「The Crow and the Wolf」

By weebaesthetic

「RWBY - Qrow × OFC」 Both were greatly affected by death. They abused, and attacked with harsh words until the... More

「Chapter One - A Return」
「Chapter Two - A Team」
「Chapter Three - A Challenge」
「Chapter Four - A Start」
「Chapter Five - A Duo」
「Chapter Six - A Pride」
「Chapter Eight - A Proposal」
「Chapter Nine - A Death」
「Chapter Ten - A Dream」
「Chapter Eleven - A Mourning」
「Chapter Twelve - A Discovery」
「Chapter Thirteen - A Reminder」
「Chapter Fourteen - A Call」
「Chapter Fifteen - A Mission」
Thyra Ulf

「Chapter Seven - A Fall」

747 24 0
By weebaesthetic

"Alright this is great, a very invigorating story, but when are we going to get to some point outside of school and the Vytal Festival? We're running out of time before matches start up," Weiss mentioned, urging Yang to move onto a different part.

"Well I just wanted to get through the basics of their relationship. You guys asked and I was going to start from the beginning, but I guess I can move on and start after their years at Beacon," Yang muttered, sighing to herself. "To summarize the rest of their time at Beacon, the two had started dating at the end of their first year. Around their fifth year after Beacon, they had started going on missions together, and they were definitely a power duo."

The two Hunstmen prowled through the woods of Forever Fall, keeping their eyes keen. Hands hovered over weapons, as they tried to keep their footsteps quiet, and their breathing even.

"Grimm infestation, they want us to take out as much as possible. Students are coming to collect tree sap," the white-haired woman mumbled, her voice barely audible. An impish smile fell on her lips, as she licked at them. "Remember when we did that back when we were in school, and you tried to impress me, and then you got it all over your hair? It was really seductive, Qrow."

"Thyra, shut up. You got Orvokki stuck to one of the trees because you somehow persuaded him into letting you draw designs with the sap into his horns. Then he got leaves on them and made them look like a tree, and then, when he was trying to take them out, he walked into a tree and got stuck against it. I have never heard him scream at anyone until that day," the dark-haired male hissed. "Ever since then, he's avoided anything sticky. Poor guy didn't eat any berries that he loved in fear of getting stuck against something. You ruined him."

"And it was worth it! His horns looked beautiful before he got everything stuck on them," Thyra replied, a mischievous tone to her voice, but her grin dropped. "We've got some Beowolves coming up from the left. And to our right, there's some Ursai, and a few Majors some ways away, but if we make too much noise, we'll attract them. So we should take out the pack quickly."

With a quick nod, the two then made a sudden change of direction, slowing down as they heard the sounds of growling. The two shared a look, communicating through their eyes. Looking ahead of them, the two burst through the brush, charging at the creatures, surprising them.

With quick swings of their weapons, the Hunstmen had slain a few before the beasts registered the attacks. With snarls, they began to charge at the two. The male crouched down, shooting all the Beowolves in front of him. A few came charging at him from the side, preparing to surprise him. With quick speed, a blur of white and blue flipped over the male, and charged at the creatures. She connected the axes, spinning them in between her hands, making the annihilation of the Grimm look effortless.

The Hunter returned to melee attacks, slaughtering the Beowolves with a fearless expression. As one clawed at the back of the Hunter, the Huntress waved her hand, creating a brief shield. She rammed her foot into the neck of the beast, knocking it back into another one, before she charged forward, slicing the two with her weapon.

With one final shot by the weapon of the Hunter, the last Beowolf fell, dissolving in a black smoke. Crimson eyes looked up, as the figure next to him crouched, gazing behind them. He also spun around, listening to the rumbling of paws stampeding against the earth.

"Think we can handle them?" He asked, running his hand through his hair.

"Yeah, we can," the female replied, and he smiled at the excited tone in her voice. "Wanna little competition to make this more fun?" She turned her head, looking up at the male with a smirk.

"Normal point system?" The male questioned, a sly smile tugging at the ends of his lips, when he received a nod. "Bring it, Ulf."

"Just try to keep up, Branwen."

And so the next wave of Grimm followed a similar path to the previous one, and as the last Major fell, the Hunter felt a tight grip on his hand. He expected to see his significant other with a prideful smile on her face, but his expression fell, noticing the distress in her blue eyes.

"Next attack's a Grimm horde. It's too much for the two of us. They're gonna be hot on our tail, so we have to move now!" She exclaimed, as they burst into a sprint.

The two kept running, adrenaline coursing through their veins as their feet padded against the ground beneath them. The two cursed, jumping over a fallen tree. They heard a screech from above them, and a shadow loomed over them.

"Just a little longer, Qrow. We'll be meeting up with the others. I have no doubt the girls will be coming if they sense this monstrosity," the Huntress breathed, as she split her axes, placing them on her back. Feeling as if the beasts were too close, she let out a shaky sigh. "Letta is not going to like what I'm about to do."

