Putting You First (OJ X Marsh)

By TheObjectShowFan

Orange Juice and Marshmallow shipping. The (humanized) Inanimate Insanity group is going on their annual cam... More

The Camping Trip
The "Accident"
I Can't Go
An Unexpected Surprise
Pizza Problems and Attack On Objects Marathon
Where's My OJ?!
Well, That Wasn't Supposed to Happen...
Grocery Store Madness Part 1
Grocery Store Madness Part 2
I Confess! I Lied!
PLEASE READ
Where are the Chapters?
Hiatus
Additional Info About The Hiatus
Thunderstorms: Good or Bad?

Who's Taking Care of Who?

628 11 72
By TheObjectShowFan

Marsh's POV:
After OJ went upstairs to sleep for a bit, I went to the fridge to get some leftover pizza. I heated it up and set it on the counter. I sat down and ate two slices, then carefully put the plate by the sink.

Afterwards, I turned on the TV to watch a show. It wasn't AOO, since I didn't want to watch ahead, so I just watched reruns of Law of Objects. I could hear OJ coughing and sneezing from upstairs every now and then. Poor OJ... Those allergies must be really bad...

The time seemed to go by quickly. Before I knew it, it was 5 o'clock. I should probably wake him up... But he's sleeping... He's feeling miserable right now, I don't wanna make him do anything...

"You know what? I'm gonna make him dinner myself, no matter how hard it is to do so on crutches!" I proclaimed to myself.

I got up and moved myself to the pantry. Hmm... What's in here that I could easily make? If only I hadn't finished up the pizza... That would've been simple.

"Ooh, spaghetti! That's not too difficult!" I exclaimed happily to myself. I grabbed the box of spaghetti and carried with with me. I set it down on the counter, then found a pot underneath the counter. I picked up the pot and set it on the counter next to the sink. I filled it up with water, and even though it was really heavy, I was able to slide it to the stove. I then turned on the stove and waited for the water to boil. Once it was eventually boiling, I opened the box of spaghetti. I then carefully placed it into the pot of boiling water. I waited for the pasta to cook, then stirred it a bit.

It was soon finished. I turned off the stove, then I picked up the pot. It was heavy, and I almost dropped it immediately, but I managed to carefully dump the water out and dump the spaghetti into the colander. I then put the spaghetti back into the pot, then grabbed two bowls. I found a ladle and scooped out some of the spaghetti into the two bowls. I then found some tomato sauce and poured it into one of the bowls. I found some butter and Parmesan cheese and put that in the other bowl. OJ prefers tomato sauce, I prefer butter and Parmesan cheese, but neither of us dislikes the other. I went to one of the drawers and grabbed two forks. I then placed a fork in each bowl. I then figured I should wake up OJ now. I grabbed my phone and pulled up OJ's contact. I was about to click "call," but then froze. Why don't I want to wake him up?

"You know what? I'm gonna get this bowl of spaghetti to him! He's already done so much... The least I could do would be to get him his dinner..." I finally decided. I picked up the bowl with the tomato sauce in it, then froze again. "How the heck am I gonna get this upstairs...?" I thought for a bit, then gave a look of determination.

I am going to get that bowl of spaghetti upstairs to OJ if it's the last thing I do.

I don't know what's gotten into me, but I just have this feeling that I have to do this. Why?

Love makes you do crazy things.

I placed the bowl down on a nearby table, then moved towards the stairs. I then picked up the bowl again. Luckily, the table was long enough that I could just move the bowl down as I headed towards the stairs. I eventually did reach the stairs, but then there was another problem. How was I gonna get up the stairs? I seriously wish the elevator was working right now... Seriously, did OJ call the elevator repair guy yet?

I took a breath, then picked up the bowl of spaghetti. I will get this upstairs, no matter what it takes. I love OJ, and I need to do this.

Geez, I'm almost sounding like Salt. Just, not in the creepy way she acts... Ha.

I took the bowl and placed it on the farthest a step I could reach from the floor. I then carefully took my crutches and placed them on the first step. Time to use my upper body strength. I then hesitated. Which I don't have...

Suddenly being filed with determination, I lifted myself up and my left foot landed on the first step. I smiled a bit, feeling successful. I then did it again, landing on the second step. I almost fell backwards, but I managed to regain my balance. I continued this a few more times, then bent down to pick up the bowl. I then moved the bowl up some more steps, then repeated the whole process a few more times.

