21st Century Breakdown (✔ Com...

By abbymustdie

《2.15.15 - 5.15.17》 When 16 year old Gloria Kate's mom decides that she's in love with punk rocker Billie Joe... More

Author's Note
ACT I
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
A/N
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
A//N
Chapter Thirty-Seven
A/N
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Author's Note (Again)
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Public Service Announcement
ACT II
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Very Urgent; Please Read
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
•••MCRX•••
•••MCRX (UPDATE) •••
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
ACT III
WARNING
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Thank You
Me
Sneak Peak
New Book!!
fake your death

Chapter Thirty-Eight

394 27 23
By abbymustdie

The store Billie took us to was a shoe store.

"Why are we here?" Trè asked.

"Because. I wanna see something." Billie answers.

"Oh let me guess!" Trè says enthusiastically. "Shoes?"

"Correct." Billie answers, playing along. Trè sits on a seat in the store where you would sit down to try on the shoes. Trè however sat down and slumped over like a kid that was bored in school.

"Hey Gloria, what are some shoes you've been wanting but don't have?" Billie asks.

"Um... red Converse hi-tops?" He shakes his head. "Wrong answer?" I ask him. He nods in response. "Well, I've always wanted these boots. They're called Doc Martens but they are way too expensive."

"What's the price?" Billie asks.

"Around $130." I state.

Billie shrugs his shoulder. "That's nothing. You want a pair?"

I smile. "Sure." He grabs my hand and pulls me towards the back. He walks into an aisle and searches. He looks back at me and walks towards me. He grabs my hand and pulls me back to where he was.

"See a pair that you like?"

"Yeah." I answer as I pick up an all black pair with black laces. I sit on the bench and try it on. Conveniently, they fit.

After I tried them on and walked around the aisle, Trè whined about not getting a pair. Billie promised everyone ice-cream so Trè would get something too. Then, we paid for the boots.

At the food court, Billie walked up to the cashier and waited to order.

After a minute or so, the cashier comes up. "Sorry sir, I was refilling the ice cream. What can I get you today?" She asked.

"Um, I want a strawberry milkshake, Trè wants a chocolate milkshake... Uh, so does Jakob. Joey wants a vanilla milkshake and Gloria..." He trailed off and I chimed in with my order.

"I'll have an Oreo milkshake."

"That." Billie told the cashier.

"Alright. Is that for here or to go?" She asked Billie.

"For here."

"Okay. That will be $7.23."

Billie handed her a $10 bill and she gave him the change back, along with the receipt. "It'll be just a few minutes." She tells us before going to the back of the store.

Billie and I both walk back to the table where Tre and the boys were at. I sit down and listen in on tre and Jakob's conversation.

"I have a friend at school who says they can suck fifty eggs." Jakob says.

Tre laughed. "That's not possible. No man can suck fifty eggs."

"She's a girl. My friend that's a girl said she can suck fifty eggs. She said she did it last weekend."

Tre looks at Jakob. "Kid, no one can suck fifty eggs. It's impossible."

Jakob shook his head. "Whatever." He muttered.

Billie was staring out the window, not really paying attention to anything. I poked his back and he turned around to face me.

"What?" He asked, shoving his hands into the front pockets on his black jeans.

"Nothing. You just looked like you weren't entirely here." I stated.

He nodded and said, "Yeah. I don't think I am. There's something that's coming up soon, maybe in about a month or so, and I need to get it figured out."

"What is it?"

He laughs. "it's a surprise. It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you, now would it?"

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Please tell me."

He shook his head and gave a half-smile. "Nope."

"Billie!" I whined.

"Gloria!" He mocked.

I huffed and he sighed. "Fine. I'll tell you."

I smiled. "Seriously?"

He laughed and waved his hand. "Nah, I'm just kidding."

I opened my mouth and he asked, mockingly, "What's wrong, Gloria?"

"You little shit." I said, trying so hard not to laugh.

"I was about to tell you." He stated. "I almost did."

"Well yeah, but you didn't. I mean, almost only really counts in horseshoed and hand grenades." I tell him.

"True."

"So, will you tell me?"

He smiles and shakes his head. "Nope." I groan as our milkshakes are ready. Billie gets up and leaves to go get them.

Tre looks at me. "What's wrong, G?"

"Billie." I mutter.

He only nods his head, as if he knows what I'm talking about. Billie comes back and sets the milkshakes on the table. The boys, including Tre, grab theirs and dig in. I grab mine as soon as Tre tells Jakob that real men don't use straws when eating a milkshake.

