A Curse of Luck

By xXsweetmisery10Xx

For as long as Whitney can remember her family has had rotton luck. Nothing extremely unlucky happens like de... More

Taken (1)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (2)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (3)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (4)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (5)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (6)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story)(7)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (8)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (9)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (10)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (11)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (12)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (13)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (14)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (15) Part 1
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (15) Part 2
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (16)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (17) Part 1
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (17) part 2
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (18)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (19)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (20)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (21)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (22)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (24)
A Curse of Luck (A Kidnapped Story) (25)
A Curse of Luck (A Kidnapped story) (26)
A Curse of Luck (A Kidnapped Story) (27)
A Curse of Luck (A Kidnapped Story) (28)
A Curse of Luck (A Kidnapped Story) (29)
A Curse of Luck (A Kidnapped Story) (30)
A Curse of Luck (A Kidnapped Story) (31)
A Curse of Luck (A Kidnapped Story) (32)
A Curse of Luck (A Kidnapped Story) (33)
Feeling Safe (36)
Bitterness (37)

A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (23)

714 10 9
By xXsweetmisery10Xx

(Recap)

Dammit you stupid #$%&** luck. I reach to touch my face and I feel the burning scratches and I see that there is blood presence, god this sucks. I shut my eyes forcing the building headache to stop or hoping it will.

"Are you alright Whitney?"

"Yeah, I'm O.......

Wait that, that's a mans voice, that's not Cara. I freeze for a moment then I open my eyes to see, to see the man from back at the bar. The one that-that tr-tried to kidnapped me, he kneels beside me and I get a feeling concern and so many emotions begin to fill me.

Why?

Why does this have to happen to me?

.............................................................................................................................................................................................

Whitney's (Pov)

Now when I say I see the man from back at the bar, I don't mean I can see his facial features; because like before he is wearing his hooded cloak that is as black as a starless sky. Up close I can see it's made of fine fabric, sturdy yet soft, even if I haven't felt it.

Honestly he looks very creepy and out of place against the natural green background.

Now this could be a totally different individual in the same kind of cloak but the likely hood of that being the case is like slim to non, but than again stranger things have happened to me.

For some reason though fear and the realization of how much danger I may be in hasn't quite registered in my mind yet.

However frustration and confusion have taken their place, why does this type of stuff always have to happen to me? And how in the world did this man find me, and what on earth does he want with me that would cause him to purchase me?

And on top of all that I ran into a tree, who the heck does that, like I cant even walk without my bad luck coming to bite me in ass.

I cant have one calm alright moment, just when every things going fine or I feel relaxed 'SNAP' something happens to completely derail everything and anything. I'm sick of it.

Then when I am anxious and nervous and just hoping to see the light at the end of the shadowy tunnel, I step out of it to met with a train heading at me at full speed.

Okay that mights have been a weird and totally unrelated comparison or analogy but still I'm tired of it.

"Ow!" I flinch back as I feel something cold touch a cut on my face and I'm brought back to reality. I realize it is the stranger man who touched my face. I scoot backward sliding on my bum trying to get away from him. Then I remember Cara, where is she? Is she okay?

I look around and over the stranger man, but I don't see her, where is she? I stumble to get up, I eventually do and franticly look around for Cara completely ignoring my almost kidnapper. Then out of the corner of my eye I see movement and turn fully around and I see.....

I see Cara but not just Cara, Gwen is there too, with, with Calder behind them.

That cant be, what, what is going on? I don't understand, why are they here, together? I feel my mouth drop open slightly from shock, I'm so confused what is happening?

"What?"' Is the only word and sound that come from my mouth, I don't know what else to say or ask. I look to Cara and she seems alright, she is clinging to her mothers side and her eyes are glued to the ground. And Gwen is wearing an impassive expression. I cant read her at all, till I meet her eyes and see guilt and regret even, shining within them.

Well that's definitely not good. I take a step toward them wanting to ask them what hell is going on? But a hand on my shoulder stops me from taking any further steps.

I turn my head to see the dark cloaked figure, okay that sounded like a bad horror description.

But that is what he looks like, it's almost comical actually, but I don't think this is the most appropriate time to laugh. I look back to the group in front of me, I want to remove this mans hand from my shoulder but I want answers more.

My gaze travels to Calder's and I want to punch him at this moment, he has the most prominent smirk I have ever seen. Not only that but he also seems, seems, like he's won something, like he's victorious in game. But the question is what game is he playing and what did he win?

