So Long To Yesterday--- ON HO...

By angelwing218

Katia is facing the last weeks of high school with the plans to leave for college the day after graduation... More

So Long To Yesterday
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 1 Journal Entries)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 2)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 2 Journal Entries)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 3)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 4)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 4 Journal Entries)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 5)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 6)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 6 Journal Entry)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 7)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 7 Journal Entries)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 8)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 8 Journal Entry
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 9)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 9 Journal Entries)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 10)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 11)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 11 Journal)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 12)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 13)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 14)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 15)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 15 Journal/Internet conversation)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 16)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 17)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 18)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 18 Journal)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 19)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 19 Journal/Internet Conversation)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 20)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 21)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 21 Journal entries/ emails)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 22)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 23)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 24)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 24 Journal/Internet Conversations)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 25)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 26)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 28)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 29)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 30)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 31)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 32)
So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 33)

So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 27)

3.8K 58 8
By angelwing218

So Long To Yesterday

By: Stacy Leonhardt Gravely

© All Rights Reserved – 2011

27.

Katia woke up the next morning to loud blaring sound of her alarm clock blasting country music.

“Oh holy shit!” She cursed as she flopped out of bed desperately trying to get to the clock as quickly as possible. Finally she got the horrible little machine to shut up and she rested her head back against the side of bed.

Last nights events came back to her plus the raging hang over began to set in as Katia slowly moved her body up right. Looking over her rumpled bed, Blake was no longer in bed. But where did he go? Looking around his clothes were still on the floor, and the bathroom door was wide open. Just then the sound of clanging pans came from the kitchen.

Peeking around the corner of the kitchen, Blake stood at the stove humming along with the quietly playing country music as he cracked eggs into a cast iron skillet. His naked back was appetizing as he moved about.

Trying to creep into the kitchen with out him noticing her, Katia tip toed, but soon found that one floor board that was dead set that she wouldn't complete her task as she hoped.

“Good morning Kitty Kat.” Blake smirked over his shoulder. “Hungry?”

Katia sighed letting her shoulder sag, “Yeah.” Walking to his side, Katia looked at the stove to see sausage links already sitting out, gravy, and fresh biscuits waiting for her to eat. “God, Blake, this looks so good.”

“Yeah, well I came in here hoping to find some cereal or something to eat and all you have is that gravel you call cereal. So I thought you needed a proper breakfast.” He finished scrambling a half dozen eggs and pushed them onto a serving plate. “Dig in, babe.”

It all looked good, Katia hardly knew where to start. Picking up a plate she loaded up on biscuits covered in gravy, sausage links, and eggs, she knew just eating this would cause her pants to be tight, but how could you turn down this food?

Blake filled his plate and sat down across from Katia at the table. He watched her trying to eat nicely but she was failing as gravy dribbled down her chin. “Good?” He chuckled as Katia looked up at him surprised and blushing.

“Yes, very.” Katia giggled. “Thank you for cooking.”

“It's nothing, plus the carbs will help with soaking up that wine in your system.” He grinned widely as he took a large bite from a biscuit. “So let me make up for last night please, can I take you out tonight?” Blake looked at her his eyes twinkling as he awaited her answer.

“But I thought, Hailey...” Katia nearly choked on her food at the mention of going out and being publicly seen together.

“After today, I won't be too worried about it. I called Rich last night from my mom's, he's looking into having my lawyer to move up my court case. It seems that this would be considered a desperate situation, so we may be able to settle the custody hearing within a week or two.” Clasping his hands together he leaned forward on his elbows, “Plus, don't you worry about being seen with me. Nothing about you would risk my custody of Faith. Hailey already signed that deal for herself with the crap she pulled last night.”

Katia nodded as she smiled sadly, regardless how much she seriously disliked Hailey, she didn't think that Faith should grow up with out a positive female in her life. Plus she wondered how Hailey felt about not seeing her daughter.

“So what do you say, Kitty Kat?”

