Fires at Midnight (Cedric Dig...

By ladyghostofarose

In the world of magic they say a veela, like a siren, is perhaps the most tempting being there is with their... More

1 ~ Diagon Alley
2 ~ Hogwarts Express
3 ~ Sorting
4 ~ Kraken
5 ~ Seeker
6 ~ Discovering the Danger Called Venetor
7 ~ Unexpected Rendezvous
8 ~ Hogsmeade
9 ~ The Black Lake
10 ~ Monsters and Hospitals
11 ~ Fire & Water
12 ~ Ballroom Blitz
13 ~ Halloween Thief
13 ~ Cruelty
14 ~ Hair Down
16 ~ Waking up to a Nightmare
17 ~ Studies Abroad
18 ~ Self Inflicted Pain and Suffering
19 ~ Yearning and the Yule Ball
20 ~ So This is Hell
21 ~ Not So Pleasant Surprise
22 ~ Ruined Reunion
24 ~ Unlikely Visitors
25 ~ End of All Hope
26 ~ Who Will Be There For You
27 ~ Just Can't Take Anymore
28 All For Love
29 ~ Goodbye
30 ~ Premonition
31 ~ Final Fight
32 ~ Fires at Midnight

15 ~ Removing the Masks

1.9K 49 6
By ladyghostofarose

The morning light shining on the blue glass made the room seem almost like an ocean as the two lay in each other's arms from the intoxicating night they had just experienced. It was still early in the morning and so no students could be heard outside on this weekend day. Vixen was the first to stir and escape from Cedric's loving arms to tend to a few things in the privy.

Once inside she took herself a quick shower and changed into a white sundress. Today while looking in the mirror she really looked at herself. Never before had she realized her eyes were blue with speckles of silver while her lips were the color of a cherry blossom. Her hair was actually much longer then she thought with a natural loose curl and here and there was strands of silver. This was an actual living and feeling being. Something Vixen had forgotten long ago. She was a real living being for she felt pain, sadness, fear, and....love.

She quickly dried her hair with a spell and decided that this was the day she would be spontaneous. She wasn't going to make sure her makeup and hair were flawless. Today she was letting her hair down and wild while she went without a stitch of makeup to hide herself from the world plus at this rate she might not even where any shoes!

She smiled at herself in the mirror but then she touched her hair and it was once again elegantly pulled up and her makeup was applied until once again she was perfect.

When she was finished she stepped out of her privy and came face to face with Professor Snape! She was glad she had done her hair and makeup for no doubt Snape would know something was up.

"I see you are up early this morning." he said in an emotionless dull tone. "Professor Sprout is missing a Prefect, Cedric Diggory, she was wanting you to use your Venator powers to find him. He was last seen talking to a Beauxbatons student in the ballroom last night. You will be rewarded if you recover him safely."

Vixen looked Snape over as she did from day one in her arrogant and snooty expression. "I will see to it that he is found. He may be unharmed when I find him but I cannot warranty he will be unharmed when he returns."

"I thought you would say that. Bring him back unharmed. For today only you have been granted access to anywhere you please whether it be the forest, lake, Hogsmeade, London, or Timbuktu. Do not abuse this privilege Miss. Venator or else there will be severe consequences."

"Professor Snape! Of pureblood decent I must remind you I am not one to tolerate let alone socialize with muggles especially in their primitive world now if you do not mind I will begin my hunt. Good Day Professor!"

Vixen had no idea why she got such joy talking to Professor Snape like this. She was always the dominate speaker and always won their tussle of words.

When she stepped back in her room Cedric finally awakened with a great smile across his face.

"You have no idea how amazing it is to wake up and see those blue eyes and that gorgeous smile."

Vixen blushed by the heart touching comment until she sat next to him.

"Well I guess everyone thinks you are something special. The faculty wants to send me out to find you and bring you back unharmed."

Cedric chuckled a bit as he ran his hand through his hair. "Well I guess I best hide so you can do your job and hunt me down!"

"Cedric if you become lost I cannot find you." Vixen replied in an almost ashamed voice.

Concerned Cedric asked, "Why not? You could before. Why can't you now?"