I was eventually completely successful, and it took me about five minutes to do so. I then picked up the bowl again and somehow managed to reach OJ's room.

OJ's POV:
Marsh and I were sitting in the living room on the couch, simply talking and laughing.

"Hee hee, OJ, you're so funny!" Marsh giggled a bit. I laughed a bit, then gently brushed her soft, white hair behind her right ear. Her cheeks turned an adorable shade of pink as she looked down at the floor. I lightly placed my hand on her cheek, causing her to look back at me. I slowly leaned in closer to her and she did the same, our eyes closing. Our lips were just inches apart.

Centimeters.

Millimeters.

They were so close together, and the gap between us was just about to be closed.

I suddenly no longer felt Marsh. I snapped open my eyes and simply saw my hand, in mid-air, where it was just on Marsh's cheek.

"What...?" I quietly questioned myself. I suddenly heard a high-pitched scream fill the room.

"OJ!" the voice exclaimed. I looked down at the floor, well, at what was the floor. The floor was completely gone. Instead, I stared into an abyss that seemed to go on forever. Burning flames of fire came up from it. I immediately pulled my legs up onto the couch.

"What the heck is this?!?!" I frantically asked myself.

"OJ!! OJ!!" the voice exclaimed again. I look and saw Marsh hanging off the couch, clinging for dear life.

"Marsh!!" I exclaimed, then immediately rushed to save her. She suddenly slipped, but I quickly grabbed her hand before she fell.

"OJ!!!"

"Don't worry, I got you Marsh," I told her, then began to pull her up.

All of a sudden, I could feel her being pulled back down. Marsh screamed in terror. I looked down and saw what, or should I say, who was grabbing her waist.

"Marsh~ I'm back~" a familiar voice said.

"Graham Cracker?!?!" I exclaimed, trying as hard as possible to save Marsh.

"She's mine... Forever," GC's voice became demonic as he pulled Marsh down into the fiery hell-pit.

"NO!!! MARSH!!!" I shouted, forced to stare at her as she fell into the abyss. The room began to shake, as if a massive earthquake was occurring.

"OJ!!!"

Marsh's POV:
"OJ?" I asked after I walked into his room. He was asleep on his bed, but the covers were all messed up, like he had been tossing and turning for a while. They only covered the lower half of his body, but I soon noticed that he was shirtless. "Oh my marsh... U-um..." I wasn't expecting that at all as I felt my face heat up quite a bit. I could then hear him mumbling a bit in his sleep.

"Haha..." he quietly laughed a bit in his sleep. Must be dreaming... I figured.

"OJ?" I asked again, a bit louder this time.

"Wh-what...?" he mumbled again.

"OJ?" No response. "OJ??"

"Marsh..." he mumbled, but clearly wasn't awake.

"OJ!" I exclaimed, trying to wake him up.

"Marsh... No... NO! MARSH!!!" he suddenly exclaimed, looking as if he desperately wanted to wake up. I quickly sat down on the bed and shook him to wake him up.

"OJ!!!"

"MARSH!" he shouted, then immediately sat up.

OJ's POV:
I immediately sat up, staring around the room. It was perfectly normal. I then suddenly saw Marsh sitting on the edge of my bed. She was looking at me with high concern in her eyes.

"OJ...? Are you okay...?" she asked.

"Y-yeah... Oh my citrus..." I was trying to comprehend was was reality and what was fake. Once I had completely focused, I immediately hugged Marsh. Tight. But not so tight that it completely crushed her. I quickly felt a surge of pain in my left shoulder, but I didn't care.

"Wh-whoa, OJ?? What kind of dream were you having??" Marsh asked, surprised by the sudden hug.

"Dream? More like devilish nightmare," I responded, holding onto her.

"Oh, really?" she asked. I nodded. "Care to tell me?"

"Alright," I replied. I explained to her what happened (minus the "Marsh and I almost kissed" part. That'd be kind of creepy.). She looked quite shocked by it. Well, I pretty much expected that.

"So... You had a nightmare about GC coming out of... What did you call it, a 'fiery hell-pit' in the living room and pulling me down into it?" she asked. I nodded.

"Pretty much..."

"Geez... That's really intense... I feel like I would've ended up being the one to have that dream though... Ha," she replied, smiling slightly. I kind of laughed a nervous laugh, then a thought suddenly occurred.

