What You're Missing (Ross lyn...

By Sushi-Brain

A wonderful girl with scars. An old book that holds many secrets. One page, and one person may change her li... More

What You're Missing (a Ross Lynch Fanfic)
chapter 1: its not that easy
chapter 2 - i hope they're friendly
chapter 3 - surprise!
Chapter 4- Care For a Walk?
Chapter 5 - I Love coincidences
Chapter 6 - It Isn't Gonna Take Long
chapter 7 - trusted
Chapter 8 - Confessions
Chapter 9 - Awkward
Chapter 10- love struck
Chapter 11 - "cofortable-me-not" PART 1
A/N
chapter 12 - "comfortable-me-not" PART 2
Chapter 13 - The smart ass, skips classes
chapter 14 - "you're so hot."
Chapter 15 - Kiss Attepts
Chapter 16 - Wound Stitches
Chapter 17 - Humiliation
chapter 18 - His Touch
Chapter 19 - Fixing
Chapter 20- Feelings Eruption
Chapter 21 - Birthday
Chapter 22 - Netflix And Kiss
Chapter 23 - Adorable Fool
IMPORTANT NOTE
Chapter 24 - 'Is Perfect'
chapter 26 - Feels Good
chapter 27 - Best Friends Talk
Chapter 28 - Eager Much
chapter 29 - Encouragement and Lovingly
Chapter 30 - oh god
BONUS CHAPTER
Epilogue

Chapter 25 - Curves

416 29 79
By Sushi-Brain

Ruby's P. O. V.

After Ross and Hailey left, Char and I got to know more about each other. Although she's been here a lot, we don't get to talk that much. But from what I heard, she's pretty interesting.

It's understandable why she became good friends with Hailey, they have almost everything in common.

We chatted for what seemed like an hour, and decided to head to the Lynch's. I got multiple things that I thought would need for Lexi, and went of to their door.

"Hey guys," Rydel greeted hugging both of us. " Delly, I haven't seen you in ages. " i said hugging back as char went in to greet the guys.

I heard Lexi chirp making me look at her icy blue eyes. Rydel giggled taking her from my arms and leading me in.

"I would've came to see you guys and Hailes, but Ross got me super busy. He was practically pacing around himself and reciting everything to make sure it's perfect," she said as I opened her bedroom door, where she led me in.

"You tell me, Hailey was more excited than ever, she agreed to wear a dress that she never wears."

She laughed as I took Lexi from her arms. "I-uh, need to feed her." I said, my cheeks burning up from insecurity.

"Don't be shy Ruby, none of the boys are going to come in unless they knock," she assured smiling. I returned the gesture, and breastfed Lexi. (A/N ok, umm. Eww. )

She got up to her hair dresser, organising the perfumes set on it. "So, Ruby, what's going on between you and Riker?"

Curse the shyness I get when I hear his name.

"Uhm, what's going on between me and Riker ?" I repeated the question not knowing what to answer.

It's how I avoid awkwardness.

"I don't know, he seems to be spending a lot of time at yours. " she smiled slightly, brushing her hair.

It's partly true that I've been spending a lot of time with Riker, more more like most of my time.

But it's not like we're a thing, we never actually kissed. Although I would want to know how it feels to have my lips on his.

Woah there Ruby, calm the heck down.

It so happened that Lexi once called him 'dad', i was shocked, but somethimg inside me was very happy.

It was my heart.

He spends almost every single day with me just hanging out, and trying to make me laugh. Which he always succeeds at.

Just by looking at his face features makes my heart flutter, and my cheeks burn up. Which made me like him even more. Knowing that I can rely on him anytime, and that he knows my deepest secrets, and I know his, is something healthy for a good friendship.

But a relationship? I wouldn't mind, but let's be honest. Why would a worldwide famous celebrity date a single mother?

My thoughts came to a halt as I tried to think of how I should reply to Rydel's question ."Well, it's not-" I started but got cut off by a knock on the door. "Can I come in?" I heard Riker say.

Thank. You.

"Hold up, " Rydel replied as I adjusted my shirt.

"Come in," I said eyeing the door knob being twisted.

"Hey, uh, can I talk to you, Ruby?" He said peeking through the door. Rydel took Lexi and walked her to the hair dresser, playing with her soft blonde hair.

