The Badboy and The Bookworm

By Dasiey1661

Lucas Brooks, your average Badboy. Owns a motorcycle, popular with everyone. But what if he wasn't complete... More

Chapter One: The Playboy
Chapter Two: The Diner
Chapter Three: Before The Sleepover
Chapter Four: The Sleepover
Chapter Five: Emerald eyes
Chapter Six: The Encounter
Chapter Seven: The Fiancé?
Chapter Eight: The Restaurant
Chapter Nine: The Bookshelf
Chapter Ten: Glow in the dark Books.
Chapter Twelve: The Hangout.
Chapter Thirteen: The Operation: Part One

Chapter Eleven: How to make a Cliff hanger.

39 1 0
By Dasiey1661

This is dedicated to Dreams-flare, for freaking everything! Thank you for voting/commenting. You're the best McShorty!

Lucy's pov:

   When I left them last night, I didn't realize this would happen. I mean of course I wanted to concentrate on Barry Allens sexy voice, but I decided to leave those two alone for a while.

   Best. Plan. Ever.

   If my love life is off the charts crazy, who says my best friends has to be? Exactly. Nobody.

   Ugh. Just thinking about the whole Drew situation is giving me a headache.

   After I took a few pictures of Levy and Daniel I decided to leave those two love birds alone.

   I went to my room and grabbed my keys and laptop, I'm going to go out to eat. I turn my light off then continue my way downstairs to the door.

I shut the door then continue to go down the stairs to my car. I hop into my car the plop my laptop in the passenger seat, then drive off.

   I open my console to grab my new Panic! At the Discos new album, 'Death of Bachelor.' I need to memorize all the songs by June 10th, it's mine and Levys best-friend anniversary. What better way to celebrate it with a week out of town, and seeing our favorite band.

   I push the cd in, then I start hearing it's beautiful melody... A few songs later I arrive at the diner.

  I grab my laptop and step out of my car, then walk inside to my usual booth.

   "May I take your order?"

  I glance up at the waitress who gave me a small smile as she was getting ready to write.

    "Yes, I would like... Cinnamon pancakes, hash browns, and Coffee."

  After she wrote down my order she gave me a curt nod, then walked to the back kitchen.

  I open my laptop to go on Google Docs. Apparently other than having a weekend, I have to start writing a paper for class.

  I stare at the blank space, as if it's taunting me. He wants us to write about something personal... Suddenly an idea popped into mind, I begin to type.

  'My life is planned for me. I have no control. It wasn't always like this.

   Before my mother died, at least. We were a happy-go-lucky family that didn't worry about much as long as we had eachother. Then she died.

   My father changed drastically. Instead of seeing smiles and him taking care of me, he drowned himself in work.

   His life revolved around it, consuming him after all these years. The only time he ever talks to me is about his business.

  Freedom. This is all kids like me want. Freedom to make our own choices. Not letting others make them for us.

  Love. So we know we're wanted other than for business matters. That they think of us for other than those reasons.

  That were not sone pawn to their game.

  This is all I want. But now I have come to my senses to realize that this will never happen. Only a beautiful lie, but this is the painful truth."

  I sigh as I finish typing, I look up from my laptop to see my food and drink already on my table.

  Wow, I was really getting into writing this...

  Before I save it, I gave it the title of,'The Painful Truth.' Then I shut my laptop.

  I grab my fork and cut into the pancakes, how long has it been since I've had these?

  I put a bite in my mouth, savoring the taste of cinnamon... Definitely to long.

     I set my fork down and grab my coffee cup, before I could pull it to my lips somebody sat down in my booth.

  I raise an eyebrow as he takes a bite of my pancakes. I sip some of my coffee, then snatch my fork away from him.

   "What are you doing here? Scratch that. Why are you eating my food?"

   Lucas grinned at me, "The real question is, why did you take the fork away from me?"

  I roll my eyes at him as he signals the waitress. The waitress rolls her eyes then comes over to our table.

   "How may I help you?"

