Nobody But You

By SarahSwartz

PREVIOUSLY TITLED "HOW CAN I HATE YOU BUT STILL LOVE YOU?" "DESIRE" Title sometimes changes. Not often. Writ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue

Chapter 23

2.8K 120 5
By SarahSwartz

JACKSON

I held her hand the entire car ride home. We sat in silence the whole way. It wasn't awkward. It was comforting.

We pulled up in my driveway to see that all the cars were gone.

I cut the engine. "Huh? I wonder where they went."

"They didn't tell you?"

I shook my head. "Nope. But they probably thought we were going to spend the whole day out." I stepped out of the car. She followed my lead. "What's that?" I pointed as we neared the front door. A note was taped on the door. I took it off and read it.

"What's it say?"

"Ran out. Won't be home for a few hours. Stay with Kim until we get back. Mom and Dirk."

"Wow. Was it really worth it to put up a note?"

I crumbled up the note and put it in my pocket. "Apparently. Like I said, they're worried about me. They won't let me be home alone."

"So, they think it's okay that your girlfriend stays alone with you in the house for a few hours?"

I nodded. "Yup. Apparently they trust us which was a big mistake."

She laughed. "You are full of it."

"Which is why you love me." I said and unlocked the door, entering the house. "You hungry?" I asked as I walked to the kitchen.

"Yeah."

"Okay. Let's invade the pantry and see if there's something left that Jake didn't eat yet."

She sat at the island and watched as I looked through the pantry. "Need any help finding something?"

"No." I said and pulled a full pack of Oreos out. "How did Jake not get to these yet?" Jake is obsessed with Oreos. I brought them over and placed them in front of Kim and opened them.

"Thank you."

"You're very welcome." I said and wrapped my arms around her from the back and kissed her cheek as she took an Oreo and ate it.

"This is nice." She said. "Get to spend a few more hours together."

"Yeah. That's great." I said and then found myself starting to kiss the back of her ear repeatedly. She didn't move. My hands moved so they were both on her hips as I began to kiss her neck and shoulder.

She suddenly spun around. She smiled before she placed her lips over mine. The kiss deepened as I pulled her closer and wrapped one of her legs around me, stroking it.

I pulled her up so her arms were around my neck and her legs around my hips. "How are we going to play this?" I asked, parting my lips away from hers by not even an inch.

"Let's go someplace more private and go with the flow." She breathed out.

"I like that. To my room?"

"To your room."

I placed her down. "Yeah, if I carry you up the stairs we will die." I held her hand as we walked up the stairs, basically running down the hall to the attic.

I closed the attic doors behind us. Once the last door was closed I pushed Kim gently against the door and started kissing her again.

"Aren't you going to lock the door?" She asked once my lips left hers and traveled down her jaw and neck.

"Dirk took them off." I said as I continued to kiss her neck. "After what happened last time he doesn't want to give me the power to lock my door."

"Okay, just asking."

I continued kissing her neck when I grabbed her inner thighs and lifted her up and wrapped her legs around me again.

I slowly pulled away. "You love me?"

She nodded. "Of course."

"I've never felt this way about anyone." I didn't let her reply and I kissed her, letting her down on the floor. We both started walking backwards, our lips never leaving each other's. As we walked we both managed to take each other's shirts off. I sat on the edge of the bed as Kim sat on my lap. Our lips never leaving each other. "I love you." I said as I felt her unbuckling my jeans as I moved my hands to her back and undid her bra, sliding it off.

"I love you too."

I smiled as I flipped her over on to the bed and hovered above her. "I can't say I love you enough."

Her hand touched my chest. "You're a great guy. You know that?"

"I am because of you." I leaned in and closed the space between us.

We laid under the covers together. Kim's hand rested on my chest and her head on my shoulder. I never wanted to move.

"I'm still thanking you for the engine." I said and looked down at her.

"I only did it because I love you."

"I'm doing this because I love you." I leaned in and kissed her lips gently. "Thank you for everything."

"You deserved it."

"Remember that time last year were I wasn't studying so you threw me a paper air plane with notes on it?"

She nodded. "Yeah."

"Did I ever tell you I passed that test?"

She looked up at me. "No. You never mentioned that."

"I just needed your help is all."

"Aww." She whispered and kissed me.

Our kiss got cut short when my Mom yelled up the stairs.

"Jackson, can you help us with the groceries?!"

"In a moment!"

"We need your help with something!"

"Shit." I whispered and got out of bed. Kim watched as I put back on my clothes.

"Should I leave?" She whispered, trying not to let my Mom hear.

"No. I'll be back." I whispered and kissed her before leaving my room. "What's this thing you need help with?" I asked Mom once I stepped in to the hallway.

"Jake wants your help with pumping his basketball so he could play outside." Mom said. They were at Jake's basketball game before they got groceries.

"Sure. Where is he?"

"Outside waiting for you."

"Okay. I promise to help with the groceries when I'm done."

I started to walked down the hall when Mom stopped me once I got to the stairs. "Kim's supposed to be babysitting you. Where is she?"

"Did you really just say babysitting?"

"Yeah. Now answer my question."

"She left right when you got home."

She nodded. "I see." She turned and ran to my room. For a woman in her forties she was fast.

I ran after her. "What are you doing?"

"I know she's upstairs."

"No, she's not. Can we go take care of that stuff?"

She opened the attic door and ran up the stairs, opening the door to my room.

"Mom!" I ran up the stairs and stood next to her. I was shocked by the sight. Kim was all dressed and cleaned up. She managed to empty my school work on to my bed and pretended to study.

She looked up at us, not surprised we were there. "Hello, Mrs. Leonard."

"Hello, Kim." She was confused and then turned to me. "You didn't want me to know you were working on your school work?"

