Darkness Meets Light

By twerkinstyles

17 year old Jessamine Taylor has just recently moved to California after her parents both get job promotions... More

Darkness meet Light
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 15 pt 2
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 40 pt 2
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 74
Updating in progress :)

Chapter 26

692K 10.5K 1.8K
By twerkinstyles

You guys are the most amazing readers ever, I have not got ONE rude comment on this story. and yes I read ALL of them :)

I also love messaging you guys because you're always so honest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Harry was still outside smoking. I wouldn't doubt it if he smoked 3 cigarettes already.

Since he did have small gashes on him, I went to my moms bathroom and grabbed the first-aid kit. I went downstairs and set it up near the kitchen sink, so I could rinse his face.

The sound of footsteps led into the kitchen a right behind me. "Harry, I got the first aid-" I turned around to see me mother with a worried face.

"What's wrong with Harry?" she asked, setting her purse onto the countertop and facing me with her arms crossed.

"Wha-what do you mean?" I asked, acting like I didn't know. Well, the first-aid kit on the counter didn't help either.

"Well he's on our porch with a gash above his eyebrow and he's talking on the phone." She replied. "What happened?"

The first thing I thought about was to tell a lie. If she knew Harry beat up his own father and put him in jail.......

"Uhm...well....we went to the...skate park...and he fell." I said, stuttering quite a bit.

"On his face?" She asked, half smiling. It probably amused her.

"Yeah...." I agreed with her.

"Okay well I'm taking the night shift tonight which starts in," she paused and looked at her watch. "2 hours."

"But I though we were going to see dad and get dinner?" I asked.

"Well we can still visit him...maybe Harry would like to take you out? He seems to take a lot of interest in you." She stated as she turned her heels and went upstairs.

Moments later Harry came strolling in.

"Here I want to disinfect that gash on your head really quick." I said, making him sit in a chair as I wiped the wound with a wipe.

His eyes never left mine as I pretended I didn't notice him staring at me. Soon enough I looked down to meet his gaze.

Those eyes though.

His hands trailed up the cup my face, bringing me down closer to him. I could feel his breathing on my upper lip as his thumbs grazed my bottom lip. Pulling me in, he kissed me. Not just a little kiss, and not a makeout session. But a cute, passionate kiss.

I pulled away and looked him in the eyes, still inches from his face. "What was that for?" I asked.

He smiled. "For taking care of me."

"I'd do anything for you, Harry." I said honestly.

"Same goes to you, love." he said before giving me another peck with his soft lips.

---------------------------------------------

My mom had twenty minutes before she had too leave and Harry and I were still sitting on the couch, eating popcorn.

"Jess, if you want to go you need to hurry and get ready!" My mom yelled from upstairs.

"Okay mom!" I yelled back, getting off the couch and walking towards the stairs.

"Woah, where are you going?" Harry asked frantically, sitting up from his laying position.

"To visit my dad?" I replied.

"Am I invited?" he asked with a smile.

"Well you bailed on me yesterday...." I said sadly.

"Jess you know I didn't mean to." He said, mad that I would say something like that.

"Fine, you may come IF you behave." I said jokingly.

"I can try." he replied. I'm not sure how sarcastic that was.

---------------------------------

As Harry and I rode up the elevator alone, I noticed he seemed on edge.

"What's wrong?" I asked, grabbing his hand and intertwining our fingers.

"Nothing, why?" he asked, giving my small hand a squeeze.

"oh, nothing." I said, playing it off.

It was silent just before the doors opened, leading us to my dad's floor.

"So, do you think he could hear us, you know, when we visited him?" Harry asked.

"Yeah....he says he could." I replied confused on why he would ask that.

He looked ahead and replied with nothing but "Good."

-------------------------------------

Harry's POV

Ever since I saw my dad yesterday, my nerves had been racked. I can't think straight. The feeling of needing to drink or something keeps over coming me. When I drink, I have an excuse to let out my anger. It's like an addiction to me.

The only one who's keeping me from doing something stupid is Jessamine.

Everything about her is so perfect, her laugh, her smile, her eyes and mostly her personality.

She's the only one I've ever met who actually takes care of me.

And I'd do anything to take care of her. That's why I asked if her dad could hear me, the day we visited him.

Gladly, he could.

That means he knows I'm here to protect Jessamine, because after all, she is mine now.

And I'd risk anything for her.

We walked up to Jess' Dad's room and the first thing she did was run and hug him. I just stood there awkwardly, he doesn't seem to like me much anyway.

Once they separated, he looked at me. "Hello, Harry." he said, putting out his hand. I shook hands with him and looked at Jessamine, who was smiling.

"Hello Mr. Taylor. How're you feeling?" I asked.

"Better, can't wait to get out of here. I already spend too much time here at work." He said, earning a chuckled from both of us.

"So what are you two up too?" he asked.

"Well I offered to come with Jess, maybe even take her to eat after this, if you don't mind." I said, trying to act innocent. HA.

He sat there and thought for a second. "I guess so. You better be careful with her, or you're dead.' he said smiling.

"Of course, sir. She's safe with me." I replied.

After conversating with Jess and her father, we decided to leave, since her dad was half asleep now because of the medication.

We tried slipping out to door without waking him, but it failed.

Just before I shut the door I heard, "Harry?"

I peeked in the room to make eye contact with Mr. Taylor.

"Yes sir?"

"Thank you." He stated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

awhhhhhh

I decided to update early today because I'll be busy tonight. I also wanted to thank you guys sooo much

OVER 750,000 READS. THATS INCREDIBLE

couldn't do it without my amazing readers.

Comment

Vote

Follow

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.3K 1.9K 13
Faith is 17 years old and live all by herself in an apartment. Her mom has lung cancer and is in the hospital. She works at a bar/resturant with guys...
118K 2.8K 40
I'm Emily Cox's this is my highschool story everybody at my school stand clear from me well, all the girls anyways, boys all want me. I live with my...
3K 132 32
(READ GOOD MEETS BAD FIRST! YOU WON'T GET ANYTHING UNLESS YOU DO !) Jasmine Wells was once innocent until she met Harry Styles. Ever since she met hi...
21.2K 324 25
When all of Lucy's best friends have boyfriends she's feeling down to say the least. There is one boy though, Harry Styles, who she is crazy about. A...