Demitytes Bride

By ink_on_parchment

[No.6 in Fantasy! - 16 August 2016 ] Kashara was sandwiched between the hard wall and Fallon. "Now listen h... More

Demitytes
Kashara
Kashara revealed
shifting worlds
Groom Ball
Once Upon a Time
Here comes the prince.
Foreboding
Time of our Destiny
The devil wears persuasion
Threll
Jiggling frog bottoms and other dangerous beasts
When the universe conspires against you
Riding off into sunset and other ridiculous romantics
Persephone had it better
I see London. I see France.
The killing perfection that is Fallon
The noble and most ancient house of the Dryadel Aliithor
A very cosy ball
A Sweltering ball
Fine ass buns and Espionage.
Primordial Battle
Nearly did murder, almost asphyxiated, but good talk.
Food Appreciation becomes an acquired taste
Fallon's guardian angel has two left feet.
Judging books by covers
A study in society
To Reign in Hell
The diary of a maid has a chapter on dusting. And espionage. But mostly dusting
A silence that speaks
The God of Deceit
Knocking the devil's door
Perfect
A dramatic Rebellion
The mark of a Traitor
Delving Deeper
Destiny
A blast from the past...Or rather an old flame of Fallon's.
A traitorous Uncle.
An Ugly Truth
Home
Presque vu

Food appreciation is a deadly hobby

2.1K 96 4
By ink_on_parchment

How does one find the kitchen? Great philosophers and geniuses have suggested the wonderful theory of "Following your nose". However Kashara had a feeling Fallon, who probably abhorred any explicit sensory overload, had no desire to suddenly stumble upon a patch of air smelling like smoked chicken or simmering stew whatnot in his castle, and had probably eliminated that solution from the equation. She highly doubted that he had not somehow smell-proofed the kitchen doors.

She wandered around the castle, when she spotted a maid scurrying along the corridor, wearing that weird uni-colour dress. Aha! Kashara triumphantly decided to follow her to the kitchens, surreptitiously though. Maids were not known for their friendliness; to her at least.

The maid however suddenly paused before a door in the corridor, looking right and left sneakily. Looks like someone doesn't want to be followed. Kashara thought and leaped behind the corridor bend next to her. Well, I'll respect her wishes and not let her know I did. Though Kashara had never seen the kitchen, she somehow doubted it sat so inconspicuously in an abandoned corridor. No. This was not going to end well for my stomach... Kashara thought as she inched closer.

She drew closer to the flowing glass door and tried peering through it. All she could make out was a tall slim man and the back of the maid embracing. Before she could gain a better vantage point, the glass door sort of clouded over and turned opaque. Looks like Miss Maid has decided to pursue a little extra curricular activity. How clandestine...

Kashara stepped away from the door. She had no idea why she was curious as to what was going on. A blush rose up as she could just imagine what was going on inside. She was now lost and still had no idea where the kitchen was. Grrrrrr... Her stomach voiced its displeasure with earth shaking grumbles. She was no stomach whisperer, but she had a feeling she knew what her digestive organ was saying.

Looks like she was going hungry tonight. She slowly tried to find her way back to her room, hoping that she would miraculously stumble across the kitchens. However, the sound of feet suddenly had her turning back. The same maid had reemerged from the room. Kashara ducked back behind the corridor bend and watched her.

A tall man, wearing the robes with a court insignia stepped outside and waved to the maid. The maid looked frightened and barely managed a wave. She spoke softly "Are you sure this is necessary? I am sure His Highness will forgive you, at least for our sake. I...Don't you think this pois—"

"SHH! Careful of what you speak outside! The walls have ears! There is no other choice! Remember your promise. Now go! " The man silenced her harshly.

The maid gave one last terrified look and fled. Kashara was shocked. A nefarious plot in the action against Fallon. There was no doubt some sort of Rebellion attempting to assassinate Fallon. She steeled herself. There was only one thing to do.

Jump for joy!!Hurray!! Oh yes, if Fallon was assassinated, she could escape Demitytes. Maybe the Rebellion group might help her if she offered her assistance to their cause! Yes! Kashara could not contain her squeal of joy as she thought of her ingenious plan. The exclamation caused the man to suddenly poke his head and look at the corridor from his room. Kashara clasped a hand over her mouth and hid behind the corridor as the maid passed by her hiding place.

She was sure this would work.Yes! But how to approach the man? He might not believe her. He would not believe her. She had to proof her honesty to him and to the Rebel Group. How could she do that? Kashara thought... Maybe bring a lock of Fallon's hair to them? Or maybe something more substantial...like his arm or his leg?

Well that was going to be difficult...Maybe I should stick with his hair, or actually how about his clothes? That had to be easier, and I wouldn't even have to look at Fallon's face. And get tempted to jump his bones off, a vice added.Yes, avoiding contact with Fallon was better. That way, she wouldn't be tempted to call off her mission and suddenly give him mouth to mouth resuscitation, especially when she might have likely poisoned him in the first place.

Kashara mentally patted herself on her back for her plan. Yes! She finally had a way to get back to Erth; and a willing party who hated Fallon enough! She had to somehow contact them now, she thought as she followed the maid. The poor maid, look so traumatised from her rendezvous that she seemed as if she might drop dead from shear terror.

