Mr. Book Store

By alwaysbeingme17

McKinley Davis is trying to kick start her career as a book writer. Already working for a writing company at... More

Outlook On Life~1
The Reason Why~2
Mount McKinley~3
I feel protected here~4
Christmas Time~5
Sleeping Habits~7
Time Of Need~8
Did you...?~9
to be loved and to be in love~10
How did we end up here?~11
If You Don't Know~12
McKinley's Birthday~13
Period.~14
His life, Her Life~15
The Proposal~16
When You're In Love~17
Don't let me go~18
So In Love~19
Lessons Learned~20
Emotions~21
Always more~22
Can I sleep in your bed?~23
True Love~ 24
What More?~25
Filler~26
Mine~27
Her Choice~28
New Beginnings~29
Moving In~30
One Year~31
Sick Days~32
The Future~33
Christmas Time~34
Vegas!~ 35
Kids with a plan~36
Big Decisions~37
Final~38

The Feeling~6

28 0 0
By alwaysbeingme17

MR BOOK STORE

CHAPTER 6

MCKINLEY P.O.V 

*spoilers to the book Penpal in this chapter*

I woke up the next morning with a small headache but nothing too bad. Luke's arm was still slung over my body but he was sat up in the bed, reading a book. It was bizarre to see him reading a book and then I freaked out when I realized it was my book. 

"Did you lose my book mark?" I questioned sitting up. 

"Good morning to you too." He said. "And no. I didn't." He corrected and I nodded my head. "This is a good book." He said and I nodded. Penpals was a book that I read in high school for Horror Literature and I fell in love with the book fairly quickly. When we finished it in school, I rushed off to the bookstore to buy it and luckily they had it. I've never gone anywhere without it since. "It's the stalker." 

"Yeah." I mumbled. 

"You said yeah but you had no idea what I was talking about." 

"Yes I do. The guy living under the house, the one who killed all the cats. The one who sent all of the pictures to the main character, which by the way, you never learn what his name is." 

"I feel like his name is Billy or something." I laughed a little before sitting up. "Oh my god!" He all of a sudden shouted and I looked at him. "Vanessa is dead." He said and I nodded. 

"Didn't see that coming were you?" I said and he nodded. When I read it the first time for my Horror Lit. class I cried. And not because Vanessa was dead but because that was the first person the main character had ever loved. That was his one connection to his long time friend and after that, he was lost again. "Wait until the end. Some screwed up stuff happens." He looked at me alarmed as he read further. I put some clothes on before heading down the stairs. 

"Good morning." Liz smiled at me. 

"Morning." I smiled back going to grab some juice from the fridge. 

"How did you sleep?" She asked as I sat at the island and she was cooking something. 

"Good thanks. What about you?" 

"Good, thank you for asking. I hope Luke didn't keep you up too late." I shook my head as I drank my juice.

"He didn't." I answered and she looked at me. We were the only ones out of bed this morning. Everyone else must have still been sleeping or were too hungover to get out of bed. "So it wasn't you?" I looked at her confused. "What? If you're talking about the people tripping up the stairs that was us." I said and she shook her head. 

"No, the two people getting it on." She said and I burst out laughing. I wasn't expecting her to say that. Of course she knew that her sons had sex. They were all in their 20's, it wasn't like they were going to wait. I just never expected them to do it in the house. 

"It must have been Jack and Celeste." I said and she nodded. Me and Luke haven't been together for that long so we weren't going to jump into bed with each other and we would never do it in his parents house while they were home. 

"McKinley!" I heard Luke shout before my book came flying down the stairs. "Why? Why? That didn't need to happen. I'm so angry right now." He said stomping down the stairs and sitting on the couch. I stood behind the couch and wrapped my arms around him. "He didn't have to die." He whispered which made me giggle a little. 

"I know. But I warned you." 

"But I didn't know that was going to happen." He answered and I nodded. "How did his dad bury him? I don't understand. Wouldn't the dad know? Wouldn't he question?" 