   "I would like the same thing she has."

   The waitress wrote down the order then walked to the kitchen. I give him a 'what-do-you-think-you're-doing' look.

   "Well, since I can't get ahold of Daniel I decided to come here. Which I found you sitting by yourself, and what kind of guy would I be if I left you alone?"

  "Last I saw Daniel, he was at my house sleeping in Levys room. It was actually pretty funny, she freaked out. I guess you could be my company..."

   He gives me a laid back smile, as he stretches his arms. I then notice he's not wearing his usual clothing; he's wearing black sweats, light blue shirt, and a black beanie.

   "Here's your food and the check."

  The waitress places the food on the table and the check on the edge of the table.

  "I like the new look you have going on,  it's very different... A good different though."

   He raises an eyebrow at me as he cuts his pancakes.

  "A good different? What do I us sly dress like?"

I glance away from his gaze, "Oh shut up. Can't you just take a compliment?"

I hear him chuckle as he takes bite of his pancake.

  "You don't look so bad yourself. I like it, it's very different from your usual skinny jeans. You should wear shorts more."

  I take a sip of my coffee, then push my plate forward. I open my laptop back up, then sign into my Netflix.

  "What are you doing?"

  I look at him, "Waiting for you."

I type in my username and password, then click on 'How to get away with Murder.'

I turn down the volume as the screen illuminates the intro to the last episode.

~One Episode Later~

"YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING!?"

How can they end the season like that? That should be against the law. Those freaking cliff hangers.

"Are you okay there?"

I glance up from my laptop to see Lucas smiling at me with a eyebrow raised.

"Yes. I'm extremely well. The creators just ripped my heart out and threw it, as it fell then shattered to a hundred pieces. Yes, I am okay."

He chuckles as he signals the waitress over towards us, "The cliff hanger got me too."

The waitress takes our plates and silverware, I pull out my card from my back pocket then hand it to her.

"No, no, no. I don't think so. I'm paying."

"Oh shut it. You gave me some company, so there you go."

He grins at me, "Fine. But I'm paying next time."

   The waitress hands me my card as I close my laptop and stand up. I look over to see Lucas staring at me.

   "Are you ready?"

   "Ready for what, exactly?"

   I give him a smile, "To hang out of course. Most likely they're still at my house, so we could all hang out."

   He flashes me a grin as we both walk towards the door, he opens it for me and gestures me to go out. Before I could step out, I hear a couple muttering to eachother as they watched us.

    "Ahh. Young love, remember when we were like that?"

    "Yes dear, I do. But I love you now more than ever."

   I quickly stepped outside hoping that Lucas wasn't listening to the couple. I sneak a peek at his face to see no sign of recognition from what the couple said.

   We walk to our vehicles and stand beside them, "Well see you there..."

  "Yeah erm- till then..."

  I hopped in my car then rest my head on my steering wheel. Well... That was interesting.

  I hear his engine roar to life as he speeds away, I turn my ignition on, then back out of my space and start to drive home.

  Ah... I wonder how this day is going to end up... Hopefully I made the right choice to invite him over.

A/N
Pardon my French... OMFG! I got  
266 people reading this story!? Thank you guys! Even if you don't vote nor comment. But Thank You to the people that do! I promise to update this weekend! Well byeeee!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 6.4K 26
Katie Reynolds is the most popular and liked person at school. Being the head cheerleader, having the friends, boyfriend, and supposed money, she see...
640K 13.9K 61
Charisma White , your typical bookworm beautiful girl no one really expected that one day she will get the eyes of Adam Hills bad yet dangerous guy...
1.6M 7K 6
*KING BOOK 1* C O M P L E T E D || Highest - #11 teen-fiction ~ 12/01/19 || ||Highest - #11 love ~ 01/03/19 || || Highest- #1 Humour ~ 28/03/19 ||...
248 27 10
Another day, another school year Great... Stella Wright is just trying to survive her second to last year of high school. She is the quiet girl who d...