Lipstick [Narry-EDITING]

By NarryPerfection

"What kind of lipstick are you wearing?" "Who? Me?" "Yes, you sweetheart." "I'm not- these are their natural... More

LIPSTICK
~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~9~
~10~
~11~
~12~
~13~
~14~
~15~
~16~
~17~
~18~
~19~
~20~
~21~
~22~
~23~
~24~
~25~
~26~
~27~
~28~
~30~
~31~
~32~
~33~
~34~
~35~
~36~
~37~
~38~
~39~
~40~
~41~
~42~
~43~
~44~
PART 1: ~45~
PART 2:~45~
EPILOGUE
NOTES

~29~

5.5K 434 304
By NarryPerfection

Niall sat at his desk, his eyes glued on his computer screen. He was currently writing an email to send to Adidas for the meeting that will be scheduled around March because of business he had to attend to in February. 

He was fairly busy at the moment but that didn't stop him from silencing his phone. 

When it rang, Niall quickly took it out, expecting it to be someone else rather than Melissa. He wished he could end things right there and then but there are obstacles in the way. He still needed to handle her modeling audition and his mother with her daydreams of her son getting married to someone he didn't even love. 

"Hey Melissa," Niall said in a none-emotion shown tone. Ever since that night, he hasn't even tried to contact Melissa. The morning after was surprisingly not awkward. Melissa was gone and Niall was alone in bed. It was weird but Niall was still full of regrets. Its been eating him up lately. 

"Niall!" She said cheerfully. "I just wanted to know if you started to plan our week to L.A."

Niall frowned. "You know about that?"

"Of course," Melissa replied as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "They called me the day after Christmas. They said they had informed you about it too."

"Oh," Niall cleared his throat. "Well, yeah, I'm starting to plan everything. I just need to look at a few more things and then clear my schedule for at least 3 weeks. There's nothing eventful happening the first week of February, right?"

Niall took out his planner and looked at his schedule on the first week of February. He had a few calls and letters to write but other than that, he didn't see anything that he couldn't possibly move for another day.

"I don't believe so," Melissa responded. "Anyway, I'm really excited! I can't thank you enough."

"You should thank Louis too," Niall said while putting his planner away. "He gave me the connections and he taught you well."

"Yeah. . ." Melissa trailed off. "I'll be sure to thank him too when I can. I have to go but I'll call you soon. Bye! Love you."

Niall tried not to wince at the last two words Melissa said. It used to be so normal for him to reply the same two words back but now. . . now it felt wrong. 

"Yeah, me too. Bye."

The call ended and Niall put his phone down on his desk. He stared at it for a bit longer. He needed to do something about this so-called relationship with Melissa soon. He may have wanted to love her before, to truly deeply want her, but somebody else is now in his life. 

"Knock knock," Harry had suddenly opened the door slightly, peeking his head in. 

Niall looked up at Harry and smiled. "What are you doing here? I thought you were at work."

Harry walked inside, closing the door softly behind him. While walking towards Niall, Niall noticed Harry was holding a cardboard cup holder with two coffees sitting diagonally from each other and a small white bag.  Harry moved around Niall's desk to get closer to him, stopping to put the small white bag and the cup holder on Niall's desk. 

"I'm on my break. Just wanted to come see you."

"Oh, come here," Niall quickly said, pulling Harry on his lap. Harry stumbled on top of Niall and wrapped his arms around Niall's neck securely. 

"This is. . .interesting," Harry mentioned, his cheeks turning red and not from the cold this time. 

Niall leaned towards Harry, aiming for his lips until Harry's index finger stopped him. Niall pulled away and rose his eyebrow, wondering why Harry had stopped him. 

"Let's take this slowly," Harry sighed. It hasn't been long since they got on mutual terms again and Harry wanted this last chance to be better. He was going to take all the cautions he thought would be needed to be taken. Harry really did want to be with Niall and to do so they needed to be more careful.

In most situations, normally the person on the side of a relationship would demand for their forbidden lover to expose their relationship. But Harry heard Niall mention some complicated things standing in their way so Harry decided he would stay patient just a little bit longer. 

Of course Niall needed to tell him what these complications are some time soon for Harry to understand why it was so difficult for them to be together.

