped at the chance. I didn't know it was as simple as just welcoming a new member, i mean how would the fans take it? The Harmonizers have proven to be quite a vicious bunch and after everything my group has done i really doubt they would approve, I've tried to make amends as best i can but there's only so much one person can do. What if i joined Fourth Harmony and their fans started to hate them for it, i couldn't do that to their group, talk about a deal breaker. 

'Earth to planet green eyes' I heard Camila giggle and i quickly remembered where i was. 

'I can't' I blurted and everyone in the room looked at me alarmingly. 

'What, why not?' Normani questioned. 

'What if your fans don't like me?' I inquired.

'Lauren they will love you as much as we do' Ally said comfortingly. 

'Maybe even as much as Camila does' Dinah smirked and Camila's jaw dropped to the floor in shock. 

'Never!' she exclaimed. 

'Well' My Manager cleared his throat. 'What if we could find a way to evaluate whether the Harmonizers would approve of you?' he propositioned. 

'How would we do that? 

'We'll have Fourth Harmonies representative start a poll on Twitter, then over the next 24 hours we will monitor the votes and if the majority of the votes are in your favor by quite a sizable margin then you may join Fourth Harmony should you so wish to' he explained as i nodded along silently. 

'Well Lauren, would do you say?' Camila asked and i nodded. 

'I guess it couldn't hurt right' and once those words slipped past my lips my Manager was already on the phone.

'Wow, someone's enthusiastic' Ally teased. 

'Hey, words cannot describe how much i would love to be apart of your group. Are you guys even sure you want me? I mean it's your group, your fan base, it's not like this is a thing that happens everyday' I said putting my insecurities into words. 

'Girl, of course we want you. You're strong, you're feisty, and you've been through a hell of a lot and still managed to come out on top. You're literally a walking talking version of our mantra. Girl fucking power' Dinah announced and i kinda wanted to giver her an 'amen sister'. 

'And you know if we didn't bring you on board Camila would spend the next couple of years sulking because you two are in different countries and she misses waking up to you every morning' Normani grinned smugly. 

'Normani!' Camila pouted. 

'Oh my god, you're never allowed to pout ever again. I'm think i'm having a heart attack' i swooned. 

'Ew, don't make us sick of you two already' Dinah grimaced. 

'You're just jealous' Camila smiled and stuck her tongue out at her band mate. 

'Okay Lauren, i just got off the phone with Fourth Harmony's label and the poll just went up. I suggest you go back to the hotel to take your mind off of things until this is all over' My Manager suggested as he walked back into the room. 'As for the rest of you girls, good luck in your endeavors and know that i'm just a phone call away' 

-

After that the girls and I headed back to the hotel as i said some very heartfelt goodbyes to my old group, they packed their things and went to start their own new adventures while i settled down and awaited the possibility of beginning my own.  I told Fourth Harmony that i needed some time alone to think and they immediately agreed that they didn't want to rush me into anything or pressure me in anyway which i appreciated. However after pacing for about an hour or two in my room the small space felt like it was getting smaller and smaller with every second so i made my way back down into the cafeteria and over to the kitchen area. 

Most of the hotels residents were down here eating lunch and i spotted Normani and Dinah at the buffet table, Ally was sitting and talking with some of their crew but Camila was nowhere to be seen. I walked over to 2/4ths of Fourth Harmony and asked them where my Girlfriend had ran off to and they pointed to the kitchen area. At first i was confused but then i remembered she actually had permission to be back there so long as she didn't get in anyone's way or touch any of the food, so once the lunch rush died down i made my way inside. 

It didn't take me very long to locate her, i mean she doesn't exactly blend in with the kitchen staff donned from head to toe in white and wearing chef hats, but the kitchen isn't exactly small either. She had what looked like batter in a bowl and was pouring it into the empty cases on the tray in front of her. The second i walked in she looked up and smiled before taking the tray and putting it into one of the many ovens; they didn't really seem to be using this area so Camila hoisted herself up onto the counter and patted a spot beside her. 

'You know you don't have to join our group if you don't want to' Camila spoke and i was slightly disheartened by her words. Obviously i didn't give her the desired answer, but i had to be cautious and now i felt bad for even second guessing myself.

'I know' i nodded and sat down beside her so that our legs were touching. After a minute or two of silence i wrapped one of my arms around her shoulders and hugged her closer to me while she rested her head on my chest and buried her face in the crook of my neck. 

'I'd really love it if you did join our group though' she admitted quietly and nuzzled even closer to me. 

'Why? Because you love me?' i questioned. 

'Mhhmm' she mumbled. 'But that's not the only reason. I want you to join our group because we all love you, you probably think i was the one who suggested the idea but it wasn't. Normani was actually the one who asked us and i was immediately on board. Dinah was so excited to be able to have your low voice in our music and she can't wait to Harmonize with you and make music with you; and Ally started going on about how profound you are and what amazing music you could write and compose. We're all excited about having you on board for lots of different reasons' 

'What about you, are there any other reasons you want me in your group?' i pondered and felt Camila pull back to look up at me. 

