The Boys Next Door

By lollyyypop112

Stephenie Gilbert lives next door to four boys. She's grown up with them and they are the best of friends. W... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
5 - Let the Games Begin
6 - Tomato?
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 - Pretty Girl
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Part 16

Chapter 13

31.6K 549 211
By lollyyypop112

❥ please watch the video on the side. It's sort of like a promo for my new book idea which I will start soon...so please watch and tell me what you think ❥ (I know the video is kind of rubbish, but just say whether you think the books a good idea =D)

The Boys Next Door

This chapter is dedicated to Readmedotcom for sticking with the story and being a faithful readerno matter how long it takes me to update. THANKS =D x

Chapter 13

Stephenie’s POV

Saturday 10th September 2011

12.00 noon

The girls and I slouched against the counters bored out of our minds. It was surprisingly quite for a Saturday lunchtime. Lana was doing a crossword and occasionally dancing to the music on the radio. At the moment Moves like Jagger was playing...and Frankie- I frowned. She was asleep?

Her head was resting on her arms which were folded over on one of the counters and she was snoring lightly. Obviously last night had taken its toll on her too, huh?

“Any orders yet?” called Blake from the kitchen. Yeah he was the chef for the lunch rush, and he was actually pretty good at it as well. Obviously took after Susannah, with the whole culinary whizz thing going on.

“No,” I groaned, watching the slow ticking of the clock. Tick, tock, tick, tock. “Where the hell is everyone?!”

“You’ve got them moves like jagger...MMOOOOOVEES LIKE JAGGER!” sang Lana. Rather loudly I may add.

As if god answered my prayers, a sudden rumble of people came in through the doors of the restaurant. But as soon as I saw them my heart fell again. Why did they have to be these people, why couldn’t it by some nice old couple who compliment the cake, not your ass.

“Not it,” said Lana quickly.

“Not it,” mumbled Frankie, who had suddenly woken up. I narrowed my eyes, why did I always loose at that game. Great, now I had to go and serve the idiots. It’s not as if my morning had started of too great in the first place. Well scratch that, it was cool, waking up next to Cole and all, but after that, nothing much good happened after that.

“Fine,” I grumbled and stalked over to the group of rowdy guys. They looked older than me, mid twenties maybe, and a couple of them looked slightly familiar. Probably from one of the Ryan’s parties I decided.

“Are you ready to take your order?” I said standing at the corner of the table. One of the guys flashed a smile at me... “Sure sweetheart. Can I get a...” he pondered for a minute, his eyes glazing over the menu, “I’ll have an all day Breakfast.” Laden with calories, obvious choice...

But I nodded and noted it down anyway.

“Make that two,” yelled a voice. I nodded again and wrote x2 next to it.

“Three,” added a hairy guy...Eewww. Keep your cool Steph, only two guys to go.

The fourth guy looked up and met my eyes. Okay, I admit he was hot. And he didn’t look as old as some of the other guys here either, possibly around 21? His eyes were greeny/grey, which contrasted perfectly with his dark, sexy hair. He sent me a small smile. Sweet baby Jesus, he looked like a model. “Could I have a Panini?” wow even his voice was sexy.

“Sure,” I put on my best voice. “What would you like in it?”

“What have you got?” he asked.

“Umm...anything,” I replied, getting lost in his swirly eyes. For some reason I had forgotten that we were talking about food.

“I’ll have ham and cheese then,” he said, bringing me back to reality. I sighed softly and wrote it down dragging my eyes away from sexy dark haired stranger, too the next guy.

After I had collected everyone’s orders and collected in the menu’s, and resisted calling each and everyone of them (apart from sexy dark haired stranger) perverts for staring at my ass everytime I moved. I went back behind the counted to hide with the girls.

“Sooo, we totally saw you eye shagging that guy over there,” whispered Frankie, “naughty Stephenie, cheating on Jeremy...”

OH CRAP...that’s right. I had a boyfriend didn’t I? Yes he wasn’t real, but I wasn’t supposed to let anyone know that. And then there were my feelings for Cole to contend with. Talk about confused.com.

