The One Ring | J.J

By Hetalichin

Set in 1590, A girl discovers a tower deep in the forest where people rumored it haunted and dange... More

❀ Part 1
❀ Part 2
❀ Part 2.5
❀ Part 3
❀ Part 4
❀ Part 5
❀ Part 6.5
❀ Part 7
❀ Part 8
❀ Part 9
❀ Part 10
❀ Epilogue

❀ Part 6

5.6K 333 47
By Hetalichin

Present

|Ellie's POV|

"Wait, what happened to happened to the knights and bishops after they were resurrected?" I asked with my propped elbow and rested cheek to my palm.

"They didn't remember anything what happened in the tower so they went back and concluded that witches are fake and just invented rumors about it. But," He trailed off and felt tensed to his deep stare at me. I still kept my face blank and wrinkled my forehead. He continued, "I think they won't last long to live."

"Why is that?" I tilted my head in confusion.

"I read from a book that when someone resurrected from the dead the master or the one who resurrected them should be always with them or else they would rot to death. In other words, they're like puppets with strings because a necromancer can control them whatever he want though with my brother's absence they won't last anyway." I nodded but then I remembered another mystery that wasn't included in his account.

"I have another question, is it true witches eat humans in exchange for immortality?"

"And where did you get that?" He knitted his eyebrows.

"The rumors say it." I shrugged.

He shook his head and said, "No, it's not true and don't believe it."

"Then how come people keep disappearing in the forest?" I argued, still suspicious.

"Maybe something accident happened." He suggested with a shrug.

"But still—" He cut me off unamused. I hope he's not mad again.

"Like I said it's not true." I nodded and sighed in defeat. I looked to the window and widen my eyes as the sun were already in half behind a hill, meaning the night will fall soon and I needed to get back or else I'll face my father's doom.

"Sorry Jungkook it's getting late I have to go now! Thanks again for this flower crown." I hurriedly said and stood up but a hand grabbed my left wrist; stopping me.

"Wait!" He exclaimed, causing another flutter in my heart again.

"Will you please come back here again?" He begged. I can't resist saying yes to this attractive boy and I think I was bewitched right now. Though he's not really a witch just half but still, even without a spell he can do it right naturally. Since I have nothing much to do this vacation why not I spend my time here.

"Sure I will...Kookie" I smirked and sprinted away from him. I'm not sure but I think I saw him surprised the moment I mentioned the nickname given to him.

Hence, I ran back swiftly to my grandma's house and made it just time. My father wasn't home yet which is weird but I guess he did some outside business. We ate dinner then I did the usual routine. Before I go to sleep, I gently hanged the flower crown at the back of the door and looked at it. I reminisced earlier the time we spent together and learned the mystery of the witches and the tower. Yet, one mystery is still bugging me and that is the disappearances. I'm not convinced that it's just an accident and I could feel there's something more behind it. Whatever it is I will definitely find out.

The next day, I slowly opened my eyes and rubbed it as I sat up and looked to the blurry window beside me. I wiped it out and smiled when a very tiny white balls gradually falling onto the ground.

"Finally it's winter!" I whispered to myself.

I slid down off the bed and changed to a white long sleeve dress with a thick coat and leather boots. I went downstairs and saw my grandma preparing our breakfast.

"Where's father? Hasn't he come home yet?" I asked worryingly.

"He's not here since yesterday dear. Don't worry I'm sure he's dealing some business matters. Come let's eat breakfast." She gestured to the table to eat. I smiled and sat on the chair as we began to consume the delicious food.

An hour later, a cold wind kissed my face and pile of thick snow licked my boots. Everything looks black and white as the children playing blissfully with the snow while some of the residents trying to shave the snow out of their front house. I skipped the town square and entered the forest wherein the leaves were entirely gone replaced with snow particles and frosty ice.

When I reached the tower's destination, I saw Jungkook at the back sitting on a hanging bench. But wait, there was no hanging bench yesterday. I walked towards near him with a confounded face.

"Umm Jungkook, where did you get that hanging bench?" I asked, a white gas escaped my mouth.

He looked to my direction and I think I saw his eyes gleamed. "I made it."

"You what! Why?"

He grinned and scratched his cheeks." I just want to enjoy the winter outside if possible with..."

The last word he said was so inaudible so I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "With what?"

Jungkook vigorously shook his head and said, "N-nothing! Never mind what I said."

I wonder what's wrong with him. Is he sick? No that is impossible since he has that ring and immune to anything. Jungkook patted the hanging bench telling me to sit beside him. I smiled and didn't hesitate to come and sit next to him. I stared down to my feet hanging in the air.

"What does your parents look like?" He asked suddenly.

"My father is a merchant who really likes to travel a lot while my mother passed away since I was young." I answered feeling doleful for a moment.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't ask." I shook my head with my intact smile on my face.

"No it's alright. My mother died saving me because of the great fire in one of our estate. Sometimes I miss her though." I sighed. The next thing I know, none of us spoke again and only hear the howling of frosty wind.

"What about your parents?" I questioned trying to break the silence. He blinked and looked up to the grey skies.

"The truth is I haven't seen my father yet and I can't remember what my mother looks like. She always wears a black veil over her face even before she left the three of us in this tower."

"Creepy." He chuckled at my response.

"My mother is very traditional. It is said that every noble woman witches should wear a black veil over their face to protect themselves from being cursed but that was before. Nowadays, they wore rings instead." He explained.

"You mean like that ring?" I pointed to his index finger as he lifted his hand.

"It's my mother's ring actually. I don't know how my brothers acquired it but I'm guessing my mother lent it to my oldest brother, Jin, in case something inevitable happen." He explained. I nodded and another silence between us resumed. After a while, I shivered and braced myself when a strong icy wind passed us.

"You can move closer to me if you're cold." I snapped my head to him and couldn't believe to what he said. This is my first time to see him being affectionate despite his aloof personality. I suppressed my giggle when I saw a faint red tint on his cheeks and eyes lowered to the ground. I pressed my body beside him and rested my head on his right shoulder. Finally, I could feel the warm as I closed my eyes and another pale gas escaped my lips.

"I will probably miss you and this moment." I blurted out all of a sudden.

Jungkook jerked his head at me. "What do you mean?"

"Frankly, I and my father were just here for a vacation in my grandma's house and we'll go back to our estate soon." I clarified.

"When is it?"

"In just a few days before my birthday," I replied then I looked up to him with a grin. "Don't cry now, I will surely visit you before my birthday comes."

"I'm not crying!" He protested with a scowl on his face.

I chuckled and rested my head again to his shoulder. "Whatever."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Sorry if it's cheesy because I'm not really good at writing in romance and also I don't like characters fall in love suddenly instead I write it in progress so that you could see the development of their relationship. ^_^

Gladly accept any critic comments and votes.    

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13K 920 27
Taehyung finds a way to save Yoongi from inevitable death, but with a cost. Yoongi loses his memory and doesn't recognize his friends or even his own...
2.4M 105K 85
This story is about a girl Y/n, that was abused by her parents at a young age. She was so badly beaten she was taken into hospital and that night wou...
635 45 22
17 years old teenager named Jessica, that lives in Texas gets lost in a land she is not familiar with. As she is there runs into weird and unusual ch...
5.2K 145 18
Is it really just a game? Or is it more than just that? In where a game controls lives. Original horror text AU fanfiction from twitter user @flirtau...