"What's going on?" It's an open question really I don't care who answers it, I just someone to.

And of course the one person I cant stomach speaks first, Calder.

"Well it is simple really you and your master thought you could not only deceive me but also betray me. Tsk, tsk, tsk, how very naive and ignorant you both are. I knew from the beginning that there was something strange about you two. And I knew Will was not truly your master nor where you his slave but...."

A chuckle breaks his speech. "But I thought I would play along and see what I could gain from helping you both. But to my disappointment I received a letter from The Lord Tempest explaining to me that you both are from the human world and that he is willing to pay anything for me to hand you and your master over. Which ended my little game with you two."

This guy sure loves to hear himself talk if he's willing to tell me his whole diabolical plan from beginning to end it seems.

" He made me an offer I just could not refuse and with him being here.." He motions behind me to the stranger man. "I am sure you are smart enough to figure out the rest."

Wait one thing doesn't make sense " I don't understand, why is Gwen here?"

"Maybe I was wrong, you are not smart enough to figure it out." He quirked his eyebrow as he said that. I give him an insulted glare not caring what the consequences may be. He is such an ass.

"You see Gwen here has been my slave since she was young and has devoted her life to me. Upon finding out that I needed to get you both here to Port Daor, that is where Gwen comes in. I needed her help to lure you here to your new master and in exchange I am to free her and young Cara here. I am not too sad to lose them, for Lord Tempest paid enough for the lot of you."

I'm stunned, stunned out of words, out of movement, I, I have no idea how to process this. What he said, I- I mean that means Gwen tricked me, she lied to me, she betrayed me.

I-I t-trusted her and I was such a fool to do so, why didn't I see it, why didn't I see through her? Everything she told me was a lie, about Cara being sold and about her friend Mora, everything.

Why did I trust her, I told her all those things, I am so stupid. I don't look at Gwen and I really don't wish to. I don't want to see what her face might betray, what it may say.

But I do look to Cara who is staring at me also her eyes are full of un spilled tears, and I understand that she knew this would all happen.

Is that what she was trying to tell me before? I should have paid more attention to how she was acting maybe she would have gave me a clue. I am such an idiot. I look to the ground trying to sort out all my thoughts and feeling; even though I know I will never be able to understand this or accept it.

"Now a more important question; where is your master or shall I say your fake master."

Oh crap, they expected Will to be with me, which he was suppose to, I mean Kieran was supposed to be with me. They don't know Will woke up in a fever induce coma or whatever is wrong with him, and I wont let them find that out. He is absolutely vulnerable to anyone or anything, he is helpless, and I need to protect him.

"Answer me now human for I do not have the patience for your kind." I keep my eyes to the ground, I wont say anything. I feel the hand on my shoulder press a little more firmly and than his other hand takes a place on my other shoulder.

"Whitney just tell us where he is and than we can be on our way." The stranger finally speaks after so much silence, there is no way in heaven or hell I'll tell them where Will is.

And if he thinks I will just go with him without so much as a struggle than he is sadly mistaken. Now all I have to do is think of a way to get away from them and hide till I can safely get back to Will.

I remain silent, its safest this way, I know I wont be able to give anything away if I stay quiet and calm.

"YOU INSOLENT SLAVE, I WILL NOT ASK YOU AGAIN, WHERE IS YOUR MASTER, WHERE IS WILL?"

He is on the verge of screaming at me but it wont sway me, I wont be scared into telling him. He will have to learn the hard way that I am not one of his obedient slaves that will do whatever he says just because he yells it.

I fold my arms across my chest sinking some sort of comfort in this very emotional messed up situation. I also bite my tongue, not wanting to snap and yell back at him.

"Very well than, Cara, what inn did you stay at last night.?"

Oh crap, I forgot about Cara, she knows the way to the inn or at least she'll know the direction to point Calder in. Oh my gosh what am I going to do? I did not think of this, why all a sudden is my brain not working, I should have thought of this.

"I do not know the name." Comes Cara's voice it is very shy and quiet. I lift my head to look at her, maybe Cara doesn't remember, I don't know the name either if it even had a one.

"Fine than can you show us the way?" Calder has a very impatient and annoyed voice he just wants to hurry and get his money I'm sure.

Cara brings her eyes to look straight into mine, "I-I think it was that way but I do not remember very well."

She had pointed to the opposite direction of the inn, does she really not remember or is she lying to help me? Please let it be the second one even though either is just fine with me, but if she is lying to me than I know for sure that she didn't wish to do this to me. I don't feel she had a choice in the matter.

