Those Perfect Flaws || ✓ || P...

Door pialikesbands

#1 in Teen Fiction Blaze Ryder is everything Alaska feared. He is eyes and embraces and fallings stars, choc... Meer

Before You Read
Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Appreciation Update.
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Epilogue
Fun Facts + Playlist
Spotify Playlist
Alternate Ending?
Alternate Ending!

Chapter 14

7.6K 360 57
Door pialikesbands

Date: 15th February, 2016.

This chapter goes out to my best friend.

I'm sorry if this chapter is not upto the mark, my best friend passed away and I don't feel so good. All I've been doing today is crying.

Also, I'm sorry for all they typos. I'm sure there are going to be lots. My hands are shaking really bad.

"The biggest lesson I've learnt this year
is that no one is really your friend or

truly loves you until they've seen every
dark shadow inside you and stayed."

ALASKA'S POV

We were in our English class and I was talking to Liam.

I asked him how was his mom doing and he replied, "Yeah, she's fine. The doctors say that she is stable but she hasn't woke up yet. When she does, they'll watch over her for a day or two and I will be able to take her home." smiling slightly.

"Aw. That's great Li!" I exclaimed.

As the bell rang, Mr. Montez walked in and said, "Alright, I've checked all of you pop quiz papers and I'm giving them back. Some of them are terrible, and I mean terrible but most of you have done a great job. Come ahead and collect your papers when I call your names."

He started calling out names and everyone started rushing to him, eager to know how had they performed. Not only he was giving us the paper, but also some feedbacks.

"Alaska White." My name was called out and I walked towards the teacher.

"Good job, Alaska! There's great improvement. I hope you have got past whatever was troubling you"

"Thank you." I smiled and he handed me the paper, smiling.

'A+' it read. I smiled huge and sat besides Liam. I shoved the paper in his face and he simply chuckled at me.

After everyone getting their papers and settling down, we were assigned a project. The whole class groaned in sync and Mr. Montez just smirked in return. As the bell rang, Liam and I rushed out of the class, walking among the others as we got lost into the sea of people.

We parted ways and walked towards our next respective classes. After two other long classes, e wry one was seated at the lunch table. "Hello people" I said cheerfully, just as I sat down.

Everyone looked at me weirdly and I raised an eyebrow. "What?" I asked them.

"You're in a good mood." Damien said, voicing all of their thoughts.

"Well, should I not be in a good mood?" I teased them.

Sean widened his eyes and said, "Thats not we meant." I laughed at his facial expression.

Everyone was still looking at me like I had grown an extra head so I rolled my eyes and made my way towards the lunch line. I could still feel their stares burning holes in my back.

I turned my head around and they're still staring at me. I shouted a 'what' all across the cafeteria which brought them back to their senses and they turned around, continuing talking and eating.

I loaded my plate with greasy food (as usual), walked back to the table and sat in between Liz and Noah. They all teased me (as usual) and tried to steal my food (as usual) and got hit (as usual). The lunch was the same as it always is except Blaze was missing.

I guess we all know what that means, right?

I sighed as the bell rang and was on my way to the library. I had a free period so it's not like I had anything better to do.

When I entered, I smiled at the librarian and walked towards the fiction section, picking out a few books. I quickly scanned the description of all the books and placed them back at their respective places except 'Reckless' by 'Sydney Sheldon'.

I slid against the shelf and sat down, my legs spread wide ahead of me.

When I was three chapters into the book, someone came and sat besides me. I lifted my head only to realise it was Em. I smiled at her and she returned the gesture.

You could say she was my 'library acquaintance'. We suggest each other books to read and shared our opinions on them.

As soon as the school got out, we met in the parking lot. We didn't have anything to do so we decided to go to the mall instead of getting bored in our houses. We got into our cars and drove off.

Liam, Liz and I were in the same car.

Just dandy.

The atmosphere in the car was tense. Liz was driving shotgun and I was seated back. There was an extremely awkward silence in the car. I broke it by saying, "So what are we exactly going to do?"

Liam looked at me through the rear view mirror and said "Sit in the food court, hog food, what else?" He looked at me as I was crazy to even asked him.

Liz pitched in, "Hey Liam, will you come with me to Hot Topic? I need to buy cool shirts."

Who was this girl? Liz wasn't like this.

Liam looked uncomfortable and I inwardly chuckled at him. "Um, no. But I'm sure Al would love to come!"

"Uh, yeah, sure." I replied and shot daggers at Liam. Little did I know Liz was shooting daggers at me in return. Really? What had gotten into this girl?

We reached the mall what seemed like a forever after and I quickly got outside, not being able to breathe in that intense atmosphere. One by one the cars parked in the lot and everyone got out. We all proceeded towards the entrance, being loud and rowdy.

After the security was assured that we weren't any type of terrorist, we were let in.

Liz held my hand, extra lightly I may add, and dragged me to the shop, roughly I may add.

I really don't like her right now, I thought.

I could barely keep up with her and waked in Hot Topic. She tried on shirts and jeans and every other thing you could imagine and at last, brought on two tops.

After two agonising hours of her shopping and me continuously complaining about being hungry, we joined others at the food court.

I slumped down in the chair and released a long sigh. "She is a devil, I swear. She didn't feed me for two, whole entire hours. Its a miracle I haven't died yet!" I cried out in exaggeration.

"Oh baby, I'll get you food." Liam walked away.

Blaze rolled his eyes (he thought he was discreet) but I saw him. He pushed away his chair and and walked away. I saw him walk towards some girl. I watched him discreetly (I was successful, okay?) and for once, he didn't hook up with her. Just some harmless flirting and he walked back flashing us a smirk, putting the piece of paper with her phone number in his pocket

He came over and sat down cockily, spreading his legs ahead of himself. He smiled this lazy grin which sent my heart in overdrive.

