Nefarious Means Possible

By Sahiba_KT

Pairings: Stiles Stilinski/Derek Hale Summary: What happens when you lose a Cat, and find a werewolf? Ribbons... More

Nefarious Means Possible-Part II
Nefarious Means Possible-Part III
Nefarious Means Possible-Part IV (a)
Nefarious Means Possible-Part IV (b)
Nefarious Means Possible-Part V (a)
Nefarious Means Possible Part V (b)
Nefarious Means Possible-Part VI
Nefarious Means Possible: Finale

Nefarious Means Possible-Part I

2.2K 51 26
By Sahiba_KT

Nefarious Means Possible—Part I

Key for this chapter:

Stiles' Thoughts

Anyone else' Thoughts

""Not an Actual Speech or Thought""

Warning: Alternative POVs

"NEFFY!!!"

Stiles ran down the street, not even bothering to slow down as he darted his way through the crowds of people, hawkers, pets or comprising mostly of parents and children. He was in Central Park, on a Sunday after all.

The weirdness would be if he hadn't come across kids.

"Neffy!!! Where are you?!!! Neeeeefffy!!!!"

Stiles ran and looked everywhere, ducking into blind areas, looking through the dustbins; he ignored the mother of two at the end of the yelling at him, his focus completely on the job.

Good God! If he'd lost that stupid Cat, Scott would never forgive him.

"Stupid, Dumb Cat!!! Where are you?!!!" he yelled looking all around.

Hearing a tiny mewl, a familiar sound a sound that haunted him, since the blasted thing came into his life.

Stupid Scott! And Allison, ending up with a Cat Allergy!!!

"Neffy!!!"

Stiles picked up his pace, darting in and out of people and growling low under his breath. If he had been paying more attention to his surroundings he would have noticed the odd looks people were giving him, or more specifically, his eyes.

That's when he heard it, a sound that made him heave a breath of exasperation. He headed straight for the sound of a cat screeching pitifully, bypassing everyone gathered around a tree, staring up at the idiotic cat and he shouldered his way through the heavy crowd. The sound of his boots on the concrete steps echoed loudly through the streets, every beat a match to his racing heart.

He continued to follow the stupid sounding screeching, that reverberated in his ears around a corner, his boots almost slipping on the gravel of the road out from underneath him, as they turned onto grass... very irritating slippery wet grass.

He vaguely heard a voice call out for him? From the other end of the road, or maybe it was an echo of the fear of Scott's inevitable scolding.

Man... Stiles, was so dead!!!

Stiles skidded as he came across the Black Cat, stuck in a tree.

"You have got to be kidding me!!"

As he stared at the cat stuck in a tree, he wondered why this was his life!

Neffy was a pure-bred Bombay, except the irony was; Bombay's began as a cross between Burmese and American Shorthair, an excellent combination of genes. Just like Isaac and his scarves never made sense, Scott's cat made even worse, no sense.

Also said cat was in a tree, with a broken hind leg, how it even got up the damn tree is a mystery.

'Mrewoooooooowwwwlllll'

"Don't you sass me you stupid freaking cat, who told you to climb the bloody tree in the first place!!!" he squawked.

Several members of the crowd that had stopped to witness the odd conversation between cat and strange human-boy, giggled at the sight.

'Mrewoooooooooooollllllll'

"I know! I know!!! How the Hell am I supposed to get you down from there!!! Stupid damn cat!!!"

'Mrewoooooooooooollllllll'

"Shut up! I'm trying to think here—"

Even as he said it, his peripheral blurred at the sudden rush of someone running past him, and climbing the tree in rapid speed. Like a monkey, except dressed in a shocking blur of yellow, and black.

Several women cheered and men clapped at the bravery of the stranger.

"Uh..."

The figure reached the cat, gently zipped it into his jacket, and jumped out of the tree.

"What the hell!!!"

Stiles ran forward, terrified at the fact the figure had jumped of a three storey high tree, for crying out loud.

What the hell was he thinking?!!!!

"Hey are you alright?!!" he asked worriedly, hands hovering awkwardly.

"I'm fine".

Stiles blinked at the husky warm dulcet tones of the complete stranger.

"Your cat", the man offered.

Stiles looked up and choked.

Good God!

The man—because it was a man, a fireman no less—was a drop-dead, Hot Damn! Gorgeous!!!! Ironically smoking hot Cliché of Holy Hell Handsomeness!!! And Stiles was not prepared in the least for the sight of a hot man, with sexy kaleidoscopic mesmerizing green eyes, a sexy grin, or eyebrows that had its own generic code.

"Uhm...thank you", he gingerly lifted the rather small for her breed—Black cat, and sat her own his left shoulder where she perched easily, and climbed deftly up and sat on his head.

Because of course Neffy would do that—anything really—to embarrass him.

"So", the stranger started, "Are you calmer now?" he asked amused as the cat began nesting on his head.

Stiles swallowed;

Not in the least...Are you Crazy?! Who in their right mind would be, when in the presence of God-Like Beauty!!! I'm human, you arrogant, fucking Adonis!!!! Damn You!!!

"I'm fine", he answered outwardly. "Thank you for rescuing my cat. I'm Stiles Stilinski, and you are?" he asked politely, because saying goodbye was simply out of the damn question. He may have no game whatsoever but he wasn't going to leave without knowing this hero's name. If nothing else, he'd completely Facebook stalk him—ah wait, 'God' was speaking;

Focus Stiles!!!

"Derek Hale", he answered easily. "She is quite beautiful", he hummed softly.

"Derek", Stiles nodded and then grinned brightly, "Thank You!!!" he laughed as the cat started nesting in his hair, as she padded around his head.

Derek chuckled at the cat's antics, "What's her name?" he asked scratching the cat's head.

"Neffy", Stiles answered.

"Neffy? A nickname? Like Stiles??" he asked perceptively.

Stiles grinned, "Yes!" he answered happily.

"So what's her real name?" Derek asked curiously.

"Nefarious", Stiles stated and lifted the black cat off of his shoulder, where she'd climbed down, following Derek's retreating hand.

"Nefarious?" Derek broke off and laughed loud and hard, "You named your cat Nefarious??" he snickered amused at the name. "How the hell? Why would you call your cat that??" he asked snorting with barely suppressed laughter.

"It's a Loooooooong story!!!!"

Stiles sighed suddenly exhausted now that his adrenaline was starting to wear off.

"Would you share it with me?" Derek asked.

Stiles looked up in shock, and "Over coffee?" Derek continued shyly but boldly.

Stiles grinned, "I'd like that!" he agreed, "But maybe we could go to my place? I'm pretty sure Neffy is starting to claw her irritation in exhaustion meaningfully, apparent", he raised his left hand, now littered with claw marks.

"Oh", Derek gently took his hand, "I have a first-aid kit in my car", he gently ushered Stiles forward.

"Are you free now, though? You're in uniform", Stiles suddenly pointed out.

"I was heading home, my sister called, another dumb reason to meet one of her friends. She enjoys setting me up on painful, painful blind dates", he shuddered, "I was trying to figure out, a way out, when I saw you run past me yelling 'Neffy' and at first I thought you lost your kid, up until you started looking in the dumpsters and yelling 'Stupid damn Cat'", he grinned at him.

And wowzaa, so that's what they call a blinding smile

...Huh...

"So I followed you. You're very fast, has anyone ever told you that?" Derek wondered, and then stopped in front of a gorgeous Black Camaro.

"I'm starting to feel a lot overwhelmed", Stiles tipped dangerously to the side, only for Hot Fireman to catch him, an arm around his waist, steadying him easily.

"Whoa! Easy!!!" he gently ushered Stiles into the passenger seat and settled him down.

Distantly Stiles felt the cat—Neffy—pat his cheek, while the car's door gently shut, and the other opened, with a distinct thud.

Stiles turned to face Derek, "I—"

"I understand. You may not like your cat—"

"You're wrong!" Stiles protested vehemently, "I love her!!!" he corrected, eyes flaring brightly as he pulled Neffy close to his chest.

"I see..."

"It's true, she's annoying, irritating really. Scratches everything, has clawed through my favorite tee-shirts, pees everywhere, despite having the best litter box ever, or scratching poles. She always paws my food, has personal space issues, for a cat, and sleeps curled up on my chest, practically cutting off my air supply", he griped, "But she's the closest thing/creature to comfort and family I have", he whispered.

"I see..." Derek repeated, warily.

"My dad re-married, my childhood best friend's mom, Melissa. They all stayed in California, and I came to New York to study. Scott and I have drifted apart", he detailed, and "My dad and Melissa have a daughter. I missed her birth, due to exams. And Scott got married to Allison, his high school sweetheart, a week after her birth. I missed that too", he whispered suddenly depressed.

"Stiles..."

"I realized it a long time ago; I've never properly grieved the truth or acknowledged the depressing truth really. My family they don't remember me", he smiled a wobbly smile, pulling Neffy up; he buried his head in her fur.

The cat meowed dolefully, sensing his distress and patting his cheek.

"I don't think that true", Derek tried to pacify.

"But it is", Stiles sobbed letting his tears free—tears he hadn't cried in five years. "I wasn't told about the marriage, or the birth of my sister, or my brother's marriage. They couldn't even wait for me, for my exams to end", he cried now openly, too overwhelmed to stop, "And I got angry, and hurt, and I stayed here. I applied to the NYPD, I'm a rookie cop. I've been shot twice", he whispered, "And no one has come to visit me. Of course the person who is my emergency contact is a colleague", he confessed.

"A colleague?" Derek asked gently picking up Neffy and settling the cat on the backseat, in a bundle of his jacket.

"Emily Perkins", Stiles answered, "She's my work partner, she's all I have", he answered solemnly.

"How did Neffy come to you?" he asked softly, gathering the young man into his arms.

"She was originally Scott's cat, but Allison turned out to be allergic to cats. Isaac shipped her to me, he doesn't like cats, and Kira seems to turn cats against her", he laughed, then, a dry desperately hurt sound.

It made him wince.

"There was a note;

"Take Care of her, she's a little kitten.

You can name her as you wish; Allison and Kira are Allergic to her.

Scott entrusts her to you."

"That's all?" Derek gaped, "Seriously? That's all it said?" he asked dubiously.

Stiles laughed, "Yeah", he shrugged, and "I called Scott to ask, just in case, he barely took my call for three seconds. Repeating the same", he turned to stare at Neffy; "She's the only connection I have to my family. And I love her because of that, and because despite being a cat, she's the only comfort I have", he laughed.

*x*

Hating the pain this human seemed to be suffering, Derek hummed, "So Nefarious?" he prompted trying to change the subject.

Stiles snorted, "She wouldn't answer me by any of the names I gave her. Fluffy, sniffles, panther, kuro, knight, blade, and then she destroyed my favorite Batman tee shirt, and I screeched at her, 'Stupid, Nefarious Kitten destroying everything I own!!!' and she jumped at that.

"And you named her Nefarious after that?" he asked amused.