"I will tell you some other time. But today I get to abuse my privileges! I'm allowed to search for you anywhere in the world. So where are you hiding?"

Cedric knew right off where he wanted to take her. "We are going to Edinburgh!

Vixen immediately shook her head. "Not the muggle world! I have never been nor do I wish to! I don't know how to act or know any rules of their world!"

"Vixen, Trust me." He soothed as he gently caressed her hand.

That was all the convincing Vixen needed. He had done to her what she had done to him not too long ago. She trusted him and believed he would keep her safe.

"I'll tell you what little ice Queen. We won't go to the muggle world till tonight! But we are going to leave the grounds now. With that Cedric stood up and took hold of Vixen's hand and lead her out to the balcony where he grabbed his broom that he used to fly up to the balcony the previous night. Vixen sat behind him side saddle like a lady as they shot into the sky.

Cedric loved hearing her giggle as they soared recklessly through the clouds while her arms were tightly cinched around his waist.

They flew over the quiet countryside and saw countless sheep and cattle and then there were mountains with thick trees and a large river. In the middle of the mountains Cedric made his broom go into a dive toward an open area.

As they dramatically dove Vixen let a squeal of excitement and surprise escape as they neared their location.

Once on the ground Cedric took her hand and lead her toward the water.

"You like swimming right Vixy?"

Vixen shot him a confused look. "What did you call me?" she asked in an innocent tone.

Cedric smiled more and repeated it. "I called you Vixy! Needed something a bit shorter than Vixen although Vixen is a beautiful name but when it is just you and me I think I'd like to call you Vixy. I know Vix is even shorter but that sounds like a boy's name and you are defiantly no boy. But Vixy isn't the only name you will hear. Vixy and Lady and perhaps my Ice Queen.

Vixen laughed and said all right and seeing as you have started this secret naming I think it fair that I bestow a private name in which I shall call you." She smiled wickedly causing Cedric to smile and then she said, "Copper."

"Copper?" he asked while laughing.

"Yes, Copper! Don't think I don't know your middle name. You forget you cannot hide anything from me even though you can hide much from your peers."

He stepped closer and rested his hands on her hips as he looked into her eyes, "And I will never hide from you and I am grateful you shall only use this name in private."

She chuckled, "So Sir Copper, the King of the Highlands, why have we stopped here?" She called him this for she recalled this in his memory when he was a child. He thought himself the greatest warrior king of all the Highlands and had even built himself a stick sword and had stole one of his mother's skirts to use as a kilt.

"Ouch! The Lady has got sass! I guess the only thing to do is go for a swim to cool off the smoking tongue just burned me with!"

They both were laughing at this childish topic until Cedric took off his shirt and Vixen gasped.

"What?" he asked in a concerned voice.

"Nothing!" She quickly replied with eyes that seemed as though they would pop out of her head at any given moment.

"Well then come on and get it the water!"

Vixen looked at the water and then back at Cedric who was now waist deep in the water.

"Come on!" he cried.

Vixen stared at Cedric and had a thought. With that thought and with his eyes locked with hers, she began to take out the pins holding her hair in place until it tumbled down her back.

Cedric just stared in awe and was overcome with her beauty as she stood before him showing him a part of her that no one ever had.

She smiled sheepishly at him for a few moments until she pounced into his arms, catching him off guard for an instant but he had caught her in his arms. She had expected him to lose his balance and to fall but he stood tall holding her and the gesture was a wordless promise that he would never let her fall.

Vixen felt as though she was going to crawl out of her skin as her bare arms touched Cedric's exposed chest while his hot breath soaked into her skin. Her heart seemed as though it would pound out of her chest at any given moment as Cedric held her but her heart completely stopped once again as she felt his warm lips against hers.

Lightning seemed to shoot through them once again as they expressed through their lips the passion and love which overwhelmed their hearts and souls until Cedric pulled her closer so she was completely in his arms and then he leaned backwards until they were falling until the water engulfed them with lips still united.

