Achieving Light [Book 2 of Th...

By keiyani

The war is over. Voldemort is dead, and slowly, his followers are being captured, and sentenced to life in Az... More

Chapter 1: Siren of Death
Chapter 2: A Legacy Lost
Chapter 3: The Key to Death
Chapter 4: Living Horrors
Chapter 5: Summoning the Siren
Chapter 6: Regaining Love Lost
Chapter 7: Downward Spiral
Chapter 8: A Puzzling Letter
Chapter 9: Another Spy, Another Obstacle, Another Abnormality
Chapter 11: The Marauders
Chapter 12: Attack and Arrival
Chapter 13: Next Objective
Chapter 14: Of Spies and Family
Chapter 15: Tragedy Strikes
Chapter 16: The Forgotten
Chapter 17: Amnesia and Awakening
Chapter 18: Sirena's Warning
Chapter 19: Betrayals and Lies
Chapter 20: Death Takes What Is His
Chapter 21: Cherish These Days
Epilogue!

Chapter 10: Spy Attack

1.2K 44 10
By keiyani

A/N: Dedicated to ElleLoughran, because frankly, I'm now terrified of her. Have you been taking lessons from Zwerple? :) Love ya both! And thanks, Elle, for being such a great fan and an amazing person.

Also...sorry about the shortness...and the cliffie. :) I felt like it. Plus, I wanted y'all to have a quick update, and I wasn't sure when my next update would be. So...Refavoment! The more votes, the quicker the update (if homework is light)!

~~~

Harry Potter pregnant!!! Potter family thrilled!!!

The dark clouds are rolling away, and a patch of sunlight is shining through. Earlier this week, yours truly discovered an astonishing secret: the famous Savior of the Wizarding World, Harry Potter, is pregnant! The brave hero himself, accompanied with his husband and Inima Draco Potter nee Malfoy, agreed to give an exclusive interview to this inquisitive reporter for the Daily Prophet.

When asked about a reason as to the sudden pregnancy, Harry replied with a laugh. “What better way to show that we can recover from the recent war than by starting a family?” he asked. “If Draco and I can start again, so can the rest of the Wizarding World, even amidst our grieving.”

And so we can, my loyal readers. Even though we have just survived the darkest war of our time, we managed to vanquish the Dark lord, and so gained the opportunity to rebuild; an opportunity that many fine wizards and witches will never be able to experience. I challenge you, loyal readers, to go about your lives, living the life that people like Mr. Potter fought for you to have.

The best of wishes go out to Harry Potter, that he may have a successful pregnancy, and that a healthy new addition be made to the family. Already, students and faculty at Hogwarts are holding their breaths, anxious for the baby and for Harry. This is happy news indeed, and just what a world starving for happiness needs.

For the full interview with the Potter family, see page 3. For more information on grief counseling and other resources for those touched by the war, see page 6.

Article Author: Rita Skeeter, reporter for the Daily Prophet

~ + ~

There was a muted thud, and a louder oath. Draco raised an eyebrow, warily pushing open the door to the bedroom. He ducked, as a shoe flew past his head. “Harry?” he asked, crossing his arms and standing in the doorway. “Is there a reason why our room looks like a storm passed through?”

Clothes were strewn everywhere, and the culprit was standing by the wardrobe, a frown on his face. “None of them fit,” Harry growled, crossing his own arms over his swollen belly. The rapid growth of it had caught him off guard, for it had only been three months; how much bigger could he get in another two months? All but a few of his clothes didn’t fit him anymore. Only the old hand-me-downs from Dudley and some old sweatpants fit. Even those were a little tight. He’d been resigned to wearing his baggier robes. “I’m fat,” he wailed, plopping down on the edge of the bed.

Draco fought the urge to roll his eyes. Honestly, he could put up with the weird cravings, and the lethargic days, but a moody Harry was not fun. Careful not to enrage Harry, Draco made his way over to the bed and sat beside Harry, wrapping an arm around his thickening waist. “Harry, you’re not fat,” he sighed. Harry let out a stubborn huff. “That’s our baby in there…are you calling our child fat?”

“No…” Harry said slowly.

Draco set a gentle hand on Harry’s stomach. There was a feather-like kick, and, as always, it thrilled him. “Sure, you can’t fit your clothes now, but that’s because you’re carrying another being inside of you. C’mon, Harry, you should be happy! In two months, we’ll have a baby!” Harry grimaced.

“I hate feeling fat.” This time, Draco really did roll his eyes, but he was careful to avert his gaze, keeping Harry from seeing. He kissed Harry’s forehead.

“You’re not fat…Madame Pomfrey wanted us in the infirmary. I think we get to find out what it is, Harry. We can stop calling the baby an ‘it’. Doesn’t that sound nice?”

“I’m not a little kid, Draco,” Harry retorted. “Don’t talk in that tone.”

Gritting his teeth and pleading to Merlin for patience, Draco sighed. “Alright, Harry. I’m…I’m sorry. Let’s just go see her, okay?”

With a muffled grunt, Harry pushed himself off the bed, standing heavily. “I don’t fit anything,” he complained again. Draco held up a pair of trousers.

“Did you trying an enlarging or stretching charm?”

Harry frowned. “No, I didn’t think of that,” he admitted. “I guess it might work…”

“It’s all we got for now…don’t worry. Just two more months, and we’ll be scot-free.”

Draco took Harry’s hand, and rubbed it with his thumb. Harry gave him a hesitant smile, then quickly redressed in baggy robes, before allowing Draco to lead him out the door.

