Sparks Fly

By moreaboutjesse

San Francisco is a place where things are constantly happening. Morning to night, the city is a buzz with col... More

Chapter 1 - *Ignited*
Chapter 2 - *The Socialites and The Townies*
Chapter 3 - *Challenge Accepted!*
Chapter 4 - *Hangout*
Chapter 5 - *Invisible*
Chapter 6 - *Changing Hearts*
Chapter 8 - *Late Nights and Empty Cups*

Chapter 7 - *Coffee Prince*

143 6 5
By moreaboutjesse

After taking their french class, the three ladies Liberty, Trinity, and Dawn walked their way inside the "HAVA JAVA" coffee house, it's the girls favorite hangout spot for a chitchat or meet-up place. The shop sign "NOW BREWING" can be seen hanging on the coffee shop doors meaning that its open.

Inside, red walls, bookcases and chestnut brown tables can be seen, the dim yellow lights are already lighted to have a cozy and comfy aura.

"I just love this homie kind of feeling." Dawn cheerfully said, pulling out a romance pocket book from her bag.

Also, the strong bitter aroma of ground coffee beans mixed with a frothy smell of vanilla and caramel drifted in the air, soaking into each of the three girls clothes as they made their way to the bar, behind it is the newly hired barista Noah Howard, around the same age of the girls, they were greeted by Noah with a charming look and smile.

"Hello there three lovely ladies! I'm Noah, your barista for today, what HAVA JAVA coffee should I serve you?"

"We haven't seen you here before, but were regular customers here. hmm new guy?" Trinity asked giving Liberty and Dawn the "This new guy is HOT look".

"Oh yeah, I'm the coffee house owner's nephew.. I'll be working for a while here now, you know? need to help run the family business.." Noah explained with a smirk.

"Oh that's cool!" Liberty replied. "So allow me to serve you the best I can." Noah added. "I'll have iced coffee.. regular" Trinity said.

"One hot vanilla latte for me Noah, Thank you!" Liberty followed up. "Noted!" Noah replied.

"And you Miss bookworm what's yours?" Dawn was easily drawn to her pocket book and was surprised to get the attention of Noah.

"Oh-uh sorry.. I'll have one ice cream coffee.. top it with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream please and add a lil bit of sweetener, thanks!" Dawn said smiling back to Noah.

"Alrighty I'll have your orders in a minute, for a while go find your best spot around here, enjoy your stay here in HAVA JAVA!" Noah told the girls as he prepares the order list.

The three girls then went to their favorite spot around the coffee house, a center table surrounded with small comfy chairs near a grimy window that looked out onto an equally grimy street.

The usual gentle murmur of voices could be heard above the harsh stomach churning sound of the coffee machine as it struggled to produce the hot steaming liquid beloved of the customers. the sweet voice of Rosie, the overworked waitress can also be heard. Rosie greeted the three ladies as she approached them into their table.

"Hi and welcome to HAVA JAVA!" she greeted them with a gleeful smile. "I'll be leaving the menu, just in case you have additional orders, you might wanna try our red velvet cake? Hihi!" "Thanks! We will Rosie!" Liberty replied to the accomodating waitress. Rosie then left.

"Okay, I'm dying to know your pretty dirty secret! Go on spill the beans!" There was a moment of silence between the three of them. Dawn put down her book and paid attention to Liberty.

"Now what?" Dawn cut the silence. "Aren't you supposed to say something?"

Liberty took a deep breath.. "Girls, I think.. uh how will I say this.. I think I'm in love with my best friend. There you go I said it!"

"Holy Shit! No way!" Trinity said in surprise.

"Wu-Wait-Wait! You mean Marion? Dawn clarifies with her mouth opened in surprise.

"Who else would it be? Of'course its Marion!" Trinity told Dawn confirming it.

"I know! I'm just confirming it just in case I heard it the wrong way.. But, How? When? What happened? You got a lot of explaining to do Liberty!" Dawn said as she crossed her arms and look at Liberty skeptically.

"I know.. Now, that you two already know.. promised me you will not tell Marion or anyone else.." Liberty told the two girls.