I shrugged. "It's embarrassing?" I questioned myself, giving Kim wide eyes when my Mom turned back to Kim.

Mom shook her head and turned from Kim to me. "You're a strange boy. Now go help your brother."

She turned and walked down the stairs. I waited for her to go into the hallway before walking over the Kim and sat beside her.

"Nice thinking." I whispered. Just because Mom left doesn't mean that she can't still hear us.

"I have a little sister and older brother. I learned how to get ready and to school in five minutes."

I chuckled. "Lucky us." I kissed her. "Stay here. I have to help Jake with something real fast."

"Okay."

I got off the bed and headed out to the front yard.

"Hey, Jackson!" Jake greeted as I walked over to him standing in front of the open garage.

"Hey, bud. You need my help?"

Jake nodded. "Yeah. I'm having trouble pumping up this basketball. Mom and Dirk can't do it and you're the only one who knows how to do this stuff."

I chuckled. "True. Hand me the pump."

Jake did as told and handed me the pump as I placed the basketball in front of me before setting the pump up.

"Thank you so much. You're a great brother."

I smiled as I started to pump up the basketball. "You're a great brother too."

"Can you pick me up from school more often?"

I looked at him but my body still focused on the pump. "Why's that?"

"I really like spending time with you."

I took the pump out once the ball was inflated and handed it to him. "I like spending time with you too. I'll try to drive you to and from school as often as I can." I then motioned my head in the direction of the car. "I need to help Mom and Dirk with the groceries and finish some homework. Then I'll come down and join you."

"Thanks, Jackson."

I ruffled his hair and headed over to the car. Mom was having trouble with a bag. "Mom, I got it." I said, taking the bag from her.

"What did you do with my son?" She joked.

I laughed. "Just being polite, Mom."

"I like you better when you are polite." She walked back to the car and grabbed a lighter grocery bag.

"Thanks." I reached into the bag and grabbed Jake's Reese's Pieces from the top. "Jake! Think fast!" I said and threw them at him, he caught them.

I helped with the remainder of the groceries before heading back upstairs.

"Welcome back, babe." Kim said when I walked in to my room and shut the door.

"Glad to be back, sweetheart." I said and quickly joined her on the bed, kissing her. "Can we do a round two?"

She chuckled. "Actually, I was thinking we'd go over the work you missed. I want you to be caught up."

"Do I have to?"

"You have two days. Yes, you do."

"Fine." I laid down on the bed and looked at the papers. "I have to memorize all this in two days?"

"I'm helping you remember it. You don't have to remember everything. Just enough to pass the class." She smiled. "When I ask you a question and you get it right I will kiss you."

"And what if I get it wrong?"

"Then I won't kiss you."

I laughed. "You are an awful person."

"Yeah. An awful person who is very smart and can help you get into college."

"Dirk said my grades are good enough to get me into college now."

She laughed. "You still need to graduate."

I threw my head back and groaned. "School is too hard."

"You've been doing great." He rubbed my back. "I know you can do this."

I looked up at her. "Thanks for the confidence boost, babe." I leaned up to kiss her when she stopped me.

"You only get a kiss when you get a question right."

I groaned again. "You are so difficult."

She nodded. "I know."

She started reading off questions and reviewed the notes with me. I got most of the questions right.

It was one in the morning and I couldn't sleep. I rolled around, trying to find a nice position but nothing worked. I groaned as I sat up and got out of bed. I was going to go to the kitchen to get something to eat and something to drink.

I tiptoed down the hall and down the stairs, trying not to make a sound.

I walked into the kitchen and turned on the light but lowered the dimmers.

My eyes felt a little heavy but not heavy enough to make me feel tired.

I grabbed a glass and filled it up with water and then made myself a bowl of ice cream.

I took a seat at the island and ate. I was in the middle of drinking my water when I saw a fully written piece of paper on the edge of the table. Being the curious person that I am I slid the paper closer. My eyes widened as I read the top of the paper. Written in big letters it read: Why my Brother is my Hero by Jake Nelson. I believe this is the paper Jake wanted me to read. So I did:

I have two older brothers. James and Jackson. James is engaged and his fiancé is having a baby soon. I only live with my Mom, my stepdad, and Jackson now since James moved out. Jackson never let me feel alone. Even though he used to have an attitude problem he was different around me. He turned into a completely different person around me. Even after he got a girlfriend he made sure to spend plenty of time with him. He would sometimes drive me to school and pick me up. It's fun getting  to spend even five minutes with him. He's been through a lot more than me and the way he can keep a smile on his face when he's around me is the best feeling ever. He is absolutely the best. He's volunteered that when I learn to drive in a couple years he said he'd help me get used to being behind the wheel and help me prepare for my driver's test. He is honestly the best brother in the entire world and that's why he's my hero. He may not wear a cape and he may feel depressed at times but he is still there for me when I need him. And that's what makes him a hero.

I had tears forming in my eyes as I read the last sentence. I flipped it over for no reason when I saw the teacher's comment.

Sounds like you have a wonderful brother!

A+

I knew he looked up to me but I never considered myself a hero. I was just being a brother.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 102 20
This book is not rated mature but it does have ONE chapter where mature content is involved so PLEASE do NOT report this book. "And how do you suppo...
75.1K 2.4K 28
[ONGOING 🔞] #8 insanity :- Wed, May 15, 2024. #2 yanderefanfic :- Sat, May 18, 2024. After y/n became an orphan, she had to do everything by herself...
422K 1.7K 4
Jenny Cowley is not your average 19 years old. For starters, she's moved around her whole life and never got to experience living in one place for lo...
13.1M 434K 41
When Desmond Mellow transfers to an elite all-boys high school, he immediately gets a bad impression of his new deskmate, Ivan Moonrich. Gorgeous, my...