Story of a CONFUSING life

By Innocentmuslim

"Story of a CONFUSING life" is just an example of the ups and downs of teenage life. Some people may have tou... More

Story of a CONFUSING life
Chapter#1 Here in a new world
Chapter#2 The traditional fools
Chapter#3 New people and new life
Chapter#5 The hidden truth-my biggest day
Chapter#6 The tutoring session
Chapter#7 Hostel life
Chapter#8 It isn't easy to differentiate
Chapter#9 Game and relationship
Chapter#10 When everyone becomes anonymous
Chapter#11 A bad boy once
Chapter#12 It's detention time!
Chapter#13 A person from the memory lane
Chapter#14 A sea change
Chapter#15 Back to sisterhood

Chapter#4 The untold pain

317 35 16
By Innocentmuslim

Chapter#4 

The untold pain

-Haniya Saleem-

Notes? What notes? Maybe Mustafa had to talk to someone about the notes. I gathered the courage to ask Amna just because of my curiosity, 

 "What notes? What is Mustafa talking about?"

"Oh yeah, notes," She paused for a moment and said, "The senior year has an English test tomorrow and Mustafa borrowed some notes from Ali so he has to return them tonight so that Ali can study too. As we had the plan to come here, so Mustafa couldn't return the notes. Thus, Ali is coming over here to get them. He has called Mustafa for the house address. Don't worry! Mustafa will inform your parents about it." 

 "It must be a long way though from his house to ours," Rabia said thoughtfully. 

"Yes. Probably because you people live in the outskirts of the city," Amna replied.

"Ali Murtaza?" I asked.

"Yes, the same Ali. He is a very good friend of Mustafa." Huh, friend! Why did that disliked person had to come over here? Anyway, let's see what happens next.

"Sorry guys. I am back." Mustafa returned saying that. 

 "How much time more?" Amna questioned. 

 Maybe an hour." 

 Thank God!! We continued playing until Mustafa got a call. Too quick??!!  

"I am here already." I could hear the voice on the other side of the phone. Gosh! Am I a good listener?

Just then the door swung open and mom stood there,

"Everyone! Come downstairs now. The dinner is ready."

"Hold a minute," Mustafa responded to Ali and then spoke, " Aunty, my friend has arrived. He has to travel a good distance from here. He is in a hurry so I am just going to hand these notes to them." He showed my mom the notes.

"Ok beta! But why? If he has to travel more then why not call him in for food now. The dinner is also ready. You will spend a good time with him and he will also be in a family. You tell him to come in."

There comes my mom's hospitality. But why for this person???

Mustafa was about to put the phone with his ear when Ali said,

"No, no, no Mustafa. I am in a hurry and I have to study as well. Maybe some other time."

I guess he had heard the conversation of my mom that's why he didn't need any explanation from Mustafa. And what's this "maybe some other time!!?", do you think I am going to open the doors for you? I will shut them on you!!

"But Aunty is saying------"

Mom took the mobile from Mustafa and spoke, 

"Beta! It doesn't matter. Just half an hour. Come and have your dinner here otherwise you will be hungry all the way. Come on! Be a good boy."

"Ok Aunty!" At last, he agreed.

********************

I washed my hands and reached at the dining table. There were ten people already: five from Amna's family, four from mine because I was missing and one new-comer, Ali Murtaza.

The table had eight chairs, so three persons had to sit on sofa. Mustafa agreed alongwith Ali, though Mom doesn't like guests to sit on sofa but then she agreed as they would accompany each other. As we were the hosts, so I was sent to entertain them as the third person. Gosh! What kind of entertainment can I give them?

First I took the serving plate of Biryani (a dish of rice with spices) in one hand and yoghurt in the other and served them. All the dishes for tonight are my favourite! I don't want him to spoil my day!

Ali didn't notice my presence but when he saw me serving him, he was astonished. Where in the world could I be in front of him anyway? He smiled and I smiled back to show a sign of hospitality. I know that I will have to paste the smiley sticker on my face for A.M. It's up to you, you can call it Anti Meridian or Ali Murtaza. Whatever!!

There were several more dishes which I served them. After a while, he spoke, 

"Do you have water? "

What? Why? What do you think man? We won't have water in our house which is the most important thing in life!! You are just teasing. Can't you just ask May I have water? But above all this, I could just say, "Yes. Wait a minute." And I brought it and served him too.

After the meal, it was desserts time. We had two sweet dishes, mango custard garnished with mango chunks and vermicelli (with milk). I had prepared them because firstly, I love desserts and secondly, for a special family but I didn't know that some jerk would also come to have it.

"Yummy! the custard and vermicelli, both are very delicious abd tasty, Aunty." Amna told to my mom in a low voice. 

"It's Haniya who prepared it." Although my mom whispered it but I could hear it from far. I messaged Amna,

"Un-huh.......a special dish for a special person and family made by Haniya."

