Fires at Midnight (Cedric Dig...

Από ladyghostofarose

In the world of magic they say a veela, like a siren, is perhaps the most tempting being there is with their... Περισσότερα

1 ~ Diagon Alley
2 ~ Hogwarts Express
3 ~ Sorting
4 ~ Kraken
5 ~ Seeker
6 ~ Discovering the Danger Called Venetor
7 ~ Unexpected Rendezvous
8 ~ Hogsmeade
9 ~ The Black Lake
10 ~ Monsters and Hospitals
11 ~ Fire & Water
12 ~ Ballroom Blitz
13 ~ Halloween Thief
13 ~ Cruelty
14 ~ Hair Down
15 ~ Removing the Masks
16 ~ Waking up to a Nightmare
17 ~ Studies Abroad
18 ~ Self Inflicted Pain and Suffering
20 ~ So This is Hell
21 ~ Not So Pleasant Surprise
22 ~ Ruined Reunion
24 ~ Unlikely Visitors
25 ~ End of All Hope
26 ~ Who Will Be There For You
27 ~ Just Can't Take Anymore
28 All For Love
29 ~ Goodbye
30 ~ Premonition
31 ~ Final Fight
32 ~ Fires at Midnight

19 ~ Yearning and the Yule Ball

1.3K 33 0
Από ladyghostofarose

For weeks Vixen avoided Cedric by all means. She purposely skipped meals by either staying in her tower or roaming the forest. She was now a stranger to herself and everyone else in the castle although she had always been a vicious and dangerous stranger to most. She moved like a soulless being although at this time she never let her soul escape her body. She felt the pain and cried many tears in the privacy of her tower but she forced herself to not mutter his name.

Christmas was drawing near which also brought along the Yule Ball.

A mysterious package arrived for Vixen which she didn't open. The scent of the package gave away who it was from so there was no reason to open it. Professors insisted her presence at the ball and the package was the final touch.

Girls were getting excited for the ball talking of their gowns and who they were going with and soon the courageous Hermione Granger approached Vixen which she had not done since the beginning of school. "Who are you going to the ball with Vixen?" The messy haired girl asked timidly.

Vixen took a heavy breath before she replied. "Draco Malfoy has asked for my company."

Shock was written all over the girl's face followed by an expression that seemed as though she had just smelt something foul.

"Did you agree to go with that snake?"

Vixen nodded and replied, "After the dance we shall retire to his manor where his family has requested my presence during the holiday."

"You mean they are forcing you?"

Vixen shook her head still without looking at the girl, "I had a choice and accepted their courteous offer for it is generous and kind of them to offer me this opportunity to leave the school to recuperate from the trying year before we begin our bustling days that lay ahead."

"Vixen you know you are welcome to come with my family for the holiday if you do not wish to spend it with the Malfoy family."

"Thank you Miss. Granger for the kind offer but I must respectfully decline for two reasons. One is I have already accepted the Malfoys' offer and two I do not belong in the muggle world and do not know how to behave and believe it would be too great of a burden for you and too dangerous for your family to have me near but thank you again Miss. Granger."

Hermione smiled, "You can call me Hermione. I like to believe we are more than just acquaintances."

"Thank you Hermione." replied Vixen in a hushed tone.

It was now Christmas Eve day and Vixen had spent it sitting on the roof of her tower staring at the calm lake as snow fell. Her whole body was numb from the cold but it helped to ease the pain of her heart. She wished for her body and soul to never thaw for when it did, the pain of severing Cedric from her future pained her too much.

As the sun faded and darkness consumed the grounds a surprising interruption caught her attention. She quickly jumped back into her room to answer the door unaware as to whom had come to her tower. She opened it only a crack and to her surprise stood Hermione Granger!

"Vixen I'm so sorry to disturb you like this but I believe you are the only one who can help me with my problem. You are the only person I know whose hair is always perfect and my hair is untamable! I have to look nice for the ball because..." She stopped for a moment to blushing before she replied. "I'm going with Viktor Krum!"

Vixen smiled a bit and nodded, "Come in and I will help you!"

Hermione followed Vixen into her exquisite bedroom where Vixen sat Hermione on the baby blue silk pillow top stool in front of her vanity with the antique mirror before she started her work on the girl's wild locks and makeup. Vixen wanted to keep Hermione looking as natural as possible and just make her eyes and lips stand out. When finished Vixen had Hermione get in her dress which she had brought with her and Hermione gasped as she saw her reflection.

