Fearing The Mafia

By coinikee

I twisted my wrists in order to loosen the bonds, to no avail. I was trapped. Trapped by him. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38

Part 3

210K 7K 3K
By coinikee

Part 3

"You can't keep me in here!" I shouted at no one in particular. My cries echoing against the concrete walls of the cell.

The handsome man, who was named Tiger, pushed me inside the cell, then chained me to the wall and left me to my own devices, but not before telling me that Mr. Aresco was a Mafia boss then locked the heavy metal door shut.

Instantly my mind started conjuring one painful experience after the other. Mr. Aresco cutting me up in five pieces. Or maybe he would use Lingchi—death by a thousand cuts—to kill me slowly and painfully. Or maybe he would water board me. The vicious thoughts weren't doing anything to make me feel better. They were only making me more nauseated.

I shut my mind off, effectively stopping it from painting anymore brutal scenarios. I needed to keep my wits about me, otherwise I would die, and it would have nothing to do with Aresco.

Instead, I took a note of my surroundings. There wasn't much to the cell I was being held in. Just four dreary gray walls, with a heavy, metal, black door that had thick bars, like a prison cell. Inside the four walls was nothing except a couple of tiny windows at the top, barely big enough for my head to fit through, let alone my whole body. The cell was lit up by a bunch of flourescent lights. The floor was cemented, with no tiles whatsoever. There was no bed, but there was a metal bucket situated in one corner. I just wished that my bladder didn't start complaining soon, I had no intention of relieving myself in a freakin' bucket. The only decoration in the cell were the chains that I was currently bound to. They were heavy, the cuffs around my wrists weighing me down. The ends of the chains were embedded deep within the wall at my back, while the length of the chains was pooled at my sides. I tried not to move too much, the clinking of the chain links pierced my ears. I was seriously hating the chains at the moment.

My thoughts turned towards my twin. I prayed with all my heart that she was okay. God help anyone who tried to hurt my sister. And if Aresco made the mistake of double crossing me, then I would castarate him, Mafia boss be damned!

Murderous thoughts aside, I had to get out of here, before Aresco chopped me up and roasted me for dinner. However, being chained did not help my chances for escape. Maybe I could seduce Aresco; then when he would be able to trust me I would escape. But that would take too long. The man was in the Mafia, I had a feeling that trust was one word he didn't know the meaning of, maybe not even the spellings.

The clicking of the lock snapped me back to reality. My gaze shot to the ugly metal door which was slid open and Aresco entered. My mouth went dry at seeing the handsome devil striding towards me with a smirk on his face. Jacks$$!

"Hello, precious, did you miss me?" He mocked, igniting my temper.

"Miss you? Are you kidding? I would rather stick needles in my eyes," I shot back.

Aresco's eyes narrowed at my response, giving birth to fear in my core. Sh!t, the man was scary. Another man, similar to the goons who kidnapped us, entered with a metal chair in his gigantic hands. He softly placed the chair in front of Aresco then left without saying a word.

"You better watch your mouth, kitten, before I put a bullet inside it," Aresco threatened.

"Sure, do that, you'll be doing me a huge favor," I retorted, wondering where my sanity had gone off to, I shouldn't be mouthing off to my future killer.

"How will me killing you be a favor, gem?" He asked confused. His forehead creasing in an adorable frown. Yup, my sanity had definitely gone with the wind.

"Well, if you kill me, I won't have to deal with your disgusting presence," I stated confidently. My voice not wavering in the least.

Aresco gritted his teeth then prowled over to where I was sitting and bent down until his face was levelled with mine. His golden eyes flashed dangerously making my heart race in pure terror.

"Do not forget that I still have your sister under the watchful gaze of my men. Try not to piss me off, bella, if you don't want anything to happen to your sister," Aresco muttered softly, but the threat in his words was clear as day. The thought of my sister hurt had all my sass and fight deserting me, making me realize that I was well and truly cornered.

"Now, let's try this again, shall we, what is your name?" Aresco asked.

"What's with the obsession with my name? For a guy who is dead set on killing me, you sure want to get to know your victim. Usually, killers don't care who they're killing, but you are the exact opposite." I had no intention of telling this devil my name. I heard that if you told somebody your name you unknowingly gave them power over you, and I couldn't let Mr. Tall, Dark Aresco have any kind of power over me.

"What can I say, I'm one of a kind," he replied arrogantly.

"Yes, you are," I said sarcastically.

"Now, your name?" God he was persistent.

"I'll tell you my name if you tell me yours." To be honest, I was curious what the devil was named. I had a feeling it started with S, because Satan started with S.

"Okay, I'll play along, my name is Severin. Severin Aresco, now your turn." Wow, his name was hot, and unique. Damn it, even his name was attractive. Life was not fair!

"Carla," I lied, making sure to maintain eye contact with Severin.

"You know, I don't like people who are stubborn, but I absolutely detest liars. I do bad things to liars, kitten; now before I do something bad to you, I suggest you tell me your name." I got to hand it to him, he was good. But I would not cower under his honey glower.