When they emerged they both were laughing at their clumsiness until Cedric stopped to once again stare at Vixen. She stopped and stared at him unknowing as to why he seemed frozen as he stared at her. He looked as though he has just seen a holy being although she wasn't sure if this look was good or bad making her feel very uncomfortable and oddly self-conscious. She lowered her eyes and turned her head, seeming to break his trance. He reached out and placed his hands on the side of her face forcing her to look at him. "I'm left without words. Seeing you, the real you behind the mask that hides your true beauty has me speechless and knowing that I am truly blessed to see the real you. No perfect hair, no flawless makeup, no filters. This beautiful girl in front of me is stunning and more beautiful than the beautiful masks she hides behind. You are more radiant than anything or anyone I have ever seen. Vixen wasn't sure what to say and really there were no words needed. Cedric slowly leaned in and softly kissed her as if she were an angel. The kiss began to pick up speed and passion as the current took them down stream.

They had gone further than they had expected and so Cedric helped Vixen out of the water and called for his broom. She used a spell to dry them however it was clear that they needed fresh clothes and so Cedric flew them to a small town. There they went into a store where Cedric picked up a bunch of jeans and handed them to Vixen before sending her into a dressing as he took a seat as he waited for her to come out to show him. She made Cedric laugh when she stepped out of the dressing room for she was walking a bit funny and the comment she made was too much for Cedric to hold back the laugh

"Wow! I never knew I had long legs!" she said in a genuine surprised tone

Once he calmed himself he asked, "Have you ever worn pants Vixy?"

Still looking in the mirror she shook her head. "Always wore dresses and skirts. That was what I was supposed to wear even in sporting events."

"Well today you are also going to experience something rather interesting. Let's start our journey to the Edinburgh Storytelling Festival!"

Cedric purchased the pants and had offered to buy her new boots that were not high heeled, however she would not relent her heels which was something Cedric had to admit he loved on her.

This day Vixen was exposed to so many different cultures, foods, and people with Cedric always by her side holding her hand. Black Buns, Bannocks, Scottish Salmon, and Calcannons while listening to many of the myths and legends of the muggle world. These people were not primitive and barbaric as Vixen thought them to be.

As darkness consumed the land bagpipes began to ring. A big smile crossed Cedric's face and a sparkle in his eye twinkled. "Dancing Time!"

Vixen was very hesitant trying to refuse as Cedric pulled her closer and closer to the band.

"Cedric please no! I don't know the steps! I don't know how to dance like this!"

"You don't have to know the steps, come one!"

"But Cedric there is no one else dancing!"

It was too late. Cedric began dancing and skip around as Vixen stood there blushing from embarrassment but finally motivated herself to join him. While spinning and skipping around more folks joined in the frolicking until everyone was up and having a great time.

They danced through the night until they felt as though their knees would collapse. People began to leave to go home and now they knew it was time to go as well but first they went to an empty park where they took off their shoes and laid down on the grass to stare at the sky while holding hands until they found themselves becoming drowsy. It was time to return before more witches and wizards were sent out to find them.

Cedric pulled his broom out and Vixen quickly grabbed his hand and he looked into her eyes and she smiled and said, "Thank you for this day. It has been undoubably the best day of my life. Thank you... my Copper."

He smiled and softly replied, "Thank you for opening your heart to me a showing me the beauty behind the mask... my Vixey."

One last soft kiss and they began to fly back to Hogwarts with Vixen holding tight to Cedric while resting her head on his back as he held her hands with one of his as the other held onto the broom.

A romantic ending to a wondrous day of new adventures and exposing the true Vixen which hid behind the masks she wore.

*~*~*~*~* Weird question, can anyone find a connection between the names Vixey & Copper? *hint* Disney. ha ha.

Hope you are enjoying!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.1K 733 30
There is no cure in forgetting: pain cannot simply go away. Ella Peverell knew that from the bottom of her heart. A year and a half after the Final R...
266K 8K 70
❝ 𝐈 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 (𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐞𝐝), 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧, 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 �...
794 2 12
Seductive part one and two. Updated and edited. Ron X Reader Professor snape has a daughter? What happens when she joins the great wizardry school...
13.8K 287 43
"Who is she?" "She is the heir of Godric Gryffindor and quite possibly the most powerful witch the world has ever seen." ...