"We will, your secret is safe with us!" Trinity said. "I knew it you are getting jealous that Marion is getting close to Cinnamon!" "Awww.. Friendzone?" Dawn added.

"Let me talk first okay.. Yes, I admit that I'm jealous with that drama queen.. she don't deserve Marion's attention, she's just going to hurt Marion's feelings sooner or later, if only I could tell Marion what am I feeling towards him.. but I think that won't be a good idea." Liberty explained.

"Have you tried telling him? I mean there's no harm in trying.." Trinity suggested. "Hell no! I don't want our friendship to be ruined just because of me falling in love with him. I might as well keep this to myself rather than telling him my stupid feeling.. I don't think he would consider to have a level up in our relatonship from bestfriends turned lovers.."

"Why not? Isn't that romantic? just like in the books that I'm reading!" Dawn said in a cutesy tone of voice.

"That's a big NO-NO! That only happens in the books that you are reading.. I know that this shall pass! Give me a week or two" Liberty said feeling determined on what she is saying.

"Okay if that's what you think is right. But, If I'm in your situation I'd rather grab the opportunity of saying it to him or else I'll have a heart attack!" Trinity told Liberty putting her hands to her chest. The three girls started to laugh when Noah called them for their orders.

"Hey Dawn, why don't you get our orders.. I think that hot stud barista is checking you out! You'll have a good reason to hangout here daily with that eye candy!" Trinity said as she checks out Noah.. "What the fudge Trinity! Quit it okay?" Dawn is now feeling conscious, her cheeks turning red.

"C'mon Dawn, what else can you ask for? Noah is a typical guy-next-door kind of guy? We might have free lattes every time we hangout here only if you date Noah! Hahaha" Trinity teased.

"Shhhh! He might hear you!" Dawn hit Trinity on the shoulder.

"Okay, you two should listen to me.. I will give you a free tutorial lesson for my subject of expertise "BOYS101"; let me educate you with these kind of guys okay.. Boys-next-door don't really dig the whole taking advantage of a girl thing, and although able to be one of the lads, they can be great mates with girls as well. They dress casually, and although they don't try to stand out in the crowd or be the center of attention, they still shine. Hmm what else?! aha Boy-next door types usually have one of those laughs or smiles that is able to make you feel instantly happier.. Now sweetie go get our orders to that cutie pie! I'm sure if you date him, he's a keeper! Don't forget what I told you!" Trinity pulled Dawn from where she is sitting and pushed her towards the bar where in Noah can be seen smiling holding a tray of the girl's orders.

Liberty just kept quiet and suddenly began to sober..

"Oh no.. Liberty.. I'm sorry if it reminded you of Marion.. I know that he is a great example of a boy-next-door kind of guy." Trinity patted Liberty trying to give her friend a hug. "It hurts so much thinking of the fact that Marion and I can't hangout and go out together as boyfriend and girlfriend.. my heart sinks and I felt robbed and I can't do anything about it.. A pain that I am used to feel. It hurts so much.. I just hope that this will be over soon." Liberty told Trinity as she composed herself.

"Hey, here are your orders.." Noah handing Dawn the tray with their orders on top of it. "This sure smells good & yummy!" Dawn said in a shy manner.

"Sure is! Wait a second.. Is your friend okay? I think she's in tears." Noah said.

"Ohh umm yeah.. She just got herself heart broken.." Dawn replied. "You know.. It's really hard to deal with the problems of the heart.. I hope she'll feel better once she tasted a sip of my coffee."

"I'm sure she will.. How can you say that? Have you ever experienced being heart broken? Oops What a question! I think that's a bit personal, and my apologies for asking that stupid question.. Anyway, I have to go back to my friends.."

"No.. No.. It's okay.. No problem with that.. If you'll hangout here often I might tell you the answer to your question. Haha! Okay, approach me or Rosie if you have any additional orders uhh what's your name again?"

"It's Dawn.."

"Right Dawn.. Please do enjoy your ice cream coffee!" Noah nodded and smiled.