"Yeah, sure." I said getting up, walking my way to him. He casually threw his arms over my shoulder as I smiled. We entered his room, a room that I've known like the back of my hand.

"So? What is it?" I smiled as we sat on the bed. His arms went from my shoulder down to my hands. I looked at our hands slightly confused on what's happening.

"How would you react if a good friend of yours asked you out, on an official date?" He asked a smile plastered on his face.

"I would give it a shot, if he's a good friend, then I think he would make a great boyfriend. " I replied, having a heartbreaking thought come to my mind.

I knew he wanted to ask me for advice on how to ask a girl out, at least it was what i thought, and i know i have to help him out. Maybe we wouldn't work as a couple, but being really close friends makes it hard for me to not like him.

"Well uh, i want you to open those," he said handing me three fortune cookies. I furrowed my eyebrows not getting where this leads me.

I took them from him as he rested his head in my shoulder, his soft breath tingling on my neck. "Come on, open them, Ruby. "

I did as told and opened the one he pointed at, still confused about what was written on the paper.

Will you...

I felt him smile against my neck as he pointed at the second one, wrapping his arms tightly around my waist.

Go out...

My heart rate increased, and my breath hatched as he pointed at the last one, placing a soft kiss on my shoulder.

With me?

"Riker," I breathed turning to him, "this is so thoughtful of you. "

"Can I take that as a yes?" He mumbled rubbing my hand.

"But- I don't think I'm able to, " I sadly confessed making him furrow his eyebrows. It was when I realised I'm a selfish brat. I was going to be jealous when I thought he was going to ask me for dating advice, and now I reject him.

"Ruby, is it because you still feel uncomfortable around me?" He asked, loosening his grip on my waist. "No, absolutely not." I said holding his hands, making him tighten back his grip.

"It's just that You're a celebrity, and I'm a single mother, with a 2 year old child, it's not going to work out with you. And what if some sees you with Lexi and I. What if a fan-"

"Ruby," he cut me off smiling slightly,"I'm willing to risk all of that just for you, I really do like you."

"But Riker, maybe it seems to you that you like me just because you want to fix me. You deserve someone much better, someone who Isn't a mess like me." I frowned hearing what I just confessed to him.

"How can I not like such a beautiful person like you? How can I not like your ebony hair, and your blue eyes? If anything, I'm not the one who's good enough for you." He chuckled putting a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Non sense, any girl would be head over heels about your amazing personality," I paused rubbing his cheek, taking in every single feature in him, "not to mention your extremely attractive look."

I shool my head realising what I just said, but it seemed like it wasn't helping.

His eyes are seriously hypnotising.

"Will you agree already?" He mumbled touching my hand on his cheek.

I nodded feeling him glance at my lips, "I've always wanted to," I said before feeling his lips brush against mine.

It was when I felt fixed for the first time in years.

Ross' P.O.V

We were packing up the blanket since it was getting seriously late. I had my jacket off around Hailey, and my sunglasses tucked on my shirt. Hailey, on the other hand had her fingers interlocked with mine, and her hair went from a nicely made braid to released, long, soft curls, with a bit of haze.

It's always my fault.

She insisted on carrying the basket to the car, as i wrapped my arm around her small back, rubbing it slightly with my fingertips.

" That tickles, " she giggled squirming. "It's what you get for not letting me carry the basket." I replied knowing she doesn't really like being tickled.

" Don't underestimate me, Lynch. I'm way stronger than you expect, I've got some major muscles and am capable of anything. " she said making me chuckle. " Still cute, even when you play angry. "

" You're a meanie. " she crossed her arms after handing me the basket. I rolled my eyes, and threw her on my back. " Hey," she laughed, " put me down. "

"No, thanks, I love the view from here."

"Ross Shor, stop staring at my butt, and put me down," she said hitting my back.

"You've got a sweet ass."

" You've got a dirty mind," she replied trying to crawl down my back. "You're gonna bang your head on the floor." I warned her. She ignored, pushing her leg with a mighty force, urging her way through my hands. " Don't move, or I might die," she simply said making me regret pulling her on my shoulder.

If she slipped away, blood would probably stream from her head.

" Hailey, please you'll hurt yourself," I said trying to hold her ankles. " Do not move," She repeated, reaching my calf muscles with her hand. She was upside down, with her ankles on the back of my shoulder, her face facing thigh, and her arms around my legs.