“I wasn’t eye shagging him,” I protested.

“It’s okay Stephenie, we won’t tell Jeremy. Your secret’s safe with us,” said Lana. “Though, I didn’t think you the kind that cheats on their partner.”

“Come on guys, that’s hardly cheating-”

“Three all day breakfasts up,” interrupted Blake pushing three plates laden with greasy foods, into view. Don’t get me wrong, I did love a good English breakie now and then, but preferably in the winter months, when it was cold and you needed the extra fat it gives you for insulation from the crappy English weather.

But it was like 20 degrees outside. Weird for September, but anyway. Far to warm for this.

“I took the plates and did my best balancing them on my arm. For once my cheerleading skills actually came in handy. Well that and beating Cole on the dance machine.

I smiled, that was a great day.

But now I had work...so I made my way over to the guys table plonking the plates down. The three guys dug in quickly, not waiting for their companions to get their meals. I shook my head and turned, but not before I saw sexy dark haired stranger send me a wink. Well I think he did anyway...or maybe I was just hallucinating.

I went to collect the Panini and Toastie and made my way back to the table setting the Panini down ‘nicely’ infront of him, and just plonking the other guys toastie down.

“Thanks,” sexy dark haired stranger said, with a slight amused expression.

“If you need anything else just call me,” I said shyly. God, why couldn’t I keep away from him? Walk Stephenie, walk now!

“How would I do that?” he asked.

I looked at him confused. “I haven’t got your number,” he said smoothly. Ahhh right. Duh! I went slightly pink.

“I meant just say my name, Stephenie. I’ll be over there,” I pointed towards were the cash register was sitting. Then I started to walk away.

“Can I have your number anyway? I might loose my voice,” he smirked.

GO ON, tell him you have a boyfriend!

“Umm...”

“I won’t spam you, I promise,” he smiled...that amazing smile...

BOYFRIEND!

But I don’ have a real one!

Which is why I ended up scrawling my number on his hand in Sharpie.

Saturday 10th September 2011

5.15 pm

“Hey!” I didn’t even bother looking round when Jeremy came up beside me and slung his arm casually around my shoulder. “What’s my favourite girl up too?”

“Jeremy, there’s no one around, you don’t have to pretend...” I said as we continued to walk through the park. I really needed to get to the gym. The squad were doing an extra practice this evening and considering I was co-captain, I should probably be there.

“Who said I was pretending, maybe I just like having company...and technically you are my favourite girl at the moment, Christie’s pissing me off. She keeps talking about Cole this, Cole that.”

“So we’re pretending for no reason?”

“No! I mean...maybe she’ll come around soon. Just a little more time,” Jeremy protested. I groaned, whatever, I really wasn’t in the mood to argue with him.

We got to the gym, five minutes before the practice started. Arriving there with Jeremy hanging off my shoulder, yeah, that earned me some evil glares.

I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and then he left to go and lift some weights. I stumbled into the locker room, changing into a white singlet and some shorts that I always practiced in.

“Hey Steph,” said Madison as I walked into the big hall. She was dragging a couple of blue mats out into the middle of the room. “I didn’t see you last night?”

“Did you go?” I asked surprised.

She smiled. “I’m not going to skip going to the hottest party of the year just because I broke up with HIM.”

“Oh, yeah right. I was hanging outside by the pool with Jeremy and his friends,” I said, taking one mat from her.

“That’s probably why, I just stayed inside the whole night,” she set her mat down with the rest of them.

Saturday 10th September 2011

6.30pm

*Stephenie*

The practice went great. Well apart from the fact that one of the new girls collapsed, whilst we were trying out the pyramid. We think she sprained her ankle or something because it was all swollen and red. Ouchh...

I was just opening the door to head home when someone tried pushing the door against me. It was one of those doors the go both ways, like swing doors?

No idea what they were called really.

Obviously the person on the otherside of the door was much stronger than me because next minute the door collided with my face and I was falling backwards.

“Arghhhh!”

“Shit. I’m really sorry- Hey wait, Stephenie right?”

I looked up into the face of sexy dark-haired stranger. “Oh hey,” I said, blushing up at him. Why did I have to be on the floor?

