Maid in Lace (PUBLISHED)

By mizpanda

Milania Fox is a young woman who's been working as a maid since she was sixteen. She has had terrible past ex... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Really?
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Epilogue
Part Two: Chapter One
Part Two : Chapter Two
Part Two: Chapter Three
Part Two: Chapter Four
Part Two: Chapter Five
Part Two: Chapter Six
Part Two: Chapter Seven
Part Two: Chapter Eight
Part Two: Chapter Nine
Part Two: Chapter Ten
Part Two: Chapter Eleven
Part Two: Chapter Twelve
Part Two: Chapter Thirteen
Part Two: Chapter Fourteen
Part Two: Chapter Fifteen
Part Two: Chapter Sixteen
Part Two: Chapter Seventeen
Part Two: Chapter Eighteen
Part Two: Chapter Nineteen
Part Two: Chapter Twenty One
Part Two: Chapter Twenty-Two
Part Two: Chapter Twenty Three
Spin off
Part Two: Chapter Twenty Four
Part Two: Chapter Twenty Five
Part Two: Chapter Twenty Six
Part Two: Chapter Twenty Seven
Part Two: Chapter Twenty Eight
Don't Give Up
Part Two: Chapter Twenty Nine
Part Two: Chapter Thirty
Part Two: Chapter Thirty One
Advertising
Part Two: Chapter Thirty Two
Part Two: Chapter Thirty Three
Part Two: Chapter Thirty-Four
Part two: Chapter Thirty Five
Part Two: Chapter Thirty Six
Part Two: Chapter Thirty Seven
Competition and Fan art
Part Two: Chapter Thirty Eight
Part Two: Chapter Thirty Nine
Part Two: Chapter Forty
Part two: Chapter Forty One
News - Continuing MMIH/MIL series!!
The Best Announcement Ever!!! (and amazing competition for an amazing prize)
Just For you!
I never expected this!
FREE GOODIES JUST FOR Lil Llamas!!!
Want a secret chapter?
Even more free stuff for you!
Hooray for us!
Last day to get the free book!
OMG OMG OMG BEST NEWS EVER
TOMORROW
THE DAY IS HERE
ITS HERE, ITS HERE

Part Two: Chapter Twenty

147K 6.1K 838
By mizpanda

Double update because of all the amazing comments and support you've given me since the other day :)

Awesome cover by: sammybabies

-----------------------

I was surprised at Xander. Usually he would have stood up to anyone. "Are you annoyed at me?" He finally broke the silence. We had been sitting in the car for two minutes now with the food we bought.

"No, I'm just confused. I know he's family but he was so rude to Evangeline. You should have at least let me stand up to him"

"Millie... it's hard to explain"

I paused, "Does he have something wrong with him?" Maybe he had a disability and Xander felt bad for him. I didn't care, whatever the reason he still didn't need to treat people like crap. 

He let out a sigh. "Do you really want to know?"

"I wouldn't be asking other wise"

Xander leaned back in his seat, "When we were young, Seth and I were close. This is going to sound a stupid story, you probably won't understand"

"I will, tell me"

"He found this puppy."

"Okay?"

"The dog was in bad shape. He brought it to the vet and got him fixed up. In the end he came out with three legs and just one eye but he was probably the most spoiled dog ever, Seth treated her like a baby" That was cute but I had no clue where this was going.

"All Seth's friends called his dog deformed and disgusting. Only I and his parents saw it's real cuteness. It was the sweetest dog ever. Seth got so defensive, I don't know where it came from, he just realized how cruel and judgmental humans were."

"His.. ex friend, kicked his dog once and he went mental. He knocked him out, keep in mind Seth was twelve when he did this, but he was so protective of the dog. It may sound dumb but I kind of get it. He got so protective that if someone even looked at the dog, he'd get paranoid and think they'd be judging it"

"He smothered the dog with love, giving her double the affection that anyone dog would ever receive. He began hating people, seeing how they truly were but still kept some friends that didn't make mean comments... until his dog died"

"People may say it was just a dog, but she meant so much to him that he was heartbroken. He kind of cut people off, which made them think he was weird. They'd call him delusional because he was so upset over a dog"

I literally had tears in my eyes. I loved animals, so this hurt even more.

"So  since then... he just kind of changed. I think it was a terrible idea giving him a maid. There's either two bad outcomes of this, that's why I'm so worried. I can't be mean to him because... I don't know, I just can't."

I wiped the tears away and let out a small sniff. That was such an upsetting story but it was hard to imagine. That guy in there looked like he couldn't give a damn about anything. Finally I mumbled out, "What's the two bad outcomes?"

Xander paused.

"He'll either neglect Evangeline and... not treat her good. He won't hit her or anything or physically hurt her but he'll ignore her and you know how she's kind of... sensitive. I don't know"

"The second one?"

His jaw tightened, "He could become... attached to her?"

"Attached? Like a stalker?"

Xander offered me a strange look, "No. More like how he was with Poppy, his dog. He'll become over-protective, kind of possessive. I mean, you, you could handle it, you could almost teach him and put him in line but Evangeline, she's not as strong as you"

"That's a bad thing?"

"I think so" Xander hesitated, "But I think he doesn't like her. He'll probably neglect her and ignore her, then hopefully Henry will realize the mistake and send her somewhere else"

I paused, "I don't know, maybe it could help them both"

"How?" Xander raised his eyebrows but I shook  my head, "Did you cry at that story?"

I scowled, "OF COURSE! I LOVE ANIMALS! He got so protective because people treated his dog horribly and he's right... humans are terrible"

He nodded his head, "I suppose"

"Why did you stop talking to him? I thought you said you were close"

"Like I said, he shut people out when Poppy died. Then we didn't talk and just... fell out I guess."

"He's hot"

"Are you saying you want to be his maid?"

"What?"

"You're saying you love how he loves animals and how you relate to him. And he's hot" He arched an eyebrow. I couldn't tell if he was serious or not.

"You love animals too. And you're hotter" Did I just say that? Okay.

A grin appeared on Xander's face and he leaned over, planting a light kiss on my lips, "Thought so"

I rolled my eyes with a sigh before they landed on Evangeline and Seth leaving the store. He had his hands shoved in his jacket pockets, walking forward. There was about a meter between them and it seemed she was making sure to keep her distance while carrying the plastic bag of shopping.

I frowned. I didn't know whether to feel bad for him or not. I let out a sigh and sat back, "We should check up on them in a week or so"

He raised his eyebrows, "Why?"

"I don't know, just in case you're right. She's been put through a lot, she doesn't need another mean master"

"Yeah"  Xander finally started up the car, "Let's go home"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

412 40 22
A young witch spends most of her days alone in her cabin doing small things to keep herself busy until one day an old friend of hers begs for help. W...
12.1K 895 26
**ROMANTIC DRAMA/COMEDY** (Mature chapters will be available in private book) Have you ever had those cruel, negative little voices whispering in you...
52 0 15
Jessica Simmons lived a happy life in Los Angeles, California. That is until her younger brother died in a car accident that she had to witness. His...
401K 8.2K 33
A crime boss struggles to carry out a vendetta after he falls for the spirited daughter of his enemy. ...