"Yes", he nodded, and sobering he realized just then where he was, and flushed, "I am so sorry, I don't really know what happened, I just started crying", he wiped his eyes and pulled back, "So uh... coffee?" he asked warily, "Do you still want to have it with a hot mess like me?" he sobbed pathetically.

"Do you have any pressing engagements this today?" Derek asked instead of answering his question.

"No. it's my forced week off", Stiles pouted.

"Forced?!!" Derek blinked at him amused.

"Emily and the guys agree, I've been spending wayy too much time working. Apparently I hadn't really noticed, but I made junior detective last week. Not taking an off in three years, does that to you. Who knew", he muttered. "The chief forced it, sad if I stepped into the precinct at all, he would put me under house arrest, and if I refused, I would be suspended for a month", he whined.

Derek chuckled, "I'm curious though, the math doesn't really add up to how old you are?" Derek asked.

Stiles laughed. "I know", he agreed, "I look nineteen according to pretty much everyone I meet", he grinned, "And I used to complain, I would die old and alone, who knew getting old made me look forever young", he teased cheekily.

Derek smiled, "You do look at least twenty one to me", he stated agreeably.

"I'm twenty three actually. I graduated college with a degree in Criminology and a minor in Anthropology", he stated, "I completed a four year course in three years, and joined the police Academy. I graduated the two year course in one, and I joined the NYPD precinct 13, which I've been with straight after graduation for a year. It's in Midtown New York, I live there too", he informed, not entirely sure why he was telling a relatively complete stranger all these details.

"Oh. My sisters and I live in and around Fifth Avenue", he shrugged, "They live on the twelve floors, and I live above them. Our parents are back home, and—"

He was interrupted by a loud screeching voice;

'WARNING!!! WARNING!!! WARNING THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!! LAURA CALLING!!! CALLING! CALLING!! WARNING!!! WARNING!!! WARNING THIS IS—'

Derek flushed as he scrambled to pull out the phone from his sinfully tight how-canyouevenmoveinthose Black jeans.

"Hi, Laura", he greeted tentatively, accidentally having hit the speaker button Laura's angry voice scolded;

'Don't you 'Hi Laura' me, you, you, Derek Elric Hale, how dare you not come to tonight's dinner, it's an insult to Aricia!!! '

Stiles laughed, "Not only does your name mean People ruler, your middle name meansThe King? Was your mother trying to tell you something?" Stiles asked teasingly.

Derek groaned, "Oh come on! Not you too", he whined.

"What?" he frowned, "You are called King who rules over people", Stiles snorted, "And the lady who waits for you with baited breath, my liege, is none other than a Princess and in Greek too", he grinned cheekily.

"Stiles..." he whined.

'Oh. My. God!!!You met someone!!! YOU'RE WITH SOMEONE RIGHT NOW??!!'

Derek pulled the phone away from his ears, as Laura's voice filled the small confines of the Camaro's interior.

"Uh..." Derek turned to Stiles helplessly.

Stiles gently took the phone from him, "Hello Laura?" he greeted.

'Uh...Hello and you are?' she asked.

"We've only just met—" and Derek's rapid head shake, he added, "—Recently, I've cried on him and everything", he chuckled dryly, "And shared sorrows of a sort", he grinned at Derek, "He even rescued my cat, in fact that's how we met", he laughed. "And he makes me laugh, he gives really warm hugs", he listed, "And has kind, amazing eyes", he smiled softly. "Your brother looks all fierce like wolf and angry, with that sour feature—especially when he's skeptical or uncomfortable", he grinned cheekily at Derek who stared at him in shock, "But like most wolves, he does love his family and his super protective!" he stated clearly.

'Uh-huh... and... why wolves?' Laura asked sounding relatively confused.

"I like wolves. And he seems like the strong, silent, Alpha of a pack of wolves, kinda guy", he shrugged, "I don't really know why, but it's the only two creatures I've ever liked. Wolves and Black Cats", he grinned down at Neffy and kissed her forehead.

'Oh... Have you had dinner?' she asked curiously.

"No. Actually Derek and I were just going to go have some coffee, he was dropping me home", he answered confused.

'Well then that settles it, you'll have dinner with us!!!' she announced.

Derek grabbed the phone from his lax hand;

"Laura!!!" he scolded.

'What? He's a friend right? And you like him right? So why not?' she asked.

"Aricia may not take kindly to that", Stiles pointed out.

'Don't worry about Aricia, she's already left. I was just yelling, because Derek effectively stood her up, and I thought the extra food would all go to waste. I slaved over a meal to fit Kings', she teased, 'But I would be happy to have you Stiles. Cora would be too, and your cat', she laughed.

"Okay, I mean if you don't mind", he asked Derek.

Derek shook his head, "I don't mind", he stated easily.

'Excellent. See you at seven!!!' she cheered and hung up.

As they listened to the dial tone die, Stiles hummed, "I guess you should drive me home, I wouldn't want to meet your sisters looking like this", he looked down at his frayed track suit, red hoodie, and the leaves apparently in his hair.

"Excellent idea long enough time for me to debrief you on my sisters", Derek paled as the situation sunk in, "Trust me you're going to need all the information you can get", he muttered and revved the engine.

"Why?" Stiles asked as he lifted Neffy back into his lap.

"Let's just say your cat isn't he only one that's Nefarious!!!"

*x*

"Could I use your shower?" Derek asked as they reached Stiles' modest Gardenia Flat, a Garment bag, Stiles hadn't noticed now hanging from his left arm.

Stiles nodded, as he set Neffy down on a soft downy pillow, "That'll be fine, the guest bedroom should be free, well clean at least", he shrugged.

"Thanks. Oh in case you're wondering Laura's a Five Star Sous chef, and Cora's the Head chef, they both work in my Uncle's restaurant Hale's Paradise", he informed.

Stiles tripped over the living room carpet, "Please tell me you're joking!" he asked as he crashed into the wall, for balance.

Derek shook his head, paling significantly "And as I say this, I just realized Peter's actually going to be there. You know, I hear The Hamptons are a good place to hide in, there's an Island there, and we should go there", he begged instead.

Stiles snorted, "I've never run from a fight, and I'm not about to start now", he shook his head, heading directly to his study.

Curious Derek followed, "I don't understand. My family is as you put it, the equivalent of walking into a den of wolves!!!" he stated easily, staring at a white board covered with Newspaper articles and tri-colored strings and photos, with words under each Victim, Suspect, Witness, etc.

"I'm a master at research. And more importantly, it takes me twenty minutes to get ready, as opposed to your one hour ritual!" he pointed out, "So you should probably go get ready, it's four in the afternoon now", he grinned at him.

"How did you—I do not take one hour!!" he snapped suddenly and then blushed at his outburst.

"Sure you don't Sourwolf", he joked, as he walked towards him and gently carded his hand through his hair, "Your up-do takes time doesn't it, looking as dreamy—" he fluttered his eyelashes exaggeratedly, "—it takes time doesn't that mean you're going to need the time?" he smiled gently, "I'll wait, don't worry", he smiled and then tipped his head up and kissed him gently on the forehead.

"Stiles?"

"Hmmm", he hummed, eyes closing gently.

Derek watched his features smooth and "Nothing", he shook his head, "I was wondering where the Guest bathroom was?" he queried softly.

Stiles blinked, "Oh", he nodded, "Please follow me", he smiled, "This way", he walked down a narrow hallway and stopped at the third door to their left.

"This is the guest bedroom", he opened the door, "Please take your time to get ready", and he bowed simply, closing the door gently behind him.

As the door closed both men raised their hands, one to his lips, and the other to his forehead and blushed violently.

*x*

Allison opened her eyes as the vision faded;

She sighed, "This is getting tiresome!!!" she whined, "If I have to be telepathically linked to Stiles any longer I might actually kill someone!!!" she screeched.

"It's not like any of us wanted to be cursed!" Melissa retorted angrily, curling into John's arms and starting to cry.

"I didn't realize we'd pushed him away so much that he became and felt unwelcome", Scott sighed as he clawed the arm chair.

"Easy on the settee", Lydia yelled standing up.

"Easy on the chair?" Scott yelled, "I don't care about the chair, I care about my brother!!!" Scott screamed, as his tears fell.

"Well do you really?" a mysterious voice asked.

Everyone turned to face a woman dressed in a floor length black robe, a Silver mask adorned across half her face, blue eyes glittered dangerously as she apprised each of them, and she floated cross legged before them above the old armchair Claudia Stilinski had bought... Once upon a time.

"What do you mean?" John asked stepping forward and pushing Melissa behind her. Allison did the same with Lydia, as Scott stood up and shielded them.

But before she could answer a five year old toddler ran into the room, and straight for her, a picture frame in her hand, "Ba-ba", she called out. "Ba-ba-Baba!!" she climbed the armchair and into the robed-woman's lap, "Look Ba-ba, brother's photo, Stiles, Stiles brother", she grinned, "I wanna see him, you promised!!!" she stamped dolefully.

"I know darling I did promise, but until his heart's darkness does not heal, and be purged by the love of truth, he will not return, and you will not be able to leave", she hummed softly, "Blame your elders my darling little one, they betrayed your protector", she hummed smiling maliciously at the adults gathered, "And he built a tower around himself. You must wait, until his The Guardian leads him to his destiny", she leant down and kissed the little girl.

John moved forward and plucked the little girl from her lap and pushed back, "Don't touch Claudija, ever!" he warned and tucked his daughter close to himself.

"Strange to see love and protection from a man who never honored his original duty", she scoffed amused.

John flinched but kept his distance.

"You are being cursed to watch the one you have shunned. To watch helpless at the sidelines as he gets hurt, as he almost dies, to watch him cry and to watch his heart and soul burn, and not be able to reach him, because you did not earn his love, you have been cursed to never leave this town, this county, to wait for his return to let you be free. You, who has, not earned the right, cannot demand for it. Accursed as you are to watch from a distance, of the man who was born for greatness. To never share in his love, to always be forever trapped in a place you deemed home. Beacon Hills will pull you back always, the burning pull so stronger that if you stepped a foot outside its borders your very heart will bleed and you will mar your skin, to spill blood", she announced as simply as if she were commenting on the weather.

Silence reigned and she continued then;

"You will continue in this vain, until his darkness be purged", she jumped off the armchair and walked towards John.

Scott growled and attacked, only to bounce off of an invisible shield.

The woman lifted the little girl from John's arms and ignored his desperate grab, as he came to her shields as well.

"Darling Claudija", she smiled softly, "Be true, and kind, and brave, Just like your true brother, and you will meet him soon", she promised.

"You promise Ba-Ba?" Claudija asked quietly.

"I promise", the woman hugged her once and let her go, as the child ran back to her father, she smiled once almost mysteriously and blinked out of view.

Isaac hummed as he waked into the living room, "I see you met the Phantom again, who provoked her to come this time?" he asked picking up a green apple and biting down on it.

Scott sighed, "I did", he confessed.

"Any change?" Isaac asked.

"Were you not witness to Stiles' meeting with a stranger called Derek?" Allison asked rubbing her eyes tiredly.

"I did see that, I was just being polite", he crouched hugging little Claudija.

