Last First Kiss #Wattys2014

By KathleenCansis

The One Direction boys didn't know that someone named Lexi Higgins exists. Neither did they know that she is... More

PLEASE READ
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Author's Note
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Author's Note
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Epilogue
Thank You, Goodbye For Now

Chapter 37

32.7K 854 164
By KathleenCansis

"What do you mean you can't do this anymore?" he asks, sounding quite mad. He releases his hands on my arms and puts them down to his side.

I look up at him to see that tears are forming in his eyes. "I just need time because I can't stand it anymore. I can't stand the hate I get from people who barely know me. I can't stand the pain they let me go through - physically and emotionally. And I can't stand the fact that they will never leave me alone because they don't want me to be happy with you. I can't make this sacrifice anymore, it's too big. And I know for one thing that I don't deserve all this hate."

"And you don't think that the sacrifice I'm making for us isn't big?" he asks, his voice becoming louder by the minute. "You don't think that I don't go through the same pain that you go through? Don't you know that it kills me inside to see you hurt? Don't you know that I've done everything I could to stop those haters from hating you? I've made great sacrifices too, you know."

"That's the point - Liam. We can't do anything to stop them from hating me. No matter what we do, no matter what I do, they will hate me because I'm with you. And no, you don't go through the same pain that I'm going through, because you're not the one they're hating on. You're not the one receiving death threats. You're not the one who's hair gets pulled on. You're not the one receiving all the hate. You're Liam Payne, for crying out loud. They will never hate you, they worship you. So where does all the hate go? To me!" I say as the tears fall down my cheeks. I bury my face in my hands, crying hysterically.

"So you want to break up with me?" he asks. I lift my head to look him in the eye. "This is it. You're giving up on us. After all that we've been through," he says, shaking his head as he puts his hands on his waist.

I snort. "All I ask is a bit of time, a bit of space. But here you are, claiming that I want to break up with you. Maybe it's you who wants to break up with me, Li. Tell me, how many hot girls did you see and wish that they were me? How many girls did you lay your eyes on and wish that they were your girlfriend, instead of me?"

"Do you really think that I could be that low?" he asks, sounding disappointed. "I only had my eyes on you."

"Had," I emphasize what he said. "You know what, I'll save you all the sacrifices and the embarrassment. Maybe we should really break up," I say, wiping away my tears. "And this is not me giving up on us. This is me, looking out for what's best for the both of us."

"No, you're only looking out for what's best for you," he corrects, rubbing his forehead in frustration. "Don't you trust me anymore? Do you still doubt me, Lexi?" he asks.

"I don't know. I don't know what to think anymore!" I reply, messing up my hair in irritation. The words from Anthony days ago just makes me question everything about our relationship. It's irritating because I know that I shouldn't be questioning our relationship.

"Didn't you consider me in all this? What about me, Lexi? What about my happiness?" he asks. "Did you ever think about what would happen to me if you left? How terrible and miserable I'll be?"

"Of course I did, Liam," I reply.

"You know exactly what will happen to me if you leave me. Yet, you're still willing to go," he says, looking at me with hurt in his eyes.

I stand up to face the window, trying to calm myself in order for me to think straight. I've made a decision, and I'm going to stick to it. No matter how selfish I may seem.

There's a moment of silence and the only thing that I can hear is both our breathing. I can tell he's thinking about all this, really hard.

I turn around to face him. He's seated on the edge of the bed, looking down at his hands. "Look me in the eye and tell me you still love me," I say, moving closer to him. He looks at me straight in the eyes.

"I love you, Lexi. I really, really do. More than anything in the world," he says, giving out a huge sigh. He cups my face in his hands.

"But?" I ask, knowing what he was about to add to his statement.

"You're an amazing person. I'm the luckiest person in the planet because I have you as my girlfriend. And you're right, you don't deserve all this hate. It kills me to see you hurt. It kills me to know that because of me, you're hurt," I nod at what he said.