I smiled and looked at her, waiting for the response. She read the message, which was obvious by the light falling on her face, and smiled at me in appreciation.

I think Ali had seen everything that was happening because he too said,

"The desserts are delicious." This was said in a tone enough for me to listen but not to those on the table.

I glared at him but he smiled which showed that he knew about it already. He's a good listener like me, but he's getting on my nerves!

Alhamdulillah! After he had had his dinner, he left with the notes. We spent a little more time with Amna's family and they also left.

********************

It's second period, Chemistry. I don't understand what is Sir Ahmed saying. Actually, I can understand it only and only if I concentrate but that is the main lacking.

I looked around the class and saw just few students making notes for Sir's lecture but the pen in my hand was still. Rachel, who is always interested in guys but not studies, is sometimes flipping her hair and constantly glancing at the boys in the class and passing smiles. I don't like that way of hers. I don't mean that she should adopt some other way, but she shouldn't do such things at all! 

Fine! I am going to borrow the notes from Alizey, one of the best students in the class, for break time. She is present-minded right now.Well! she always is. And she writes good and clearly as well. That will help me some.

When the period was over, I stood up so that I could ask Alizey for the notes because she leaves every class quite early if she doesn't have any queries.

"Miss Saleem!" I was proceeding towards her when Sir Ahmed stopped me, "I would like to have a word with you."

"Yes, Sir." I unwillingly agreed.

"Miss Saleem! I have seen that you don't take much interest in Chemistry class and also don't get that good grades in Chemistry. Though if you try, you can do it. Any problem?"

Sir told me the right thing that was happening with me always in Chemistry class. BULL'S EYE!

"Uh....Sir, just lack of concentration and nothing else." I could hardly speak of my own defect.

"So, I guess I will have to arrange a tutor for you because I am quite busy. The tutor will be chosen from the senior year. Just don't forget to ask me about it at pack up time. I will arrange for the tutor by that time. Now you can go."

"Ok Sir! Thank you sir!"

I exited the classroom on getting the green signal from sir. Huh......Now I would have to find Alizey where-else-not! I just have few minutes. The next period is going to start. I should better find her or else I am dead with Chemistry.

I checked all the places where she could possibly be but no victory. I saw one of my classmates in the corridor and ran towards her,

"Fatima! Do you know where is Alizey?"

"Uh, sorry. But I don't know about her whereabouts."

"She might be in the library." Someone answered me from an angle of 45º and when I looked at the person speaking, I came to know that it was not a person, there were persons. The four-men fooling group! It was Ali Murtaza who answered.

"Yeah, yeah. She might be there. We saw her going there."

I didn't thank them but just glared and walked away. A little farther, I began to run. The library is quite far from here. I turned round the corner in a hurry and bumped into someone. All my books fell on the floor scaterred. I looked up and saw a quite cute guy with brown eyes and brown hair. He was fair and had his hands in the pockets of his trousers.

"Sorry! Actually I was in a hurry so......" I started picking up my books.

"Haniya?" He asked me while helping me. I followed his looks. He was reading my name on my book.

"Yeah, that's my name. What's yours?"

"So strange. Not a common name. Hi! I am Edward... Edward Wilson."

"Hi. Nice to meet you Edward. Maybe some other time. I am in a hurry. Sorry! Thanks and bye!" I smiled and left. He smiled back.

That's the library at the end of the corridor. Now I had slowed my pace and I was walking towards the library door with heavy footsteos because I was too tired of running. I was near the door and was about to open when I heard some voices nearly as if whispering.

"No! You can't do it. Please try to understand. I am still so young. Please give me a chance!" That was Alizey's voice, pleading.

"I understand it. But it's just possible if you get A-1 grades in all the subjects. Then I can think of a consideration."

I think that was the librarian. And who else could that be? Whom was she talking to? And about what?

Suddenly I heard some sniffing sound. Was she crying? My brain was alert and heart was shattering into pieces. I had held my breath for the next shock.

********************

That was the end of the 4th chapter. I don't edit any chapter (Feel lazy to edit) so just enjoy the chapter without being edited. You can inform me about any spelling or grammatical mistakes. You are welcomed!

Read, vote and comment!

Love,

Noty.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Until Now By Julie

Teen Fiction

8.7K 773 24
Maisie had planned to dedicate this summer to going out with friends, staying single, and concentrating not only on her job at Layla's, but also her...
4K 93 29
COMPLETED✅ Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...
1M 35.9K 42
#1 in Teen Fiction - 26.03.2020 #10 in Romance - 04.10.2020 #1 in Unrequited - 21.02.2020 #1 in LoveTriangle - 01.01.2020 # 14 in Angst - 20.20.2020 ...
1.9K 241 21
We talk about this unending unfairness revolving around the world but, did fairness really exist to begin with? Was it your idea? My idea? Read the...