"Hailey,"

" Almost there, " she said placing her palms on the floor. " Release my ankles, and slowly step away."

I did as told, and saw her doing a hand stand. She balanced herself, and let a leg down, after the other.

She stood, brushing her dress, as I ran a hand thew my hair, frustrated. "Don't ever do that again," I hugged her stroking her curls. " Woah, Ross. Don't worry. I am a gymnast. I know how to be careful not to bang my head." She chuckled.

" You could've gotten hurt. I'm not complimenting your backside ever again. " i laughed as she hugged back laughing harder.

" Told you I'm capable of anything. "

" Come on, lets get going. " i said planting a soft kiss on her shoulder as i hugged her. I reached for her hand and walked to the passenger door, opening it for her.

She got in thanking me, and closing the door, taking the warmth of the car. I walked around and got into the driver's seat. We buckled up our seat belts, as i started to drive off.

"Ross?" I heard her say as i turned to the main road. "Yeah snowy? "

"Earlier today, you were a little too nervous when you asked me out. Was it because you doubted your decision?" she said with her wide eyes.

" Hailey, no" I whispered glancing at her, "I never doubted liking you, Hailes. " i interlocked my fingers with hers. " I was only worried you'd say no, I got scared that it might happen causing awkwardness to arise in our friendship, and we slowly drift apart. Loosing you as a best friend would be the worst thing that could happen in my life. And I would regret it for internity. " i said glancing at her every there and then, careful to concentrate on the road.

"i would never say no, Ross. How is it possible to reject you?" She said making me chuckle, although she was serious.

"But to be honest, i found it really cute when both of us were so shy. I knew i was a red tomato, " she rubbed my knuckles.

I laughed yet again, coming to a halt near our houses. "I had a really great time today, Ross. " she said as soon as I turned to her. " Me too."

" Do you wanna hang out tomorrow? " she asked grinning. " You know, I was planning we could have a lazy date tomorrow. Just me, you, Netflix, some music, snacks, candles, pillows; you know, some quality time for both of us. Just like today." I said rubbing my forehead with hers.

She giggled playing with the rings on my finger. " That sounds like another perfect date. "

I opened the door, turned to hers and opened it as she got out. "Do you wanna get in for a bit?" I asked her As she shook her head. " I can't, Lynch. "

" I love it when you call me Lynch."

She chuckled walking up to her doorstep. " so, tomorrow? " she asked playing with her hair. " Yeah," I paused shifting my gaze on her eyes, "can I have a goodbye kiss? "

"No, not here." She argued, " just a little one, please?" I pulled my puppy dog eyes, she whispered an 'awh' and lent in.

I gave her a few pecks, smiling when she does. " I gotta go," she said giggling. "G'night. "

" Night, handsome. " She smirked letting go of my hand, and getting in.

I smiled and walked to my doorstep, ringing the bell. Rydel opened pulling me in, to the couch, where rocky, Ryland, Charlotte, Riker and ruby were.

" Hey, guys." I awkwardly sat not knowing what brought me here. "How did it go?" Rocky asked wiggling his eyebrows. " It went good. " I said as he nudged me.

"Come on, dude there has got to be details. I knew she liked you, and we know you like her. " he said rolling his eyes. " You knew she liked me? " i asked clearly surprised.

" Duh, I never told you though, i hate to spoil." He said putting a leg on top of the other. I smiled glancing at how Riker had his arm around Ruby. " I need to know the deets. Did she like the place? " Rydel whispered, as the movie was playing.

"Yeah, a lot actually. " i replied grinning, " we talked, watched the sunset, hugged, kissed, we even ran, it was the best date ever. It was perfect."

" Awh, my gosh. You finally opened your damn mind about her. " she said standing up, taking me by the arm.

We went into her room, and sat on the edge of the bed. "Proceed, " she said crossing her legs. " What? "

She rolled her eyes, " tell me, is she like Any other girl? Is she different? "

"Hailey's a polar opposite of every ordinary girl, her way of talking, her walk, her likes and dislikes, her wildness, her passion to history, Her passion for love, " I paused smirking slightly, " her body."

Delly whistled causing me to break our of trance. " What do you love most about her?"

I thought for a second, and recalled the time when I knew it was obvious i liked her. When I blushed, having her in my thoughts. "her eyes. Her real, bare eyes. They're mesmerising, " I said knowing I sounded seriously cheesy, and so cliché. "I also love that she doesn't treat me like a famous person in a band, and a Disney show or movie, she acts natural around me."

