Against all Odds {Middle-Eart...

By Ithildaeforever

"Nice fighting out there. You are finally getting better." She joked. He smiled and rolled his eyes, "Thanks... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Epilogue
Authors' Note

Chapter Twenty-Five

40 9 7
By Ithildaeforever

The wedding day came quickly, and Markis ran off to town to pick up the dress. Nikandros was setting up an area for the ceremony with Thea when Markis came over. Markis motioned Nikandros with his eyes, and walked away.

"I gotta take care of something. I'll be right back." Nikandros smiled at Thea, and walked towards Markis.

"Here's the dress, sir." Markis produced the dress from behind his back.

Nikandros grinned, "It's perfect. You can go." Markis nodded and jogged away. "Thea!" Nikandros called.

Thea looked over, "Yes, dear?"

Nikandros grinned to himself and hid the dress behind him, "Can you come here?"

"Sure." She came over, "What's going on? Is everything okay?"

"I have something for you." Taking the dress from out behind him, he showed it to Thea. "This is for you."

Thea's jaw dropped, "I...I don't know what to say? Honey, how did you get this?"

"Well, it was my idea. Hammond paid for it- as a wedding gift- and Markis ordered it and picked it up." He smiled, "Do you like it?"

"I love it!" She gushed. Thea felt the soft fabric between her fingertips, "It is so beautiful." She reached up and wiped and tear that dropped down her face.

"Go get changed!" Nikandros shooed, "I gotta check with Ulric to see if he's ready."

"Okay." Thea took the dress from her fiancée's hands and walked away, grinning brightly.

Nikandros grinned and went to find Ulric.

Ulric was standing around looking very nervous.

Nikandros walked up to him, "Ready?" He asked, smiling.

Ulric smiled a nervous smile, "I think so. I've never done this before, though."

Nikandros grinned, "You'll be fine." He patted Ulric on the back, "I'll see you soon." Nikandros turned away and walked back to the ceremony area. Getting back to work, Nikandros continued setting it up.

A minute later Thea hurried over, grinning from ear to ear. She stopped in front of Nikandros and did a half twirl, the simple white dress hanging gracefully off her form. The dress was beautiful. It was pure white and had a wide band of lace wrapped around the waist. The lace acted like a belt, and tightened the dress around Thea's waist. From the waist, it flowed gracefully to the ground and stopped there, with no train attached. The sleeves were the same fabric as the dress. They were short and uneven, flowing simply over Thea's shoulders. Nikandros caught his breath as he saw Thea in it, her hair flowing down her shoulders.

"You look amazing!" Nikandros smiled, tears filling his eyes. He wrapped his soon-to-be wife in his arms and smiled again.

She looked up at him, half laughing, half crying, "I feel so weird...and actually pretty!"

"You've always been pretty." Nikandros smiled, "Shall we get started?"

"I'm ready if you are." Thea took a shaky breath and smoothed out her dress. Nikandros withdrew from the embrace and offered his hand to Thea. She accepted it and walked with him to the wedding ceremony.

Ulric was standing in the center of the area. As he saw the assassins aproaching he walked over to them. "Should I call everyone?" Ulric asked.

Nikandros looked at Thea to see what she preferred. She shrugged, "Whatever you want, Dear."

Nikandros grinned, "Call them in. Thea, we need to get out of sight. When everyone is seated, then Ulric can announce us, and we can come out."

Ulric nodded. "Come on everyone!" He bellowed, "A wedding is being held!"

Nikandros led Thea out of sight, "I put the fruit into a bowl that we can serve at the end." He smiled, "It's happening Thea, it's really happening."

She grinned, "It's all so surreal."

Nikandros laughed, "I'm so happy, Thea."

Soon they heard Ulric's voice call out, "Now for the bride and groom to come forth!"

Nikandros sucked in a big breath, "Ready?"

"Yes, Nik. Let's go!" Thea pulled on his hand.

Nikandros led his bride out into the view of the crowd. Nikandros and Thea heard the scattered murmurs approving of the bride and groom. Nikandros squeezed Thea's arm and together they walked over to Ulric.

"Thank you." Thea whispered to Ulric.

Ulric gave a brief nod, and faced the crowd.