"He just needed the money. He would have done anything for it." 

"He buried his son with his killer." I nodded as he stared at the T.V even though it wasn't turned on. I glanced up at the ceiling and smiled to myself. 

"Luke." I said and he looked at me. "Look." I pointed to the mistletoe above our heads. He smirked at me before he pulled me over the back of the couch and I shrieked as he did. His lips attacked to mine and I giggled through the kiss. 

"Ew." I heard Ben say when he came into the living room with a cup of coffee. Luke glared at him before he laid me down on the couch in his arms. 

"What do you want for breakfast?"Liz asked. 

"Nothing for right now." I said to her. "But thank you." I smiled at her and she nodded. 

"There is coffee though." She said and Luke let me get up to get us both a cup. "And then you all need to go get ready because we're going to Dad's parents house." I made our coffee's before I handed one to Luke and we headed upstairs to his room. 

"Are you going to shower today?" He questioned. 

"No." I said. "Oh, your mom heard Jack and Celeste having sex last night and I think that's funny." I said and he laughed a little. 

"She's walked in on me." He said which made me laugh even louder. "It was the worst thing in the entire world." He said. 

"Oh my god! What happened?" 

"I was like sixteen and it was my very first time. This girl was riding me and we were clearly being too loud and she comes running up the stairs and flung the door open and there we both were, butt as naked and her slamming down on me and my mom screamed before closing the door." He sighed. "I was grounded for like two weeks." 

"You were grounded?" I asked and he nodded his head. "I never got grounded." 

"Have you ever been caught?" 

"Yeah, all the time. People should learn to knock." I shrugged pulling out a dress to change into before doing my makeup. 

"How many guys have you slept with?" He questioned. 

"A lot if I'm being honest." I answered. "I told you, I was a whore." I said and he nodded his head. "How many girls have you slept with?" 

"A lot." He laughed. 

"Good, we're both experienced." 

*LUKE P.O.V*

We sat in the car and waited for my parents to get here. I drove with McKinley and Ben, both of them making fun of Jack. We could all hear them having sex last night and they didn't know that we knew. 

"I thought it was you two. No names were ever said." 

"Why would you just assume it was us?" Kinley asked him. 

"Because you're a new couple and I figured it would have been you. Jack usually never does that when we're home." 

"They were both drunk." 

"Watch, we'll have a niece of nephew in a few months." Ben said before my parents pulled up and we got out of the car. 

"You could have gone in." My mom said and I shook my head. 

"I haven't seen these people since last year." I said. "It would have been awkward." I said and she rolled her eyes. 

"No, last night was awkward." McKinley and Ben laughed before Jack looked over at Celeste. 

"You all heard didn't you?" We all nodded, McKinley and Ben still laughing and making jokes. "I hate all of you." He scoffed before he headed towards the house. Me, McKinley, and Ben walked behind my parents into the house. Aunts and Uncles wrapped us all in hugs. 

"This is my girlfriend, McKinley." 

"It's lovely to meet you! Finally Luke has a girlfriend and not one of those whore's he brings home." She smiled at my aunt laughing a little but smirked at me because little did all of these people know, she used to be a whore. 

"Little do they know." She whispered as we walked away. I introduced her to everyone else before I finally got her a drink and we sat down. 

"So, Luke, how have you been?" One of my aunts asked. "How's the music company?" 

"It's good. I'll be flying out to L.A sometime next year to see the company we have out there and to see the artists that are coming through. New Album is coming out soon with the band I've been working with." I commented while sipping at my beer. 

"So it's taking off." I nodded. One of my cousins, who was rather bitchy came into the room and rolled her eyes at Kinley talking to Ben. She wasn't exactly related to us and I'm pretty sure she has a crush on Ben and she must have been pissed seeing McKinley and Ben talking and laughing together. 

"Excuse me." My cousin, Britney said to Ben and McKinley before squeezing herself onto the couch that was only made for three people. McKinley turned to me as she barely had any room to sit and she moved over onto my lap a little to give her more room to sit. We both looked over at Ben who didn't seem amused at all. 