" I'm gonna go change, " I said my eyes still wide. " I'm glad you decided to open up about her, Ross. " Rydel replied as I stood. " Don't tell a soul about how I talk about her. I know it's cheesy, " i smiled before she chuckled.

I walked out closing the door behind me, and got to my room. What came into my mind first was the journal, my song book. I opened it, writing today's date, and its details. It was an important occasion for me. Changing to my sweats, a feminine voice rang through my ears.

It was foreign. An unknown language, yet unknown voice. But It sounded beautiful. I went to its source, the window, and peeked out seeing Hailey sing along to a foreign song. She was brushing her hair, and tying it in a sloppy, comfy braid, with her eyes fixed on the book.

I listened to her singing, smiling slightly. Although I never understood a word, it was hypnotising. The hot chocolate mug, rested in her palms, as she was wearing a black lace romper which had a red base.

A blanket hung loosely around her shoulder, as she played with the key necklace on her chest. I whistled trying to catch her attention.

She whipped her head in my direction, rasing her eyebrows and parting her plump lips. She hummed smiling before standing up and walking to the window. Humming, she rested her arms on on the porche, holding the mug.

" I want you."

" I was just with you." She giggled.

" You sounded amazing. " i said brushing my hair off my forehead. "Even if I sound awful, I'd sing in front of you anyway. I don't care If you're a professional lead singer, you'll hear me sing on occasional bases."

I giggled as she looked at me, struck in awe. " What?" I laugh not knowing what caused her eyes to glisten, and cheeks to heat up.

Hailey was about to answer, when we both herd loud voices. " Mom's arguing with dad." She said shyly.

" Don't you say 'baby girl' . I'm seriously mad at you," we heard again causing her to shudder. " I might wanna go calm them a bit," she said as i nodded. " I'll wait here. "

She smiled and turned, swaying her hips as the blanket rolled its way down baring her back, as she took the mug in her hands.

I smirked, eyeing her body, tying to slap my thoughts away. Moments passed by, as i stared at the trees surrounding our houses and her door clicked causing me to look up. She walked to the window looking at me with her crimson cheeks, " What happened? " I asked referring to the deep shade of her cheek.

"I walked in on them, while they were making out."

I laughed as she just rested her cheek under her fist. " they always do that. Fight, startling me and jason, then kissing. "

I laughed harder causing her to grin. "Hailey," someone screamed making her roll her eyes. "What?"

I then saw Jason and Rose walk in with a book in their hands. " What's the electric configuration of calcium?" Rose asked adjusting her glasses.

" 2,8,8,2." Hailey replied as Jason and I chatted with eye signals. Yes, we're that weird. " See, told you, told you, told you so." She teased. "I'm an athlete, and my girlfriend's a nerd, " he paused looking at Rose, " a cute one indeed."

"If you guys wanna proceed your study date, don't flirt in here." She said handing her the book. " oh, is the room full of flirtatious air already?" He winked making me laugh.

" Yeah, I flirt with your sister. Problem? "

"It ain't one for me, but it'll be one for dad." Jason replied. " Rose, do the thing where you hypnotise him, and let him shut his mouth." Hailey told her scratching her head.

Rose then stood on her tip toes, and whispered loud enough for us to hear.

" Daddy."

" HOLY FUCK." Jason yelled picking her up and walking out the room.

"I never saw that coming." i heard Hailey say wide eyed.

" Is your brother a virgin? "

We then heard soft moans coming from the next window.

"Not any more." She replied.

A/N

Ehmm. I'm a slut xD.

Sorry, I just felt like adding a little 'Rason' moment. oops?

I love you ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 446 31
A young girl was brought into a family's life for she didn't really say she had a true family. They took her in and became that one family that knew...
Him By Hannah

Fanfiction

115K 3.8K 57
Hannah knows the Lynch's well, she has known them since she was little. Ross is in love with Hannah, but she wants nothing to do with him. She can o...
22 0 21
Carter Briggs lived a rough life. he was born into a family that was doped up constantly, and was forced away with his half sister at age two. they e...
10.1K 1K 22
I am just girl named River. My mom is a drug addict and I want to get away from the crazy, horrible life my mom is providing. After graduation I move...