"Alright," Niall agreed, adjusting Harry on his lap by putting an arm over Harry's lap onto the side of his thigh. He gave Harry a chaste kiss on his cheek and smiled, looking into Harry's green eyes. 

They were a little dull, their shine not quite reaching its full potential but Niall knew that the sparkle in Harry's eyes would return soon. 

He just hoped he could be there when they did. 

He really doesn't want to lose Harry again.

"We should drink the coffee before it gets entirely cold. It is freezing outside," Harry said, reaching over to grab his coffee and handing Niall the other coffee.

They sat there talking for a while. During that time, Harry had move from Niall's lap to Niall's desk to get a better view of Niall sitting in the chair. It was a nice talk. They conversed of nothing too deep but it was still interesting. The topic they were having a conversation on was cut short when Niall's phone began to ring. 

Harry looked down to his side and saw the same name he saw that other night. 

Melissa. 

Harry became frightening silent. Niall didn't move an inch from his position as he stared at his phone until it stopped ringing. When it did, Harry tore his eyes away from the floor to look at Niall. 

"Weren't you going to answer it?" Harry asked quietly. 

Niall closed his eyes and took a deep breath before opening them again and looking at Harry with a smile. He was going to speak again when the phone began ringing again. Harry frowned, putting his cup down and grabbing the phone. Niall held his breath for a moment until Harry handed him his continuously ringing phone. 

"You should answer it. It could be important," Harry shook the phone that was still being held in the air. Niall was hesitant but eventually took the phone from Harry and answered it. 

"Hey Melissa," Niall mumbled. "Everything okay?"

"Niall! Finally you answer!" Melissa exclaimed. "I just got a call from my mother telling me that your parents are planning to come visit us in two days. Apparently you said you had something special planned for all of us!"

"What?" Niall was utterly confused. "I- no. That can't be. I don't remember. . ."

"Hang on. . .Oh! I just got a message from your mom saying that she is planning to take me shopping for a gown," Melissa continued to talk in excitement. "How fun! I can't wait for whatever you have planned, Niall. I need to go but I'll come over later. I love you!"

She quickly ended the call. 

"Everything alright?" Harry asked, swinging his legs back and forth slightly. 

Niall groaned, throwing his head back. He was already tired from work, what could his parents possibly want now?

"I guess my parents decided it would be a great time to come visit me," Niall rubbed his temples. "This is just going to put me behind schedule. Great."

"You don't want to see your parents?" Harry questioned. 

"No, it's not that. Its. . .they're the complication," Niall looked off to the side as if he was in another thought. Harry mumbled a soft oh as his eyes widened a little. He should have guessed the complication would be Niall's parents. It was almost the most obvious thing. 

Niall put his phone back on the table and stood up. 

He didn't say anything but his actions spoke more than he ever could. 

Niall brought Harry into a hug. With Niall's chin on top of Harry's head, he leaned his head against Niall's chest. Harry hugged Niall tightly around his waist while Niall held Harry closely against him.

Niall pulled away and stood between Harry's legs. His hands were on both of Harry's soft cheeks when he leaned down to press a soft kiss on Harry's forehead. 

Harry teasingly smiled and rolled his eyes, grabbing Niall by the collar of his shirt and pulling him down for a kiss. 

"I think I understand now," Harry said with a gentle voice. 

He kissed Niall's nose and sighed. 

School's kicking my ass and the freezing weather isn't helping me either. 

Predictions for why Niall's parents are coming to visit?

-Skyxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

368K 14.2K 50
Niall and Harry are the best of friends. Everyone at school wishes to have a friendship like Niall and Harry. They're also the most popular boys in...
432K 19.5K 24
"Hi Harry Styles. Is that your real name, or is it actually Harold?" "It's just Harry." "Ok. Is that your favorite band?" "Yeah, it is actually." ...
59.7K 2.5K 23
Harry was just a normal teenage boy from Cheshire; Niall was just a normal teenage boy from Mullingar. They tried the dating scene, and it just didn'...
131K 7.2K 70
"Is it possible to be in love with two people?" "Hell no." After being left by his boyfriend, Niall finds himself lost and heartbroken until he meets...