He helped me up. “Well this is a coincidence, though I was pretty sure that you had given me a duff number this morning because I never got a reply,” he flashed a smile holding up his phone.

“Oh, I haven’t looked at my phone all day. I actually gave you my real number, for once.” I said looking away. He was so good looking!

He chuckled, “for once?”

“Yeah...we get a lot of really weird guys in the cafe sometimes,” I laughed with him.

“What like my friends?” he raised an eyebrow and I become very aware of how close we were. What the hell Stephenie, you only just met this guy? I mean I didn’t even know his name.

“What...pfft...no...your friends are cool...”

“It’s okay, I know their idiots,” he smirked. “So as we’re here now, did you want to go and get something to eat?”

I laughed. “I don’t even know your name...”

He winked, “it’s a secret, so what do you say?”

Ummmmmm.....ticktock...say something!

“Stephenie?” How awkward was this conversation?

“Oh..umm...yea-”

“Stephenie?” Wait? That wasn’t his voice. I glanced to the side and saw Jeremy standing there gaping at us. I stumbled back from sexy dark haired stranger.

“Jeremy! You’re still here?” I said, I didn’t know whether to be thankful that he’d interrupted the awkward conversation or to be annoyed.

“I was waiting for you. You ready to go?” he said glancing between me and sexy dark haired stranger. That was a mouthful, I really needed to learn his name, after all he knew mine.

“Umm..yeah.” I turned to the guy next to me, “Rain check?”

“Sure,” he said with a smile. “I’ll hold you to that. Remember, I know where you work.”

With that he brushed past me into the guys locker room. I sidled up to Jeremy and started dragging him out the gym. “Who’s that?” he asked.

“He’s just my friend.”

“What’s his name?”

“I don’t know yet.”

“Why?”

“Jeeez Jeremy, whats with all the questions?” We were walking through the park again, the sun was setting in the sky casting it a weird orangey colour.

“I just want to know. You’re supposed to be my girlfriend. If you go out with that guy people are going to start thinking stuff.”

“I go out with Cole all the time and people don’t start saying stuff,” I argued...but then it reminded me of Cole and how he knew me so well. But then again Cole already had his mystery girl.

“That’s because they already know that you guys are close friends-”

“Look Jeremy, you’re starting to act like some jealous boyfriend and it’s kind of creeping me out. This relationship isn’t real...” He looked sort of hurt at this, then again I realised how much of a bitch I had sounded.

“I’m sorry Jeremy, it’s just, after this...when Christie realises that she likes you, we’ll just break up, and that guy, he’s really nice. We’ll probably only just be friends anyway. I’ve only just met him though...”

“Yeah I get it,” Jeremy said. “So did you want to get something to eat?”

“Actually Jeremy, I’m really exhausted, I might just go home.” I said apologetically.

“Okay, I guess I’ll walk with you. Considering I live next door and all...”

“Jeremy! Just go...have fun, go hang with your friends.” I shook my head, what had gotten into him?

“Okay,” he winked. “Love you girlfriend,” then he jogged away.

Weird...

~

So I just freaked myself out. Theres a rose outside the window and I thought it was a hand...you know like in those horror movies. And no, I'm not an idiot it was just really dark outside and it seriously looked weird!

What TEAM are we on? COLE? JEREMY? or mysterious new guy...?

Anywayy!

VOTE

COMMENT COMMENT COMMENTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PEACE! 

<3 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 4.2K 30
OCEAN EYES| Solange Walton, a sixteen year old girl who vowed to hate summer, not because it was hot but because year ...
405 68 16
Jess has had a hard life. Her dad died at a young age and her mom blamed her for his death. Her mom remarried a creep who abuses her. Her step dad g...
29.5K 1.6K 33
Luke Adams wasn't interested in the Kissing Game until his crush, Ella Baker, says she'll only date the guy who wins the game. But no one will pass h...
4.8K 77 65
"I had found the woman I wanted to marry... Until I screwed it all up." Eighteen year old Jarrett Parker lives in a house neighbored by his one and o...