"You are a miracle worker Vixen!" cried Hermione.

Vixen shook her head, "Hermione you are a natural beauty and all I did was pull your hair back so the Bulgarian babe could really see your eyes. That is what the girls call him?" she asked with a smirk

Both girls giggled by the silly babe comment before Hermione said oh no! You need to get ready! Can I help in any way?

Vixen shook her head, "Nothing to worry about."

Vixen teleported Hermione to her dorm as she got into the shower and bathed in ice cold water before opening the package and to her surprise it was not what she expected.

The ball had all ready started and the champions were having their dance and Draco waited impatiently for his date at the bottom of the stairs.

"Where is that girl? I swear I will make her stay at the mansion a living hell if she stands me up!" he hissed as he paced back and forth in an agitated manner.

Just then he heard soft footstep and he jerked around and was in complete shock.

Vixen gracefully walked down the stairs in all her beauty in the golden gown he had sent her. The gown was woven with real gold and the diamonds were real. Her heels were solid gold and decorated with diamonds and the jewelry around her neck and dangling from her ears were imported from the best jeweler in Spain. The back of the gown trailed like waves down the stairs as did her haunted heart. She stared at the ground in defeat until she was at the bottom of the stairs where she glanced at Draco.

His mouth was gaped open as it was the first time he had seen her and once again she gently put her finger under his chin and closed his mouth. Her hands were like ice as were her eyes but still they were beautiful.

He finally managed to offer her his arm to escort her into the ballroom and as she touched him he felt his body go cold. As they walked she stared at the ground as if she was empty inside but as they drew closer and closer to the ballroom she held onto Draco tighter and tighter. It was clear she did not wish to attend the event. It angered Draco knowing it was probably because of that awful Cedric Diggory. At least he no longer spent so much time with her and trying to woo her.

When they entered the room gasps sounded as they laid eyes on Vixen. She didn't care if they laughed at her for she felt so lonely at this time.

He finally leaned close to her ear and softly whispered. "We can leave if you like. You are welcome to go and change and take the carriage to the manor if you please."

She shook her head and finally looked at him. "I'm sorry to ask this of you Mr. Malfoy but would you be so kind as to bring me some butter beer? I see your companions are at the table and if you wish to socialize with them then please do so and take your time. I will be here.

Draco was a bit hesitant but her cold stare seemed to almost push him away. As she stood there alone here eyes immediately found the hansom Cedric who was joyfully dancing with the lovely Cho Chang. A smile was plastered to his face as he led his date around the polished dance floor as the dark haired beauty giggling at something he had just said.

An annoying voice sounded behind her forcing her to take her eyes off the gleeful couple.

"So did you come here solo Venator?" hissed Lidia.

"No I did not" replied Vixen in a hushed tone. "Draco Malfoy courted me here this eve."

Lidia was now enraged. "How dare you steal my date! I am stuck here with Blaise Zambini now! Why did you have to ruin my night? You always ruin everything Vixen! However I know you cannot ruin my holiday! I have been formally invited to the Malfoy mansion for their new year's party!"

Vixen could have easily rained on Lidia's parade but decided not to when suddenly Lidia got serious and sympathetic.

"Vixen? Are you all right? You seems as though you have no will to live!"

Vixen jerked her cold eyes to Lidia with confusion as to why she was suddenly being kind. A sympathetic and concerned look was deep in Lidia's eyes as she waited for a response.

"Miss. Blaylock," Vixen softly said, "There is no need to worry so about me."

"Vixen have you been in love? I thought it was forbidden to Venators and Letalis Basiums!"

"It is forbidden and I know and understand that and will obey my family's laws!" snapped Vixen.

"Vixen you don't have to have to be strong all the time! Not everyone is out to get you! I know we have had our disagreements in the past but I honestly feel that it was because we were jealous of one another. Well I am jealous of you! I believe it is time for me to put that aside and actually get to know you! We know more about one another than anyone else in the entire school and country for we have grown up together. Please talk to me Vixen!"

Vixen's glazed eyes looked away when suddenly she felt an even colder feeling in her stomach.

Draco appeared next to her with a goblet of butterbeer which he handed to Vixen. "Good evening Lidia." He calmly greeted.

