Star Wars : The Rise of Ren

Od ChristineDaee2024

The story between Return of the Jedi and the Force Awakens. Four years after "Return of the Jedi," Luke Skywa... Více

Prologue
STAR WARS - THE RISE OF REN
Chapter One Luke Skywalker
Chapter Three Luke Skywalker
Chapter Four Luke Skywalker
Chapter Five Kya Kenobi
Message to Readers 2/3/16
Chapter Six Leia Skywalker
Chapter Seven Luke Skywalker
Chapter Eight Kya Kenobi
Chapter Nine Luke Skywalker
Chapter Ten Leia Skywalker
Chapter Eleven Luke Skywalker
Chapter Twelve Multiple POV
Chapter Thirteen Luke Skywalker
Chapter Fourteen Snoke
We're taking a break!
Filling In The Blanks
Update
Update 2
Short Preview
One Week Until Part Two
May the Fourth
Chapter Fifteen Kya Kenobi
Update
Tell Me
Comment What You Think
UPDATE

Chapter Two Han Solo

216 8 2
Od ChristineDaee2024

Waiting was the worst part. He had never been a patient person, and he had never been a worrier. Therefore, having to wait and worry did not suit him at all.

    He had been married to Leia Organa (oh, sorry. Skywalker) for two years now, and they had discussed having children early on. But this pregnancy wasn't planned. It was a surprise to him, and while it was exciting, it was also terrifying. Han Solo had been a smuggler for most of his life before he got involved with the Rebellion. What kind of a father would he make? The very idea of being a father scared him, and he had even mentioned it to Leia one night while Luke was fixing a malfunction in one of the droids.

    Leia had smiled and laughed at his words, gently pulling a strand of his hair out of his eyes. "Han, don't worry about it. You'll make a great father."

    "How? I've never had any experience."

    "Neither have I."

    "Do you want experience as a father?"

    Leia had rolled her eyes. "Ha ha. But really Han," she added, seeing the worry in his eyes, "you are going to be a wonderful father."

    Though her words had been somewhat comforting then, they gave him no comfort now as he paced waiting. The real problem was that he wasn't sure he was ready to be a parent. Leia was, for certain, but Han had never felt he would even get married, let alone have a child. Could a former smuggler really guide a child, who, by the way, was likely Force sensitive like his or her mother?

    Usually Han was cool and calm about problems, but suddenly he found himself a bundle of nerves.

    "Han!!!"

    Han started and turned to see Luke rushing into the room. "Luke! You made it!"

    "Of course I made it!"

    "Oh, Master Solo, it is good to see you again!" cried C-3P0, emerging from behind Luke.

    Han's grin faded. "You had to bring him along?"

    Luke made a face at Han. C-3P0 approached Han carefully. "Are you well, Mr. Solo? If I may say so you look quite pale."

    Han shot a glare at the droid, and he jumped back. Then he turned back to Luke. "I'm glad you made it, kid. It sure gets boring in here alone."

    "Where's Chewie?"

    "Probably out signing autographs. He loves the attention of the locals. Did you leave R2 back home?"

    Luke nodded. "Good," Han continued. "I couldn't get in contact with Chewie. He left right after you did to visit town, and then Leia..." He cleared his throat. "Well maybe when he gets back R2 can tell him where we are so he doesn't stress himself out."

    "How are you doing with the whole thing?" Luke asked.

    "Fine."

    "Fine? That's it?"

    Han set his jaw. "Yeah. That's it. Why?"

    "No reason," Luke said quickly. "I just thought you might be...you know, nervous? Worried? Something other than fine?"

    "I'm fine."

    "Are you certain, sir?" C-3P0 asked. "You look very worried."

    "I do?"

    Luke nodded. "You know, it's okay to be nervous sometimes. No one's confident about everything."

    "I'm fine!"

    C-3P0 backed away cautiously. Luke gave a small smile. "How is she?"

    "How should I know? I haven't been in there with her!"

    "Calm down, Han."

    Han set his jaw. "Fine. I'm fine. I can calm down."

    "Is this about being a father again? We've both told you, you'll be great. Or since you prefer the word right now, you'll be fine."

    Han gritted his teeth and said nothing. Then suddenly, a nurse rushed from the hallway into the room. "Mr. Solo!"

    Han jumped and turned to her. "Yes? Is it over? Is she okay?"

    The nurse smiled at him. "Mrs. Solo is fine, Mr. Solo. She had a boy. Both mother and son are doing wonderfully."

    "A boy?"

    The nurse nodded.

    Han silently processed her words, a smile forming at his lips. Though he was still afraid, for a moment the fear was thrown out the window and all he felt was pure joy. He turned to Luke, and threw his arms around him. Luke laughed into his shoulder.

    "Oh! Oh! Congratulations, Master Solo!" cried C-3P0.

    Han released Luke, who grinned at him as he turned back to the nurse. "When can we see her?"

    Leia was positively glowing when Han entered the room. Her eyes lit up when she saw her husband. "Han!"

    Han rushed to her side and took both of her hands in his. "You did it."

    "We did it," Leia corrected him. "I'm pretty sure you stressed enough for both of us."

    Han rolled his eyes. "Yeah, well..."

    "And before you say it again, you'll be an excellent father. I know you're worried, but think about it, Han, you were a Rebellion general! What a fantastic influence on a child!"

    Han smiled at her; all fears forgotten for now. Without thinking he leaned forward, closer to her. "Think he'll grow up to be a scoundrel like me?"

