The Fall (A Katherine Pierce...

Galing kay winter_ashes

"In the end we are left infinitely and utterly alone." Higit pa

Allegiance
The Cure
Backfired
Alive
The Great Impact
Au Revoir
The Chase
New Orleans
Reunited
The Last Dance
Almost an Escape
Trapped
Warned
Just Another Dance
Chaos
Escape Route
Run Away
Compulsions
Uncovering Secrets
Author's Note
Helping the Enemy
Dahlia
The Betrayal
Losing Hope
The End To A New Begining
Epilouge

Barely Breathing

2.3K 84 13
Galing kay winter_ashes

Elena's POV:

It's been almost a week since the incident happened but Katherine is still in her deep coma.

Part of me wanted her dead-I'm going to admit that, but, I know it's not right, and I know that no matter what she did-well, she pretty did do so much horrible things-especially to me, but I think she doesn't really deserve to be in a situation like this, it's...horrible. No one deserves to be in a situation like this.

What happened back then at the Whitmore University isn't really good. It just seems that Dr. West is part of this secret society that experiments on vampires.

Damon got injected with this-I don't even know what to call it-but it turns a vampire to feed on another vampire. But lucky us, we found the antidote.

Damon also confessed to me that he had been there before and that he experienced being the test subjects of the experiments, and I just feel bad for him.

We met an old friend of his, named Enzo, well-he is the one who stand in the middle of the street, mainly the reason of the car accident, also the one who hand us the antidote. But I don't really blame him for being the cause of the incident, he have his reasons, just as Katherine had her reasons.

And right now, I am now on my way to the doppelganger who tried to kill me so many times. The truth is, I despise Katherine but, part of me, deep deep down, this little vampire heart of mine, tells me to maybe even try my best to be good to her.

"Damon? What are you doing here? What's going on?" I look suspiciously at Damon who is signing some papers, together with the doctor. I let myself inside the room.

"Elena." He said and I smile at him but then I bring out my curious face.

"What's going on?" I ask once again, now facing the doctor.

"You know Ms. Gilbert, your twin is barely breathing and, it's mainly because just because of the machines that are connected to her." I narrow my eyes at her not because of the barely breathing part but because of the twin part. I never would want Katherine to be my twin, she's a black sheep.

"So, we-well, I decided to let her go." This shock me a bit, part of me just want to scream in joy but there's also this part of me that is...sad? No, not sad but maybe, a little bit guilt.

"You mean cut off the machines connected to her and let her die?" I ask not realizing that my voice is rising.

"Technically yes. And she's dying tonight." He answered me.

After the signing process and all, the doctor came out and Damon and I are the only ones left inside the room. I sigh as I look at Katherine, then convert my looks to Damon.

"Why are you here by the way?" I ask suspiciously. I know Damon's been going here every day, I just didn't ask about it but now, I want to know the reasons.

"As I told you, she's barely breathing, I'm just saying my goodbye." He said. And I blink a few times before something flash in my mind.

"Damon, don't tell me you are getting in her head day after day?" I want him to say no, but at the same time, I also want him to say yes.

"Ding ding, yes Elena, I am." He confessed. Oh wow. She must be giving Katherine a hard time.

"Why would you do that? She's dying Damon! She's weak." The good part of me scolded but the other part of me wanted to say he has done a good job.

"Oh come on Elena, don't be the goodie goodie, we both know that you loathe her." I hate to admit it but yes, he's right. I hate Katherine. After all she has done to me and my family.

Well, what can you expect, this is Damon after all, he has nothing else to do but to be...Damon. I was about to walk out the room when he speaks up.

"You know what, let's have a little goodbye Katherine party later at our house, I'm going to send messages to your so called friends." I let out a sigh and walk out of the room.

Maybe a little toast to the barely breathing-about to die Katherine Pierce wouldn't be so bad after all.

Damon's POV:

Elena's right. I've been in Katherine's head every day playing the same scenes of misery, telling her how pathetic her life is and how pathetic she personally is. After all she has done to me, this is the least that I could do.

And I got a little secret to admit, I compelled the nurses and the doctor to think that Katherine is a dead end already. I want her dead, she's no good after all.

Is it bad if I repeat the scene one last time before she really dies? No, I think it's not bad, rather, it is a very good idea.

I stare at Katherine and I can't help myself but to smirk at the thought.