"No one wants politeness", Lydia grumbled, "I'd go home, but there would be no point", she sighed swallowing a TYLENOL and curling up on the couch, "Please wake me up, if I start to twitch", she begged and promptly zonked off.

Melissa sighed picking up the bottle, "This is not healthy", she muttered, even as she took a tablet herself, "I will catch some sleep as well", she hummed leaning now to kiss Claudija gently she hugged Scott and kissed John, "Goodnight my love", she whispered and climbed the stairs.

John hummed and wished her a goodnight.

"I'm going to sleep as well", Allison huffed.

"I'll keep watch", Scott sighed.

John nodded and picked up his daughter;

"Papa?"

"Hm?"

"Will Stiles really come back?" she asked quietly.

John sighed, "I really hope so kiddo, I miss him, I really, really miss him", he cried and pulled her close.

"I think he'll come home, papa, I promise. I wished for it, and Birthday Wishes, come true right?" she stated with conviction.

John offered a watery smile and nodded, "They do", he agreed.

Until then they would bear the curse of a Broken Heart till True Love's Kiss would bring home the Lost Brother, Friend and Son.

John would wait and pray till that day would come, he didn't want the freedom, he just wanted to see his son, one time, hold him once, just once. He would do anything by any Nefarious Means Possible.

***XxX***

Chapter Management : Nefarious Means Possible—Part IISummary:

What happens when you lose a Cat, and find a werewolf?

Ribbons of fate tie you together...Or maybe that's just the cat's fault!!

Notes:

DISCLAIMER:
1. The canon Hales are not mine, and I do not own Whittemore Senior, or Sheriff Stilinski
2. Papa Hale is called James Hale and Mama Hale is called Talia Hale, again I just own the Papa Hale's names.
3. I do not own Mama Stilinski, either.

WARNING:

I OWN THE POEM "Tears of Blood", so please do not use without explicit permission... Thank You.

NOW THE PLOT IS ALL MINE; THE CHARACTERS BELONG TO ADELSTEIN PRODUCTIONS, DIGA VISION, FIRST CAUSE, INC. LOST MARBLE TELEVISION, MGM TELEVISION, SIESTA PRODUCTIONS, JOSEPH P. GENIER, MARTY ADELSTEIN, RENE ECHEVARRIA, TONY DISANTO, LIZ GATELEY, RUSSELL MULCAHY, MTV AND JEFF DAVIS. . .
THE REST OF THE STORY AND CHAPTERS BELONG SOLELY TO ME 'SAHIBA'.

This story is rated M or Explicit. Please Enjoy.

I DO NOT OWN THE MEDIA IN ANY OF MY STORIES.

ESPECIALLY THIS ONE!!!!

YOU HAPPY ANONYMOUS CREEPING CRIBBER!!!

Also owner of photo I am explicitly sorry for using your photo, it's just that, a). I have no idea how to contact you and ask b). I have until five minutes ago have had no idea, watermarks could be traced back to the artist, so there's that. and C). My personal favorite: I LIKE YOUR WORK, AND BECAUSE I LIKE IT, LOVE IT, I AM BORROWING IT WITHOUT CLAIMING IT AS MY OWN, BECAUSE IT'S BECAUSE OF YOUR ART, THE STORY IS AWESOME!!!!
<3
<3
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

(See the end of the chapter for .)

Chapter Text

Nefarious Means Possible—Part II

Derek drove into the underground parking, still talking to Stiles and listing all the idiosyncrasies his sisters and Uncle possessed, panicking with each second.

Eventually Stiles, smiled softly at him, and grabbed his hand, as the car rested finally in its parking spot.

"Calm down Sourwolf", he hummed, "I'm sure your family is normal as all families are", he opened the door, "Come on let's go up", he hummed softly.

"Why do you have to be so calm?" Derek asked terrified.

"Because you're there. And I'm not as calm as you perceive well not really unruffled either. But I was trained in a way, where I've learnt to suppress many of my emotions, to seemingly minor calmness", he squeezed his hand, and let the man put his finger on his pulse, "See, not calm at all", he huffed, "My nerves are running all over the place, I promise. But as long as you stay by my side, I can conquer anything", he promised.

Neffy meowed her approval and agreement as well.

Derek chuckled as he lifted the cat from Stiles' shoulder and tucked it close to him, and "You weren't kidding about her following you wherever you go", he let her climb his shoulder.

"You should have been there the first day of work; we were tackling this really annoying guy suspected of being a pseudo-CI was actually a Narcotics Ring Head. I accidentally fell asleep at the office, and Emily went to my place to get some change of clothes and food, with Rogers her fiancé—well married now", he chuckled, "This little Nefarious kitty snuck into my duffle-bag she hadn't zipped up properly", he smiled softly and looked up to Derek.

The older man—because he turned out to be eight years older than Stiles—and a senior Fire-Marshall.

"You must have been surprised", Derek stated easily.

"We all just about had a heart attack when the bag started moving all over", Stiles sighed, and "I remember Emily and Rogers both screamed high-pitched screams", he pointed out.

Derek snickered, and "It must have been interesting", he laughed.

"Interesting", he smiled, "That may very well be one way to put it", he agreed.

They smiled at each other, staring for maybe a little too long, and would have continued had Neffy not jumped from Derek's arms, and to Stiles shoulder.

Both men scrambled to steady her, as she climbed up the younger boy's shoulder and nested on his gelled hair.

Stiles lifted her and pet her, "I'm sorry", he hummed, "We should go; I do believe she's getting restless", he turned to Derek.

Nodding Derek walked to an Elevator and punched in a code, "This elevator goes straight up to the internal apartment floor", he informed, "Please", he waited and ushered Stiles in gently.

Stiles leant into the warm hand, on the small of his back and turned up to look at Derek, "You've told me so much about your sisters and Uncle, but what about your folks?" he asked unconsciously, turning completely into Derek's arms.

Derek kept the arm around his back, which now as he turned to face him, slid around his waist, "Dad's a pack dad, he has a job from nine to five at The Hale Family Wolf Preserve, in California!!!" he explained cheekily as the elevator began to steadily climb up.

"Wolf Preserve", Stiles blinked, "Oh well that does explain Laura's sudden intrigue, when I compared you to a wolf", he hummed softly.

Derek's fingers twitched, "Among several other reasons. I assure you", he leant down just so, "It's a se-cr-et", he stated softly.

Stiles tilted his chin up, and smirked cheekily, "A Secret", he whispered, "Will you tell me this secret?" he wondered.

Derek's arm squeezed him closer and Stiles' breath hitched, one hand unconsciously climbing up and resting on the nape of Derek's neck, "In time", he promised.

"Welcome to Laura and Cora's, OH!!!"

Both men scrambled away from each other blushing furiously, as the elevator door opened to Cora Hale and Laura Hale sisters co-joined with arms around themselves and open in welcome, like a cliché Anime quirky ditzy pair.

*x*

Laura grinned, "Well, well, well, I say Cora what do we have here", she asked amused.

Cora smirked, "Oh I don't know Laura, it seems a Cat's innocence be compromised!" she teased reaching out for the Black cat, and Stiles, by proxy.

"I do agree, such is the misfortune this cat has received", Laura purred ironically, as she pet Stiles and the cat simultaneously.

Derek huffed, "Oh, shut up", he growled.

Stiles laughed then, "Hello", he lifted a plastic bag filled, and "This is for you", he grinned cheekily.

Laura accepted the packet, even as she scowled at the label, "Thank you", she smiled then.

"I figured this dinner would always need the best sweets for dessert right", he grabbed Derek's hand and tugged him forward, walking past both sisters, "Especially the sweets that come from your Biggest Rivals", he saluted them once.

Derek snickered as he saw his sisters' expressions shift from disgust to awed amusement, "Oh you are an evil genius", he pulled Stiles into the Living Room.

"I told you", he smiled up at Derek, and "I never run from a fight", and he smirked.

"They'll eat you alive, I'm just warning you", he hugged Stiles close to him, settling Neffy on the fluffy white couch, and added "Again", as he smirked.

"Ah, but I'm not digestible", he leant in and whispered softly to Derek, "Except you can eat me whenever you want my Wolf"; he nibbled on the lobe just so, sealing the promise.

Derek slammed him against the wall hard and growled, "Don't make promises you can't keep", he hissed.

"Wanna take me up on the offer", he teased, biting down on the nape of his neck.

Derek growled low, "Stiles..." he warned.

Stiles soothed the burn by licking the bite wound, "Der—

"Oh, is the party already starting", a voice drawled amused to their left.

Both men froze, and sighed in unison, and Derek turned to Peter and sighed, "Maybe you should have stayed out of the room", he advised grumpily.

Stiles snickered, "Hi. Peter Hale, I presume?" he waved simply, still between the wall and Derek.

Derek sighed and pushed away from the wall, but stayed close to the human, Laura hummed and Cora smirked, even as Peter leered at the young man.

"And you are you delectable young thing?"

Laura rolled her eyes, "Ignore him, we all do", she sighed, "So you're Stiles", she smiled softly, "Welcome to Hale's Abode", she smirked.

"Thank you for having Neffy and me", he bowed thankfully.

Cora smiled, "The cat can always come back", she picked up the little fur ball, and introduced herself, "My name's Cora Hale", she said simply, laughing as Neffy pat her on her cheek.

"Nice to meet you, the cat says", he grinned.

Cora and Laura snorted, but nodded, "Well dinner is ready, I guess we should move to the dining room", the latter invited.

Derek turned to Stiles, "Translation: Please enter my dungeon, where I shall proceed to interrogate you with the scrumptious offerings I have slaved over. Warning: Smile and Eat, else be eaten", he bowed formally.

"I have a cast iron stomach don't worry, and it'll be alright", he kissed him on the cheek.

Laura squealed and Cora grinned as Derek blushed but nodded.

Stiles followed Peter and Cora, as Laura collected Derek;

"I like him, kid's got spunk, now let's see how he reacts to Cora and Peter", she whispered.

"I like him", Derek confessed.

Laura grinned, "I can see that", she nodded and moved to follow the others.

Derek grabbed her sweater, "No. You don't understand", he surged forward, his eyes flashing to their unique violet color (The color had only recently changed; it had barely been four to five years. Their mother was still unsure, how it shifted from the innocence lost Blue to whatever the hell happened Purple). "I like him", he stated clearly, "My wolf", he hissed, "And my human counterpart. We—I like him", he repeated, "Laura", he breathed clutching his shirt, above his heart, "Can you fall in love with someone in one day?" he inquired completely lovelorn, confused and hopeful.

Laura blinked shocked at Derek, his beseeching eyes pinned on her. "Wh—"

Cora popped her head back into the living room area, "Well are you two coming?" she asked quizzically.

Derek looked up sharply, "You left him with Peter, alone", he jogged the few steps over, and "Are you mental!" he scolded and ran to the dining room.

"The cat's in the other room, so what has you tongue?" Cora asked Laura warily.

"I think", she paused, "We're witnessing something extraordinary", she muttered.

Cora blinked, "I have no idea what you mean by that", she informed simply.