    Leia smiled. "I don't know. I might prefer if he grows up to be a nice man."

    He winked at her. "I'm nice."

    "You have your moments," she grinned.

    Then he leaned forward and gave her a kiss, excitement welling up within.

    "Mr. and Mrs. Solo?"

    Han pulled away to look up at the nurse, who looked a little awkward when she realized she had interrupted. "Yes?"

    "Um...I'm sorry to interrupt, but..." She sounded flustered. "Um...well..." She's hurriedly approached them, and Leia's face lit up when she saw a baby cradled in the nurse's arms. "Here he is."

    The nurse gently handed the boy to Leia. The child looked up at his mother. He was a beautiful baby, with tufts of baby fuzz and dark eyes that took in all around him. He looked like Leia's son, but still Han could see a bit of himself in his features. Leia looked up at Han and beamed. "Do you want to hold him?"

    Han felt a bit of fear come over him again, but he ignored it and nodded. Leia gently handed the baby to Han, and he cradled his son in his arms for the first time. The boy gazed up into his father's eyes curiously. Han felt a peace come over him, and he gently kissed the baby's brow. Then he handed him back to his mother, who kissed his forehead.

    Then the child suddenly began to wail, and the wails turned into screams. The nurse quickly took the baby away from a concerned Leia. "Is he all right?"

    The nurse nodded. "Oh, yes, he's probably just hungry. I'll go put him back with the others." She quickly exited the room, leaving Han and Leia alone.

    "Quite the temper he's got, hasn't he?" Han commented.

    Leia smirked. "That'll be loads of fun when he's a teenager. Ah, well...We should pick a name."

    "Fine. What names would you suggest?"

    Leia hesitated. "I don't know..."

    Han studied her. "You do know. What?"

    "I don't think you'll like it."

    "Well I won't know until you tell me."

    Leia couldn't hold back another smile. "Well...I was thinking...Ben."

    "Ben?"

    "After Ben Kenobi. You remember him."

    "Obi Wan, you mean."

    "And Ben. Both names are correct. I just prefer 'Ben' to 'Obi Wan'." She paused. "I know neither of us really knew him, but I wish we could have thanked him. Without him I would be dead, and so would you, and Luke. Naming our son Ben...it gives him the name of a great Jedi who deserves our honor."

    Han thought it over. Obi Wan had been a good man. "I like it."

    "Really?"

    "Yeah. And it sounds good, too. Ben Solo."

    Leia laughed. "I think so, too."

    "We're agreed, then?"

    Leia nodded. "Yes. I love the name. He'll be a Jedi one day, like his uncle. And a pilot, like his father."

    "And a leader, like his mother," said Han.

    "Is there room for one more?"

    Leia grinned. "Luke!"

    Luke entered the room and gave Leia a kiss on the forehead. "How are you?"

    "I'm wonderful, thank you."

    "Good! I'm glad to hear it! I was worried when Threepio told me—"

    Leia buried her face in her hands. "Oh no. What did he tell you?"

    "He prefaced it with 'Please don't worry' and proceeded to tell me I should have been there to be of some help to you. He had me thinking someone had kidnapped you both, or worse."

Leia laughed. Han shook his head. "Someone needs to reprogram that droid so he won't be such a stress case."

"Where were you, anyway? At the Falls again?" Leia asked.

Luke nodded. Leia gave him a knowing look. "You don't need to keep doing that. I think it scares R2."

"It used to, but he's used to it. Besides, I need to keep practicing. Which reminds me," Luke added, "that R2 informed me that you had instructed him not to tell me something."

Leia's jaw dropped, and she turned to look for R2. "Why that little—"

"He's not here," Han told her, enjoying the spectacle.

Leia huffed and turned back to Luke. "It isn't that I don't trust you. But you would've tried to stop me."

Luke stared at her. "What?"

Leia pressed her lips together. "I've been sending R2 out looking for Force sensitive children, and even young adults, for you to train."

Luke's eyes widened. "Leia, I told you, I'm not ready—"

"Yes you are! Look how skilled you've become! Luke, you are the only Jedi in the galaxy! You must begin to teach others the ways of the Force."

"And I will, but not yet."

"When, then?"

Luke hesitated.

"We need more Jedi. I guarantee that though the Empire has been crushed, without more Jedi, a new Empire will rise, and this time, there will be too few Jedi to win the battle."

Luke was silent.

"I know you don't feel ready, but you are! Tell R2 to bring those he's found to you, and you can begin training. Our home is far too large for the four—I mean five, now—of us. There's room for more, for you to train!"

Luke bit his lip. "I....I'll think about it."

Leia took her brother's hand. "Don't be afraid, Luke. I can feel that you are. But there's no reason for it."

Luke looked at Leia, and she smiled up at him. He cleared his throat. "So. Did you think up a name for your son, yet?"

Leia nodded. "Ben."

Luke's eyes lit up. "Like Ben Kenobi?"

Han nodded. "That's right, kid."

Luke furrowed his brow, thinking it over. "Ben Solo." He beamed. "What a marvelous name."

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

438K 11.4K 62
❝spencer, all this week you've been holding my hands. what about your germ thing?❞ ❝you were more important.❞ hazel finley is a liar. but she's a da...
765K 28.3K 103
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
1.3M 57.6K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1.9M 86.2K 194
"Oppa", she called. "Yes, princess", seven voices replied back. It's a book about pure sibling bond. I don't own anything except the storyline.