Before I know it, tears start pouring out of Liam's eyes. A girl's tears are precious, but a lad's is even more precious. I barely see Liam cry and seeing him now, is the hardest thing ever. The sight of Liam looking so fragile as tears start pouring out of his eyes is heartbreaking.

"But I can't do it, Lexi," he manages to say between his sobs. "I can't let you go. It'll kill me."

"If you really love me, you'd let me go. You'd let me be happy even if it means that the happiness I'll have won't be with you," I say, trying to stop my tears from falling. I wipe his tears away. "Give me time to be stronger. Maybe in a parallel universe, we could have made this work. We're the perfect couple, Li. We're just not -"

"We're just not in the perfect situation," he continues for me. He holds both my hands tightly. "Please, don't go. Please don't leave me. I love you, Lexi. What can I do to make you stay? Tell me what to do. I'll do anything. Anything," he asks.

"You can't do anything, Liam," I reply, standing up. I pull my hands away from his strong grip. "I'm sorry," I say, walking out of my bedroom.

I run out of our house, leaving Liam in our bedroom. I can't bear to see him cry. I run towards my car, unlock it and step inside. I pull my phone out of my pocket to see that I have over ten missed calls from Eleanor and Perrie. I'll call them back later. I start calling the one person I know I can talk to - Niall.

~

"What's wrong? When you called on the phone I was worried because of your voice. I could clearly tell that you're crying," he says, opening the door after I rung the doorbell a couple of times. Once he sees me and the state I'm in, he pulls me in for a hug.

After a few more seconds, he finally releases me and leads me to the couch. I take a seat as he sits beside me. "Would you like some tea?" he asks. I nod in reply.

I know you're probably shocked. Why Niall? Well, Eleanor and Perrie are really great friends, but I'm scared that they would just tell me to go back to Liam and be the strong woman I really am - which is the last thing I want to do right now. Harry's also a great friend but knowing his records in the relationship department, well, I just didn't think so. As for Zayn and Louis, I'm just not that close to them as I am to Niall and Harry.

All I need right now is someone to listen to my problems. Someone who can listen to my rants and drama. I just don't feel like listening to people giving me advice and telling me what's the right thing to do. And I know that Niall is just the lad because of his pure innocence.

Niall comes back to the living room with two cups of tea. He hands me one and I take it from him, smiling at him in gratitude. He sits next to me and faces me. "Are you ready to talk about it?" he asks.

"Liam and I broke up," I tell him, placing my cup of tea on the center table. He looks at me, bewildered. His expression seemed as if he couldn't believe what he just heard me say. "You heard right, Nialler," I say.

He nods. "Why all of a sudden? I though you two were - "

"Forever," I finish his sentence for him. I give out a sigh. "Yeah. I thought so too. Well, things didn't go the way we thought it would."

"Is this because of all the fans and the hate you're getting from them?" he asks. I just nod in reply. "They can be quite crazy. But as a friend, I respect your decision to break up with one of my best mates. It's hard to accept the fact that you two are over, but I truly respect your decision. After all, you don't deserve the hate."

"Thank you, Niall. What you said means a lot to me," I say. "I knew I came to the right person."

He chuckles. "Anytime," he says, giving me a wink.

"Hey, Niall. I'm sorry to ask you this, but how come you've never had a girlfriend since you became famous?" I ask, letting my curiosity get the best of me.

He gives out a sigh, "I just want to focus on my career and management wants to keep me single since the four other boys keep dating. I'm fine with it though, since I haven't found the one."

"And if you do find the one?" I ask, taking another sip from my tea.

"Then I won't let her go," is all he says. "Now, is there anything I can do for you?" he asks.

I smile at him, "I hope it will be fine with you if I crash for the night? I'm leaving tomorrow morning. I can't go to my Dad's because I'm sure he won't stop asking me all these questions and Perrie and El have their boyfriends over, so."

