Avenge | Book 2

By retiredwhore

Avenge | Book 2 Book 1: Avenge | Book 1 *•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•* Project P.E.G.A.S.U.S S... More

Project P.E.G.A.S.U.S
Chatting
Interrogation
S.H.I.E.L.D
"Company"
Agents Quill & Barton
The Secret That Should Stay A Secret
Forced Leave of Absence
IMF
Classified
"Tselevaya Izuchayetsya."
Code 13
Conference Room 103
The Gym
Good Ol' Pals
Matches
Loki
No Hero
Helicarrier Attack
The Trading Cards
"Aunt Grace"
Chitauri Battle
The Rest
Missile
Shawarma
Moving Day
New Neighbor
News
Old Friends
Asgard
New People
Dinner & Training
The Ball
Powers
Brother & Sister Day
Back Home
Basically...
Changed Number
Serums
Blue
Nightmare
VA's
Confessions
Funeral

Washington DC

726 45 14
By retiredwhore

I'm drinking chocolate milk. ^u^... TO THE STORY!
#CHOCOLATEMILKSQUAD

Year or so Later
Washington DC

I listen to the Trouble Man Soundtrack as I cook some bacon on the stove in my apartment.

(A/N: Yes this is Steve's apartment from the Winter Soldier, but it'll make sense down the line)

"This I know, man, is; This I know, sugar;" I sing along to Marvin Gaye while taking a piece of bacon off the pan, dropping it to the Gold Retriever mix at my feet.

I turn off the stove after taking all the bacon off of the pan, setting the bacon on a plate with a paper towel under in and putting the pan in the sink.

*•*•*•

After eating breakfast, I get dressed in a black sports bra, a grey SHIELD athletic shirt, black running shorts and running shoes.

I put my hair up in a ponytail and lastly fill my SHIELD water bottle up.

"Ready to go on a run, Dean?" I ask in an excited tone as I walk towards the front door.

"Ruff!" He barks in excitement running to me.

"Come here, boy." I put the collar on him, he tries to lick my face but I push him off.

"Let's go!" I open the door.

Reflecting Pool

I smirk as I see a friend running around the pool too. I've already done a couple laps, passing him a few times since I apparently can run faster and don't get tired as fast as a normal human... which I am not even a human according to the tests SHIELD ran when I first joined.

Flashback

"Howard Stark was somewhat right from when it came to the results of your blood test." Payton says as she reads the sheets from the lab results her and Madi did. "You're not human...well you're, like, 57% human and 43% something else."

"What's the other 43%?" I question, biting my lip out of nervousness.

"We don't know." Madi sighs, walking into the lab in the helicarrier. "It's nothing we've seen."

I take a deep breath. "Of course it is."

"But on the other hand, in the 7% is Canadian blood!" Madi announces. "And English, Irish..." She lists.

Flashback Over

I pick up my speed and run past him.

"Sammmmmyyy!" I yell as I come up behind him, getting him ready for what's coming.

"Grace, don't." He begs.

"On ya right." I breath running past him.

*•*•*•

"Sammy, Sammy, Sammy!" I sing as I run towards him again.

"Don't say it!"

"ON YA right!" I shout as Dean runs past us too. "Deanie!" I pick up the past and run after him.

*•*•*•

"See Dean has taken a liking to you." I point out as I catch my breath.

Sam looks up from his spot on the ground by a tree as he pets Dean.

"I think he's always liked me." He laughs. "Since I'm the one who suggested for you to get the dog." He stands up.

I shrug and nod my head in agreement.

"Did you listen to that soundtrack?" Sam questions.

"Yup." I nod remembering the song from early. "Trouble Man is the best song on that soundtrack."

"Why do you think it's named it Trouble Man Soundtrack?" He laughs, I laugh with him.

"True, true." I nod.

"Yeah." He nods too. "You going to the meeting today?"

You see, me and Sam became friends through his PTSD meetings and running.

A couple months after I became an official SHIELD agent, I moved down to Washington because I really didn't know where to go. So I went to the capital of the United States; Washington DC. Met Sam when I remembered what that cashier told me.

Since then me and Sam have been friends, nothing more. He's like a brother to me just like Steve was.

"I plan to if I don't have a mis--" The sound of a car horn cuts me off making both of attentions turn to look behind me.

"SHIELD needs you right now!" Madi calls from the passenger's seat of the dark blue SHIELD Jeep.

"I guess I won't be." I sigh turning back to Sam.

"Need me to watch Dean?" Sam asks knowing when Madi and Payton show up I'm going to be gone for a few days.

"Yep." I kneel down in front of the dog and give him a kiss on the snout. "Cya, boy."

"Wait!" Payton leans over Madi as I jog towards the Jeep. "Sam is taking care of Dean? That's different!"

"Well Dean is a dog and Sam is a person, so why would it be different?" I question coming up towards the passenger's side window.

"You didn't get the reference." Madi says lips barely moving.

"She didn't get the reference." Payton mimics her.

"Was I supposed to?" I cock an eyebrow.

Payton just facepalms with a sigh. "Just... just get in the car, Barnes."

"Oookkkk." I get into the back seat.

"We're marathoning all 10 seasons of Supernatural while you're in New York." She says as I shut the car door.

"What's Supernatural?"

"OH MY JESUS, GRACELYN!" They both yell.

SHIELD Quinjet

"Coulson." I whine as I come out of the quinjet's bathroom. "Did you have input on my new uniform?"

"Oh my God." Payton stifles a laugh while Madi just lets it all out.

"Jesus Christ, Coulson, you have a problem." She cries.

"I don't know what you mean?" Coulson innocently smiles knowing exactly what he did.

"You know what I mean, Phil." I gesture to the Captain America style uniform.

"You're going to be a dead man, Coulson." I threaten.

"I thought you would like it." He shrugs.

"I do just..." I sigh. "I'm not Captain America... I'm the chick who he was friends with and who married his best friend."

"I know, I was just messing with you." He counters. "You can go change back into your running stuff."

"Thank you!" I walk back to the bathroom.

Location: Pacific Ocean
Coords: Classified

"Should've k-k-kept on the uni-uniform." I shiver as we walk to whatever they found with my head down.

"Yep." Coulson laughs under his warm, cozy winter jacket. "Here." He takes off his coat and hands it to me.

"Thanks." I say as I look up to grab the coat but I freeze in my steps.

A too familiar wing peaks out from the ice.

"What are we doing here?" I demand in a hard voice.

"We found something..." Fury comes outs of nowhere, nothing different. "Or should I say, someone." He smirks slightly making my eyes widen and jaw drop.

Inside the Hydra Place

"Oh my God!" I hear someone gasp. "This guy's still alive!"

I sprint up to the red, white, and blue figure in ice.

I scan the part where they melted off the ice; the patriotic uniform with the white star on the chest is too familiar.

I move my eyes up to look at the person's icey face and I can't believe my eyes.

"Steve." I barely whisper.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.7K 5.1K 35
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...
267K 8.6K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
164K 8K 53
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...
145K 5.3K 88
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...