"What's her issue?" 

"She likes Ben." I whispered back. 

"What? Aren't you related?" 

"No, she's a family friend of my grandparents." I answered and she nodded. "She's a bitch." 

"I can tell." McKinley said as she stood up and went to talk with Jack and Celeste who were talking to my uncle. 

"Honestly?" I whispered before standing up. I knew that she was upset about Britney. Britney never liked when anyone talked to Ben unless it was her. And I blame him for it because he slept with her once when he was younger and she's been obsessed with him ever since. She used to randomly show up at our family get together's and she once claimed that she was pregnant with his baby confusing all of us. 

"Luke, heard the business is striving." He said shaking my hand and I nodded. "I also heard you got yourself a pretty lady."

"She's okay." I smirked at her and she hit my arm. I laughed before pulling her into me and she wrapped an arm around me before I kissed her forehead. 

"See, she's dating Luke." I heard Ben say as he stood up, both me and McKinley turning around to see him walking away and her standing up to fix her dress. She was red in the face but she still gave Kinley a dirty look before rolling her eyes and walking away. 

"She's so rude to me and I didn't even do anything." 

"Don't worry about her." I said rubbing my hand up and down her arm and she gave me a sad look. "She's just cranky because you were talking to Ben and she's obsessed with him." 

"I don't even like Ben like that." She said. 

"Yeah, I know." 

"Time to eat." My grandmother said as she placed everything on the table. Me, Ben and Mckinley all sat at the end of the table, squished together so no one could try and get between us. Jack and Celeste sat across from us and right next to Jack was Britney. Who just so happened to be glaring at Kinley and Ben. I rolled my eyes as I rested my hand on Kinley's thigh. 

"Let's go around and say something we're thankful for." My Aunt said. Everyone went around the table saying what they were thankful for. 

"Vodka." McKinley whispered which made me laugh. "I'm thankful for my job doing the thing I love." 

"Or who you love." 

"No, I'm not a whore." She commented making me choke on my drink. As soon as I got the drink down I laughed. 

"What do you do?" 

"I'm a writer." McKinley answered. Nothing was going to take that away from her, not on my watch at least. Britney was the last person to talk about having a job. I'm sure she's slept with people for money before. 

"You're a writer? Could have guessed that." 

"How? Because my boobs are in my dress?" I've never seen this side of her and it's hilarious. We all turned to Britney to see what she would say, she just glanced down at her dress. She scoffed. 

"Luke, what are you thankful for?" 

"That!" I said laughing and giving Ben a high five. McKinley laughed sipping her wine. My mother didn't look pleased with any of us. 

"Luke!" She said glaring at me. "That is not appropriate." 

"When was the last time I did something that was?" I questioned and she rolled her eyes. 

"I'm going to have to ask you three to leave." My father said and I shrugged before standing, Ben and McKinley not far after me. We all left the house laughing and joking about what happened. None of us felt bad for what happened. 

"I think that was amazing." I said and Kinley smiled at me, kissing me. 

"Her boobs were hanging out." She said and I nodded. 

"I know." We all went out to eat at some random place that I found, cheering that we were the better people in the group. 

"You're gonna keep her right?" Ben asked once we got home and she went to change out of her dress. 

"Yeah, I really like this one." I smiled to myself. I had never felt this before and I was so excited about the feeling. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 43 20
Prologue I'm just a sixteen year old girl in high school. Some people say I have the life in high school,I say I don't. But I guess being popular is...
2.7K 74 23
Dylan Ryan has struggled with her mental health for years, her parents too caught up with her older brothers future career and her other brothers the...
286 26 26
C.T.H FANFIC ***sequel coming soon*** - - - When it came to certain things, Calum could be heartless. He rarely considered anyone but himself. No on...
10.4K 320 54
Brianna Jones is 17 years old. With a depressing past and a hopeful future will she make it? When she meets this amazing boy, Luke Hemmings will she...