'I want to give you everything you should have gotten when you were with Girl Code, i want you to have the real girl group experience with the friends you deserve and the achievements you've earned. But most importantly Lauren, i want you to live your dream and i will do everything in my power to make sure that happens' she smiled but still remained astute in her answer. She was so cute, looking so serious and yet sincere at the same time. I leaned in, closing the space between us and locking my lips with hers in a slow and yet searing kiss, it was like i put everything i wanted to say into that one action and after a few moments i could feel the hint of a smile against my mouth. 

'Why are you smiling?' i asked while also smiling. 

'Why are you smiling?' she rebutted. 

'I asked you first'

'Well i asked you second' 

'Camz' 

'LoLo' she smirked. 

'Because i'm happy' i replied.

'Me too' 

Our little conversation was interrupted by a ding from the oven and i watched as Camila hopped down from the counter. She threw on some oven gloves and took out her perfectly cooked cupcakes before placing them on the side. I hopped down to join her and wrapped my arms around her waist from behind. I couldn't help but think back to the time we were last in here, absolutely covered from head to toe in flour and eggs and plenty of other things. I will remember that night for many years to come and be reminded of it every day that i'm with Camila, she is the good in my life now and she has proved that more times than i can count. 

I don't know how exactly a simple batch of cupcakes is making my heart crumble like this, but i knew in that moment that Camila was who i wanted to be with for the rest of my life. And i didn't want to be anywhere that she wasn't, i wanted to stand beside her, sing with her and love her with all of my heart. Screw the poll, if i could make this work nothing short of being stabbed in the chest would stop me from chasing this dream. 

The next thing i know Catherine is storming into the kitchen with a gun. 

'If i can't be happy, no one can'

Bang

I'm just kidding that didn't actually happen, i'm sorry i had to do it. Oh god that was so perfect. No Camila and I just ate the cupcakes and took the rest out to the girls. Fingers crossed guys. 

-

The next day i actually did get to wake up to Camila beside me and honestly i love it more than singing, more than ice-cream, hell more than Christmas, god i love it more than love. She was sleeping so soundly beside me i almost didn't want to wake her up but the deadline was minutes away from ending and i didn't want to go through it alone. I wasn't allowed to check Twitter all freaking day and my Manager texted me last night saying i should expect a call at 10 for the results. Since i still had some time before i had to get up i decided to spent it snuggling with my beautiful and very warm girlfriend. 

I wonder what would happen if i put my cold hands on her-

'HOLY SHIT LAUREN!' she yelled and i got a punch on the arm. 

'Ow' i chuckled. 

'Your hands are freezing' she scolded and turned to face me. 

'I know, i was hoping you could warm them up for me' i grinned and kissed her then slowly slid my hands under her top. She tensed for a moment and let out a small squeal before i began caressing her skin and letting my hands trace her spine. 

Although like most great things our fun was cut frustratingly short when several loud knocks could be heard at the door followed by several booming voices. 

'Lauser, open this door!' That's Dinah Jane no doubt about it. 

'Yeah, stop getting freaky with Mila and let us in!' Normani added. I couldn't contain the annoyed sighed that came out and Camila kissed me slowly again before practically pushing me out of the bed. 

'We'll have plenty of opportunities to get 'freaky' she laughed loudly and i felt my cheeks going red. Anyway, i let the girls in and we talked for a while until i got the call and everyone went dead silent. 

'Lauren, do you want the good news or the bad news?' he asked and i put the phone  on speaker. 

'Bad news first' i said decisively and looked at all the nervous faces around me. 

'The bad news is i'm not going to be your Manager anymore' he stated and I have to admit i was momentarily confused. 'Lauren, the fans lost it when they heard you might be joining Fourth Harmony' 

'So what does that mean?'

'It means that if you want it... you're the newest member of Fifth Harmony!'

Holy shit. 

'HOLY SHIT!!!' I almost screamed and pounced on the girls, they clearly weren't expecting such a big gesture as we ended up in a heap of tangled arms and legs on the floor. 

'So what do you say Jauregui, you want in?' Camila asked. 

And I've never said yes to anything so fast in my entire life. 

A/N: And that's it guys!!! I know, i know it took me long enough right? But thanks to @FifthHarmonyShip who kindly reminded me to get my shit together, it's finally finished like 6 months later. I really didn't mean to leave it that long but it just sorta got away from me and i started writing new things. So sorry and Hooray lol

- Alex XD

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

155K 2.1K 25
Camila, Lauren, Ally, Dinah, and Normani. Five girls who have become Fifth Harmony and won third place on X-Factor. After the competition, they get s...
127K 4K 21
The women of Fifth Harmony have all gone their separate ways in life. Four years later in the year 2021, the once singers are thrown an opportunity t...
8.9K 218 16
Everything was going right for both Justin and Lauren until that night. Everything changed and their relationship ended. Justin does everything he ca...
181K 5.3K 24
Keauren/Camren/5H fanfiction. (You'll see what I mean) Lauren, Dinah, Camila, Normani, and Ally were all ordinary best friends ever since elementary...