"K. Thanks!" Dawn blushed. "Girls, I'm sorry for interrupting your moment but I think I just screwed up!" Dawn told Trinity and Liberty.

"Screwed up where?"Trinity confusingly asked.

"I think I just embarrased myself in front of Noah." Dawn answered as she put down the tray of orders on the center table. "You did not!" Trinity doubts.

"He noticed that Liberty was crying and I told him that she was heart broken, and then he started telling me that it's hard to deal with the problems of the heart and then I just blurted it out without even thinking,Have you ever experienced being heart broken. Ahhhh I'm so stupid!" Dawn told the girls in humilation.

"Yeah that was a stupid question to ask Dawn, what did he answered you?" Trinity said giving Dawn a look. "He told me that if I hang around here often he might tell me the answer to my question!"

"That's it! I guess it's not a bad question to ask.. now you're learning to break the ice, to open a conversation with your type of guy." Trinity teased. "To clear things out.. Coffee Prince is not my type okay?" Dawn rolled her eyes over Trinity. "Shut up! You might eat what you are saying!" Trinity continued teasing.

"Phew! Okay I guess I'm feeling a little better now. Thank you girls for the company." Liberty hold Trinity and Dawn's hands and she gave them a relieving smile.

"Yeah, no problem.. We love you and will always be here for you.. Alright let's taste what coffee prince made to our orders!" Trinity said as she sips her iced coffee. "Heaven sent! Date him Dawn!" "I'll go approach him and buy us three slices of red velvet cake! My treat!" Liberty surprised the girls.

"Yay!" the two girls cheered.

Liberty approached Noah and ordered three slices of red velvet cake, while waiting for her order a familiar voice of guy began to speak..

"One order of vanilla frappe dude."

Its none other than football jock Blaine Brooks is standing beside Liberty.

"Hey Campbell! Chillin' out with your girls? Are you goin' to watch the play tonight? Everyone's getting ready for the gala night in celebration of the school theater's 10th season of performing incredible stage plays. You know school traditions."

"Hey Blaine it's you! Um. Actually no I'm not gonna attend since it's not mandatory.. But my friends will come watch the play. I just don't feel like watching. besides I have to go home after this since I need to babysit my brother Avery."

"Were on the same boat.. Won't watching it too cause I'm not a fan of drama, I'll pay for that ticket if its a football match!" He laughed.

"Here's your three slices of velvet cake Liberty... and in your case mister, your vanilla frappe will be in a minute just pick a seat you are comfortable with." Noah said. "Do you mind if I join you guys?" Blaine asked Liberty.

"Oh.. I think that's okay come on let's go!" Liberty lead the way towards their spot and the two girls are quite surprise bringing Blaine alongside her.

"Girls, we had an additional company. "Blaine! What's a surprise! What's up buddy?" Trinity greeted Blaine with a wave.

"Hey Blaine! Didn't know that you're a coffee guy! Haha" Dawn said. "I'm good! Just wanna grab some frappe."

"I see.. Well Dawn and I will be leaving soon, Atom already called me and asked if were already preparing, we still have 2 hours though.. need to fix ourselves for the gala night at school.

Gonna watch the first run of Legally Blonde." "Already? Atleast grab a bite with these red velvet cake!"

"Okay.. okay!" Trinity gets a piece of cake with her fork and put it straight to her mouth.

"Liberty, are you sure you won't come with us? The gala night sounds fun!" Dawn asked.

"I think.. I'll really pass this time. Just enjoy yourselves." Liberty answered.

"Yeah, don't worry I'll keep her company, I won't watch the show too." Blaine said. "Ow-kaaaay" Dawn answered giving Liberty and Trinity a smirking look.

Liberty mouthed the word "What?" and shook her head as she smiles.

"Alright that's it.. gotta go now! Blaine we'll go ahead, see you tomorrow at school!" Trinity stood up from her seat and kisses Liberty she then whispered to her left ear. "Be sure to go home early, don't get too cozy with football jock or you're giving yourself a hard time."

Meanwhile, Marion is in his room getting ready to watch the show. Atom told Marion that he's just going to pick him up with his Dad's car, and he agreed. They will just buy Cinnamon's roses later before they went straight to the school.