"You see, real men just drink it straight from the cup. Like this." Tre demonstrated and Jakob looked amazed. "You try it."

Jakob put the glass up to his lips, tilted it up slightly, and waited. The ice-cream was not moving. With the glass still tilted up, Jakob said, "It's not doing anything."

Then, it came out of the glass. All of it.

The cold, chocolate-flavored, ice-cream poured out all over the front of Jakob's shirt and his pants.

"Goddammit, Jakob." Billie said while getting napkins. "We're in public."

Tre only shook his head. "It takes time to master the art of milkshake-drinking." Then, he took a drink of his.

"Sorry, dad." Jakob muttered. Joey only rolled his eyes and drank his milkshake through a straw.

"Jakob, go to the bathroom and try to get the rest of the milkshake out of your shirt." Billie told him.

Jakob got up and went into the bathroom. Billie shook his head and Tre laughed. "This is one of those times that I'm glad I don't have kids."

"Well, technically you have Ramona and Frankito." Billie says.

"But they don't live with me. They live with their moms."

"Moms?" I ask.

"Yeah, I was married. Twice. Had kids in both of those marriages. Ramona was born in '95. Frank was born in 2001."

"Oh." I said.

Jakob came back with wet spots on his shirt and pants. "I went to the bathroom while I was in there." He stated, sitting back down.

"In the toilet or on yourself?" Billie asked. "It looks like you pissed yourself."

"Everywhere." Tre says. I laugh and Jakob scowls.

"No, I went to the bathroom in the toilet."

"Did you wash your hands?" Billie asked.

"No," Jakob says, drinking his milkshake through a straw this time. "Tre says real men don't wash their hands after peeing."

Billie looks disapprovingly over at Tre. Tre only gave out a nervous laugh.

The rest of the day with the "Berkeley Bunch" was pretty neat. After the mall (yes, Billie made Jakob go wash his hands), we went home and found Mike sleeping. Tre and I drew... male extremities on his face but Tre was laughing so loud that Mike woke up. Me, being really short, was the first target when Mike decided to chase us. I got up and ran, a tired Mike trailing close behind. I ran upstairs and went into my room, hiding myself in the closet.

I heard Mike come in, panting, as he started checking the room for me. To be honest, I was kinda scared. I mean, me being 5'4 and him being 5'10... Yeah. I think you get the point.

I was starting to get uncomfortable. I tried shifting around, but that only resulted in accidentally knocking over some books onto myself.

"Aha! Found you!" Mike says, as he opens the door.

"Shit." I mutter, as Mike extends his arm. I grab his hand and he helps me up. "Wait, you're not going to kill me?"

"No, I am. I just didn't want you to be under a pile of books."

Mike then picks me up and hold me upside down, so all the blood would be rushing to my head.

"Mike! Put me down!"

"What?" He asks, mocking me. "Did you say, "Tickle me"?"

"NO!" I screamed as Mike started tickling me. I was screaming at this point.

I hated being tickled.

"TRE!" I yelled, flailing my arms.

Mike finally put me down when I told him I couldn't feel my legs.

"Okay, Gloria. You win this time."

I sat on the floor, legs crossed, as Mike sat down next to me.

Tre walked in and looked at me, then Mike, then walked back out.

Needless to say, nothing really happened the rest of the day.

Billie and I got in the car at 5:35 so I could go back home. Once we were at my new house, Billie looked at me.

"If you need anything, I'm just a call away."

"Okay." I said.

I got out and went up to the door. I looked back and waved to Billie. He waved back, drove off, and honked when he was on the end of the street. I laughed a little and opened the door. My mom was in the living room, watching a re-run of Everybody Loves Raymond.

"How was it?" She asked.

"Good. Yeah, it was good." I said as I went upstairs to go take a shower.

After my shower, I watched an episode of Supernatural. Then, I fell asleep, not really ready for the day of school I had tomorrow.

A/N:: So, to be honest, I'm not really sure what the heck happened with this chapter. Believe me, I had it all typed out and saved and I thought it was good when I published it. I guess it wasn't, as it only had 300 words out of the 1000 that I originally had. Anyway, had to rewrite it. So, sorry for the confusion but I hope this clarifies things.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 191 18
The story name is inspired by draco and the green apple of course 🙄. Y/n and draco grew up next door to eachother and they always hung out when they...
931K 15.9K 41
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
6.3K 67 35
Draco and y/n are constantly at each other's throats. But when Pansy comes crawling back to Draco, he needs help to make her jealous. Draco only asks...