"We are gathered here today" he began, "to witness the wedding of Nikandros and Thea." He said loudly for everyone assembled to hear, "We will begin with the vows. Nikandros," Ulric turned to face the couple, "Repeat after me."

Nikandros nodded, and Ulric began, "I, Nikandros,"

"I Nikandros," Nikandros repeated.

Line after line, Nikandros repeated, "Take you, Thea, to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, in sickness and in heath," Nikandros could barely say the word sickness, for it reminded him that Thea would only have a short time to live with him, but after a nudge from Thea, he said it.

"For richer or for poorer, til death do us part. I promise to love you and always take care of you." Nikandros repeated the last few lines and glanced lovingly at Thea.

"Thea, repeat after me," Ulric said to Thea, and Thea repeated her side of the vows.

"Nikandros, you may kiss your bride."

Nikandros turned to Thea, grabbed her by the waist and lifted her up in a twirl. He set her down, and kissed her deeply.

The crowd erupted in a single, "Aaahhh."

"I love you, Thea." Nikandros whispered, and kissed her again. Thea was beaming. She was ecstatic, and gripped Nikandros' hands tightly.

"I now announce," Ulric boomed out, "for the very first time, Thea and Nikandros as Mr. and Mrs!" Nikandros grinned and lightly kissed Thea again. The small camp clapped loudly for the joyous couple.

"Now for celebration." Nikandros announced.

Thea dragged Nikandros by the hand over to where the bowl of fruit was. She grabbed two apples and pushed one into her husband's hand. She grinned mischievously, "Are you ready?"

Nikandros looked uncertain, "Ready for what?"

"Well isn't it tradition to feed each other during the celebration?"

"Yes..."

"Let's do it then, Silly!" Thea raised her apple up.

"Ah." Nikandros raised his apple up as well.

"On three. One, two, three!" Thea pushed her apple into Nikandros' face with a giggle as he did the same.

"Thish ish good!" Nikandros exclaimed through a mouthful, and then broke up laughing as he heard himself.

Thea swallowed the large chunk of apple in her mouth and laughed, "That was delicious!" She gushed. She put down the apple and smiled deviously, "Now how about a kiss for your wife?"

Nikandros swallowed, "Of course." Grabbing her by the waist he tipped her backwards, holding her tightly. Then, he kissed her and gazed into her eyes.

The camp gathered around, pulling out some of their other food and creating a celebration. A man brought out a guitar-like instrument and filled the camp with music.

Nikandros led Thea over to a soft patch of grass and they sat down together.

"This is the best day of my life." Nikandros noted to Thea.

"You know what? It's mine too." She smiled and held back a cough, trying not to ruin the moment. Nikandros wrapped an arm around Thea and closed his eyes.

As they sat quietly gazing into each others eyes, the sun went down beneath the trees. Gradually, the camp lit up with torches and campfires. Everyone gathered around the fires, trying to keep warm.

Abruptly, the joyful celebration was disrupted when a large group of soldiers burst into the clearing. One of the soldiers in front held a knife to a man's neck.

It was Sameil.

Duh duh...DUHHH! Cliff hanger!!! Woohoo! Heehee *dodges books and tomatoes* Okay! Okay! Sorry...not...but at least it was a sweet chapter! :)

But please spread the love seriously though by commenting, voting, or following! Seriously! Please please please! It means so much to us!

Thanks guys!

Ithildae, Evara, and Aris

Writers:
Sameil: Ithildae
Hammond: Ithildae
Nikandros: Evara
Thea: Ithildae
Fendrel: Ithildae
Ulric: Evara

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

478K 25.8K 52
[A Wattpad FEATURED story!] She's been King Thranduil's close friend for a long time. But when a shocking rumor about his past comes to light, it sha...
164K 7.3K 27
It has been over seven decades since Arya left everything she knew behind. Friends, foes, Legolas. Now, an old enemy is threatening Middle Earth, and...
75.9K 1.9K 32
The quality is bad lol, but it was very important to young me, so no hate, pls. Nymeria just wanted a quiet life in the woods, alone. But somehow fa...
536K 27.1K 106
Eda is a flight-risk mercenary with a bad track record. Living on half-payments from uncompleted jobs, she hopes that her luck will change. And it do...