“Um, sure. I should be home around six. Pick me up around seven?” Grinning she felt her cheeks flare a bright red. Even after being with him years ago, and almost rekindling their previous feelings, Katia still blushed like it was the first time.

“That works, dress comfortable.” He winked as he stood grabbing his now empty plate and rinsed it off.

“Comfortable?”

“Yep. Jean, comfortable shirt. Comfortable.” Disappearing around the corner, Blake went to dress coming back with his shirt still unbutton and his jeans slung low on his hips causing Katia's breath to hitch in her throat.

So many naughty thoughts flew through her mind at that very moment, hell she was tempted to sling everything from the table to the floor and beg that he took her right there. She flushed at the very thought of being ravished on the kitchen table.

“Well I need to go change before running to the farm then to court.” Blake stated as he sat down strapping his boots on.

Katia shook the provocative thoughts from her mind as she watched him. His moves intrigued her to no end. Everything about him called to her she longed to watch him day in and day out, even if she sounded like some deranged stalker.

“I'll see you later then?” Katia asked, ensuring he plans to keep his promise of taking her out.

“Definitely. Not even Hailey could stop me.” He grinned as he stood up starting to button his shirt. But instantly Katia rose and helped him batting his hands out of the way as her tiny fingers moved much faster than his. “Thank you.” His voice husky and deep as he looked down at Katia.

Bringing up his hand he pushed back some of her dark brown hair from her face and cupped her cheek tenderly. “Until later.” Leaning down he pressed his lips softly against Katia's, taking the very breathe from her. “I'll message and let you know what goes on. Okay?”

Katia gasped as they broke away and answered back in a dazed stupor. “Sure.”

“Bye, my Kitty Kat.” He placed one more kiss on her forehead before walking out the back door.

She touched her lips gingerly as she watched his shadow move past the windows. Katia desperately wanted to throw open the door and call out to him, scream to him her love. Yes, her love. The years she tried to run from her feelings for Blake had finally caught up with her, and the flame was burning brighter than any forest fire ever burned.

__

Blake was again waiting in the court room awaiting for his case to be called on. Across the room Hailey's mother and aunt sat staring daggers into Blake as he remained straight face hoping that the next case would be his.

The court officer announced the small recess and mentioned the next cases in the line up. To Blake's good fortune he was next. As he pulled out his cell phone he clicked on Katia's name and sent her a small message letting her know that he was next and would let her know what was going on once he knew.

“Good luck! <3” Blake smiled at the small simple heart, though he never thought much of it before but even that small gesture made his day brighten a bit. Anything that dealt with Katia was the highlight of his day.

“Mr. Trinton?” Blake looked up seeing his lawyer's assistant, Jamie, a rather young pretty girl.

“Yes?”

“Mr. Stanison sent me down to watch over the proceedings. Plus after this I will need to get some signatures and a written statement from you to present to the judge to move up the court date.” She sat down two seats away from Blake opening her brief case to pull out the needed paper work.

“Okay. I'm supposed to be up next, after this recess.”

“Very good.” Jamie gave him a professional smile as she redirected her attention to her paper work.

“Is this your new whore, Blake?” Hailey's mother seethed at him from a few chairs away. “I knew you were no good for my daughter, and now you plan to take her baby away. You ungrateful bastard!” Her tone getting progressively more violent as she ranted on, quickly turning heads in her direction.

Jamie held out her hand hoping to refrain Blake from blasting back at her. Blake just smiled calmly as he refused to honor her with an answer, which as always only proved to piss her off further.

Just at that moment the judge walked back in as Hailey's mother was starting another wave of cursing and slandering, quickly catching his attention.

“Ma'am, do you wish to leave my court room?” The judge's authoritative voice boomed through the room commanding everyone's attention at once.

The angry mother snapped her jaw shut as she sat down mouthing her apologies as she clung her purse to her person. It was easy to see she was beyond embarrassment, Blake knew that Hailey's family was full of crazies, but never suspected it was nearly that bad.

“Very well. Will Mr. Blake Trinton please step forward.” Blake stood up and walked to the table and addressed the judge. “So what can I do for you again, Mr. Trinton?”

“Judge Barnes, it seems my wife has broken the protection order when she barged into my mother's house last night trying to make off with my daughter. Then she attempted to assault me but was quickly restrained by the police.”

The judge nodded and held out his hand. “Let me see the police statement please.” Blake handed the papers over the court clerk and waited as the judge read over the papers. After a few minutes the judge turned to the guard at the door nodding, “Bring in the girl.”

The doors opened up and Hailey was escorted in wearing her dingy clothes from last night, her arms were cuffed behind her as she was led by two other officers.

“Well, Mrs. Trinton, I see you have saw fit to go against the protection orders I issued, then attempted to inflict personal harm on your husband and damage to his personal property as well as his mother's. What do you have to say for yourself?”

“I wanted my daughter.” Hailey barked out as she sneered at the judge then turned her sights on Blake.

“Well, at this moment, young lady, I'm going to issue a restraining order against you. You are NOT to go anywhere near your husband and daughter until the court issues other wise. That is including your family. If anyone of your family breaks this order I will have their butts sitting in the county jail so fast they heads will spin! Do you understand me?” The judge spoke to her as if he would his children, but sometimes with these young kids they only respond that way.

“Yes.” Hailey snapped.

“And to you, Mr. Trinton. I suggest you file for an emergency hearing on the custody of your daughter. I will include that in my notes, and the judge proceeding can speak to me if he'd like.”

“Thank you, sir.” Blake smiled politely as he received his papers back and waited to be released. He could barely contain his excitement. Hailey HAD to back off or go to jail. He was hoping he didn't have to wait too long to allow Katia over more often.

__

Katia went through her day excited about what would happen possibly later that night but she also found herself nibbling on her nails about what happened at court.

She had received messages when he was up next, and then after saying that all was well. Blake didn't care to emphasize on what exactly went down, and for that it made her nervous. The unknown always worried Katia to no ends, and this time was no different.

As she closed up her office for the day, she bid the rest of the staff and some of the families good bye for the evening. She knew Amanda used to spend many late evenings here, but never had a family. She often wondered if the shelter was just that to her, a family. No doubt that Katia loved her job, it gave her a sense of fulfillment and happiness helping her fellow woman. But she wanted a family of her own.

Katia wanted a husband, babies, the whole enchilada!

Pulling her car into her drive way, Katia picked up her purse and bag she toted all case work in and walked to her door. But something caught her eyes as she walked up to the door. Laying by the door, a beautiful bouquet of spring flowers. Their colors were vibrant and their smell was sweet and delightful.

She unlocked the door dropping her belongs just inside the door to turn around and retrieve the flowers. Picking them up she sniffed them, their fragrance tickled her nose, and noticed a note nestled among the petals.

Bringing them into the house, Katia kicked the door closed behind her as she made her way into the kitchen. She laid them on the counter fetching the crystal vase from under the sink. Before she removed the flowers she fumbled with the tiny envelope that had her name scrawled across it.

“Katia,

I know things were right before, just not the right time. I want to make them right now.

Love, Blake.”

He wanted to make them right now? Oh God! Katia thought as her eyes grew wide.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 148 30
Yn hasn't had a good past back in her secondary school days due to drama. She claims that she want's to turn her life around as her parent's have sen...
45.3K 1.1K 28
City girl, Jada, is forced to move to Texas from New York and she is less than happy about it. Little does she know what awaits her. *I do not own an...
53K 1.1K 28
(COMPLETED) short story after her parents' death, emma moved to Florida with her aunt who have a spoiled and selfish daughter and a husband who is a...
494K 14.9K 34
It was after high school graduation at Lakewood High. Claire Santa Rosa is just a normal 19 year old girl who wanted to finish college. She never had...