"Okay, I dare you, go on, do your best, hurt me the best you can, you disgusting lizard," I challenged.

Severin chuckled darkly. I chuckle that had the hair on the nape of my neck standing at attention. "Oh precious, you just signed a death warrant for your darling little twin." My eyes bugged out when Severin took out his phone from his pocket.

"No no, stop stop, please don't hurt Kelsey, I'll do anything, please don't hurt her," I begged, tears pooling in my eyes.

Severin looked up from his phone and smiled arrogantly. That bastard! Oh how I wanted to scratch that face with my nails. Then I would show the world that he was not only ugly from the inside but outside as well.

"Okay, since you said you'll do anything, I want you to swear upon your sister's life that you'll do whatever I say, and you must agree that if you fail to follow my command I would have every right to kill your twin. Do you agree?" I was really starting to regret coming to Italy. Not to mention having a twin. I was really proud of the fact that I had a twin. But now, I just hated that fact. Hated the fact that I had weakness—Kelsey. I also hated the fact that Severin was using Kelsey as bait. However, I knew that the son of biscuit wouldn't think twice about killing my sister if I don't agree to his terms.

"What if I don't agree?" I wished he would tell me that he was just joking and that he would never hurt Kelsey.

"Well, then you can pray that your sister was good enough to land a place in heaven, because she would be saying goodbye to Earth in the next two minutes, your choice." Somebody please kill me. Or better yet, somebody please kill him.

Closing my eyes I sent a silent prayer to God to make my death quick and painless, then cursed Kelsey for being my twin. Kelsey, you so owe me for this.

"Fine, I agree," I acquised.

"Say the exact words, or she dies in the next 90 seconds," Severin replied casually.

"I—I s—swe—swear upon Kel—Kelsey's life that I—I'll do whatever you say," I swallowed hard, forcing the words out my mouth, "and if I fail then yo—you have ev—every right to ki—kill my sister." I took sighed in relief when I finished the vow.

Severin didn't say anything. Instead, he pulled out a knife from inside the leg of his pants, then strode over to me. He bent down and grabbed a hold of my shackled wrist. Without a word, he sliced my palm making me wince in pain. Instantly blood welled up from the cut skin. Severin then sliced his own palm without flinching and joined our bloody palms together.

"You just made a blood vow with me, gem, don't even think about going back on your word, because if you break a blood vow, then not only your sister will die, but you'll suffer a fate worse than death," Severin told me; his golden eyes hard.

I bit my lip hard and nodded reluctantly. Not liking the power this man suddenly had over me. I wish I was an assassin, that way I would always be armed with one kind of weapon or the other. Then no one would be able to have power over me. I would be able to protect the whole world from monsters like Severin.

"Good, now what is your name, bella?" Severin asked once again. This guy was weirdly obsessed with my name, I had no idea why.

"Ma—Maril," I relutctantly answered. My eyes shooting death glares at the Mafia boss.

"See, that wasn't so hard was it? If you could've just told me before we could've avoided all this conflict," Severin replied cockily.

"Fuck you," I seethed.

Severin chuckled, his eyes glittering with hidden agendas. "Oh we'll fuck all right, but not right now, I've got break you first, kitten, then I'll take you, control you, and possess you," he whispered seductively, but his words only made me wish I was hidden inside a closet.

"You. Wish." I enunciated each word, letting him know that I had no intention of sleeping with him.

"Oh, I do," the pupils in his eyes dialated. He stroked my cheek with the flat end of the knife, making me flinch. "And I always get my wish, precious."

"Don't touch me," I hissed gritting my teeth. I tried to back away from the knife, but I had no where to go, as I was already backed up against the wall.

"I'm not touching you, kitten, the knife is." He lowered the knife to my neck, digging the point firmly in my skin, but not breaking the skin, just enough to let me know the underlying threat. The knife ventured south until it reached the top button of my shirt. Severin wasted no time in manuvering the knife to pop the button. Fear skyrocketed in me, making me want to crawl inside a hole and die. Tears gathered in my eyes, a sob tore through me.

Then a light bulb went on inside my head, making me sigh in relief. I stretched my leg a little, just enough that it was aiming at Severin's crotch—or at least I believed so—and kicked upwards. My heart jumped in victory when Severin fell on his butt clutching his crotch. Yes, score one for Maril.

However, my victory was short lived. In less than a minute, Severin stood up. His tall frame towering over me, making me feel small and vulnerable. His golden eyes were livid, ready to unleash liquid fire. He gritted his teeth then strode over to me, and grabbed a fistful of my hair, making me scream at the sudden pain assaulting my scalp.

"That was a mistake," he gritted out, his breath fanning my face.

"You are a mistake," I retorted and yelped when he pulled my honey tresses.

"You'll pay for this," he seethed.

"Sure, would you like the payment in cash or should I write a cheque?" I was glad my sass was back. I wouldn't be intimidated by this golden eyed dragon.

"How about blood?" He let go of my hair, but left a burning sensation behind. He turned around giving me a view of his defined back—I assumed it was defined.