"It won't be a bother. You can sleep in the guest room," he replies.

"And, one last tiny favor," I say, smiling widely. "Can you please get my suitcase from my house? I don't feel like seeing Liam because then it would be very awkward. Besides, he sort of kicked me out of our house already."

"Sure thing. I'll go there right now," he says, picking up his car keys and walking towards the door.

"Thanks, Nialler! I owe you big time!" I call out. He turns around to face me and gives me a cheeky smile.

Once he steps out of the house, my phone rings. I check the caller ID to see that it's Eleanor.

"Hi," I say, trying to sound happy.

"Where on earth are you?" she asks, sounding worried. "Perrie and I went to your house and no one was answering the door. You weren't answering your phone and neither was Liam."

"I'm at Niall's," I reply.

"Why are you at Niall's?" I hear Perrie ask. I'm probably on speaker phone.

"Because Liam and I broke up," I reply. Perrie and El gasp in horror.

"We're on our way," El says, ending the call.

A few minutes later, the door bell rings and I stand up to get it. As I open the door, El and Perrie immediately envelope me in a huge hug.

"Tell us everything," Perrie says, walking towards the couch. El and I follow after her, sitting beside her on the couch.

"I couldn't take it anymore," is all I say, hoping that they would understand.

"And how come you came to Niall instead of us?" El asks, sounding quite hurt.

I smile at her, but before I could reply, Perrie cuts her off, "Because she knows that if she came to us, we'd tell her to go back to Liam and not break things off with him." I nod, agreeing with what Perrie said.

El sighs, "I'm still quite shocked."

"That makes two of us," Perrie says. "Where's Niall anyways?" she asks.

"I'm here," Niall says, closing the door behind him. He rolls my suitcase inside. "Hey girls. How are you?"

"We're fine," El replies, smiling at Niall.

"Here is your suitcase," Niall says, looking at me.

"Thanks Niall. I certainly owe you one," I reply, smiling at him. "How's he?" I ask, feeling nervous to hear the answer.

"Not good," Niall replies, shaking his head as he gives out a loud sigh.

Not good. 
That makes two of us.

-:-:-:-:-:-

Hey! Sorry for the late update. If I had the chance to update sooner, I would have.

So, I'm sure that A LOT of you are mad because I broke them up. But I'd have you know that this chapter was the hardest chapter for me to write because I am a HUGE Lexiam fan so, yeah. Please, avoid putting hate comments down below. And do continue reading to see if they will get back together. I still have 12 more chapter left and a lot can happen in those chapters. ;)

A lot of you have suggested that I write a chapter of Perrie and Zayn's wedding in this story. I'm still thinking about it because if I do, then I won't be able to write a fanfic of Zayn in this series unless it's a Zerrie fanfic. Same goes for Elounor.

Please don't forget to leave a comment, vote, and follow. If you want me to dedicate a chapter to you, send me a MESSAGE in my INBOX. Thank you!

If you haven't read the sneak peek to "Summer Love", YOU JUST HAVE TO! Go to my stories and you can see my story "Summer Love".

I already picked a title for my Harry, Zayn and Louis fanfics. If you want to know, I posted a new part titled "PLEASE READ" before the first chapter. Go check it out! :)

Question: What did you think of Taylor Swift's diss to Harry during her VMA's acceptance speech?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING
Katie :) x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

780 7 8
What if an Aussie Directioner goes to London and became a big star there? Well, meet Lexi Tyler. She's a Massive Directioner since 2012 when the boys...
7.6K 138 40
Kelsey Maxwell lost her mother at a young age in a house fire; she has no siblings to turn to and the only friends she has are guys, but they always...
4.5K 42 32
A tale of a previously normal girl gone big. Isla Quinn is best friends with biggest boy band, One Direction. Everywhere she goes, and everyone she...
100K 870 38
Wow. For once in my life I've won a contest. Literally, I've never won a contest before. Thing is, with those contests, I've entered myself in. I did...