Promise Me //1D Completed [✔️]

By missnovicewriter

The Foster Care system is a home to a millions of diverse and unique young adults. Strangely, the system attr... More

Promise Me
Prologue
Are you afaird of death?
What's it like being in a family?
Friends?
Will I Ever be Pretty?
Pilot
Sleepovers
What does love look like?
Sibella
London Bound
Rain & Coffee
Pumpkin Everything
A White Halloween
:(
An Eternal Memory
My Best Friend
'Tis the Season
Kicking off in London
Bonjour!
Le Grand Palias
ASP
thirteen!
journaling
Othello
Take Me Home
Dishonor on you!
A + Q
Date Shenanigans
Unexpected Roomates
McDonalds Breakfast
This Is Us
Two Voices
fml
Lesson Learned
Boarding Australia
Start of Somethig New
Anything But You
Sad Song
Thank You
Epilogue
Forever Your's

Mud Wrestling

755 34 3
By missnovicewriter

Tegan's P.O.V
April 2013

~~~

For the last couple weeks, I've tried to act like everything was the same. I text the boys. They send me pictures. I always tell them I'm too busy with school to call.

They've probably figured out I'm hiding, but they don't say anything.

Unfortunately, the boys are coming to the penthouse tomorrow. They're staying in Paris for five days.

Ally, Skipper and Nathan distract me from worrying about that. They care about such thirteen year old things, like their hair or boys, so it's easy to dumb myself down to those issues.

Romeo and I practically ignore the other's existence. Sometimes we go at it a bit during lunch and Nathan always starts laughing hysterically.

"So, stranger I have a question." Nathan plops down in his desk next to me. "What the hells the matter with you and Romeo?"

We're sitting in home room, supposed to be studying or doing homework.

"Nothing," I roll my eyes.

"You two fight like a married couple," he raises one of his eyebrows.

"Our personalities clash," I shrug.

I open my notebook, hoping if I look focused he'll stop this conversation.

Then, I get a brilliant idea.

"Nathan! We should hangout this weekend." I suggest.

If Nathan is around, then I don't have to face the music and talk to the boys about anything serious.

"Really? Do what?" He furrows his eyebrows.

"The boys are stopping in on their tour. You could hangout with us." I explain.

"I'll ask my mum!" He smiles.

~~~

To my benefit, Nathan is allowed to hangout on Saturday. The boys arrive to Paris around noon and check into their hotel,

In our WhatsApp group chat, we decide on meeting in a footy field. Adelaide and I pick up Nathan before driving there.

I ring the doorbell at the front of Nathan's brick house.

The door opens, revealing Nathan himself.

"Ello stranger!" He greets, smiling. "Bye, mum! I'll be back later!"

He shuts the front door behind him. We walk off his porch in comfortable silence towards Adelaide's car.

"Adelaide, this is my friend, Nathan. Nathan this is my nanny." I introduce them.

"Lovely to me you!" She smiles at him in the rear view mirror.

"I can't believe I'm gonna meet One Direction!" Nathan squeals, sarcastically.

Adelaide laughs, but I roll my eyes, shaking my head.

At the football fields, the boys arrived first. They're all standing outside in a circle, Louis holding the ball under his armpit. The three of us climb out of the car.

As we approach them, they all stand in an uneven line, watching us. They look like a gang, but a non intimidating gang. Just one you kinda don't want to talk to because it will be weird.

"Tegan's brought a boy." Louis raises one of his eyebrows.

Zayn crosses his arms, shooting him a glare. Niall throws his head back laughing.

"What's the name, pal?" Harry nods, putting his hands on his hips.

I can tell Liam is calculating in his head that Harry will be bad cop, so he wants to be good cop.

"I'm Nathan!" He states enthusiastically, like some sort of puppy.

That's it. Nathan reminds me entirely of a puppy.

"How much money to make you stop talking to Tegan?" Louis protests.

"I'll do that for free." Nathan answers without any hesitation.

"You see, I might like this kid." Louis smiles.

"I'm Li-" Harry silences Liam by wagging his index finger.

"Hush Liam, we mustn't befriend the small boy yet."

"Let's get started, shall we?" Louis announce, slapping the football. "Tegan and I'll be team captains. I'll pick first, I pick Nathan."

"What?" I throw my arms in the air. "He's my mate, you can't have him!"

I grab his arm, pulling him to my side.

"Sorry, sweet cheeks, I'm eldest. I pick Nathan." Louis smirks, slyly motioning for him to come to his side.

"Sorry stranger," Nathan ruffles my hair, abandoning me for Louis' side.

I pick Zayn, Adelaide and Niall. Louis' team being Liam, Harry and Nathan.

