Damaged »•» Will Turner

By -infinitefantasies

"But let me tell you something Mr. Will Turner, damaged people are dangerous, they know how to survive." "Te... More

Chapter 1•Together Again
Chapter 2•We're Pirates
Chapter 3•I'd Die for Her
Chapter 4•I can't Dance
Chapter 6•To Freedom
Chapter 7•While I'm Away
Chapter 8•Confused and Damaged
(9) Dead Man's Chest
Chapter 10• Natives
Chapter 11• Punching makes Every Thing Better
Chapter 12• Family Issues
Chapter 13• Stupidity
Chapter 14• Mine
Chapter 15• Godspeed Jack Sparrow
Potc 5
Chapter 16• Tears
(17) At World's End
Chapter 18• Reunited
update? no. important? maybe.

Chapter 5•The Code

11K 233 23
By -infinitefantasies

I struggled to stay aboard as the wind and lightning picked up spraying water everywhere, I was soaked to the bone. I stumbled as our ship leaned to the left making me fall for a moment.

"Marty!" I yelped seeing the poor dwarf holding on to a rope for his life. I quickly grabbed the lad setting him to the ground.
"Thank you Miss." He said before scurrying off.

I came to Will and Gibbs side trying to get the sails under control. Until a wave crashed aboard our ship the power knocking us over. The three of us quickly sprang up and I jumped at the clap of thunder.

God I hate storms.

Will and I tugged on the top and Will asked, "How do we said to an island that no body can find? And with a compass that doesn't work?" He shouted over the storm.

"Jack's compass is the best there is!" I defended wiping the water off my face to see better.
"Though his compass doesn't point north we're not trying to find north are we?" Mr.Gibbs added.

I emptied the water catching in my hat. "We are going to sink!" Will said. I smiled at him.

"No we're not! We're catching up!" I grinned as another wave crashed aboard. My clothes were sticking to me my hair everywhere. I left will nearly falling on my way up to Jack.

"Are we close brother?" I asked smiling at him.
"We are getting there!" He smiled back. "Watch out!" He shouted as a sail came my way. I screamed as it hit me but pulled myself up standing with my arms spread wide.

"CHARLOTTE!" Will and Jack chorused in worry.
"I'm alright!" I shouted over the storm.
"It won't budge!" Jack fretted.

"It's alright! I'll just stay up here..." I said almost puking at the sight of the crashing waves below me.

I looked around steadily making my way closer to the ship. Which was idiotic as to when the boat tipped to the right I slipped.

Yelping, I was now dangling above my fingers merely hanging onto the rope that tied the sail to the wooden skeleton to support the sail.

Now I was scared. But I didn't want to worry them just yet. Once again, I edged myself to the mainmast pole cringing when the sail swayed.

"Charlotte!" Will said below me. And by now a good percentage of the crew had seen my predicament.

"It's okay!" I called down when I was close enough to the boat deck. "I just have to..." I began to swing my body forwards and backwards.

"Charlotte Sparrow! Don't you dare!" Jack warned. The wind and the rain pushed against my back making it a bit harder for momentum.

"Shut it Jack!" I yelled sharply. Just a few more swings... And I let go.

The crew shouted in worry but I did make it onboard. Will quickly enveloped me in a hug. "You are incredibly stupid." He sighed as I shivered from the cold.

"Y-yeah. Let's go help Jack with the sails.

• • • • •

The storm had calmed down by now and we made it to somewhere. I think it was the island. We passed many crashed ships as we slowly sailed down the narrow, murky path.

"It's horrible how many honest sailors have been claimed by this passage." Mr.Gibbs commented. I nodded in agreement feeling the boat shake as we hit something small.

"How is it that Jack came by that compass?" Will questioned following Gibbs. I sighed following as well.

"No one knows." Mr.Gibbs said. "That was before I had met him. When heels Cap'n of the Black Pearl."

"What? He failed to mention that." Mr.Gibbs chocked on his rum looking at me for reassurance. I shrugged.

"Well, he never had to. That was a hard time for the both of us." I whispered.

"You see the siblings keep things closer to the heard they do. It was a hard learned lesson. Ya see, one of his trusted crew men says everything's an equal share. That means the location of the island too." Gibbs explained, Will listening intently. "Later that night there was a mutiny. They marooned him on and island and left him to die." Gibbs looked towards me to continue my part.