"Cara will have to show us." Cara suddenly starts crying and presses herself into her mothers dress. Her body is racking with sobs and she is continuously shaker her head side to side; saying no.

Gwen instantly crouches to sooth her petting her hair and whispering something to her. Cara pulls away and runs full speed to me and almost knocks me to the ground when she wraps her arms around my legs. I soon feel the tears soaking through my sweats, she is so upset.

She pulls her head away from my legs to look up at me, "I am so-so-so sorry Miss Whitney. I d-d-did n-not want to do this." She re hides her face into my legs, that sure tugged on my heart strings, I feel so bad for her.

I look to Gwen and she seems unsure of what to do, and Calder is just standing there looking increasingly angry and annoyed. Cara squeezes tighter against me, I need to calm her down so Calder doesn't do anything rash like decide to hurt her.

I run my hands through her ponytail, and I softly push her away from me so I am able to kneel on the grass to talk with her. Which makes the stranger man release my shoulder, can you say bonus.

She starts whinnying and crying harder, she's whipping her eyes making her face start to turn a tint of red. "Cara, calm down, every things okay." I take her by the shoulders to try to get her to look at me. She stops wiping her eyes and stares at me, once in a while her body jolt form a hiccup that's how upset she is.

"Cara I am not mad at you. I know you didn't want to do this, I don't blame you." I'm using my most soft, calm, and understanding voice with her.

Her lip quivers, "r-really?"

"Really, I could never be mad at you about this. You did nothing wrong." I hope she does understand, I never want her to blame herself for this. This isn't her fault nor is it mine, though I would like to place the blame on my luck.

She sniffles and I grab onto my black sleeve so I can wipes some of her tears away. Poor thing she feels so bad.

"Cara get over here now, you will show us to the inn." Calder lashes out. He is such a d*ck, excuse my language but he is so-so awful. She is just a little girl and she is upset and no doubt scared yet none of that matters to him because she is just a human.

Why the hell does that make a difference she still has emotions and feelings, I want to say like he does but I'm not too sure he does have a heart; meaning no feelings.

I resist the urge to glare and say something nasty to him. I then hear what sounds like clinking of metal together. My head snaps into the direction it came from and I see a large burlap pouch sitting right in front Calder's boot. What is that?

"That is enough. Take your payment and go." The stranger man says this to Calder in a commanding voice. His voice is still very deep and mono toned which makes him sound like a robot.

"What about Will, you said you wanted both of them. You said you were going to pay for both of them." Calder seems confused and skeptical

"I have given you the full amount, I do not care about the demon. I have got what I came for." I cant see but I know everyone is staring at me, I just keep my eyes to the grass not liking my sudden attention. I can believe this I've been paid for, again.

"So you do not want the demon.?"

"As I said before, I do not care about him but if it pleases you, if you find him you may kill him."

What? Kill him? No they cant do that, they cant kill him. I feel bile begins to rise in my throat, I feel sick. Please don't let them find him. As long as they don't find him than everything will be fine, I think, god I hope.

"Very well than, I guess I will be on my way." Calder seems disappointed but seeing the look on his face as he picks up and peers inside the money pouch, I think he'll get over it.

"Cara." Gwen calls to her. Cara doesn't look at her mom, she must be upset with her, I know I would be. But than on the other hand her mother did this for their future they're no longer Calder's slaves, they're free.

"Gwen, Cara, enjoy your freedom, while it last." I look to Calder and he gives me an once over and a sneer appears on his face, I hold his stare. He doesn't scare me and I wont let him think otherwise. Finally he turns away and heads in I assume the direction of his ship.

I can say one thing, If I never have to see his repulsive self again I wouldn't mind having a lifetime of bad luck.

"Cara please we must leave." Gwen's voice sounds more urgent, probable because of what Calder said about their freedom. I do wonder what he meant by that, I guess I'll never get to know since this might be the last I see Cara.

"No, I wont leave Miss Whitney." Cara re grabs both my legs and holds on for dear life. I feel a presence behind me and I know it must be the stranger man. I feel him grab onto both my shoulders and the wisp of his breath right against my neck near my right ear. God why is he so close? I completely tense up and am on alert.

"Whitney we must go, please do not fight me. I promise if you behave and cooperate with me no harm will ever come to you." He says it so low that I know I'm the only one that heard it.

