The Player Swap Up : Sequel

By SonsOfPitches

Alex and Cristiano are back! I hope you all enjoy this as much as the first book! Remember Crismes is the rea... More

Welcome Back ;)
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
GUYSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter XI
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Authors Note
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Change

Chapter I

4.7K 78 10
By SonsOfPitches

"I'm telling you! I saw it!" Pinoe exclaimed

She claims she saw big foot on her way to the training center today. "Right, would you like to know what I saw? A flying unicorn, or maybe it was a pegusus?" I said thoughtfully.

Megan flicked my ear "I know what I saw!"

I rolled my eyes "Okay Pinoe, okay."

We were currently stretching up and prepping for practice. We had the World Cup coming up soon and we were training harder than ever.

Alright I'll quit boring you. Cristiano and I have been dating for eleven months now and it was going well. We talked whenever we had time and Cris had visited me once since I left two months ago.

"Earth to Alex!" Jill said snapping her fingers in front of my face. "No time for daydreaming! Let's get to work ladies!"

And so begins my day.

_________________________________

Cristiano POV

"Buenos noches Cris." I murmured closing his door before heading into my own room.

I changed into shorts and slipped my shirt off. I pulled back the covers and got into bed. I reached for my phone on my bedside table scrolling through messages.

Jorge: Ronaldo, big day tomorrow! Be at the studio by 11.
Marcelo: Do you have doritos? I really want doritos :(
Alex: Goodnight love I'll ttyl.
Iker: Dude please tell me you have doritos. Marcelo is driving me nuts. Bring them to training tomorrow please.

I smirked at the last message. Marcelo and his doritos.

I responded to Alex first - Morning Lex. Love you.

Then I answered Marcelo and Iker with a 'I'll bring them tomorrow.'

I settled into my bed and pulled the covers over me. My phone vibrated.

New message - Alex : love you too

I smiled and set my phone on my bedside table and plugged it into the charger. I turned off the light and closed my eyes.

Life is good.

___________________________________

Alex POV

After training I asked the girls of they wanted to go out for lunch. Abby, Hope, Kling, Carli and Christen said they could. No one else was available.

We set up a place to meet and a time. "I'll see you." I waved getting into my car. I drove home and showered and got ready to head to the cafe.

I arrived in fifteen minutes and got a table for us. I played Diner Dash, my obsession and weakness, on my phone as I waited.

New message - James : Image.

I pressed on the notification and a picture of Sonoma, James' daughter, in a frozen costume.

I can't handle that child. She's too much cuteness in one kid.

"Boo!" Someone said scaring me. "Holy bejeezus!" I exclaimed turning around to see Abby laughing and sitting down.

"I honestly hate you." I told her shaking my head.

"But you love me." Abby smiled

I rolled my eyes "Whatever."

"Have you heard anything from lover boy?" She asked after the waiter placed a water in front of her.

"Yeah we talk everyday." I nodded taking a sip of my own water.

Abby sat and thought for a second "You know when I said that maybe we could find you a guy before you left for the swap I didn't know you actually would."

"Me either." I said laughing

"And especially Cristiano Ronaldo?" She said her eyes widening "He's a freaking legend. And so I'm told a 'masterpiece'. I mean don't get me wrong you're pretty Alex but damn."

I gave her a pointed look "Gee thanks."

"You know what I meant. I'm just saying he's got a reputation as this arrogant jerk. The exact opposite of you, so it's saying something if you two are together." Abby explained

"Tabloids build him up that way. I have yet to see him act arrogant." I shrugged "He makes me happy."

"I know. You can tell. But if he ever does make you cry I will have to ruin that face of his." Abby said seriously

I smiled "Down girl."

"I'm one hundred percent serious."

I knew she was, I remember when I first came onto the team and Abby and I became friends I went on a date with a guy who later admitted to only wanting publicity. I cried, not because I liked the guy, but because I thought I would never meet a guy who would like me for me. Abby sent the guy tickets to our next match and 'accidentally' nailed him in the face while taking a shot.

He broke his nose and lost a tooth. It was really funny.

Carli showed up after my reminiscence. Not long after the other girls showed up.

We had a peaceful lunch and went our separate ways after we finished.

When I stepped into my modern styled house my phone began to ring. I struggled to get it out of my purse as it kept ringing.

I finally pulled it out with a HA! And answered it without looking to see who it was.

"Hello?"

"Lexie!" My father said on the other line.

I smiled "Hey dad!"

"What're you up to?" He asked. I shook my head laughing quietly. "Just got in from lunch with a few of the gals. What about you?"

"Oh I'm just relaxing here. How's the team?"

I talked to my dad for a half hour. After that my afternoon consisted of watching matches Japan has played.

Japan. The reason we lost the World Cup in 2011. Right now I was watching Japan vs Brazil. They were a machine.

We couldn't let them win again.

We wouldn't.

__________________________________

I woke up earlier than normal to my phone ringing. I reached for it and answered "Hello?" I muttered

"Good morning sunshine. Jill is calling an earlier practice, 5:30. Up and at em baby horse." Carli said over the phone.

I groaned "Okay. Thanks."

I hung up and threw my legs over the side of my bed. I looked at the time and groaned again.

4:45.

Well isn't this just peachy?

________________________________

I arrived at training at 5:15 and began to stretch. Carli was already there and joined me.

"Why did she call us here so early?" I mumbled still tired.

Carli hesitated "She didn't."

I stopped stretching looking at her confused "What do you mean? You said-"

"I lied. I wanted to get everyone here for a meeting." She said simply

A meeting at 5:30 in the morning?!

"But I- and you- and sleep!" I whined

"Listen. The world cup is a month away. A month. That's nothing in soccer time. I wanted to talk to everyone and get them mentally ready. We have to win it this year."

When she put it like that sleep seemed miniscule. Only a month away?

"I didn't even realize it was so close." I murmured

"Exactly, that is why I called this meeting."

I rolled my shoulders. The world cup only a month away. I suddenly felt the urge to get up earlier everyday and train longer and harder.

A month.

_________________________________

I hope you enjoyed this! I know I know not much Cralex. I started to write a phone convo with them in this but then I deleted it bcuz I thought it was just too awkward..

Anyway ily all and I hope you have an amazing week!

Remember Crismes is the real ship here. And as always HALA MADRID Y NADA MAS!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.7K 708 11
A CRISTIANO RONALDO FAN FICTION - It was sure to be a mystery to everyone else, but it clearly wasn't to her and her family. Besides, she actually pr...
82.9K 1.5K 32
The story that shows my life at 16 and being the next top soccer player for the U.S. National team. Fanfiction of the USWNT some AU!
348K 6.7K 30
While out with her best friend on her Bachelorette in Madrid, Rachel Focker does something she shouldn't. ft. Cristiano Ronaldo
48.3K 1.2K 39
Too thin, too pale, Lucia is forced to move back in with her cousin Fabio, defender for Real Madrid. She must put the past behind her and look into t...