The bulge that was Harry’s stomach protruded slightly, but the shifting of the robes hid the majority of it. Still, that didn’t stop a few students from pointing and whispering, before smiling at the couple, nor did it stop a few of the bolder girls from walking up and asking to touch Harry’s stomach.

“I feel like a freak show,” Harry muttered, as soon as another pair of girls moved on.

“Be glad. Most guys would kill for the attention we get from the ladies,” Draco grinned. Harry eyed him jealously.

“Bet you’d rather be with one of those pretty ladies, hm?” he asked sullenly. Draco frowned, snapping his gaze to Harry.

“Don’t be ridiculous, Harry. You’re my husband and I love you.”

“Now I’m ridiculous?”

Now Harry was just being irrational. Draco again gritted his teeth, and sucked in a deep, calming breath. “I didn’t say you were. I said your actions were. Relax.”

“Hmph.” Harry stormed off, and Draco had to speed up. He was still a few steps away from Harry when a sudden red light jetted out of nowhere, striking Harry from the side. Seeing his Inima collapse, Draco darted forward, his wand instantly drawn.

His panicked grey eyes caught nothing except the glimpse of a fleeing, cloaked figure, and he shot a stunner at the figure, missing by several feet. But Draco had more serious things to think about than following the person that had hexed Harry.

Draco all but fell at Harry’s side, noting the fetal position Harry had curled into, arms latched over his stomach. As students began to flock by the area, drawn by the sudden cry, Draco attempted to pull Harry’s arms away. “Harry!” he cried, catching sight of the gashes across the other’s midsection. A shocked gasp reached his ears, and Draco looked up, his face pale. “Somebody go get Madame Pomfrey,” he pleaded. A fourth year Hufflepuff nodded her head, and dashed off, as a sixth year Ravenclaw moved forward.

“Let’s start moving him there,” he said shakily. “Otherwise she won’t get here in time.” Seeing the wisdom of the boy’s words, despite his fear, Draco nodded. He stood, gently pulling Harry up with him, unable to gather him into his arms because of the recently added weight. Instead, he was forced to move at a much slower pace, as the Ravenclaw, Alex Heffley, helped him bear Harry’s stumbling weight.

A low moan came from Harry, as sweat beaded his forehead. “The baby,” he whispered. “Draco, help me…”

“I’m here, Harry, I’m here,” Draco murmured. He ignored the continued shouts of alarm from students all around, and barely registered the other students forming a protective circle around Harry and his entourage.

“Draco! We’re here,” Pansy gasped as she and Hermione ran up, followed by Blaise. Another student trailed behind them, obviously having run for them as soon as the attack had happened.

“And so is Pomfrey,” added Hermione. Sure enough, the Mediwitch shoved her way through the throng of students, instructing them to back off, as Draco propped Harry against a wall.

“Harry, I need you to move your arms,” she said gently, but firmly. Harry didn’t seem to hear her.

“The baby,” he kept repeating. “Help me…”

“We want to help you, Harry…move your arms!”

Harry curled into a tighter ball. “Don’t let them hurt it…”

Draco, panicking, grabbed Harry’s wrists and began to pry them away. Harry struggled at first, but Draco made him meet his eyes. “It’s alright, Harry…I’m here…I won’t let anyone hurt our baby,” he whispered soothingly.

"He wants it..." Harry whispered. Draco's eyes widened. "Death...he wants to steal my reasons to live...one by one..." His face became sallow and cold, and the eerie voice didn't sound like Harry at all. "One by one, he will lose all that he has to live for...and then he shall be mine..."

"Harry!" Draco snapped. "Death, leave him alone." Was no one else seeing this? Judging by the still scared expressions, he didn't think anyone had heard the exchange. A low chuckle sounded in his mind, and a lingering whisper rang out.

He shall be mine...

A greyish gleam flashed through Harry's eyes, then they once more became the brilliant green. "The baby," he whispered, his voice and appearance back to normal.

"It's okay, Harry...Madame Pomfrey's going to help..."

Slowly, Harry began to relax, and he let Draco peel away his arms, allowing Madame Pomfrey to inspect the wounds. Professor Snape pushed his way through the crowds as well, having been alerted by Blaise on the way over.

“I brought potions,” he stated, his brow furrowed.

“A cutting hex,” Madame Pomfrey murmured, ignoring him at first. “But not Sectumsempra. One meant to damage internal organs…”

As Snape knelt down beside her, inspecting the wounds, Draco met her eyes.

“Madame Pomfrey,” he began desperately. “The baby…is it…?” Had Death won?

She met his gaze with a grave expression.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

269K 7.9K 47
(Book trailer first chapter just saying) ~The ones that love us never really leave us~ The wizarding world is not as it once was. War is peaking in t...
679K 14.9K 36
The Wizarding War is over. Voldemort is dead. The Wizarding World is now peaceful. Wizards and Witches are still reminiscing about the past. Hermion...
3.1K 46 62
Y/n Potter just found out that she has a brother. He is supposedly the chosen one. She was expected to study at the same school as Harry, hoping they...
574K 10.7K 67
Coming from rich families, Draco and Blair both had everything they could ever ask for...except love, but hey, who believes in that anyway? So, when...