The Decision (An Avengers/X-M...

By Marvel890

[Discontinued at the moment] Sequel to Terabyte (An Avengers Fanfiction). I will post a description of this s... More

Description/Short Summary
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 12

1.3K 80 18
By Marvel890

"How's your parents?"

I hesitated. For a moment, I totally forgot that I lied to Natasha and my other friends about going to the X-Men for help. Once again, I felt that pang in my chest of guilt.

"Oh, they're fine." I spoke into the phone, hoping I didn't sound like I was telling a lie, which I was.

"That's good." said Natasha. "And what about you?"

"What about me?"

"How are you?" She rephrased.

"Uh, I'm okay. Great, actually." I said.

"What got you so happy today?" Natasha chuckled.

I smiled, thinking of how my relationship with my father finally went in the right direction. "Nothing. It's just a good day."

I decided to change the subject so she wouldn't ask me more questions. "How's everyone back home?"

"They're all right. We all miss you." She told me. "Steve and I went to the mall this week, and we heard someone call your name. I could've sworn I saw someone just like you."

She laughed and I chuckled nervously, as yet another pang of guilt and hatred towards myself hit me. "I miss you guys too. A lot."

"Do you know when you're coming back?"

I sighed. "I don't know yet. Hopefully soon."

"Okay." She said sadly. "I gotta go. I'll talk to you later, all right?"

"Yeah." I said and she hung up.

I put my phone on the night stand and sighed a deep sigh. Everyday, either Natasha or Thomas calls me to check up on things and - mostly - to see if I knew when I am coming back. I always said I didn't know. It felt like I was a recorded message. That's all I told them: I don't know. And yet, they still haven't given up. They still call, and they still ask. If I were them, I would've thought that that person was trying to ignore me. But I know that's not true, and I know that my friends know it too.

But I keep wondering . . .

When am I going to go back home?

* * *

Almost there . . .

I concentrated hard on the pile of books in front of me. It was stumbling while floating in the air, a few feet away from the bookcase. I was trying to get it to fit inside without dropping them.

Just a few more-

A bell broke my concentration and the pile of books in the air fell onto the floor with a thud. I closed my eyes, cleared my mind of all the angry thoughts, and stood still, just like Bruce taught me.

When I finally became calm, I realized the stupid bell was still ringing. But it wasn't the bell that indicated class was over, it sounded like an alert bell.

My door suddenly burst open and Scott rushed in, his face - of which I can tell - was in worry.

"What?" I asked.

He tried talking, but nothing came out.

"What is it?!" I cried again, now getting worried myself.

"It-It's-"

"Just spit it out already!"

"It's Megatak and Medusa!" He yelled and I silenced myself.

Did he just say what I thought he said?

"What?" I said to myself, but he obviously didn't notice because he repeated.

"Megatak and Medusa!"

"I heard you the first time!" I told him, but still couldn't wrap my head around it. "They're here? As in, right now?"

Scott nodded his head. "They're attacking Manhattan."

"Why's it always Manhattan?" I muttered and followed Scott outside.

We met the rest of the X-Men outside the school, all of them in their uniforms while me, of course, stood there out of place, in my regular attire. I was wearing black jeans and and a Pokemon T-shirt.

"Well," I said, "this is embarrassing."

Bobby rolled his eyes. "Nerd." he coughed into his hand and then looked around, as if someone else had said that.

"At least I'm not the one with the stupid hair cut." I countered and crossed my arms.

"Hey," he said to me, pointing a finger, "my barber is old. It's not my fault."

"Okay, stop it." Ororo said to the both of us and we both shut up, avoiding eye contact with each other.

Professor X came outside and we all stood still and awaited instructions. "We had just got word that both Megatak and Medusa just started to attack the city. You need to stop them. Savannah, are you sure you want to do this?"

I didn't hesitate to nod. "I saved the world a few months ago, remember? I got this."

"That was before you found out about your powers." Emma pointed out, giving me a look.

I stayed quiet after that comment.

"You can do this, kid." said Logan, ignoring Emma.

I smiled at him. "Yeah, I can do this."

The professor gave me a worried look before turning to the rest of us. "Okay, X-Men. Go save the city."

* * *

Unlike the Quinjet, the X-Men have a different way of getting to their mission.

On their own.

Ororo flew, and so did Anna. Bobby and Kitty took an ice trail, Scott and Emma took Scott's motorcycle, and Peter rode his own bike.

"Kid!"

I spun around and saw Logan wave his hand. He was sitting on his yellow and black motorcycle.