"Yeah, I know, I don't get it too", Laura shook her head, "You know what, I give in, let's just go play with Stiles a little", she grinned then.

"Finally", Cora smirked, "So what game do we play now?" she asked.

"Oh I think a game of tag would work just fine", Laura smirked dangerously.

"Oooh Tag", Cora leered, "Tag indeed we shall play", and she rubbed her hands together.

Both sisters imitated crones over a fire-pit as if looking into a cauldron of some bubbling concoction. Evil was afoot.

Derek stuck his head through the door and commented on just that, "The point is you wanted to meet him remember", he shook his head at their antics.

Laura grinned, "Yup", she agreed and ran forward the small distance, Cora following simply along. Even if they planned to fail in their tests to ascertain if Stiles was 'The One' for Derek, they'd still play the game, they were after all pack, and pack protected their own. And Laura would be damned if anything were to happen to Derek's Mate, and wasn't that a shock.

Derek Hale—a Hale—had a mate?!!!

Her mother might actually flip...

*x*

Stiles hummed as he stared at the wall of photos, stretching in a shape of a wolf, with many other photo frames in it, the family tree, of Laura grinning wearing a Graduation cap and holding a diploma, Derek seated on a bike, the black and white giving access to a mischievous smile, Peter Hale in a three piece business suit holding a glass of champagne, Cora in a pretty blue sundress, seemingly mid-jump of happiness.

There were many other; similar such photos, of happiness, solemnity, quiet smiles, happy grins, a few mismatched tears, and a collage of photos really, capturing all kinds of memories.

Stiles lifted his hand, and traced a smile, of Derek's in the center of the collage, another black and white photo, seemed to hold many untold secrets.

"Tell me Stiles", Peter started, "Are you a man with secrets?" he asked.

Stiles turned and nodded, "As most humans have their secrets, I have my own as well", he answered.

"I'm impressed, anyone else would have lied, said they had no secrets to keep", Peter hummed amused stepping closer to him, and leaning down.

"That would make no sense because the minute I introduce myself, I'm telling you I have a secret. My name", he stated simply.

"And what is your full name?" he asked.

"Well wouldn't you like to know", he eased gently away from Peter and let his fingers trace the back of the dining chair, as he made a circuit around the entire room once, just as Derek walked—well rushed—into the room.

"Is everything alright?" he asked warily, eyes on Peter.

"Yeah", his eyes slid to Peter, "No", he paused, "Everything's fine", he stated instead but made a beeline for Stiles, and "Are you okay?" he asked quietly, stopping just in front of him.

"I'm fine", he smiled helplessly, "I would like to use the restroom though, would you escort me?" he requested softly.

Neffy sat up and climbed him like a tree, settling on his shoulder.

Derek nodded, "Are you sure she hasn't been cross bred with a monkey?" he asked petting her lovingly just the same.

Stiles snorted, and "Among other animals no doubt, she has the makings of a crocodile too", he grinned up at Derek, suddenly aware that they both were almost the same height, except for the two inches Derek had over him.

Behind the locked doors of the Bathroom, Stiles stared at the cat, sitting on the vanity, "Hey Neffy", he asked, "Is it possible to fall in love with someone in one day?" he asked cautiously.

Neffy meowed as if saying 'It's possible'.

Stiles blushed but he was grinning, and he couldn't help how his heart beat sped up as the reality sunk in.

Oh God! I'm in love with Derek!!!

*

Stiles knew that Derek was nervous; probably bringing someone home was a big deal, who knew.

Not that he could blame the guy, being acutely aware he was being evaluated, checked up; to make sure he was good enough. Their relationship was still new for them to want to, and it wasn't even something that could be called a relationship, more a friendship with developing feelings and he welcomed it.

Though he had dreaded the dinner, he enjoyed the feelings that it evoked in him. Being in Love with Derek, it was a whole new experience.

Sure, Stiles had dated, many people, loved a few girls only, but he'd never felt this deep stirring inside him, like a small tidal wave had taken up residence in his navel, and was swishing about.

"So Stiles, where are you from?" Laura asked as they sat down, and everyone's plate was filled high with food.

"California", he answered.

"Oh", Laura smiled, "We're from California too—"

"Enough with the idle chit-chat", Peter leered, "A man with strong arms like you", he leaned in, "Are you a topper?" he asked easily.

"Peter!!!" three scandalized siblings sputtered.

"Hmm", Stiles paused, "I'm not entirely sure, to be honest. Though I've dated a few guys in the past, I've only ever had sex with girls, and the truth is part of me wants to know what a bottom feels like, but I've always been a Straight up top, so I don't really know", he answered easily enough.

Derek and Laura stared at him, and Peter choked at receiving an actual answer.

Cora snorted, "Kid, you've got spunk", she chortled at everyone else.

Stiles grinned as he took a sip of the water, "Plenty of it, I am a red-blooded man", he winked cheekily.

Cora gasped and turned red.

Derek growled and pulled Stiles around to face him, "Mine", he bit out and leaned into kiss him, Stiles dropped his knife and fork and leaned forward, only for him to dive down and push Derek out of the way as the room exploded in sound.

BANG!!!!!

"What the hell?!" Laura screeched.

"To think", a voice suddenly announced, "I planned everything to the last detail", they said.

"Aricia?!" Laura blinked from the ground, where Peter had pushed her down; Cora crouched in front of her, a shield. The wall and area behind the front door, all but blown to smithereens, fire rained down and sparks flew.

Peter cringed but kept his stance rigid in front of her.

"Fucking hell, what the hell just happened?" Stiles shook his head, and looked up to find a blonde woman, with blue eyes glaring at him.

"You!" she hissed.

"Me?" he nodded confused at her aggravation.

"You stole him from me!" she stomped forward, a gun in her left hand, right hand around a purple substance she was losing in small increments.

"Hah!?"

"Him?!" she pointed at Derek angrily.

"You never met him, wasn't today supposed to be your first meeting, aren't you taking the whole jealous girlfriend to a whole new level?" Stiles snarked, and slipped past Derek, standing in front of him, one hand tucked behind his back.

"I was trained by the best", she hissed, "This is retribution against The Hale's for what they did to my mentor, I've come for my revenge", Aricia hissed.

"Revenge?" Stiles asked walking a step forward.

"To kill the werewolves in the Hale Pack. Argent's dying wish, I loved her!!!"

Derek whined low, "Kate", he hissed painfully.

"Katherine Argent daughter of Gerard Argent?" Stiles questioned.

Laura, Peter and Cora snapped their attention to Stiles.

Cora blinked at the aura of light shimmering around the human boy.

"Yes!" Aricia susurrated lovingly, lost in memories, "My mentor", she stated. "She trained me, until these pathetic dogs put her down, they killed her. That one clawed and ripped her throat out", she pointed at Peter, "And he was allowed to walk free?!!!" she shrieked, "I ask you where is the justice in that?! I vowed I would befriend Laura Hale, meet her brother, and at this dinner, poison the whole family with this", she opened her fist.

"Purple powder?" Stiles asked skeptically, as he moved closer and gripped the butt of his own gun.

Cora shot Derek a startled look.

'Cop', he mouthed, Cora blinked and exchanged a wary look with Peter who shook his head discreetly, the action clear, 'Do not interfere'. A warning;

"Wolfsbane", she corrected smugly, "I was so close, but you ruined those plans, I was told to leave, and then I lost my temper when I found him canoodling you in the parking lot, I went to get some of my stuff, that's why it took so much time, to blow you all to bits", she announced maniacally.

"And besides the revenge, you confess to come here with the intent to murder The Hales?" Stiles asked removing a—as Cora recognized—A Beretta from the back of his jeans, he flicked the safety off. The 'click' resounding as loud as bomb exploding or maybe that was the ringing of her ears, still, playing tricks on her.

"Murder ha!" Aricia snorted. "I came here to annihilate this pack of filthy mongrels—"

Laura growled at that, and Aricia snapped her attention to the three of them, after that it all seemed a blur as the gun in her hand was kicked away, and Stiles slammed a concentrated pressure of what seemed to be pure air, to her mid-section, and she flew back, hitting the opposite wall, with a thud.

Aricia coughed, "Well isn't this ideal", she laughed hysterically.

Stiles seemed to recognize what she's said, and "What? Noooo!" he fired and then moved with the speed of a bullet, in the opposite direction.

"Kαίω!!!"

Her attention was divided as Aricia slumped over seconds after, her hand shot out a burst of red light straight at Derek;

"DEREK!!!"

Stiles dived the short distance towards her brother and pushed him away, fast enough truly, but not fast enough, as the room exploded in white light and fire, because when the light extinguished, Derek roared;

"STILES!!!!"

Stiles was engulfed in flames, and Laura, scrambled forward and caught Derek as he lost control and went feral, Cora added her strength and Peter grabbed the closest coat and rushed to Stiles;

"Bloody hell!" Stiles coughed, and "I really hate it when that happens", he spat some blood out and wiped his mouth.

Peter paused mid-movement, pulling on the jacket like a shield; "What the hell—"

Stiles blinked and took in his surroundings, "Well, Neffy you're out of the bag", he joked weakly.

"You're a WITCH???" Cora screeched.

"Stiles?"

Stiles turned to see Derek staring at him, claws, fangs the whole shebang, "Werewolf,Really?" he gaped shaking his head, as he took the few steps forward all but crashing into Derek, "You know this explains Laura so completely", he huffed amused.

Derek sobbed, and "You—you're okay", his hands hovered usually over him.

"Yeah", he huffed, and not caring about anything else, or the situation, or the unconscious mad-girl knocked out against the wall, he pulled Derek down and kissed him.

It was aggressive, Derek bit at his mouth, arms clenching his waist almost painfully, whilst Stiles knew Derek was going to have some rather distinct fingerprint marks from the grip he had around his shoulders.

It wasn't a kiss he'd ever experienced before, not with the fear of almost having lost Derek, or Derek thinking he'd lost him, or the love he had bursting over him, for all the differences, it still felt like coming home.

He stepped backwards, taking Derek with him, falling onto the only standing dining chair, seating on the opposite side of the wall, pulling the other man to sit astride him, though it didn't take much persuasion.

He bit at Derek's lips in retaliation before licking his way into the other man's mouth, which opened under his ministrations.

His hands made short work of Derek's shirt, un-tucking it roughly from his trousers and slipping his hands inside to caress the smooth skin of his back.

"Uhm..." Cora interrupted. "I'm sure you have plenty of want to celebrate, but maybe we should first deal with the unconscious mad-girl, and the issues of our exploded apartment", she shrugged uncomfortably.

Stiles sighed against Derek's lips and whined, "But Coooooraaaaa, I was just getting to the good part", he pouted.

Derek snorted as he rested his head on his left shoulder.

"Ew!"

Stiles smirked, and Derek leant forward to kiss him again, this time soft and chaste.

"Oh fine", he let Derek get off him, and stood up, "I guess we can carry on later", he shrugged sadly.

Derek hummed, but stayed plastered to his back.

Stiles pulled out his cellphone and hit speed dial 1;

"It's me", he stated not even waiting for the person on the other hand to answer.

'Captain!'

"I'm reporting a crime", he stated simply.

'Weren't you supposed to be on an off?' a female voice sighed exasperated.

"998 Fifth Avenue, at the Northeast Corner of 81st Street, Carnegie Hill; Victims Hale, Suspect knocked out and placed under arrest for attempt to murder", he rattled of the specifics crisply.

'What the hell? Back up, M-Murder?!!!' she yelped.

"Suspect Aricia, name could be false, in league with Gerard Argent, daughter supposedly deceased. Amelia, this is a Star Case, bring in the squad. And let the chief know", he reported.

'Did you fire your weapon?' Amelia asked no longer sounding ditzy.

"Once. Gunshot wound to the—", his eyes slid to the girl, "—Left leg", he answered.

'Any wounded?'

"No. I was here. She's at least a Class 3", he informed.

Amelia whistled, 'Sooo, Liar', she sighed, 'How bad are you hurt?' she asked seriously.

Derek and Cora growled, whilst Laura wrestled him into a chair;

"This is Laura Hale, when you say hurt, what am I supposed to be looking for?" she asked taking the phone from him much to his protest.

'You're one of the victims?' Amelia asked, 'What is your relationship to Stiles?' she enquired sharply.

"Future Sister-in-law", she grinned at Derek's sputtering and Stiles' blush even as he struggled against Cora and Peter's man-handling and Derek taking of his shirt gently, "He's dating my younger brother", she informed.

'Oh. Well that's—Whoo boy!! I want details!!!'

"She wants details", Laura informed and then sucked in a shocked breath, "Jesus Christ!!" she cursed.

'How bad?' Amelia enquired.

"Bad", Laura whimpered, Stiles grabbed the phone from her;

"It is not that bad", he corrected, "It's just a Level E, minor burn marks, and bruises. Similar effect to getting shot with a Bullet-proof vest", he informed.

'You'll need Medical aid, you know that', she informed.

"But Amelia..."

'No excuses, your boyfriend can hold your hand in the hospital and everything. I'll be there in ten minutes, I'm on my way, hang on Bossman', she promised and barked something harshly to someone on the other end.

Now that Cora was listening, her eyes barely could take in the shocking blue-red bruised Torso, a burn-shape in the center, above his heart, she could hear movement and several exclaiming voices, and what seemed like an army getting ready to face down the Zombie infestation.

"Well I don't know about zombies", Stiles gasped, "Fuck that hurts", he whined as Peter poked a particular spot on his chest.

Derek growled at him, and Peter took a step back in acknowledgment and as Cora turned to stare at him, he continued;

"You were speaking out loud", he informed.

"Ah..."

"Hey Cora", he whispered, "There's cuffs in my left pocket", he shifted and asked her to wordlessly take them.

Cora lifted the metal bracelets, and nodded, walking towards Aricia, she cuffed the unconscious woman, with trembling hands.

"You know", Stiles hummed, "She's a witch, me not so much", he informed.

"But you have magic", she muttered confused, "Or is it a gender thing, wizard then?" she asked.

Stiles laughed and winced, "Oh God No!" he blinked, "What the—" his attention moved from Cora to Derek leaning in front of him, black veins crawled up his arm, and his pain lessened.

"His pulling the pain from you", Laura informed and then coughed, "Fuck, where's the vacuum cleaner?" she asked.

"Vacuum cleaner?" Stiles asked confused about the change in tangent.

"Aconite still in the air", Cora said opening the windows and all.

"Ah", Stiles lifted his hand, "Oczyścić", he muttered.

Peter whistled in awe, and Cora blinked, as the remnants of the purple powder lifted and collected into an orb of white light.

"Here", Stiles called, and the orb floated to his outstretched left hand, settling into his palm, the orb crystalized upon contact and they were left staring at a glass ball halfway filled with the powdered aconite.

"So not a wizard?" Cora prompted amazed.

"Definitely not!" A voice answered sounding almost offended.

"Perkins", Stiles greeted simply.

Amelia sighed, "The equivalent to getting shot with a bullet-proof vest my ass", she stomped forward jumping over the unconscious woman as if she didn't matter.

Cora and Laura exchanged a startled glance.

"I'm fine", Stiles pouted.

"Yes, and I'm a monkey's Uncle", she crouched in front of him; her eyes moved to Derek and Peter, "I need some space", she informed.

"I don't get to go the hospital?" Stiles cheered up, as Peter and Derek stepped back, just one step though. Amelia acknowledged the space and nodded easily.

"Of course not, how would we even begin to explain your dumbass wounds in the first place, can't say, we fought a witch who shot him with phaser not set to stun", she snarked, as she moved her sleeves pushed up and showed off a strange red mark on her wrist.

"Ameliaaaaaa", Stiles whined.

"Oh hush you big baby", she rolled her eyes, she removed a cross from her neck, it had a small green stone embedded in its center, she put the chain of Stiles' neck and "Consano", she whispered.

A pulsating green light pushed out of the cross, and enveloped Stiles, like tiny little wisps of light, and unlike werewolf healing, the skin seemed to heal in front of them, the bruises disappearing, the burn mark settling stronger and taking a darker shape, like a tattoo of Flames, the magic of the green light seeming to burn and shape it.

Stiles grit his teeth at the pain, and Derek moved forward;

"Wait", Amelia warned, "If you touch him, the connection between the Emerald and his skin, will break, the healing will cease. And that should never happen", she warned.

"But he's in pain", he whined.

"Yeah, healing hurts", she clutched her left arm, and looked away, "But it heals and the pain will leave. It shouldn't take more than a few more minutes", she informed quietly.

"What about that one?" Laura asked pointing to the unconscious hag—Aricia.

"Ah", Amelia walked towards Aricia, "Expergo", she hissed and crouched in front of the stirring female—who woke up as if a bucket of ice-cold water was thrown on her.

As she registered Amelia she scrambled backwards, as if terrified.

"How? You, how did you find me?!!" she whimpered.

Amelia ignored the question, "Aricia Haymonds, you are under arrest for the murder of The Raymond Pack, The Eliana Pack, The Rogers Pack, the attempted murders of The Sovereign Covenant, The Hale Pack members in New York, and the direct attack against The High Mage under the Supernatural Community of Sovereign Magicus", she listed.

Aricia gasped, "I—I didn't, I wouldn't—" she shook her head vehemently.

Amelia pointed at Stiles, who waved, albeit sheepishly.

Peter gasped, "No way!!!" he breathed.

"The who?" Laura and Cora wondered.

"The High Mage under the Supernatural Community of Sovereign Magicus; the, in normal speak, Supernatural Police. He may be a simple junior detective with the NYPD, but under all-encompassing Supernatural Law, he is The Law, even mother has had business with The High Mage under the Supernatural Community of Sovereign Magicus, but she met a woman called Atlas who was the presiding head", Derek informed, "So you're the High Mage?" he asked curiously.

"Yes", Stiles muttered looking away.

"And you still manage to lose your cat? Siiiigh", Derek shook his head.

Stiles head shot up, "Wha—"

Derek sighed, "Geez, like my feelings were going to change because you're Royalty", he huffed and leant down and kissed him.

Stiles moaned helplessly lifting his hand to tangle into Derek's hair, using the length to pull the other man's neck to the side, pressing his mouth to the juncture of neck and shoulder, using slightly too much teeth.

Derek exhaled sharply, and Stiles bit a little harder, marking the skin and licking the bite.

"Shouldn't that heal?" Laura pondered idly.

Stiles pulled back, but Derek chased his lips, ignoring his sister, Amelia and his uncle, as he continued to kiss Stiles hungrily.

"Stiles, is probably the equivalent to an Alpha, so his bite may stay longer?" Cora tried to explain.

"Sort of", Amelia stated, as she cuffed Aricia with Black Metal looking cuffs as opposed to the standard steel ones, "It's probably to do with their relationship as well, your brother may be keeping his healing at bay", she shrugged, "Don't ask me, I haven't quite understood were-magic yet. I'm still a Class 3, so in the middle. Stiles is a Class well in minus an elite, and She's a three too, it probably explains why her power left a simple tattoo on Stiles' skin. If it had been a heavy duty spell, Stiles wouldn't really be awake, and his own healing would have kicked in", she moved around the room as she explained.

"Why did it not kick in before?" Laura asked as she watched her touch everything as she went around the room.

"Stiles' magic comes from his own energy, for his healing to kick in—"

"—he'd have to be on an IV in a hospital", Derek finished wisely.

Amelia nodded, "It's only happened once before, that's how I know. He was saving a baby's life that got caught in a war between The Fae and Vampire Clan of Salem", she sighed, "The baby was a hybrid, and he got shot by the police officer on duty, who got caught in the conflict. He'd already expanded way too much energy keeping the shields up so that the war wouldn't bleed out to the Human normal society and retaliating to save the baby in the first place", she ranted.

"As you can see, Amelia is the type to hold a grudge", Stiles huffed standing and stretching, "Well now this tattoo is awesome, even though it sucked getting it", he grumbled.

"And we wonder why High Mage?" a voice snarked.

The Hales looked up to find three men all dressed in Black standing in a triad formation, the one in front, wore a long trench coat, and had a cigarette in his mouth, unlit.

"Ha-Ha", Stiles chuckled warily, "Hi, Captain Wild", he greeted awkwardly.

Mr. Wild huffed and Stiles flinched, "I'd ask how, but it's you so", he sighed heavily and shook his head in defeat, "Officer Perkins Report!" he barked instead simply conceding defeat.

Amelia saluted and rattled of the details, one of the black clad man stepped forward and escorted Aricia out of the apartment, the other walked up to Stiles and shook his head;

"Seriously how is it on your damn day off you manage to find more action than any of us on duty?" he sighed.

"Rogers I don't know, I was having dinner with my—" he turned to Derek; "Uh..." he trailed off weakly.

"Boyfriend? Partner? Lover? Mate? Soulmate?" Rogers asked curiously being unfailingly human and not sensing the tension.

"Boyfriend", Derek answered simply.

Stiles grinned up at him, "That, boyfriend", he stated happily.

Rogers nodded, "Well I guess we'll be leaving soon, so stay well, and Stiles I'm pretty sure Wild will suspend you this time, so till now, you have one month forced leave, no questions!" he informed.

"What?!! But?!!!" Stiles protested.

"Accept it, or it'll become Three months", Wild warned from the doorway.

"But Sir!!!"

"A year", he barked.

"Sir!!!"

"So help me Stilinski, I will suspend you for more than a year if you push me, for crying out loud, you need to take a damn break, you've been working your ass off for five years, take the damn break, go out with your boyfriend, dates they're a concept you need to get, be young, go home, visit family, anything!!! If you show your face I will fire you, am I clear!!!" he barked.

Stiles swallowed and Wild, sighed "Look I get it you outrank me by community law I get it, but ever since your powers awoke when you turned eighteen, you've been slaving and solving all crimes committed that were, titled 'Unsolved', including The Hales'. Stiles, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure fate's literally screaming at you to Fucking Stop and Relax!!!" he warned.

"Sir..."

"Wait", Derek turned to Stiles, "You solved The Hale Fire/Arson Case? How? Why??" he asked.

"I did, I didn't like how it was called an accident, I solved it, handed the files to Atlas, and she then contacted your mother, after which Kate and Gerard were placed under arrest. I didn't know you were a part of the Supernatural community, I just saw a case I didn't like not being solved", he shrugged.

"And when I introduced myself?"

"Actually it didn't really register you were Talia Hale's son to me, until after I started researching your sisters and Peter. It was a surprise, but I thought if you found out I was someone who so blatantly dug into your lives, you would hate me, so I selfishly kept my mouth shut", he sighed, "I apologize—"

"Don't be an idiot", Derek scolded, "Thank you Stiles, The Hale Pack, thanks you", and he pulled him close and kissed him again.

Stiles smiled, "Maybe this time we could go to your room, because quite frankly I've reached my limits of being interrupted", he muttered against his lips.

"Yes please leave", Laura urged, "There is only so much, of you sucking face I can stand", she grumbled.

"Likewise", Cora nodded, "Really we can handle witness statements, you two please leave, go on scurry out of here please", she ushered them out with both hands, as if she were waving away a nasty gnat.

"Personally I wouldn't mind watching", Peter leered.

That more than anything seemed to work and Derek grabbed Stiles hand saluted once at his sisters and left the room.

"Mreeeeeooowl???"

"Oh wait, Neffy?"

"We'll take care of her, don't worry, you go be with each other", Laura insisted, "You've both been through enough", she sighed.

"Yes, almost dying does that to you", Amelia muttered to herself, much to Cora's amusement.

As the door closed behind them, Stiles smiled at the reality, "Found Family", he muttered weakly.

"Yeah", Derek agreed.

"Derek", Stiles started walking into the elevator, "I Love You", he whispered.

Derek grinned blindingly, "Hm", he nodded, "I love you too, fell in love with you the minute you kissed me right here", he pointed to his forehead.

Stiles smiled, and "I fell for you the minute you rescued Neffy", he grinned then.

Derek hummed softly, "I really do love you, but I don't understand how, how did I fall in love with you in one day", he whispered.

"I wonder how too", he agreed.

Derek pulled him into his loft, "I think we've been gravitating towards each other since the fire that almost killed my family. Stiles, when I was sixteen, and I learnt because of Kate, I almost had my whole world ripped from me, I called out to the moon, A Howl for justice!" he pushed and Stiles landed with a thump.

"Derek—"

"You're my sword of justice, my wolf called for help and you answered, and today you called for help, and I answered. Haven't we been colliding towards each other since then?" he asked.

Stiles blinked up at him, "Yes", he agreed, "Yes", he repeated.

Derek fell into his arms, and "I love you Stiles", he whispered softly and kissed him softly.

"As I love you", he murmured back.

Stiles relaxed completely and smiled, "I'm home", he whispered.

Derek tightened his grip on his waist, and nodded, "Some cat, Nefarious", Derek commented, "By any Nefarious means possible, right?" he joked.

Stiles burst out laughing in agreement, and hugged Derek to him.

I'm home...

**xXx**

Notes:

Hi Guys... I'm working on BWD's next chapter and it's going to be epic with an introduction of Wolf! Derek and Stiles...

This may have been a product of absolute Writer's Block and complete shitty feelings because wow has this month been shockingly void of ant common sense... But Stiles is always a joy to see/write/read about.
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Ayeilin
Thank You Ayeilin and mizukihikari for being the first Commenters and Kudo-giving Loves... Love You GUYS!!!

Chapter Management : Nefarious Means Possible—Part IIISummary:

What happens when you lose a Cat, and find a werewolf?

Ribbons of fate tie you together...Or maybe that's just the cat's fault!!

Notes:

DISCLAIMER:
1. The canon Hales are not mine, and I do not own Whittemore Senior, or Sheriff Stilinski
2. Papa Hale is called James Hale and Mama Hale is called Talia Hale, again I just own the Papa Hale's names.
3. I do not own Mama Stilinski, either.

WARNING:

I OWN THE POEM "Tears of Blood", so please do not use without explicit permission... Thank You.

NOW THE PLOT IS ALL MINE; THE CHARACTERS BELONG TO ADELSTEIN PRODUCTIONS, DIGA VISION, FIRST CAUSE, INC. LOST MARBLE TELEVISION, MGM TELEVISION, SIESTA PRODUCTIONS, JOSEPH P. GENIER, MARTY ADELSTEIN, RENE ECHEVARRIA, TONY DISANTO, LIZ GATELEY, RUSSELL MULCAHY, MTV AND JEFF DAVIS. . .
THE REST OF THE STORY AND CHAPTERS BELONG SOLELY TO ME 'SAHIBA'.

This story is rated M or Explicit. Please Enjoy.

I DO NOT OWN THE MEDIA IN ANY OF MY STORIES.

ESPECIALLY THIS ONE!!!!

YOU HAPPY ANONYMOUS CREEPING CRIBBER!!!

Also owner of photo I am explicitly sorry for using your photo, it's just that, a). I have no idea how to contact you and ask b). I have until five minutes ago have had no idea, watermarks could be traced back to the artist, so there's that. and C). My personal favorite: I LIKE YOUR WORK, AND BECAUSE I LIKE IT, LOVE IT, I AM BORROWING IT WITHOUT CLAIMING IT AS MY OWN, BECAUSE IT'S BECAUSE OF YOUR ART, THE STORY IS AWESOME!!!!
<3
<3
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

(See the end of the chapter for .)

Chapter Text

Nefarious Means Possible—Part III

Allison sighed, "As Hot as watching Derek kiss Stiles is", she commented much to John and Scott's displeasure, "Shouldn't the curse have lifted?" she asked eyes blinking open as the vision of Stiles and Derek on the bed blurred and disappeared like smoky tendrils of mist, as sunlight filtered through.

Lydia hummed, "I've been wondering about that, the Phantom witch she stated true love's kiss would break the curse, right?" she asked.

Melissa shook her head, "I don't think it was meant to be so literal, rather she said; 'until his heart's darkness does not heal, and be purged by the love of truth, he will not return, and you will not be able to leave'", she quoted, "I think she, worded it in a way to make us Believe True Love's Kiss would break the curse, and going by Derek and Stiles, they're each other's soulmates, right?" she wondered.

"Mom you're not making sense", Scott pointed out yawning.

"A person with whom you have an immediate connection the moment you meet—a connection so strong that you are drawn to them in a way you have never experienced before. As this connection develops over time, you experience a love so deep, strong and complex, that you begin to doubt that you have ever truly loved anyone prior. Your soulmate understands and connects with you in every way and on every level, which brings a sense of peace, calmness and happiness when you are around them. And when you are not around them, you are all that much more aware of the harshness of life, and how bonding with another person in this way is the most significant and satisfying thing you will experience in your lifetime. You are also all that much aware of the beauty in life, because you have been given a great gift and will always be thankful", she read out loud from her phone, "That's the definition of a Soulmate", she informed.

"Okay?" Allison and John hummed confused.

"Oh!" Lydia sat up, "No wait, that makes sense", she stated.

"How?" Scott asked confused.

"Soulmates are pre-determined, the universe brings them together and all that. And Derek did say they'd been colliding towards each other from the start, right?" she stated.

"Yeah", Allison nodded, "His wolf called for justice, and Stile is—wow—literally The Royalty on Justice, takes after his pops really", she hummed impressed.

"I am proud", John agreed although it was one part a sad solemnity three parts proud papa speaking.

"So soulmates are predetermined forces, and Phantom stated The Love of Truth", she informed, "We have to wait for some kind of truth, to set us free, not Stiles!!!" she announced.

"Well done!"

John and Scott moved at once, Lydia grabbed a Molotov cocktail from her Coat pocket, Allison her crossbow, and Melissa picked up the Kitchen Knife.

Phantom snorted, her lips twisted in a particularly amused pout, "You do realized you can't exactly hurt an Astral Projection, right?" she laughed softly.

"I'll find away", Lydia growled and pocketed her Molotov cocktail.

"I'm sure you will", she agreed. "On a side note; Con-Gratu-lations", she sing songed happily clapping her hands like a toddler and simply disappeared.

"Congratulations? On what?" Allison asked.

Lydia shrugged, "Who the hell knows, Geez", she whined, "I just want to sleep", she whined again.

John sighed heavily taking in everyone's expression, it was exhausting.

The curse had been placed on them not too long ago, Claudija had just turned three and had started asking about Stiles, the person she'd never met, but who had sent her a Birthday, Christmas, Hanukkah, and Gifts of a Baby shower variety for a two to three year old. And she had been curious.

So Melissa, Scott and himself had begun telling her stories of her brother Stiles, it had started small, but they were all laughing and exchanging stories that lasted pretty much the whole day, leading on to the whole night.

And the day after that, had come Allison's Birthday party and the cold realization that Scott and Allison and John and Melissa hadn't spoken to Stiles in years, for more than a few minutes, not after Claudija asked to speak to Stiles, only for no one to be able to contact, because no one had his number.

Straight after that, Phantom had appeared, and had simply told them, 'Ha-Ha you're curse; deal with it, so Ha!' and that was that.

They couldn't call, leave, or send him a mail. The Cat was sent via Kira because Isaac was connected to Scott after he got bitten by a rogue wolf, and Isaac was a member of the Hale pack, who had taken Scott in.

A fact Melissa was extremely grateful for, but the Hale's had never met Stiles, so weren't connected to him in any way, allowing them to leave Beacon Hills whenever they wanted, but the truth was all very complicated.

"What are you thinking about?" Melissa asked coming up behind him and hugging him.

"How this all happened, it really hasn't sunk in to be honest or has it and I'm just in denial?" John asked.

"For the sake of my boredom, I'm going to highlight its real", Lydia hummed.

John blinked at her and she shrugged bitterly;

"We somehow down the line started ignoring the needs of a teenage boy who respected the thoughts we kept and without argument, shifted his entire life to the East Coast. And as realization emanated a little too late we were all placed under a curse. And though the curse was placed entirely on immediate family members only and close friends (Or people Stiles called Friends, but said people had no idea, until there was literally nothing could be done).

The series of events goes a little something like this then:

Stiles sixteen, Allison meets Scott, the only friend he's ever had, gets swept away in a torrent of First Love and can't really see, hear, or speak beyond Allison's eyelashes, smile and eyes", she paused then.

Lydia actually rolled her eyes and shrugged unrepentant even when Allison bopped her on the head with a random book.

"And then;

High School Crush, Lydia Martin", she bowed, "Being a complete bitch ignores his entire existence even when she knew of his crush", she closed her eyes, "Would it have not been more humane to simply tell him she felt no thing for him, not a thing, and have him move on? No", she shook her head mouth curling up in self-deprecating disgust, "No, she revels in the idea of someone pining for her, revels in the beauty of someone bowing their soul to wish to b with her", she hissed angrily.

"Lydia..." Allison tried,

"Don't", she barked sharply, "I am highly aware of what I did;

Back to High School, is a hero, as he takes the Championship Game, you would think he would get some recognition, but people were more interested in Jackson's shocking tumble, and broken leg, as if he'd died and been resurrected. Shunned by his peers yet again, he ignored it all and supported his best friend and drama, all the while secretly applying to NYU on the other side of the country. Stiles graduates early, sticks around long enough to see no one noticed, packed up his shit, and left on the pretense he was taking a road trip, before finals would begin. And then called after one week scheduled classes in NYU and stated he wouldn't be returning until his course ended. Mr. Stilinski and Mrs. McCall have a shotgun elopement and get married, later letting their only son know sometime in the middle of his exams, so it's understandable he wouldn't be one hundred percent aware of the details, and wishes them a Congratulations, and hangs up. At the same time Allison and Scott pull the same, if elaborate set-up, but on the pretext of an elopement, have a full-fledged wedding, but 'forget' Stiles was supposed to be Best Man", she raised an eyebrow condescendingly.

Scott flinched and looked away, he held himself as if her were on the edge of breaking.

Lydia ignored it and ploughed on regardless;

And within a week realizations swoop in—a fact all of us believe the Stork visited Melissa with good news", she shot Scott a smirk, who smirked back much to Melissa's exasperation.

"Sex is not a Sto—"

"GYHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!" Scott screamed and covered both ears mumbling 'It's not true', 'It's not true', 'It's not true', on a loop.

Lydia and Allison snorted and John sighed in defeat.

"Right. Moving on", Lydia started getting her giggles under control,

"Little Claudija was born, and Stiles sobbed over the phone, and he sent her a bunch of things no one would confuse were meant for a toddler, but most importantly he sent her a Protection Amulet, which we all know is authentic, after that rogue alpha who attacked bounced off of her shields, and when she giggled a white light shone and attacked the alpha, practically incinerating him. And now we know why it was authentic. After that, we had her year birthdays, and when she turned three she was old enough to ask who Stiles was, and the fact she can read at three, that's pretty much a clear distinction she's Stiles' sister. Another genius is born?" she asked.

John shrugged, "Don't look at me, Stiles was entirely Claudia's fault", he shrugged simply.

And with an adoring smile on his face, he stood proud. Lydia grinned;

"I don't think so, I'm pretty sure there's a dormant gene in you that give your kids super intelligent", she laughed, "I am Brilliant, but I was never riddled with ADHD, I think he's a genius", she muttered.

"Stiles may actually faint if he heard you say that", a voice hummed.

They all looked up to find Jackson standing in the doorway, a blonde-brunette haired girl stood next to him.

"Jackson", Lydia greeted, "Hi", she stated, "And who's this?" she asked staring at the new comer.

The girl sidled behind Jackson, her eyes found Scott's and flashed blue, before she looked away.

"This is Malia Tate-Hale, she's my girlfriend", he answered easily, he hummed, but didn't moved from his appointed shield position.

Lydia nodded, "Back from England again?" she asked simply.

"I wasn't cursed remember", he pointed out sharply. They'd had a pleasant break up, but most days they were oddly cold towards each other, "Besides I came to see Claudija", he shrugged, "Where is the little monster?" he asked smiling softly.

No one really understood Jackson and Stiles' friendship, but Stiles had reached out to Jackson, and asked him to give Claudija something for her fifth birthday, a fact that was a mystery because Claudija's birthday was Next week.

So for all intents and purposes Jackson mostly came over to play with her.

"Actually now that you mention that", Melissa put down the spoon she'd been using to stir the liquid of whatever she was cooking, "I haven't heard a pip from her all day, I'm almost worried", she huffed amused.

"Can I go look for her?" Jackson asked.

"Sure", Melissa agreed.

But before either of them could move, Allison groaned as a vision wracked all of them at the exactly the same time.

To Jackson who'd witnessed this before, it never ceased to amaze him, how all those considered close to Stiles—by Stiles' standards who'd betrayed his trust, were struck down with a vision as if getting shot at.

And he'd been shot once, thank you very much, a repeat performance on a daily scale, was so not his cup of tea—but still, he often wondered, was he not important enough?

"JACKiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!"

Jackson turned to find Claudija toddle over full speed at him, completely ignoring her parents and siblings as she crashed into his leg, "Up", she demanded and Jackson scooped her up.

Claudija looked a bit like a mini-me version of Stiles, except she had shocking blue eyes, but she was riddled with plenty of spots too, a star shaped one under her left eye, a small dot above her right upper lip corner, a few going down her collar too. Given who Stiles was, is, she was going to probably grow up to be someone equally terrifying.

"Hi Princess", he dropped a kiss on her forehead, "How are you?" he asked.

"Not important", she pushed a cellphone in front of his eyes, "Call Stiles brother!!!" she demanded.

Malia smiled, "She wants to speak to Stiles? That's so cute", she cooed.

Jackson's heart clenched painfully, "Except due to the curse no one can actually contact him, lines clash or something equally witchy, what does happen is nothing", he sighed, but took the phone graciously sitting down on an empty kitchen chair, with her in her lap.

"But you've met him, right? Can't you just tell him, his family's under a curse?" Malia asked softly, gently taking the knife Melissa was holding, despite the throes of whatever vision wracked them all.

"Can't talk about it, a condition of the curse I guess", he shrugged, as he dialed the number under Claudija's intense scrutiny, "Any time I want to even tell him, I either veer off on a completely different tangent, or temporarily end up mute. It's the same with Isaac, Kira and The Hales, that do know of the curse. Reaching Stiles is another barrier in place, the object was to place these—", he looked around the room sighed, and continued with, "—people realize what forced separation felt like, because that's how Stiles felt. So calling, texting, talking, skyping, they're all out. In some ways the message no doubt has sunk in", he stated pointing at the tears falling freely from Allison's eyes; even Scott looked dazed like he'd been punched.

"In other ways it isolates Stiles further", he shook his head, "The Curse has quite literally never made sense to be honest", he stated simply.

"Caaalllll!!!!" Claudija pouted at him, stabbing his wrist pointedly.

"Better do as the princess says, eh?" Malia teased leaning over his chair, and smiling at Claudija.

Jackson sighed heavily but pressed the call button and then the speaker button.

The phone rang for a while until; Jackson almost dropped the phone when Stiles answered;

'This is Stiles?'

"Stiles-brother!!!! Yay!!! I told you, I can talk to Stiles-Brother!!!" Claudija cheered and then proceeded to ramble at Stiles, whilst Jackson desperately tried to remember to breathe;

What the hell?!!!

*x*

Derek curls himself around Stiles like he could meld their bones together if he pressed close enough. He kisses every bump and crevice of Stiles and brushes his nose over the shell of his ear, under his jaw, down his neck, rendering Stiles with punctured noises every time his fingers trail over the planes of his body, his pulse quickening under Derek's lips and he whispers nonsensical things into his skin.

The thin sheet whispering over his lower back is a strong yet somehow still light sensation, the light filtering in through his window makes the dust particles in the air look like crystals and the sounds of their breaths mingled together is deafening in the silence of the room.

Derek's hands trail down his back, digging in briefly.

Tipping their foreheads together, Derek exhales a shuddering breath and leans in until their mouths are close enough to almost touch, the anticipation of the ghost brush of their lips making Stiles' heart rate spike again.

And all that is shattered when his phone rings loud enough in through the layer of clothes, and Derek winces.

"Sorry", Stiles groaned as he moved up to get the phone out of his too tight jeans, "Remind me to never take Emily shopping, woman's a tyrant", he grumbled, and pulling the phone free, he barked; "This is Stiles!" shortly.

Stiles almost fell of the bed at the reply he got, almost kneeing Derek;

'Stiles-brother!!!! Yay!!! I told you, I can talk to Stiles-Brother!!!'

"Cl-Claudija????" he yelped, because even though he'd never spoken to her, he recognized her almost instantly, and sat up so fast, Derek steadied him, when he almost toppled over the edge. "What's wrong? Are you okay, why are you calling? Where are you??" he asked consecutively.

"Breathe Stiles", Derek warned.

'I wanna see you Stiles', she started sobbing then, 'You have to play with me, and tell me stories, and take me out for ice-cream, and read to me, and sing me to sleep, and, and, and...'

"Claudija where's mama??" he asked sharply.

'Sick. Everyone is sick, sometimes they stare into space because of Ba-ba, and—' there was a gentle sound and then a clear of a throat;

'It's Jackson here', he answered simply.

"What's wrong?" he asked, sitting up fully.

'Whoa...where to even begin', Jackson sighed.

"Try the start", he demanded sharply he could hear his sister sobbing and it was starting to piss him off. "Jackson!!" he ordered.

'I can't tell you', Jackson sobbed them.

Stiles grit his teeth, "Curse or Jinx?" he asked.

'How the hell did you do that?' a stranger commented.

"Who the bloody hell are you?" he swung off the bed and headed to Derek's laptop, not waiting for permission.

'Malia Tate-Hale', she answered easily.

Stiles shot Derek a startled glance, he shrugged uncomprehendingly.

'I'm Jackson's girlfriend an outsider', she continued and then paused, 'And I guess because I am, I can tell you', she laughed a relieved laugh, 'The family, your family was placed under a curse, and no matter how many times Jackson tries, he can't tell you, it's like he forgets or something', she paused again, 'It looks like a part of that has been cancelled', she commented idly.

"That's true!" a melodically voice answered.

Stiles moved with the speed of light, Healing Cross dangling still from his neck, ripped off and transformed into a sword a second later, and stood in front of Derek, "State your address", he ordered.

"Phantom for now", the robed-masked figure answered.

"You're the Curser?" he asked.

"Aye", she nodded.

"Why?" he demanded.

"To punish", she shrugged, "I was promised you'd be protected, when that didn't happen, I got angry. Through the request of innocence I was borne", she explained, "The Curse was placed as a reminder of pain caused", she stated simply.

"To punish, you said. Punish who?" he asked cautiously, something felt horribly familiar in a weird cryptic way. But he was sure he'd never met anyone called 'Phantom', before.

"Those who hurt you", she answered.

Stiles blinked, and lowered the sword, "What", he wondered confused. That was new...

"Nefarious has told me of the times you cried the most, and it hurt so I put a curse on them", she shrugged again.

"Neffy? My cat?" he frowned even more confused.

"Your familiar and Guardian Protector", Phantom nodded, and "She was a gift", she answered.

"From you?" Stiles swallowed warily.

"Uh-uh", she shook her head, "From your sister", she answered.

"Claudija???" he gaped at her.

"One lock unlocked, one key only, broken no longer", Phantom hummed mystically and promptly disappeared.

"What the hell just happened?!!!"

Derek and Stiles turned to stare at Laura, Cora and Peter all wolfed out, with Amelia in the background.

"We got cock-blocked is what happened", Stiles grumbled.

Derek and Cora snorted and Laura sighed, "Give a girl a heart attack, why don't you", she sighed.

"So what was that?" Peter asked.

"Yeah Captain, that was some heavy duty intense something, I could feel the whole building shake", Amelia shuddered.

"Right", Stiles exhaled, "Perkins", he barked unconsciously.