His voice is so deep that he sounds much older than I, which he could very well be for all I know. I haven't seen his face so I can only picture what he looks like, and from his voice I picture an older gentleman with a stern cold face and the life experience to go along with it. And this does not make me feel anymore at ease.

The feeling of danger and fear are slowly starting to worm its way throughout my whole entire body, and I know I'm is serious trouble that I don't think I can get myself out of at least not now.

"Cara you cannot stay with Miss Whitney, we must go now. I- I am sorry." The last part feels like it was meant more for me than Cara and I confirm this as I look to Gwen and I am met with all these feelings of guilt, remorse, sadness, and care.

I realize these are Gwen feelings and I know she really wished she didn't do this to me, that she wishes there was another way. I close my eyes and let the feels consume me, I understand them and I understand her; why she did what she did.

It was for her daughter and I can never hate her for that, because if I were in her shoes I would have put my own daughter first before anyone.

I pull away form the strangers hold again to pry Cara from me so I can look in her puppy dog eyes. They're filled with tears again, god she is going to make me cry.

"Cara you need to go with your mom now, okay?"

"N-no I do not want to leave you with this demon."

"I know you don't Cara but I'll be okay, I promise. Remember when you told me before not to worry because everything will work out in the end?"

She just nods her head yes, "Well I need you to believe in what you told me, okay." She reluctantly nods her head yes and gives me a tight hug which I gladly return.

I stand up straight and watch Cara defeated walk to her mother who hugs her tight also. Gwen looks at me and I give her a small pathetic smile she response with a frown.

"Whitney." That deep voice will be very hard to get use to, wait I don't intend to get used to it what am I thinking and doing? I need stop acting like a damsel in distress I hate those kinds of girls. I need to snap out of it and pull myself together. I need start thinking of plan to get away from this man. I cant give up not yet.

I turn and see the stranger man right behind me, I carefully take a few steps back away from him. He takes a few steps back as well but then holds out his hand for me to take.

To hell I will, I look side to side wondering if there is any possible means of escape. I guess I could always make a run for it but who am I kidding I was like the slowest running in my whole grade; being chubby after all. So I think that option out. Maybe I could.......

"Whitney, do not make this hard, please just come with me. If you try to run I will chase you and than I will be forced to be rough with you, and I do not want to do that. So please just do as I say and everything will go smoothly. I assure there is nothing to be afraid of."

Is he kidding, how can I possible believe that? He shakes his hand signaling me to take it, but I don't think I can.

"Please Whitney." His voice makes a shiver goes up my spine, I don't think I have much of a choice, for now I'll give in but I will get away just not now.

With a shaky hand I grab onto his, and it is surprisingly very soft and cold. It is much softer than mine have every been, does he moisturize or something?

Stop-stop-stop I need to focus not think about silly things. He laces are fingers together without my consent and I try to pull away but he suddenly starts to walk really fast like is pace is twice the speed as my own.

"Whitney." I here a whispering voice again in head, but I don't think that it is the same one as before. This one is female but it is must higher and softer.

"What?" I answer back inside my head of course I don't want the stranger man to hear me.

"I will check your master so please do not worry. He will come for you."

Who on earth is that? This voice sounded so much clearer. As the man pulls me along I turn my head and see Gwen and Cara leaving also but Cara turns around and gives me a strange smile.

"Do not worry.........

...........................................................................................................................................................................................

~Forgiveness is like faith. You have to keep reviving it.~

Mason Cooley

.............................................................................................................................................................................................

The pic on the side is what his cloak looks like but the man is not that big and ignor everything else other than what he is wearing. ________>

Authors note: Okay so this is another filler type of chapter it is just to get more information and help move the story along because I will be changing pov's for the next chapter.

I'm sorry if it is not very good and that you had to wait so long. Hope you like it anyway.

I loved all the comments I got last time they were so encouraging so please keep them coming.

Vote, comment fan as always please and thank you.

oh and p.s sorry if there is any grammar or spelling errors.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

820K 28.8K 103
When Grace returns home from college, it doesn't go like she thought it would. With her past still haunting her everyday choices, she discovers a sid...
158K 7.9K 47
My name is Alex Cruz, I'm a omega, so I'm just a punching bag to my pack. But Emma, Queen of werewolves Sam, queen of dragons Winter, queen of vampi...
1.9M 96.5K 38
Presenting the story of ISHIKA MEHRA Whose innocence made the king bow down to her AND ABHIRAJ SINGH RATHORE Whose presence is enough to make the per...