"Marsh... How'd you get up here?"

"Oh, uh... I may or may not have used the stairs..." she replied.

"But your ankle..."

"I didn't walk on it, don't worry. Oh, by the way... I made you spaghetti!" she told me, beaming a bit.

"Marsh, you didn't have to do that..." I replied, then noticed the bowl of spaghetti she was holding. "Wha- How'd you get up here with that??"

"Uh... Long story..." she replied sheepishly. "Anyway, here, you should eat..." she then said, holding out the bowl to me. I didn't immediately take it.

"Wait, I thought I told you to call me when it was five... So that I could make you dinner... Hold on, what time is it?"

"About 6:00..."

"Marsh!" I protested.

"It was the least I could do..." she replied, slightly smiling. I couldn't help but smile at her adorable face.

"Thanks Marsh," I told her, finally taking the bowl.

"You're welcome!"

"Say... Where's yours anyway? Or did you already eat?"

"Oh... I didn't even think about that... It's downstairs," she answered with slightly nervous laughter, her face reddening a bit in embarrassment. "I-I'll just go back down to ge-"

"No Marsh, you're not going back down like this. I'll go get it," I told her, then set down the bowl on the side table next to me. I was then about to get out of bed, but Marsh suddenly surprised me.

"NO!" she kinda exclaimed as she gently pushed me back onto the bed. Both of us just froze afterwards, staring at each other. Her left hand was on my right shoulder, while her right hand was resting smack dab in the center of my bare chest. As if both of us had completely forgotten how to do anything, I looked at her in surprise and she looked at me, looking slightly surprised at herself. Neither of us said or did anything for a few seconds.

"M-Marsh...?" I finally, quietly asked.

After I said that, Marsh immediately pulled her hands back off of me.

"U-um... I... Uh... I mean, no... You should stay in bed... S-sorry..." she then quietly said. "Heh..."

"Heh, it's alright... B-but I should probably go get it..."

"OJ, you need to rest..."

"But Mar-"

"No buts. You're staying in bed. And that's final," she told me firmly. She had this look in her eyes, as if she would never give in.

"Oh, alright..." I finally agreed. "But you're eating some of this."

"OJ, I'm fin-"

"Marsh... Look, I'm not even that hungry right now. You should have some," I argued.

"Okay..."

"Alright now, here, have some," I told her, then picked up the bowl. I grabbed the fork and picked up a few strands of spaghetti. I spun the fork around a bit, then held it out towards Marsh.

"O-OJ... I can feed myself!" she giggled a bit. I just gestured the fork a bit closer to her. She gave me an odd look, but then finally opened her mouth. I placed the fork in her mouth, then she took the bite. "Mm, good spaghetti, ha," she then said. I then took a bite of the spaghetti as well. Hey, I have allergies, I'm not sick! Marsh won't get sick either.

"It is good! Really good actually," I told her. She smiled and thanked me. We continued to eat the spaghetti, alternating turns.

Marsh had taken another bite, then I took another before Marsh had finished. I noticed a few noodles that hadn't been fully wrapped around the fork. As I got the spaghetti into my mouth, I wasn't really paying attention to anything. I don't think Marsh was paying attention either, because our eyes soon looked at each other at the same time.

Our faces were right in front of each other.

Our lips were barely touching.

A/N: Wow, I am so cruel right now...
So, what happened next? How do they react? What's Salt doing currently? Why have I started these random questions up again? Well, tune in next time for another amazing (hopefully) chapter of Putting You First!
Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 47 17
Inanimate Insanity Fanfic, made by me. About Trophy meets a new student, an they are both meant to be eachother. Sports, mixed with Comedy can be rid...
150K 2.8K 30
Fan is ecstatic to join the new season of Inanimate Insanity. He's intrigued and a little starstruck, to say the least. Just as things begin to sett...
20.6K 546 27
DISCLAIMER THIS WAS WRITTEN & CONCLUDED LONG BEFORE S3 ENDED. SOME THINGS MAY NOT BE CONSISTENT WITH HOW THINGS WRAPPED UP THERE. KEEP THAT IN MIND ...
34.1K 1K 200
I have no idea. Just an art book for Inanimate Insanity. Hope you like my art! Characters don't belong to me! They belong to AnimationEpic! Only the...