"Well I was removed from first mate of course and the crew that they could keep me as a toy. But I struggled against it getting beaten in return. Finally the Captain sought me to dangerous to keep and took a wooden board and through it out to sea before tossing me in the water as well. I stayed on the board awaiting death as well I until Elizabeth and their crew found me." I explained looking down thinking of the memories. Will pulled me in his arms like I was his life support.

"Now Jack on the island, went mad with hate." Gibbs continued on. "Now when a pirates marooned he's given a pistol with a single shot. And after three weeks of starving and thirst the pistol was starting to look real friendly." Gibbs made a gesture of shooting himself. "But Jack escaped the island and he still has that single shot. To avenge him and his sister. It is saved for one man, the mutinous loyal 'friend'..."

"Barbossa." Will concluded.
"Aye." I said. "And Jack said the crew was mine to deal with after what they've put me through."

"How did Jack get off the island." Will wondered.
"Ah! He waded out into the shallows and he waited there three days and three nights, and all sea animals called to his presence and on the fourth morning he roped himself a couple of sea turtles, bunched the turtles together and made a raft." Will looked unbelieving as did I. I knew that wasn't but then again, Jack never told me the real reason.

"Sea turtles? What did he use for rope?" Will countered. Gibbs opened and closed his mouth. Until my brother approached.

"Human hair. Off my back. Let go the anchor! And let go of my sister" Jacks said making Will let go of me. I sniggered at the lad.

"Ahoy!" The crew chorused.

"Cap'n? What if the worst should hap'n?" Gibbs asked.
"Keep to the code. Every one of you." He said looking at me and my shocked face.

"J-Jack no!" I burst out briskly following him.
"That's an order!" He boomed making me shrink back. "I am your Captain! You will listen to me!"

I glared at him, "Aye, aye Captain" Anger fled my body, ignoring Jack's hurt look. I marched to shore hitting Will's shoulder on the way.

• • • • •

We rowed through the murky water going through the cave. I paid no mind to the pirate skeletons we passed as I rowed with Ana.

I saw Will's mouth open in shock or fear, "What code is it that we are to keep to?"

"The pirates code." Jack answered. "Every man that falls behind is left behind."

I sharply grabbed a sword from a skeleton's chest and the skeleton splashed in the water. "Oh sorry." I apologized to the dead pirate wiping the sword with my shirt. It was a little heavy but it would do just incase.

"No heroes amongst thieves ay?" Will replied rolling his eyes.
"You know for someone with such a bleak outlook on pirates your well on your way to becoming one." Jack said.

"Sprang a man from jail, commandeered a ship, took a crew out of Tortuga, and your completely obsessed with treasure." Jack listed as we docked.

"That's not true, I have no obsession with treasure." Will defended. I made my way up front of them practically ignoring their presence from how pissed I was at Jack.

"Not all treasure is silver and gold mate." Jack reminded as we climbed to a small opening.

"Our torment is near and end! For ten years we've been tested and tried, and each man here as proved his metal a hundred times over. And a hundred times again." His crowd of evil scum cheered. "Punished we were the lot of us. Misfortunate to our prime!"

I paid no more attention my eyes locked on my best friend. Until they pointed at her. I quickly moved myself to leave but Jack and Will grabbed my arm. And they slid me down noisily knocking down coins.

"Wait for the opportune moment." Jack whispered. I rolled my eyes snatching my arms back. Walking down to find an easier way.

"And when will that be? When it's the greatest profit for you?" I snapped making Jack's footsteps stop behind me and I turned sharply to face him.

"May I ask you something? When have I ever given you a reason not to trust me? But please stay here and try not to do anything stupid." He said walking off leaving me with Will.

Will actioned before me grabbing a paddle and chasing after Jack.
"Wait Will, what are you doing?" But he paid me no mind.

"Sorry Jack," Jack turned to us. "But I'm going to be your leverage." And he knocked him out with the paddle. I gasped.

"Why did you do that?" I asked Will.
"For you. I want to make you happy and get your best friend back." He explained.

"Thank you so much Will, I hope you stay safe Will. Please don't fall behind." I begged to which he nodded.

I smiled at him watching the scene unfold. I breathed out in relief as they just cut her hand. But nothing happened. We waited for some miracle to happen but after moment nothing occurred.