*****

"Miss me?" I said sarcastically as I look at the teary eyed Katerina who is mourning at her dead family. She stand up and glares at me.

"Why do you keep on repeating this scenes Damon? Why do you keep on getting in my head?" I smirk at her. I love it when she's in misery.

"Because... before you really go away, I want to let these things sink in your mind Katherine." I eyed at her and she gritted her teeth. I let the blood flow on the walls and on the floor, making her flinch.

"You are the reason why your family is dead. If you only didn't run away from Klaus then this wouldn't happen. You are so pathetic, self-centered bitch." I yelled at her and she let the tears out.

"You don't understand Damon...I did it to survive." She gulp and I was about to change the scene but someone push me on my shoulders making me lose my control.

*****

"What are you doing Damon?" Oh, come on, my brother...why does he always want to be the good one.

"You know what I'm doing." I said sarcastically raising my hands.

"Damon she's weak, she's dying...at least give her a piece of peacefulness." He said looking straight into my eyes, and I can see the guilt in there.

"Why Stefan?" I said pushing him away from me.

"Don't tell me that you feel something for that bitch because, take this straight from me-you don't, it's just guilt, and your conscience is just eating you." He pushes me again and I push him harder.

"I don't have to feel something to do the right thing Damon." Of course, there it goes, the right thing. Stefan always makes me look that I am the bad guy.

I vamp speed outside before we decided to make a scene, Stefan followed me. I can feel the irritation, the anger, I can feel my blood boiling.

"Couldn't you see it Stefan? That bitch toyed with us! She tricked us! And I spent nearly my 100 years of existence just to search for her, to get her out in that freaking tomb, only to find that she is free going around the world! She ruined us Stefan! She ruined me!" I yelled getting all of my anger out. I hate Katherine, I hate how I fell for her, I hate how I did everything for her, I hate myself for being such a fool.

Stefan stared at me, his lips parted from each other. Why is he defending that bitch by the way? She is the reason why we are who we are now, she is the reason why I live in misery for some time, she is the reason for all of this mishaps. She deserves to die.

"Damon..." Stefan steps near me and was about to touch me but I slap his hands away.

"Don't Damon me." I blasted out.

"Don't you get it? Have you forgotten? We died for her...we died for nothing. We did our best to save her, I did my best to save her, and we turn away from each other because of her Stefan!" As I yelled those words, I can feel my face heat up. Pictures of her begin to flash back in my memory. Her smile, her lips, her everything, and all of the good times..

"Stop...blaming her Damon, it's not her fault that you search for her for such a long time, you did it because you love her. You love her Damon, I know you did. Between the two of us, you are the one who truly love her. You accepted her flaws, you accepted her true...identity. And maybe deep down inside you..." he pointed at me. I don't know if he is saying this to make me feel guilty or for trying to make me feel the same about Katherine so I would turn away from Elena, but either way, his words hit me.

"Maybe...maybe she still has a place, but you won't admit it, because you are too afraid of what might happen, sometimes, you just have to let the past go Damon, and maybe...try to forgive." I took a gulp.

I sit at the ground leaning my back at the wall, hands on my head. I close my eyes as I felt a tear roll down. I did love Katherine, I did, but not anymore, although I hate to admit, but maybe Stefan was right. And right now, I feel stupid, very stupid.

Stefan woosh away but I just stayed to where I am. Damn that self-centered psychotic bitch is not worth it to be mourning at. What am I doing...she's not worth a tear.

Flashbacks started to flow in my mind again...the Katherine that I knew once. I shake my head and stand up, I'm being a pussy, and Katherine is nothing, why should I care about her, damn, we really need that goodbye Katherine toast.

Caroline's POV:

Is it rude to have this little goodbye Katherine toast while she is about to die? I mean-I do feel happy and great but-I feel kind of sad too.

"To the crazy psychotic bitch who is about to die." I got back to myself when Matt proposed a toast. I raise my glass and smile.

They were laughing and joking about Katherine, some are funny but some are really really mean. To be honest, I don't really feel like doing this but there is also a part of me that is super happy.

The whole squad is here, having fun-well except for Stefan of course, maybe he's with Katherine, and speaking of Katherine, I assume that she is going to die after an hour now or so and I haven't really said goodbye to her or whatsoever.