"Sir?" she jumped at the sharpness in his voice.

"Get me the nearest time to right the hell now for a ticket to California, contact the Erica's services as well, I'll need to get my car out of storage, have it checked, and oiled", he turned to Rogers, "Get to my apartment", he tossed him his keys which Rogers caught easily, "Pack the necessary, and overnight bag, essentials, toiletries the like", he listed, "Pack some snacks too", he ordered.

Both officers saluted and walked out, Stiles sighed exhaustedly as he walked to the laptop, he typed in an address, and skyped the person on the other side, not waiting for any pleasantries, he started,

"Atlas", he greeted curtly, "Get a perimeter checked around my house, now. I want a detailed report, you are allowed to use force, you're about to meet the stubborn-est set of people on the planet, report on what curse was placed on my family. Get my sister and Jackson, with Ms. Tate-Hale under protection as well, find out the vectors etc., what spell was used", he ordered.

The woman on the screen blinked once, and then nodded, clearly understanding his wordless urgency.

"You're going back home?" Derek asked.

"I have to", he answered angrily.

"Okay", Derek agreed.

Stiles looked up in shock, "You're...O-okay?" he asked confused.

"You sound disappointed that I'm okay with you leaving?" Derek wondered.

Stiles flushed, "Well yeah", he huffed sheepishly, "I wantedyoutoaskmeto stay", he mumbled.

Though any normal person, human, werewolf or otherwise, wouldn't have understood that indecipherable muttering, Derek did, and it made him smile;

"And make you unhappy? No", he shook his head; "Rather", he turned to Laura who was resolutely staring at the bookcase, like it had the answers to life in them, Peter was inspecting something on his phone, and Cora was—blatantly eavesdropping, "Seriously?" he had to ask.

Cora shrugged unapologetically. Really, his sister was shameless, in so many ways.

"Peter?"

"I've booked us all four tickets to Beacon Hills, and sent an email to the restaurant, we'll be keeping it closed until we return" and he walked out to further make some calls.

Stiles blinked once, "Wha—"

"I just found you, I'm not going anywhere. We're coming with you, besides it's not like I can let my mate go without me, because it's you, I'm pretty sure you'll end up being the one in the tree if I take my eyes off of you", he huffed.

Stiles snorted and then all but fell into his arms.

Laura and Cora left quietly—for once, shockingly not commenting—and closing the door on them, the human had begun crying, the emotional roller coaster proving too much.

'Stiles-brother is coming?'

Right, he forgot about the phone call, Derek gently picked up Stiles phone, and brought it to Stiles' ear.

'Are you really coming home?'

Stiles nodded, "Yes", he whispered.

'Oh Thank God!'

Jackson—the stranger—breathed a sigh of relief.

'I'll pick you up from the airport', he sighed, 'No way, am I letting you get in that damn rust bucket of yours, with your luck you'll just bang it in a tree again', he grumbled.

"See, tree, proof", Derek teased.

"That was one time!" Stiles protested to Jackson and Derek.

'That was enough', Jackson stated, 'Like I said, with your luck, anything not required is completely possible, now humor me', he demanded, "I have had a crappy year and I don't need your stubbornness added into the mix", he whined.

Sensing said stubbornness rearing its ugly neck, Derek intervened;

"How about we drive down to Beacon Hills from San Fran, in my car, and then you come back to bed?" he growled utterly fed up, by the fact that he really wanted to Keep Stiles in it forever, but something/someone kept interrupting them.

'Whoa!! Malia take Claudija into the other room eh?'

There was a protesting sound before a gentle voice coaxed the little girl away, they both waited amused, and predictably Jackson exploded;

'You were in the middle of getting Laid!!!!' he whined.

"That was the idea", Stiles tilted his head just so, and Derek took it for the invitation it was, and bit down.

'For you that's like a once in a Blue Moon opportunity, go forth and conquer, Come in time', he joked awkwardly, 'Oh Stiles?' he paused.

"Hm?"

'Be safe! Especially when you loot and Plunder!!!'

Stiles stared at him as the dial tone echoed in the bedroom, like a loud gong.

"I am officially calling off our ceasefire, because the first thing I do when we get to Beacon Hills is kick his ass!!!" he promised flushing a bright red, it made Derek find him downright endearing.

Derek tilted his head back just a little and then kissed him, "Let's get some sleep", he murmured gently.

Stiles nodded, and allowed Derek to gently usher him back to the bed, "Do you remember me telling you 'I'm overwhelmed'?" he asked.

Derek nodded, "Feels like a lifetime ago", he confessed softly.

"It does", he agreed allowing Derek to peel of his jeans, "But for me it's mostly because you anchor me so completely. It feels like you're my oxygen tank, and before you were there, all I was, was drowning", he whispered.

Derek hummed and pulled off of his shirt, "I changed my mind", he whimpered.

Stiles turned to him confused, "Wha—"

"The minute my eyes fell on you", he smirked as he pulled of Stiles T-shirt, "I saw this kid", he grinned cheekily, "Crash into six different people, practically topple over a four year old, jump over a Golden retriever, and screech at decibels bats would envy", he paused, "'Neffy'", he laughed, "Like I said, I figured you lost a kid, you looked like a desperate parent who'd lost their kid, fumbling, flailing all over the place, a pure chaotic mess", he pushed Stiles down.

Bouncing Stiles blinked up at him, as he peeled off a tank top, shirt already missing—and when the hell did that happen?

Crawling over Stiles, Derek continued, "At first I was worried, and I followed, I thought, 'I should help', I take my eyes off of you for one second and you're dumpster diving", he chuckled as he leant down and licked his navel.

Stiles groaned at the rough texture of the man's tongue on his skin, as he pulled back, the cool air set his skin ablaze.

Stiles swallowed thickly.

"And then you yelled, 'stupid-damned cat'", he raked his stubble up the man's torso, causing Stiles to grasp the damn sheets, whimpering at the intense feeling the gesture provoked, "And I almost tripped mid jog after you", he hummed pleasantly eyes on Stiles, clenched fists, eyes shut tight. "I told myself, he's an idiot", he shook his head as if exasperated and as he moved his head, his lips found Stiles' left nipple.

Stiles' eyes shot open, and he grunted, "Hnnngh!!!!"

Licking the appendage, Derek growled and scraped his teeth against the nub.

Stiles' back arched and he whined, as Derek tugged it once before letting go, and continuing without even seeming covetous, "But your determination, the way you moved, despite the exasperation in your voice, you cared", he pinched his wet nipple and smirked as Stiles yowled, "About a cat", he leaned down and licked the right nipple and Stiles keened at the odd sensations travelling through his body, almost as if his nerve endings were lit with shots of electricity;

"It intrigued me, I wanted to know you", he bit down, and Stiles bucked wildly, the electricity transforming into living lightning through his veins, hands clenched in the sheets, sweat pouring down his temple, eyes wild, panting roughly as if he'd been wrecked.

Derek ground down forcing his hips back, and holding Stiles down, he laved the nub, licking, nibbling and occasionally biting the bud, until Stiles whined pitiably, "Der—k", he swallowed the word mid-yell, as Derek blew cold air on the completely tortured-abused flesh.

Stiles shivered horribly, whining as Derek ignored him, and licked a line up his chest, found the mark he'd made earlier and licked the bite-mark gently, a total and complete contrast to his burning skin.

"Dere-k", he whimpered helplessly.

Derek hummed idly pulling back and then nodded, "Oh yeah, sorry", he stated so easily as if he hadn't been rendering Stiles obsolete. "I followed you, and then I heard Neffy, she sounded distraught and you looked like it was killing you, just seeing her in the tree, and I wanted to impress you, so the next thing I know, instinct's taking over, and I'm right up there in the tree, with your attention on me", he hissed and kissed Stiles hungrily.

Derek leans in and puts his tongue right there and wiggles it, rubbing back and forth quickly. Slowly but surely, he adds force. Derek can sense it in the flex of Stiles' jaw. Derek works his tongue inside, hooking it when he gets in deep enough and drawing back out to render Stiles intoxicated.

Stiles pants noisily through it, nearly twisting himself off the bed when Derek finally drives in completely, tongue deep and mouth open in a deep, filthy kiss that makes Stiles stomach knot up.

With a pop—that echoes filthily—Derek pulls back and ends the hungry kiss with a chaste brush of his lips, once, twice and then thrice, before leaning left and nuzzling him under his chin, gently kissing the bite mark.

Stiles blinked, eyes watering at the barely there touches, that seemed to light him up from within—worse than when Derek had tortured and abused his nipples, bit his neck, stolen his breath.

"You", Derek breathed against his ear, the air tickling his ear, "Say I saved you from drowning?" he chuckled a dry laugh, filled with something akin to pain, yet not exactly pain. Stiles' eyes blinked again, "It's an apt descriptor", a tear seemed to fall, neither was sure who shed it first, as Derek continued, "You've been keeping my head above water, before I even met you, Stiles", he choked out, "You've been anchoring me, stabling me, keeping me sane, before I even met you", he whispered, "You've saved my life, my soul, my heart", he stated hiding his head in the nook of Stiles shoulder and neck, "You're mine, and I didn't even know it, but now that I've found you, I never want to let you go", he promised.

"Derek".

They both understood his name held all things Stiles wanted to say, but couldn't for the life of him say.

"Stiles I love you, and I'm keeping you", he promised, "I'd walk through fire for you", he vowed.

Stiles choked at the significance, one hand moved and locked itself in Derek's hair, carding through the inky locks, the other curved around Derek's waist and squeezed, "I'm never leaving", he promised, "And I'd never let you walk through fire for me, but if it came to it, I'll wait for you to save me right back", he vowed.

*

Downstairs Laura, Cora and Peter grinned at each other at the vows, despite their uncomfortable expressions, at being privy to their love-making. Werewolves never had it easy, they were happy. Finally Derek wasn't an empty pit of angst, forcing himself to smile, to laugh, forcing his forced happiness, he'd stopped hurting inside, and that little ray of hope, that blossomed the minute Derek introduced Stiles, and the soft smile he carried when he looked at Stiles. It spoke volumes of how much his pain had ebbed.

How much he'd healed.

*

Stiles curled into Derek, as they clung to each other, both horribly aroused, but tempered by the need to simply be in each other's arms.

If there was one ironic thing they both were thinking was;

I won't let you go, even if I have to do anything by any Nefarious mean possible!

**xXx**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 150 26
Burdened with heavy debt, Mhok, a technical college student, applies for a high-paying job as a caregiver to Day, a badminton player with partial bli...
7.6K 122 12
Yes this is pretty badly written so I apologize from this point forward lol โš ๏ธ~WARNING~ Will probably contain minor fluff so that makes you feel unco...
53.8K 1.9K 11
Tim Drake gets into a nasty tangle with Poison Ivy and ends up losing his life. Well, 8 years of it anyway. All Tim can remember is how much he want...
222K 5.3K 52
โŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏ เชœโ€โžด ๐…๐„๐„๐‹๐’ ๐‹๐ˆ๐Š๐„ .แŸ โ› & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. โœ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...