I quickly ran silently with Will following. We kneeled behind a pile and I flinched when I heard a gunshot but kept going.

"Was your father William Turner?" Barbossa asked. Elizabeth smiled defiantly.

"Where is the child of William Turner where?" When no answer came he backhanded her knocking he down and making he pass out. I clasped a hand over my mouth.

Will gestured over to the water and I nodded slipping in and wading underwater toward Elizabeth.

I clasped a hand over her mouth knowing she'd wake up. She jumped but realized it was me and quickly got in the water and grabbed the medallion as the pirates fought.

We got out of the water going around the corner.

"You came for me." She said hugging me. I nodded.
"I missed you." I said pulling away.

"Will I'm sorry for using your name you were just the last person I saw when I got captured and I panicked-"
"It's alright." He smiled in a friendly way.

Our greetings were cut short hearing the yelling pirates get closer.
"They know you've gone. We have to hurry." I said pulling them with me. But me being me, I slipped in the rocks scraping my hands. I hissed but ignored the stinging.

As we made our way on the ship I paused.

"M'boy where be Jack?" Gibbs asked as Elizabeth complained about pirates.
"He fell behind." Was his answer.

My stomach fell. I went to the edge of the boat.
Marty came beside me, "Don't do it."

"He's my brother. He's all I got left." I said about to jump of to swim back to shore.
"Grab her! Jack said keep to the code!" Gibbs ordered.

"No!" I shouted trying to pry off the many hands pulling me back on deck. "Let me go!Please! I need to get him!" I held back unwanted tears as Mr.Gibbs held on to me. I elbowed, scratched, and kicked but I was growing weaker.

"Weigh anchor!" AnaMaria ordered and the crew quickly followed as I let the tears flow free silently.

"Get off me!" I spat marching down towards my cabin.

• • • • •

I sat angrily wrapping my hands in the small cabin. I was angry with myself, the crew, and Jack. I didn't go to help him, because the crew was listening to a Jack, and Jack ordered the rule.

There were soft knocks on my door. "Come in." I said wiping away my tears. Will walked in sitting across from me.

"Oh it's just you." I whispered.
"Are you okay?" He sat beside me.
"No I'm not will. I sure as hell not." I spat more tears filling my eyes as I failed at simply wrapping my hands.

"Here let me." He gently grabbed my hand wrapping it they way it should have been done. I felt eerily calm around him. I knew I had fell for him quite badly.

His warm hands were comforting and against my cold ones and I gasped when he did it a bit too tight.
"Sorry," he quickly apologized. "Blacksmiths hands I know their rough."

"No, I mean yes, but just please don't stop." I sighed closing my eyes. His hands slowly trailed up my arm to my neck and collarbone. His hands travelled up to my cheek and I leaned into his touch.

"Will..." I trailed off wanting to tell him something I should have told him a long time ago.

"Charlotte." I opened my eyes and gasped quietly at his love filled ones.

"I need to tell you something and I'm not sure how you'll react." I said.
"Go on." His hand grasped mine.

"I know why Elizabeth's blood didn't work." I started. "That medallion she had belong to a pirate I knew of, William Turner or Bootstrap-"

Will snatched his hand from mine, "They needed my fathers blood, my blood." His hand clenched in a fist. "The blood of a pirate.

"I'm so sorry for keeping this from you please forgive me." I begged. He slammed his hand on the bed side table next to me making me jump.

I wanted to say something but I couldn't. I knew he was disappointed in himself and me. So I left.

• • • • •

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 4.6K 27
It turns out the pirates life was different than Will had imagined it. Especially when Elisabeth Swann gets taken and he joins Captain Jack Sparrow a...
2.4K 55 6
(Sequel to Peas in a Pod (Sparrabeth/WillTurnerxOC) Book1) - Elizabeth and Will's wedding was ruined, to their utmost delight. Will must find Jack an...
40.8K 966 23
Rosemary Rivers is a Daughter of a commadore of Weaterby Swann. He was brutally murdered on sea. And when mister Swann crossed the sea towards Port R...
233K 8K 37
She was the Sun. He was the Moon. Together they balanced out each other. Catherine Bailey is the cousin of Elizabeth Swann and best friends to Wil...