I swear if we loose I'll never hear the end of it.

~~~

The score is 7-9 right now. We are down by only two points. It was clear Adelaide has never kicked a football in her life, but Niall has been attempting to teach her. She's failing epically, so we stuck her in the goalie box. Niall has been hustling to make sure the ball usually stays away from her though.

I run up, stealing the ball from Nathan. I pass it between my feet, dribbling towards their goal. From behind me, Louis appears next to me. Playfully, he pushes my shoulders, swiftly stealing the ball.

"What the heck! That's a penalty, Tomlinson!" I shout, chasing him.

Zayn steals the ball from Louis, passing it back to me. Turning, I bolt down the field, kicking it between my feet. I am about to score when it starts to drizzle. I stop, facing the sky. A raindrop landing on my forehead.

"TEGAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? SCORE!" Niall screams.

I shake my head, kicking the football into the goal, Harry failing to block it.

The rain starts to pour harder, the field immediately dampening and becoming sloshy.

Harry throws the ball down the field, to Louis. Louis stops it with his foot, dribbling a bit then passing to Liam. Liam dribbles down towards our goal. I sprint, towards him, grass squeaking under my trainers. I catch Liam, trying to kick it away from his feet. Instead, I accidentally kick his foot rather than the ball. We laugh as our feet tangle with each other, the ball slipping to the side.

I pivot, planning to kick the ball entirely away to Niall. I bring my leg back, toe meeting the ball, but slipping and falling right into grass

"Are you alright?" Liam asks, concerned.

I throw my head back laughing, my elbows sinking into the grass. He offers his hand towards me, I accept, pulling him down to the ground with me.

"Tegan!" He falls into the grass next to me, water slightly splashing.

We both stand up, shaking a bit. Hurriedly,  I take the chance to pass the ball to Niall. He carries it with his feet down the field. I watch, Nathan eventually stopping him and trying to steal it. Successfully, Nathan begins running towards are goal. I run across the field, hoping I'll catch him before he makes it close enough to shoot.

"Oh, stay away stranger!" Nathan warns me, noticing my incoming.

I turn my back towards our goal, facing him and kicking it through his feet. The ball rolls behind him and I circle around him.

"Not so fast." Now he circles me, grabbing onto my forearms, using me for balance. "Louis!"

He kicks the ball behind me and I turn my head back to see Louis get the ball then successfully score in our goal.

My mouth falls open, disappointed, yet shocked at their teamwork.

Suddenly, a weight is added to my back, an arm curling itself losing around my neck. Legs surround my hips and subconsciously, my hands wrap under his kneecaps.

"We won! We won!" Nathan chants in my ear.

I take two steps forward before dropping Nathan right on his bum. I laugh, hoping to escape, but he wraps his hand around my ankle. When I attempt to move, his girl holds me, causing me to fall on my knees.

"Oh, you've started it!" I grab a small handful of mud, scattering it on Nathan's shirt.

"Mud fight!" Louis announces, jumping on Niall's back. "Go Leppy, go!"

Everyone continues to play in the raining, soaking our clothes. Eventually, muddy clothes and all, we decided to go grab a bite to eat.

All eight of squeezed into a small booth at a diner. I am squished between the wall and Nathan. We all order milkshakes and fries. Together, laughing, yelling, and blowing bubbles in our drinks the evening passes.

"I'll give you a dollar if you dump this whole tea packet in your mouth." Harry challenges Louis, waving a tea packet in his face.

Louis snatches the tea packet, ripping it open, tilting his head back, then dumping the whole thing in his mouth. Immediately, he reacts, spitting the contents back onto the table and coughing.

I watch in horror, laughing so hard my stomach hurts. Harry holds his milkshake for him, helping the straw into his mouth. Zayn pats his back once. All it does is cause Louis to cough up the milkshake as well.

"What the hell?" Louis' voice comes out hoarse. "That's disgusting!"

Liam hands him napkins to clean up the mess he had made. Louis started to laugh at himself.

"What the hell is even in that?" He asks.

Niall picks up the empty packet off the table.

"Nothing, there's literally nothing in it." Niall doubles over in laughter.

"Then why the hell did it feel like I was being strangled? Fess up the dollar now, Hazza."

~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 65 13
Lilly is a 6 year and her sister is 7 and her name is Addison . Lilly got abused by her father at the age of just 3. Addison got abused when she was...
224K 4.8K 30
Zoe Alexis Malik is a thirteen year old orphan. She's never known her family or why she's in an orphanage, well aat least until she goes to a One Dir...
70.3K 1.4K 36
One day Liam and Louis are with a friend while their children Harry (16) and Niall (17) were at school, see what happens when their friend who just s...
446 61 19
Liam Payne (17) has been in more foster homes but didn't like it or they didn't want it anymore so he ran away a lot. What if he finds 1 with more ki...