He winked at me and turned to Damien to talk to him.We all sat there for a while, eating and laughing, making memories. I dragged Liam (not as roughly as Liz dragged me) to the music store. I brought Sounds Good Feels Good and Blurry face and we walked out.

"Why did you buy SGFG?!" Blaze cried out. "I was going to gift that to you!." He threw up his hands dramatically.

I rolled my eyes. "Oops", I said but inside, my heart warmed a little.

Of course, he knew my obsession with 5 Seconds of Summer.

"Get me some band merch then." I winked.

"Hey Li, see ya tomorrow. I'm driving with Noah." I said, ruffled his hair, hugged him and walked away.

"Wait up, Nov." Blaze said. I turned back and raised an eyebrow in question.

"We'll meet you in a while, okay?" Liam and Damien nodded and they walked towards some skateboard shop.

Blaze threw an arm around me and dragged me somewhere, talking about some football game coming up.

Why is everyone dragging me everywhere, today?!

I didn't question him and wrapped my arm around his waist. We walked, not falling silent even once. We had a lot to talk about. Guess where did he take me? Guess, guess.

He took me to Barnes & Noble.

I smiled really huge and squeezed his waist. I looked up at him and he was already looking down at me, smiling.

"Its a ritual." He began. "Whenever we come to the mall together, I buy you books." I giggled and bounced like a five year old and skipped inside, leaving Blaze behind. I walked towards my favourite section and picked out several books. I loaded them into Blaze's arms, who was standing behind me, not talking and waiting patiently. I head someone laughing towards my right and I was positive it was Blaze.

I snapped my head in that direction and there he was, flirting.

Shocked, I turned around and saw a guy holding my books. It wasn't Blaze.

My cheeks instantly reddened and I started stuttering, apologising profusely.

Now that I see him, he was was around my age and no doubt he was attractive.

"I am so so sorry. I thought you were my best friend. He always accompanies me and holds my books while I look for them. I am so sorry." I could feel my whole body burning up and nervous butterflies filled my stomach.

"Haha, its okay. Don't worry about it." He smiled and a simple adorned his right cheek.

He is so cute, I thought.

I don't think my face was going to cool down anytime soon, I was so embarrassed. The fact he was cute didn't make it any better.

"Why didn't you just tell me I was piling up books in your arms?" I asked awkwardly, not making eye contact.

"You seemed pretty occupied there." He smiled, eyes shining bright.

"I'm sorry. I'm Alaska." I introduced, looking into his grey eyes.

"Elijah." He said and we shook hands.

Blaze walked over and looked at Elijah. He nodded at him and Elijah returned the nod. He turned towards me, "You done?"

"Yeah" I shook in head.

Elijah handed me the books and I smiled at him appreciatively, blushing again as I recalled the events.

"What school do you go to?" He asked me.

"Rosewood High. You?" I enquired back.

"Me too. See you around, then." He smiled once more and walked away.

That was a lot of smiling.

Blaze and I walked towards the line and he asked me, "Who was that?"

"Elijah. I thought it was you. You always hold my books." He chuckled at me.

I bumped his shoulder with mine, "Shut up." I said weakly, blushing.

"You resemble a tomato right now!" He exclaimed childish and giggled.

"Oh my God, stop." I replied, blushing harder.

"I think it's adorable." He said, smiling at me. I blushed harder and pushed him off me.

He just shook his head and walked ahead towards the line. He paid and I texted the others we were done.

"There you go." He said, handing me the bag.

"Thank youuu, Blaze." I giggled, extending the 'u'.

We parted ways when all of us met and Damien, Liam and I were got into the same car. Both of them knew about me liking Blaze and I told them about what had happened in the store.

"So you're telling us that he was pretty chill and wasn't in his new 'normal' stance with all that clenched fists and locked jaw?" Damien asked surprised.

"Nah." I said.

"That's good in a way." Liam began. "At least you know that he isn't obsessed with you." He finished and we all laughed.

They dropped me off and I went to the basement directly. That's where I spent most of my time now, it was my safe haven.

Soon Blaze would hang out with me here again. I knew it.

I opened up my laptop and started writing.

"Who is the worst person to lose?" He asked her.

"Your best friend." She answered within a heartbeat.

"Why?" He used her further.

"It hurts more than losing your significant other, I believe. When you lose a best friend, it's like a knife to your heart." She opened up.

"When you've known someone since you were small, young, it's harder to let them go. It's painful to grow apart from someone who was there for you in everything from the first day of your kindergarten to the day you graduated your college. When someone knows everything about you and then doesn't, it hurts. It is awful."

"Losing your best friend is like loosing a part of yourself."

I closed my eyes and took a breath. I sat there like that for what felt like forever and then opened my eyes. With a somewhat fresh mind, I continued writing.

________________

There. Leave a feedback if you want to.

All the love,
Pia xx

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

3.2K 336 32
Aria had a simple life, she had her friends, her brother, and her parents. At the time she thought life couldn't get any better; minus the guy she wa...
18.5K 1.7K 41
"I want how it was before. I want it all with you in my life again... I'm asking you to stay." Miles Cobain-Smith An aloof and detached logician, he...
285K 5.5K 71
He takes a step forward and stops. He shakes his head looking down at his feet "I can't kiss you, Analia." Why does he have to say my name like that...
1.3K 169 27
"Wait," I put my hands on my hips and frown. "You woke me up to ask me this? Because you want to meet me every morning at five?" "Yes." "So you hones...