Uninvited

By SheHopes

[COMPLETED] When down on her luck, Abby Redding lands a position as the personal assistant for wealthy busine... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36: The Final Chapter
Bonus Chapter: Part 1
Bonus Chapter: Part 2
Bonus Chapter: Part 3
Bonus Chapter: Hawk & Felicia

Chapter 35

38.8K 3.2K 693
By SheHopes

Geneva Preston didn't look like a medium. With her gray hair pulled up in a tight bun, dark-rimmed glasses, and cosmetic-free face, she reminded Alex of a librarian he knew in the third grade. After a few phone calls and an exorbitant amount of money, Alex was able to have Ms. Preston visit them in Bayless the following night.

"Are you sure we can go in there right now?" Abby asked.

"It's my cabin," Alex insisted.

"I don't know," Wally whispered. "Sheriff Don doesn't usually play around. He'll get pretty upset if he finds us here."

"This cabin holds many secrets," Geneva whispered.

"You can say that again," Abby muttered.

Geneva began humming a tune that caused both Alex and Abby to pause. It was the song from the music box and the song that Abby associated with Bryce.

Geneva stopped humming. "I'm sensing the spirit of a young girl. She's trapped."

"Trapped?" Alex asked. "How is she trapped?"

"She wants to cross over but she can't. She's stuck."

"Is that all you sense?" Abby couldn't help but ask. "Is she the only spirit?"

"No," Geneva whispered. "There's someone else here. Someone dark. Evil. He's angry and he wants revenge."

"It's probably Lionel," Abby whispered to Alex. "I told you so."

Geneva turned to Alex. "You wanted me to help explain what happened the night this young girl was killed?"

Alex nodded.

"Do you have an object from that night?"

"Did you get the knife back?" Abby asked him.

"No. It didn't have any evidence on it anyway."

"I need something from that night to help me communicate with her," Geneva said.

"I got it!" Abby asked them to wait a few minutes as she ran upstairs to the pink room. On the bed was the rag doll that had bothered Abby. She brought it downstairs and handed it to Geneva.

"This is perfect," Geneva whispered. "This kept her company while she died."

A gust of wind blew beside them causing all of them to jump a bit as they were indoors. They could hear a soft pattering of rain against the roof.

"It's starting to rain again," Wally observed. "The weatherman said it would be dry today."

"She's recreating that night," Geneva whispered. "Did it rain that night too?"

"Yes," Alex answered.

"She's scared. She's with her mother and she's very frightened." Geneva had her eyes closed.

A large crash coming from the kitchen caused Abby to yelp.

"He's angry. He doesn't want me here. He doesn't want you here either," Geneva said.

"He who? Who's here?" Abby cried.

"The evil one."

"Bryce? Or Lionel?" Abby shivered before Alex came up behind her and placed his arms around her, kissing her temple.

Geneva opened her eyes and touched Abby's cheek. "You're frightened because of your past. Don't be. There are no spirits named Bryce around you."

"There isn't?"

"No."

"Then who is the evil spirit?"

Geneva closed her eyes as the rain became heavier. "It's the father of the man you care for."

"I don't--"

"Abby," Alex whispered in her ear. "It's okay. It's okay to admit you like me. I'm not going to hurt you."

"Trust him," Geneva instructed. "You've been through too much in the past not to."

"So, it is Lionel?" Wally interjected. "Our father?"

"Yes," Geneva whispered. "He's the evil spirit."

As she spoke the words a loud crackle of thunder filled the air.

It was starting to sprinkle. Felicia stopped at Caldwell's grocery store, her eyes spotting the sheriff's car parked out front. She turned to Maggie and said, "I'll be a few minutes. I'd say not to go anywhere, but I know that's impossible." She pulled on the handcuffs that were attached to the car and Maggie's wrist before exiting her car.

She scanned the patrons of the grocery store until she spotted the person she wanted to see most. "Excuse me, do you go by the name Maria?"

"Yes, do I know you?"

"Maria, who is this?" Chuck asked.

"I'm sorry but I need to talk to Maria," Felecia said, not bothering to glance at the man named Chuck. "It's official business."

"I'm her husband," Chuck said, puffing his chest out.

"And this isn't the 1500s where women need men to speak on their behalf. Back up while I talk to her alone."

"What's this about?" Maria whispered. "Is this about those comments I wrote online about those Kardashian girls? I was just joking!"

"No. I'm here because you're a friend of Abby's."

"She is?" Chuck asked.

"I am." Maria nodded. "Is something wrong with Abby?"

"I was just wondering if she had invited you to her séance."

"Séance?" Chuck asked loudly. "What the hell are you talking about?"

Felicia rolled her eyes. They were all playing into her hands perfectly.

Zachary and Don turned to the group, taking a few steps closer.

Spotting Zachary and Don, Felicia raised her voice. "A medium was hired to find out what really happened the night Crystal Caldwell was murdered. I'm surprised you weren't told."

"That's crazy!" Chuck pulled out his cell phone. "I've got to tell Wally. He's my best friend and if anyone needs to know what happened that night, it's him."

"Wally knows." Felicia smiled. "He's there too."

"Wally is with those two outsiders and they brought a medium to the cabin?" Don asked loudly. "To my crime scene? I'm going to arrest all of them!"

"Don!" Zachary called after his brother, who was rushing to his patrol car.

"I hope Wally doesn't get into any trouble. I told him to stay away from that Alex Carter. Nothing but bad news," Chuck muttered.

"Excuse me, but I would appreciate it if you didn't disparage my boss," Felicia said. "The Carters are good people."

"Lionel Carter wasn't," Chuck replied.

"No, but there are always exceptions." Felicia stole a glance at Zachary who was murmuring to himself. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Zachary glanced at Chuck, "Chuck, can you give me a ride to the cabin. I'm afraid of what Don will do when he gets there."

"What are you afraid of?" Maria asked. "He's the sheriff."

"I'm afraid there might be a repeat of what happened twenty-five years ago."

Felicia waited a few minutes before entering her heavily tinted vehicle.

She turned to Maggie. "I do believe we'll leave now that we've given them a head start. This should be an exciting night, don't you think?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 511 11
Casey wakes up from a nightmare, only to realize she's now living one. Unsure of what's going on and scared for her life, she's faced with multiple r...
246K 14.9K 61
𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐀𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝟏 (𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄) Jade Grogan, the youngest millionaire in the city among his other two brothers, i...
381K 12.5K 55
Everybody loves a man with a dark past, but just how dark... In Manhattan, New York, Liz Cheslaw is the only female on the marketing team in a succes...
456 24 38
"Dear Giles, I'm sure you already know what this note is going to say. Please, do find solace in this as it once again means your life is spared, but...