Promise Me //1D Completed [✔️]

By missnovicewriter

The Foster Care system is a home to a millions of diverse and unique young adults. Strangely, the system attr... More

Promise Me
Prologue
Are you afaird of death?
What's it like being in a family?
Friends?
Will I Ever be Pretty?
Pilot
Sleepovers
What does love look like?
Sibella
London Bound
Rain & Coffee
Pumpkin Everything
A White Halloween
:(
An Eternal Memory
My Best Friend
'Tis the Season
Kicking off in London
Bonjour!
Le Grand Palias
ASP
thirteen!
journaling
Mud Wrestling
Othello
Take Me Home
Dishonor on you!
A + Q
Date Shenanigans
Unexpected Roomates
McDonalds Breakfast
This Is Us
fml
Lesson Learned
Boarding Australia
Start of Somethig New
Anything But You
Sad Song
Thank You
Epilogue
Forever Your's

Two Voices

526 31 0
By missnovicewriter

Tegan's P.O.V
September 2013

~~~

"Dear me,

Over video chat, Romeo and I sung for Simon. Like Romeo had predicted, he asked us to sing a song together. He really liked the idea. He didn't offer us a deal or anything, but he advised that we work together.

I've been doing my online work. Romeo and I have all the same assignments, so we've kinda started using each other to make it easier. Besides, eighth grade isn't a massive deal.

It's kinda barmy to realize I'm already in year three of secondary school. I've never imagined life after school. I'm not certain if I'll go on to university or what I'll do for a career.

Nathan texts often, telling me he misses Romeo and I at school. He's suspicious of us both being gone. I explain my reasoning, but I pretend to be clueless about Romeo's.

Nathan thinks we ran off to Barcelona and got married, then swam in a fountain as our honeymoon.

Anyways, I can't write too much. The lads are packing up to fly back to the US for some award shows :(

-TJS"

~~~

Downstairs, on the main level, I prepare to say my farewells to the lads.

From downstairs, Romeo walks into the living room.

"I think we've got to get a name." He announces.

"What about your surnames?" Zayn suggests

"Swallows and Fitzroy?" I question.

"Fitzroy and Swallow." Romeo corrects me.

"I like me and you better," I argue.

"You only like that because it sounds like you're the superhero and I'm the sidekick." Romeo points out.

"Doesn't the superhero have to be a boy?" Niall teases.

"Niall, you can't just ask if superheroes are boys! That's sexist!" Louis lectures

I chuckle along with everyone else at the ridiculous interaction.

"I've got an idea." Harry chimes in.

"I'm all ears." I cup my hand over my ear.

"Two Voices," Harry pauses, dramatically.

"That's a good one, Harry." Louis pats his shoulder.

"I like it," Romeo shrugs, tilting his head slightly.

"Simple, yet effective." Niall nods.

"You know, if you two go online about this, media's gonna milk your story." Zayn warns.

~~~

"Good luck in Brooklyn." I tell Niall, wrapping my arms around his torso.

"Thank you," He wraps his arms around my back, giving me a tight squeeze.

"Don't let go yet," I whisper.

I press my cheek to his chest, closing my eyes.

"Don't worry, I'm not." He rests his chin on my head.

"I love you." I say so quietly I'm not sure if he heard.

I unwrap my arms, putting my hands around both his arms.

"I love you." My voice is more confident.

~~~

"I swear to god, Tegan, if you aren't even thinking about a song by the time I get back, I'll behead you." Romeo threatens before leaving his bedroom.

Right now, we're sitting at the desk in his room. We decided to mess around and make some covers. We didn't have certain intentions that'd we'd upload them. We are just dabbling with the idea. We have a wee microphone sitting on top of the desk, his guitar and my keyboard.

I couldn't think of any songs, so I logged onto my Twitter using Romeo's laptop. 

Tegan Swallows @OfficialTeganSwallows
Let's try this Twitcam thing, shall we?

I watch as the Tweet slowly gained some feedback. I clicked the live button.

"Oh, hey I got it!" My face appears on the screen. "Can you guys hear me?"

A pool of comments request I stop yelling come in.

"I'm so sorry," I laugh. "So, basically I'm on to ask you lot to send in your favourite duets."

I read the comments. A load saying "Everything Has Changed" by Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran. A couple Alex and Serria, "Titanium" by David Guetta, featuring Sia. A lot of really good pop options.

"I love "We Are Young"!" I read.

"Are you doing a freaking Twitcam?" I jump, startled.

"This, ladies and maybe gents, is a good lad to the One D fam." I hold my arms out, revealing him.

He gives the camera a sheepish grin, then faces me not amused.

"Are you using my laptop?" He glares.

"Look, they like you!" I point at all the comments mentioning how relieved they are to find out who he is and how incredibly good looking he is.

"You are completely impossible." He groans, covering his face with his hands.

I roll my eyes.

He sits at the desk next to me, picking up his guitar.

The comments start bombarding with questions if we're gonna be singing songs together.

"Romeo!" I snap, pushing him out of the camera frame.

Quickly, I hit the end livestream button. I cover my face with my hands.

"You idiot!" I laugh. "You completely gave it away!"

He throws his head back laughing.

"Tegan, you completely didn't play it cool. It's no big deal." He ruffles my hair.

I roll my eyes.

"Let's do a bit of NSYNC, yeah? That's what I'm in the mood for." He suggests.

"Sick and tired of hearing
All these people talk about," He sings, acappella, clapping to the beat.

He's been listening to this track on repeat.

"About," I repeat.

"What's the deal with this pop life
And when is gonna fade out,"

"Fade out," I repeat, joining him in his claps.

"The thing you got to realize
What we doing is not a trend," he grooves a little in his chair, nodding his head and smiling at me.

"We got the gift of melody
We gonna bring it till the end," we sing together this time.

"It doesn't matter," I do my be imitation of Zayn's high undertones.

"Bout the car I drive or
What I wear around my neck," Romeo songs, really channeling his inner pop.

"All that matters," I wave my index finger slightly.

"That you recognize
That it's just about respect,"

"It doesn't matter,"

Singing with Romeo is like a completely surreal experience. It's not like singing alone in my room or standing in the crowd of a concert. Even though, this isn't our original music, it makes me feel a part of something.

"Do you ever wonder why
(Ever wonder)
This music gets you high?
(Music gets you high)
It takes you on a ride," we sing together.

I laugh in between the words, getting off beat on my clapping.

"Feel it when your
Body starts to rock," I laugh in between each word where the band had paused dramatically.

"Tegan!" Romeo laughs.

I throw my head back laughing, putting my arm on the desk and pressing my forehead to it.

"You messed it all up!" He complains, but doesn't sound mad in the slightest.

I have to admit, even though we were being silly, our voices together felt rather natural. Obviously, our voices aren't fully developed, so it has a bit of a young adolescent sound.

~~~

so, I'm just going to crazy update, so I can complete this book!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174 0 30
Life means something different to everyone. For some, it's getting to the top of the social ladder, fixing their communities from the inside out. For...
459K 10.1K 56
They always say that your family will always love you no matter what. I think it's a lie. Sometimes life is a Lie. Everyone has been told "I hate yo...
1.7K 25 8
Harry is an orphan. His father kicked him out when he was six after the death of his mum and sister. He blamed it on him and couldn't look at Harry a...
446 61 19
Liam Payne (17) has been in more foster homes but didn't like it or they didn't want it anymore so he ran away a lot. What if he finds 1 with more ki...