"Someone looks incredibly handsome? And I'm wondering where did he get that suit?" Dixie said as she peaked her head from the door.

Marion can be seen standing in front of the mirror and looks like he's having a hard time putting on the neck tie.

"Thanks sis, I just borrowed it from Atom.. Do you mind helping me putting this necktie?" "Sure.. give it to me.. let me help you.."

"I don't get it but why boys like you are having a hard time putting on neckties! It's just easy as 1.. 2.. and 3! See.. Now you look dashing!"

"Tssss.. Just keep it to yourself or else it will go right through my head! Hahaha" Marion joked.

"So who's the lucky girl to date? I'm guessing girl-next-door Liberty is always there to save you since you don't have a girlfriend.. yet... Why don't you just go and date her! You'll make a lovely couple.."

"Dixie.. Liberty is just like a sister to me.. just like me to you.. there's an invisible friendship borderline that in between the two of us. And I already have a date tonight, it's Cinnamon Walters.."

"What? Are you sure about that? I mean.. Marion, don't you think she's HIGH MAINTAINANCE, you should never date a rich man's daughter."

"Who says I can't date a rich girl? I can keep up with all those rich people.. I can prove to her parents that I am worthy of their daughter's heart."

"Whatever you say.. I do hope you're hearing yourself.. What I'm saying here is that be more realistic, because what I think of you is that your living in your own fantasy world, Wake up brother! I still go for Liberty! Hahaha she's more deserving of your love than that drama queen of yours."

"Dixie, how many times do I have to tell you that Liberty and I are just best friends and that's it, no more than friends kind of thing." He answered his sister as he put wax into his hair.

"Haha! Whatever! I hope you bump your head into a wall or something and wake up from your daydream.." Dixie then went out of the room and went to her room when her cellphone rang. "Hello? Barry? What do you want?"

"Hey Dixie! Just wonderin' what are you upto?" "Nothin' much, I just finished doing our homework."

"Really? Me too! Actually, can we like meet up now? I haven't eaten my dinner yet and I'm really hungry! My small intestine is about to eat my large intestine so please would you like to accompany me to All Star Donuts now?"

"WHAT?! Don't be ridiculous Barry! I'm sorry but I'm not sure about it.. but I'll try to sneak out! my grandpops is in the living room watching tv! And my parents are still out working, Marion is about to leave, he's going to watch a school play.. I'll call you after 5 minutes if I'm successful with my plan." "Really? You will sneak out just to see me?"

"......Guess so, I don't want to blame myself if you died out of hunger!" Dixie laughs. "Alright later.."

HONK-HONK-HONK!!!

Atom is already in front of Marion's house driving his Dad's car. Marion hurriedly went down the staircase, He bid his goodbye to his grandpa Elliot. "Have a great night Marion!" Grandpa Elliot said as he watch his grandson went inside the car.

"Oh my.. my boy growing up like a fine looking man." Grandpa Elliot told himself.

Author's Notes: Hello! Thank you so much for reading this chapter after not being active in awhile here on wattpad. So here's the next chapter! I hope you guys will like it and will hold on to this story of mine. If you happen to like this chapter be sure to vote and comment! I would like to hear from you. Be sure to play the song on the multimedia section "Everything Has Changed" by Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran. oh and that's Cody Christian (Noah Howard) who plays Aria's younger brother Mike Montgomery in Pretty Little Liars. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.7K 3K 26
"Ashton, I know I'm not the usual type of pretty cheerleader you usually hang out with. I'm not sexy, I'm not attractive, and I'm absolutely no fun...
834K 8.5K 16
Calliope's ex-boyfriend, her high school sweetheart, crash-landed back into her life like a rom-com sequel she never ordered, ready to rewrite the sc...
331K 11.8K 46
"And it took me a while to realize it, but everything I've had to go through in this life, all the pain and sadness I've had to bear . . . well, its...
24.2K 641 26
Investigative journalists, best friends, Naina, Ruhana, Samrat need to put everything at stake to finish project Zohra. They only heard the murkier t...