She reached her hands up, and a blue light surrounded two trees, before they were suddenly pulled down, blocking the path behind the two. Mumbling a quick apology, she continued to run forwards.

"How much longer do we have to sprint? I am not a man who can go so long!" Qrow exclaimed, panting heavily.

"Oh I can tell," Thyra replied, a teasing look in her eyes.

"First of all, that is not true. Second of all, now is not the time to make jokes like that if you'd like to avoid the pursuing doom behind us," he scolded, pointing a finger at the woman, giving her an irritated look.

"It's always time to joke around when your teammates have got your back." The white-haired woman winked. "Better run a bit low, something's coming in hot."

As soon as the Hunter crouched down, a large red blur launched over their heads, and an explosion was heard as it hit its mark.

"What have you two been doing that's attracted so many?" An irritated woman asked, dressed in black, standing beside a Faunus in purple, who kicked large rocks at the creatures. "Honestly, what even is this?"

"Yeah, and I'm sure you've sensed that giant Nevermore. Know when the others are coming, Dimma?" Thyra heaved.

"Now."

Roots climbed out of the ground, grasping the legs of some Grimm. The white-haired girl breathed a sigh of relief, watching as five other Huntsmen came out of the brush, weapons at the ready.

"And I thought your team was the ones who attracted the most trouble back in Beacon, but it ends up being the lovely couple," the one with pastel blue hair commented, transforming their spear into a rifle.

"We really can't leave you guys alone, huh?" The one in red chuckled, as she began to shoot fiery bullets at the Grimm. "Well then because of you two, you better take out big birdie up there."

"How are we gonna get up there?" The dark-haired male pointed up at the Nevermore.

"Like this," and suddenly a strong gust of wind sent them sailing towards the Nevermore, and it screeched in surprised as the two landed on its back.

"This is crazy!" The male exclaimed, feeling the creature begin to soar through the sky, trying to shake them off.

"Well the quicker you get over how insane this is, the faster we can take it down," Thyra hissed, as she dug her blades into the back of the beast. "Go for the neck. I think it's about time to use that scythe of yours and take down this thing."

And as the Huntress continued to attack the back of the Nevermore, the male advanced to the neck, his blade transforming into a scythe. He hooked his blade across the neck and pulled back, sliding back as his blade tore through its neck.

"Now how are we getting to the ground?" Qrow asked, giving his significant other an inquiring look, and his eyes widened at the innocent smile.

"Trust," she grinned, tipping back and falling off the beast. Rolling his eyes, the male began to run down the spine.

"My girlfriend's crazy," he grumbled as he jumped off, falling after the Huntress.

"Wait, so let me get this straight," Jaune interrupted, holding his hands out. "Your Aunt and Uncle, singlehandedly killed a giant Nevermore like the one you guys fought, and then jumped off? Are they crazy?"

"Kinda," Ruby shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly. "But it's okay, they survive."

"If we die, I'll kill you," Qrow threatened, glaring at Thyra. "I don't know how, but I'll do it."

"Put a little faith in Dimma, Qrow. She's got our backs. I trusted her on the way up, I'm going to trust her on the way down." The two began to slow down as they approached the battle below. "Told you she's got our back, but so she doesn't waste her aura, she's gonna let us go in about ten seconds, so pick a target in what's left of the horde and get ready to take it out."

The male sighed, feeling himself gain speed, causing him to angle himself at an Ursa near the back of the hoard, watching his girlfriend aim at a King Taijitu in the centre. He snorted to himself, readying his blade for his strike.

"Honestly, Thyra?"

"Go big or go home."

"Ruby, Yang, friends, get in that stadium right now. I have been waiting for almost an hour, the last performance just finished, and the second batch of team matches is about to begin," Thyra hissed, as she approached the table. "Discuss whatever you're talking about later. I came here to spend some time with my nieces- and I guess their friends at this point- but please just go into the stadium."

"Alright, Aunt Thyra, we'll see you there!" Yang replied, waving her hand, smiling at her Aunt, but she dropped the facade watching the indifferent look on the Huntress' face. "You don't believe me?"

"No," came the quick reply.

"Fair enough."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.5K 732 4
You were born the son of Taiyang & Female Qrow, grew up unloved. At a young age you left a broken home to build a new life for yourself. Even went on...
8.6K 137 12
Y/n is on a never ending journey. He had made some friends during his travels. what awaits him now.
196K 3.2K 25
In Patch there are two individuals who don't have a normal life since their mother has been gone. Over two years their father had abused them due to...
46.3K 1.4K 96
"Yang and Ruby were attacked and almost killed by three beowolves but qrow came just in time to save them" that's what was supposed to happen but wha...