Oh sweet Sybil...If she faints I lose my lead to my escape. Her stomach growled in annoyance. And my lead to the kitchen. Kashara hastened so as to not let the maid out of her sight. The kitchen assaulted her nose before it could assault her eyes. The smell of vegetables and meats roasting away, the soups and stews boiling, and the sweet fragrance of desserts she had never heard of. She stood at the entrance in awe of the magnificent sight that was the Demitytan Palace kitchen.

The elementals drew fires for the cooking, a humongous body of fire that danced around pots and pans without burning the food. There also were this bunch of elementals who guided the water for the cleaning, huge waves of water leaping forth from a enormous pool dousing dirty utensils, and ripping the stains from them. Some people were using spell crafts to cut and move food and utensils. Well, when she said some, she meant like nearly fifty odd people. The kitchen was as huge as the pavilion in the Institution, and bunches of people gathered in each station, systematically doing everything. There was a rhythm to the whole thing and Kashara still had her jaw open.

Mages on Erth would have scorned at something like working in the kitchen. It was a punishment for magelings who didn't behave in the Institution actually; talking in class — a week of kitchen duty. Forget your homework — two weeks. Skip classes — a month.

It was disconcerting to come from Erth, where magic was afforded high honour and importance, and see it being used for menial task like this on Demitytes. Kashara wondered if Demitytes ever prized magic, or if elementals were so much in abundance that magic was a common commodity. Come to think of it, the magical ability of someone never came into discussion here, as far as she had heard. Kashara was reinforced of the belief that maybe everyone had magic here.

The maid Kashara followed had long since disappeared into the throng of workers dancing around each station. They were like bees rallying around their Queen, only they were probably cannibalistic, because their queen was very edible and tempting, especially for Kashara's stomach right now.

She walked into the kitchen, half in a stupor of hunger, bumping into a maid carrying a tray of mouth watering meats on a silver platter. The maid managed a save in the last second and secured the tray on her hip, levelling a glare at Kashara. She promptly did a double take, noting Kashara's lack of uniform.

"What in the world are you wearing? Where is your uniform?" She cried shrilly.

Kashara blinked slowly, as if processsing what she said, and replied, "Oh, I am not a maid here." She paused and addded, "Umm... I am the..." She paused again wondering if it was wise to tell her she was the Queen. She was surrounded by maids, some of whom she suspected had a violent dislike for her, if one judged the butchered up dinners she got. Maybe they rather hoped her face was the target practice, than the food they gave her.

And Kashara didn't feel like becoming target practice anytime soon. Actually, never was more accurate, she thought, eyeing the huge butcher knives floating around and flying with devastating force towards the chunks of meat. She gulped slowly, a hand clutching her throat. If the last message she got for dinner was any indication, there was a high probability they might turn towards her; Enjoy your dinner, freak. A step out of line and it will be you on this plate.

She had no desire to wind up on a dinner plate with a generous amount of chilly sauce and gravy on her, thank you very much. She had no idea how she could enjoy the dinner with such a pronouncement on her mind, though she appreciated the sentiment.

Now that she thought about it, she wondered if it was very smart of her to seek out a bunch of psychopaths baying for her blood, in their natural habitat. Not her finest moment... She was interrupted from her gruesome train of thoughts as the shrill maid waved her hands in front of her face.

"What!? Thief! Have you no respect for the culinary arts!! You will rue the day you stepped in here!" The maid glared at her. "You are in so much trouble girl! Guards! Take this girl to the dungeons! Arrest her for trespassing! Immediately!" She cried.

Kashara could see, from the corner of her eyes, burly men move forward from wall, where they had been a wall flower for so long. Not that they resembled anything remotely like a flower. If anything, they probably were as anti-flower as possible, being as similar to boulders as humanly possible. She had to act fast if she wanted to get out of a stint in the dungeons. Somehow, despite Demitytes having amazing technology, she doubted their dungeons were very liveable.

She also had no wish to see Fallon's irritating smirk, when he would let her out.

Think Kashara think. You cannot go to the dungeons. 

———————————————————————————————————————————-

Hey folks! How was this?? Are my updates getting more punctual or what? ( If anyone is saying or what...I have selective hearing sorry) ;p. SO did you enjoy the pangs of hunger with Kashara? Poor Kashara, She probably might stay hungry for a verry verry long time. ( not an hint... just meant till my next update, Hahahahaha)

Just kidding, I'll be sooner next time. Hope you like the increasing length. Its 1700 now ( I normally write like 1000 odd words) I am trying guys :) but I just feel long chapters tend to feel very draggy.

Also who is missing Fallon? He hasn't made an appearance for this chapter, and I miss him already. :(

I'm rather sleepy so Tom and Loki are also going to bed,..

Tom: this accursed blanket inhibits my speech. Get it of-umphf umpff.

Loki : Hey who turned off the lights?!?

Goodnight folks! And try not to dream about Fallon okay. Kashara gets jealous ;)*wnk*

Muahahahhaha

inkonparchment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 147 30
How would you react if someone told you, their mission was to kill you? Cass didn't take kindly to that, and she knows why. Before Cassandra's mothe...
30 0 13
Among long rolling hills of green, scattered with wildflowers lived two Kingdoms; that of the humans and that of the lords. The lords lived among all...
33 2 8
When the world was tethering on the edge of absolute destruction, four powerful witches came together and created a spell that gave immense powers of...
247 13 11
Character Description and Aesthetic Contest prompts: •Fantasy: In a kingdom of elemental magic, you gain the ability to control all four elements...