Severin did nothing for a couple of minutes, just stayed in one spot. The rise and fall of his chest was the only indication that he was not a statue but a human being. I was starting to fear for myself when he stayed silent, not saying or doing anything.

Finally, he ran a hand through his dark locks. The action had anticipation building in my stomach. What would he do now? He held his cell phone to his ear, I wished he didn't order his goons to murder Kelsey. Oh God please no, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

"Portare gli scorpioni, ora," he said softly; if it wasn't for me straining my ears to hear him, I would've missed what he said completely. But he spoke in Italian, so straining my ears proved to be futile. (Bring the scorpions, now)

He again pressed the phone to his ear after a few seconds of ending the first call. Even though he would converse in Italian I still tried my best to hear what he was saying.

"Portatemi un tranquillante," he said and hung up. (Bring me a tranquilizer)

Once he was done, he pocketed his phone and begun pacing. But during all this, he didn't look at me; just kept pacing around the cell. I was starting to get anxious about what was he planning.

A man appeared outside the cell. I couldn't see him properly as I was sitting at a very odd angle. However, I could tell that the man was wearing all black. Severin immediately went over to him. The man gave something to Severin who nodded in approval then left.

Severin turned to me once he was sure the man in black was gone, and casually strode over to where I was sitting. He bent low until his honey golden eyes were locked with mine. My throat dried up when I saw his eyes were blank—void of emotion. Damn, I was in trouble.

He said nothing at first, but his posture spoke volumes. And right now, I wanted nothing more than to jump off a cliff if it meant getting away from Severin Aresco. Then he held out his hand, and the object lying innocently in his palm made my blood run cold.

A lone syringe filled with some kind of a pale yellow liquid was lying in Severin's palm. The silver needle glinting wickedly. Tears pricked my eyes, slightly blurring my vision.

"Do you know what this is, gem?" Severin asked as if he was asking about what day it was.

"A—a syringe," I managed to say.

"It's not just a syringe, it's a tranquilizer," Severin paused, letting his words sink in, "and not just any tranquilizer; this is a special tranquilizer that I had made, it's only sold to me, and do you want to know what's so special about this tranquilizer, kitten?" I just shook my head rapidly, a lone tear escaping my eye.

"This tranquilizer will temporarily paralyze your muscles," fear shot through my veins at hearing his words, "but don't worry, it would not paralyze your intercoastal muscles, nor your facial muscles, so you'll be able to talk, breath and move your head, just not your body," he told me after seeing the horrified look on my face.

"Wh—why are yo—you te—telling me all this." I had a pretty good idea why, but there was a little part of me that wished if wasn't true.

"I'm going to tranquilize you, precious, I'm going to teach you what happens when you mess with me." He grabbed my arm and rolled up my shirt sleeve, exposing my arm and my veins. Not one to back down without a fight, I slapped him with my other hand and pushed my body away from him. Good thing I wasn't chained to the wall, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to move.

But my efforts were fruitless, as Severin pushed my body down and straddled me. He trapped my left arm under me, putting his weight on top me, making it impossible for me to release my arm from underneath my back. He then grabbed my right arm and without wasting any time, plunge the needle in my vein.

"No, no, please don't do this, please." My protests fell on deaf ears. Tears streamed down my face, sobs wracking my body.

After thirty seconds, Severin got up from where he was sitting on me. I wanted to curl into a ball and cry. I never truly feared the man standing before me up until a few seconds ago, and I was terrified.

Severin bent low and pushed my hair out of my eyes. "It's okay, gem, soon the tranquilizer is going to take over your body, and then it's show time," he whispered darkly.

"You're sick!" I shouted.

Just then the metal door clinked, letting us know that somebody was here. Severin sauntered over to the door and unlocked it. Another man dressed in all black entered with a giant glass tank which was shaped like a cuboid. He handed the tank to Severin then left.

When the door was shut, Severin walked over to where I lying carrying the tank. He put the tank on the floor right next to me and propped open the wooden lid. I turned my eyes to see what was inside the tank. And what I saw made my heart stop.

Scorpions.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Author's Note.

Hi guys,

Here you go another chapter for you wonderful readers. I hope you like it.

Please don't forget to vote and comment, and recommend this story to your friends, it would mean a lot to me.

Thank you for reading.

Until next time.

Take care.

Ciao.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.3K 1.8K 14
All it took was a smile for Isabella Brown's life to change forever. "Aiden please", I beg. My wrists were bleeding because of the friction of the t...
2.8K 852 20
"You're my greatest treasure and I'll do anything to treasure you" ______ Melanie Martinez is a girl who's devastatingly gorgeous. Who's trapped in...
3.4K 149 27
Bakugou Katsuki is part of the Mafia. He is the boss and the most feared man. He has his team and they together are the strongest Mafia ever. Anyone...
72.5K 1.1K 46
{Dark: Enemies to Lovers romance.} "I would get her eyes tattooed inside my brain; yet I would still get lost in them with just one look." ...