Lidia's cheeks began to blush as she flirtatiously replied, "Good evening Draco. I see someone has caught your attention here."

What Vixen herd next made that cold feeling even worse.

"My parents insisted I take Vixen so she would have a safe journey back to the manor and so we wouldn't be late. I had every intention of asking you Lidia!"

Lidia's mouth dropped to the ground. "Vixen is going to your manor for the holiday? As in she will be attending the ball?"

Draco nodded as flames reflected in Lidia's eyes. But when she went to look at Vixen she was gone.

While Lidia and Draco were talking Vixen saw Cedric whisper in Cho's ear followed by kiss her cheek and that was all she could take.

She managed to get outside without being noticed and then she began to run into the Forbidden forest. Once deep in the forest she began to slowly walk. Many creatures came out to look upon the intruder but simply by her essence they knew not to cross her for she was very deadly even with tears streaming down her pained porcelain face.

Her breath hung heavy in the cold air as she kept walking in only her gown and heels. Not a coat or any sort of protection lay upon the sad child except the thin silk that covered only her front and legs. She walked until she came to the edge of the lake. No one would follow her through the forest or dare approach her there. The snow began to fall harder and Vixen now felt numb.

She let her finger tips touch the top of the water and trail around her and she began breathing harder and her heart beat like thunder!

She finally collapsed to her knees in the icy water where she clasped her face in her hands as she cried. Her tears were warm and thick as they stung her crystal eyes until she looked at her hands and they were stained red. Her tears were blood! Was this the beginning of purging herself of the pain and becoming heartless like her mother?

A twig snapped behind her and she jerked around to her feet ready to fight. Whoever it was would not be leaving the forest tonight!

Nothing appeared there but Vixen could hear someone breathing. The breaths were short and ragged as if they were struggling to simply breathe. She took a step onto the shore with full attention before a stout fellow with buck teeth came into view carrying something in a dark cape.

The wind blew her way sending both creatures' scents to her which was just enough to identify the strangers.

"Peter Pettigrew and Tom Riddle! What do I owe this visit!" she snapped harshly

The stout fellow hissed at her, "How dare you call the Dark Lord that! You will be punished child!"

He lifted his wand to zap Vixen as she stared at him daring him until a raspy voice interrupted. "I gave no order." hissed the Dark Lord in a ragged voice. "Miss. Venator we meet at last. Let me express what an honor it is to be in your presence and I hope I will see much more of your smiling face."

"Tom Riddle you must be blind in your weak stage for you will never see a smile upon my face you impotent fool."

The Dark Lord let out a chuckle. "I may be blind but I am not deaf or stupid Miss. Venator. You stand there with a broken heart I see and I can help with that!"

"You must first possess a heart to have one broken! Now leave my sight before I make you leave!"

He chuckled again and without hesitation Vixen brought her arm around as though she was throwing something and a ball of ice came flying at Pettigrew and Voldemort sending them flying through the trees. She had enough of this place so she transfigured herself into a peregrine falcon and began to fly to the Malfoy manor where she escorted herself into the room she knew was to be hers for she saw her suit case open in the corner with all her belongings hanging up. She silently took off the icy golden gown and wadded it up and threw it in the corner before getting into her black silk night gown. A fire was blazing and the bed was warm but Vixen quickly changed that by changing the flames to ice and opening the window to let the winter cold fill the room before removing all the blankets except the sheet.

There she lay staring at the ceiling for hours as painful memories waved through her of Cedric. It hurt so much to see him with Cho and a part of her wished that it was her even with the knowing he was doomed to death.

She wanted Cedric and at times admitted that she needed him, however she loved him too much to allow him to succumb to such a horrific fate.

Fate was an unkind mistress to Vixen and she knew her sufferings were far from over.

*~*~*~*~*

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

6.4K 417 23
Severus Snape Fanfic story. Professor Snape is the epitome of a strong and brave man who is willing to put himself in danger to save the child of the...
51.6K 1.8K 29
And so, with our last tale coming to a close your relationship is blooming, friendships are on the mend and your timetable is back to a manageable af...
717 59 30
Seraphina Snow made quite the name for herself in her first year at Hogwarts. While her sixth year was pretty ordinary in comparison, her final year...
269K 8K 70
❝ 𝐈 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 (𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐞𝐝), 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧, 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 �...