Am I the only one that doesn't have a motorcycle? I joked to myself.

I ran over to him and sat behind him. He handed me a helmet. "Put this on. You're gonna need this."

"Uh, should I be worried?" I put on the helmet. It was twice my size and fell over my face.

"No comment." he said and started the engine.

Once he drove off, I wrapped my arms around his waist and held on to him for dear life. I screamed and said a silent prayer before I would die.

"Hey," I yelled at Logan over the rush of the wind and the sound of the tires screeching, "do me a favor and don't invite Bobby to my funeral!"

"You got it, kid!" he yelled back at me.

Luckily, I didn't die. Logan stopped the motorcycle once we were a few blocks away from the fight scene. I got off and puked into my helmet. I looked up at Logan. He gave me an angry and disgusted look.

"Oops." I shrugged and threw the helmet into the nearest trash can.

"You could've puked into that trash can and not my helmet?" Logan complained.

"Sorry, I've never been on a motorcycle." I said. "Talk about a death wish."

He rolled his eyes. "Come on, let's go."

He took off and I followed him. The rest of the X-Men were already there, fighting off Megatak. Electricity was coming off of him like crazy. He had a helmet on so I couldn't see his face. He had a big 'M' on his chest. But where was Medusa?

Wolverine - I can't call him Logan on a mission - ran into battle, slashing at Megatak as best as he could, but Megatak was flying.

I took out my pistol and took as many shots as I could until I hit him. The bullet had just bounced off his chest and fell to the ground. He turned his head and his eyes met mine.

"Ah, crap." I said and put my gun back in the holster.

He flew towards me and I didn't even had any time to react because he came at me with incredible speed. Next thing you knew, he was in front of me.

"You are Terabyte, the new Avenger I've heard so much about." said Megatak.

"That's me." I said, trying to stall him until one of the X-Men had a perfect shot. "And you're Megatak, the new bad guy nobody's heard of."

He growled. "Where is Thor, Son of Odin, God of Thunder, a-"

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure I know who you're talking about." I cut in. I shrugged. "I don't know where he is. Haven't seen him in a while."

He suddenly grabbed me by the throat and held me off the ground. I tried to pry his hands off me, but he was ten times stronger than me.

"Where is Thor." He said, and it didn't sound like a question this time.

I glanced behind him and saw that Cyclops was ready to hit him. He had a perfect shot, but before he could laser beam Megatak, something else had hit him, making him fly into Target. I fell to the ground, landing on my hand. I heard a snap and I winced.

I looked at my wrist and realized it had broke. Not even a minute later, my wrist had healed, and I no loner felt pain. I moved my wrist a couple of times, looking in awe.

"Thor! Finally, I have waited for this day for a long time."

Thor?

I looked up and saw Thor - the Thor, as in the Avenger - flying in the air, his hammer in his hand, with lightning sparking from it. The clouds darkened, and thunder echoed from the sky. Yup, this was definitely the Thor I know.

But why is he here? If he's here, then that means-

"Savannah?"

My heart beating, I slowly turned my head. Thomas and the Avengers were standing there, disappointed and shocked looks on their faces. They were here.

Right in front of me.

~ ~ ~ ~

Authors Note: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'MMMMMMMMMMMMMM BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!

Hey guys! I know, I know, I'm sorry for not updating in, like, FOREVER. I really apologize. But I'm on vacation so I have plenty of time to update. I hope this chapter was exciting for you because . . . THE AVENGERS ARE BACK!

But not in the way you probably expected . . . What do you think are going on in the minds of the Avengers and Thomas? What about Savannah? How about the X-Men??? Please comment your thought, opinions, and predictions!

Thank you guys for being so patient with me, I really appreciate it! See you guys next chapter, and don't forget to vote!

P.S. How do you like the new cover?! I'm really proud of it. I hope you guys like it! :)

~Marvel890

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14K 211 39
When a girl gets found by a group of heroes...Can they help her? What happens when they learn about her past? How will they react when a certain tort...
611K 26.8K 51
A post-Captain America: Civil War fanfiction. I'm Chloe Tuominen. I'm just an average girl. An average physical therapist with an average apartment...
10.8K 267 23
Not updated often, just for when stuff comes to mind; such as, imagines preferences and one shots. In the future I may post more explicit and mature...
1K 42 16
May feature: One shots Fluff Headcanon Preferences Imagines Smut Weird/Awkward scenes Foul language Adult situations My own fanart References to matu...