"Umm...I'm not really feeling well can I-go?" I lied, but all I wanted to do is to go to the hospital and say my goodbyes before Katherine dies. I don't know, deep inside me just wants to do it.

They all eyed at me curiously but I didn't really mind them. I got my bag and headed at the door. My conscience is kicking in. I was about to go out when Stefan appeared at the door. Oh my God-does this mean that Katherine is dead?

"Is she dead?" I ask straightly.

"No, not yet, but soon she will be." He stated and I didn't answer, I just vamp speed my way to the hospital.

Is it odd? But...I don't really hate Katherine as much as they do-I mean yes I hate her but not as much as Elena hate her-well why wouldn't she hate her, she's... kind of the reason of the bad things happening to Elena, she even tried to kill her too many times-but what I'm trying to point out in here is I kind of feel bad for Katherine.

Well Katherine is the reason of why I am a vampire, and I'm kind of angry about her for turning me bu just as Klaus said...I prefer who I am right now than who I am before. And I hate to say it but...I'm glad that Katherine turned me.

And this one too, if it's not because of Katherine then Stefan and Damon wouldn't met Elena, and Elena wouldn't met the love of her life, and I wouldn't be a vampire, things would be different.

Hell, to be honest again, she didn't really do something bad to me personally, and if I can see the good in Klaus, I can also see the good in Katherine.

I mean she did these stupid things to save herself. Heck I think if I were in the place of Katherine, of course I would also look out for myself first in order to survive.

And I kind of feel bad also on what happened at few days ago. She saves me from Jessie, and I owe her one. And when we are inside the car, we met gazes, and I wanted to help her, I wanted to do something but I can't, and I hate it. I can see the fear in her eyes that time, telling me to help her but...I am not able to do something.

I snap out of my thoughts when I was walking at the hallway and Klaus is walking towards my direction. What is he doing in here.

"Good evening love." He greeted and it annoys me.

"What are you doing in here Klaus?" I ask.

"Well, Damon told me that my favorite vampire is dying, it would be so rude if I didn't come over to see her pathetic face." He said sarcastically and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Oh, as much as I want to talk to you love, but I'm afraid I must be going." He said smiling and I fake smile at him. Duh, as if I care if he leaves...well maybe I do but just so little, very very very little that it cannot be seen.

I entered the room and walk slightly  to Katherine, she looks so peaceful, I wish she always looks so peaceful like this without her bitchy attitude and bad behaviors.

"Hey Katherine." I begin staring at her face.

"So,if you are gonna die, well, I think I at least need to say something to you." Okay, is it weird to talk to someone who is not answering back? Because for me it is.

"Thank-oh my gosh!" I was about to say thank you but I was stop! I was stop because I saw her hand move! Oh God!

"Katherine! Can you hear me?" I ask leaning closer to her.

"Katherine wake up!" I said snapping. Then Stefan appeared beside me.

"What are you doing?" he asks looking curiously at Katherine.

"Stefan I saw her hand move! She's-maybe she is waking up in her deep coma!" I yelled excitedly. I'm happy for her, I don't know I'm just happy. But I also have this part of me that makes her want to die now but this happy part of me is winning.

"Are you sure?" Stefan asks observing her.

"Yes Stefan, yes." Now I have this big smile on my face, but it fades away when a doctor with some nurses come in.

"I'm sorry but I believe I have to remove the wiring at her now." The doctor said and walks beside the machine.

"Wait. I swear I saw her hand move!" I stop her. She looks at Katherine.

"Could we wait some more minutes please?" Stefan asks.

"I'm sorry sir, but we are only following a protocol." Damn, why wouldn't she believe in me?

" Damn it! I swear to you she just move!" Now I'm aware that my voice is loud. I was about to say something again and the doctor is about to argue with me but we are stop and look at Katherine...her eyes wide open.

Plastered on my face is a very big smile...Katherine is really a survivor.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

18.4K 452 12
[ ABANDONED ] "Living or dying. Which is better?" [ KOL MIKAELSON X OC ] [ TVD SEASON 3-4 ]
11K 245 45
🐺🐺🐺
559K 9.3K 115
I mean what could i say.
10.8K 437 14
𝑺𝑷𝑬𝑳𝑳𝑩𝑶𝑼𝑵𝑫 𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒'𝑠 𝑛𝑜 𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝐼'𝑙𝑙 𝑒𝑛𝑑 𝑢𝑝 𝑏𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑠 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘 �...