Welcome to Hayleywood

By minalovesmaine

Hayley always thought she knew everything about Hollywood-until now. Ever since her new neighbor, Cameron, mo... More

Chapter One: I Must Be Dreaming
Chapter Two: Please Just Catch Me
Chapter Three: Love On My Mind
Chapter Four: Passenger Seat
Chapter Five: Kiss & Sell
Chapter Six: The Great Escape
Chapter Seven: No Way Out
Chapter Eight: Punch-Drunk Love
Chapter Nine: Mr. Right
Chapter Ten: Car Crash
Chapter Eleven: The Mess I Made
Chapter Twelve: Gives You Hell
Chapter Thirteen: Uptown Getaround
Chapter Fourteen: Into Your Arms
Chapter Fifteen: What She Really Wants
Chapter Sixteen: Better Than Revenge
Chapter Seventeen: So Obvious
Chapter Eighteen: Kaleidoscope Heart
Chapter Twenty: Terrible Things
Chapter Twenty-One: Friday Is Forever
Chapter Twenty-Two: I Guess You Can Say Things Are Getting Pretty Serious
Chapter Twenty-Three: What You Do To Me
Chapter Twenty-Four: The Boys You Do
Chapter Twenty-Five: Fall Apart
Chapter Twenty-Six: Miserable at Best
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Both Sides of the Story
Chapter Twenty-Eight: You Don't Wanna Know
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Can't Stand It
Chapter Thirty: Something to Believe In
Chapter Thirty-One: Misery Business
Chapter Thirty-Two: Can You Find Me
Chapter Thirty-Three: You and Only You
Chapter Thirty-Four: Six Feet Under the Stars

Chapter Nineteen: The Way We Talk

2K 16 0
By minalovesmaine

I don’t think I’ve ever had a night more incredible then the last. Cameron, ah, it just makes my heart melt every time I say his name, his probably the best, most-heartfelt guy that I’ve ever dated. And, yes, I know what you’re thinking ‘he’s probably the only guy you have ever dated, Hayley’ but that doesn’t mean it will all fall apart by the end of the summer, right?

          Well, I’ve got better things to worry about right now. Tonight is The Scene party in honor of their offices launching here in Hollywood. It’s supposed to be a big event-paparazzi and all, and I have to admit, I’m kind of excited for it. I’ve already picked out my dress for the occasion-a long, shimmery navy dress with pretty cut-outs along the back and sides. I’m wearing my favorite heels with it and a pretty sterling silver pendant with a little piano dangling from the ends. For earrings, I’m wearing matching teardrop earrings.

          Most importantly, I can’t stop thinking about Cameron. Oh, and just to get one thing straight in case you’re wondering where things went from there-we did not and I repeat, DID NOT have sex. No, not in a million years. Sorry, just felt the need that I should clear that up so you don’t get confused as you make your way through my crazy Hollywood life. Alright, now what was I going to say? Oh, yeah, Cameron. He’s great. I wonder what he’s going to wear tonight? Maybe he’ll wear that cologne that I like.

          “Okay, Hayley! You need to stop thinking about Cameron!” I tell myself. Goodness, gracious! I’ve never had myself falling for a guy head over heels.

          I go to the bathroom to do my makeup and get ready. I’m out the door and in Cameron’s car within an hour.

          I prop open the door and manage to squeeze in, dragging my long dress with me.

          Cameron smiles, “You look really nice, Hayley,” he says.

          I grin, “Thanks,” I glance up at his tux, “You look really great, too.”

          He starts the car and we pull out of his driveway. “So are you ready for tonight?”

          “Yes, as ready as I’ll ever be,” I declare. “I hope everyone likes our music.”

          “They will, I’m sure. It’ll give them something different too-Lady Gaga or Rihanna all the time can start to kill brain cells.”

          “Good thing we didn’t put any ‘A Day to Remember’ or ‘Black Veil Brides’ in there,” I joke.

          “Or Andrew W.K.,” Cameron adds.

          “Are you kidding? Andrew W.K. is hilarious! And inappropriate-he’s perfect for Hollywood.”

          “I think you mean Jeffree Star,” Cameron jokes.

We both start laughing. Ah, our little music jokes that no one will ever understand.

          We finally reach the venue and Cameron opens my car door for me. I try to step out, but it’s hard considering all the fabric that’s weighing down my dress. Cameron offers me a hand and helps pull me out.

          “Thanks,” I say, smoothing down the bottom of my dress.

          “No problem,” Cameron says.

          We walk past the paparazzo that have started to show up and act totally natural. I’m not really sure if Hollywood knows that me and Cameron are kind of a couple besides the whole story in the magazine.

          We go inside and head over to the table with all the controls for the sound system.

          Cameron takes out the iPod touch that we’ve preloaded with over 500 songs for the night. He plugs it into the system and presses play. Friday is Forever by We the Kings starts blaring.

          I watch as he messes around with some of the controls. “Look,” he points to a knob. “If you turn it, it makes the lights in the room beat with the music.”

          I reach over to turn it, but can’t seem to get it to turn. “Umm, it’s not budging.”

          Cameron puts his hand over mine and we twist the knob clockwise together. I can feel the static rush through my body as Cameron touches me.

          I look up at the lights and see that he’s right-they’re moving to the exact rhythm. “Now, that’s cool,” I admire the flashes of neon colors.

          “I know,” Cameron agrees.

          “Hayley, you made it!” Sara rushes over to me hauling around a cart of the gift bags that I assembled.

          “Of course, why wouldn’t I miss it?” I give her a hug.

          “Okay, the bitch wants you to put all the gift bags over there,” she points to a huge display near the back of the room.

          “The bitch?” I question.

          “Stacy,” Sara gives me a knowing look.

          “Come on guys, is she really that bad?” Cameron asks.

          We both glare at him.

          He throws his hands up in surrender. “Alright, alright. I had no idea,” he admits.

          “Obviously,” I say under my breath as we set up the gift bags on the table.

          “Hey, Hayley! We’re so happy to see you,” Mandy, the strawberry-blonde, throws her arms around me. Her short sparkly silver dress glitters in the dimly lit room. She’s wearing heels (Betsey Johnson, I think, I have the same pair) and a small clutch rests under her arm. She’s with Amy (no surprise), who is standing behind her in a coral dress.

          “Hey, it’s nice to see you too,” I lie. Gosh, why won’t they leave me alone?

          I think Cameron notices considering my happy, excited face has gone somber and wretched.

          I swear Cameron and me have this connection built inside our brains-we don’t have to say what we’re thinking, we can easily know what the other person is thinking. He looks at me worriedly but thanks to our ‘connection’ I’m able to tell him that ‘it’s okay’.

          “Is this your boyfriend, Hayley?” Mandy bats her eyelashes at Cameron.

          Bitch. I’m about to- “Yes, as a matter of fact, he is,” I stab back at her and link my arm around Cameron’s.

          I can tell he’s pleasantly surprised, but that’s okay, he can get used to it. At least ‘till they leave. I swear, sometimes when people play dirty, you have to play dirty too-even if you’re too nice of a person, like me.

          Mandy and Amy leave quickly (thankfully). Yeah, they sure were excited to see me with my boyfriend. Take that bitches!

          “So, what was that all about?” Cameron asks once they’re out of earshot.

          “Just a few prima donnas that I work with,” I sigh.

          “You hate them, don’t you?” he questions.

          “I mean, yeah, I do. I’m obviously not ‘wanted’ by them. Another down side to the job. But, it’s okay, there are plenty of people like them,” I explain.

          “Yeah, listen Hayley, I don’t think it’s a good idea to hang out with them,” Cameron warns me.

          “Don’t worry, that won’t be a problem. The only thing is, they just seem like they’re all over me.”

          “Whatever you do, don’t let them take advantage of you. And knowing you, you won’t let that happen.”

          I smile. “Nope, not on my watch.”

          I give him a hug, as if a reward for the advice. 

          More people begin to come inside and soon the place is packed with celebrities everywhere.

          Cameron and I chill for most of the night at a table near the back of the room in one of the corners talking about mostly music and just other casual things.

          Towards the end, one of the slower songs we put on the playlist comes on and we both agree to get up and slow dance.

          Cameron puts his arm around my waist and I rest my head against his chest. The moment is practically perfect, it’s almost as if me and Cameron are the only ones in the room. Once I lift my head and the song is over, Cameron gives me a nice, passionate kiss on the lips. Well, it was perfect until I see Mandy and Amy sitting standing together and giving me the evil stare. They’d seen everything. Oh, great. Just great. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4M 296K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
116K 5.6K 44
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
116K 4.8K 198
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...