He's a Keeper (Narry AU)

By Goofybrunette

The good looking, cheeky Mr. Styles is playing in yet another movie. All his co-workers fall deeply in love w... More

Warnings
One
Two
Three
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Wattys
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Sequel

Four

7.7K 330 187
By Goofybrunette

Words: 2225

"My antagonist?" I kept repeating Louis' words after he left me alone in the room. I didn't get it. Everything was normal before, and then now suddenly I can't be "involved" with my antagonist? What does that even mean?!

Instead of trying to figure it out all alone in the room I was supposed to call "mine", I got up and decided to get out of the studio, needing some fresh air.

Of course, knowing me, I got lost right away when I exited the room. It was like a small maze. Feeling like being in the maze runner, I started my journey, trying to find the right door to exist this hell hole. To say I wasn't scarlet red as I entered a room that didn't expect me, would be a misunderstanding.

I quickly shut the door, leaning against it as I breathed heavily, my heart thumbing in my chest like a maniac. I certainly didn't expect to see that. As I was still recovering from the view I just saw, the door opened, making me fall backwards into the room. Two beautiful brown eyes looked into mine and I blushed even harder when he gave me a confused, yet amused sideway smirk. "I must admit, I've never had a guy fall for me so hard," he grinned down at me and offered his hand for me to take.

His voice was soft like honey and his accent was beautiful, Bradford –If I'm not mishearing it. When I took his hand, I could feel how soft they were, and that they were slightly bigger than mine. His skin-colour was tanner than mine, but hey, I think everyone is tanner than I am.

When I was back on my feet, face to face with an honest Greek God, I blushed even more and mumbled a soft "I don't do that often."

The handsome man laughed and padded my back softly. "It's fine, mate. Don't worry about it. I'm used to people seeing me naked. Some actors just have that luck, eh?" he grinned and ruffled my hair as he saw how uncomfortable I was with this.

"Uh, well. I uh..." I stuttered, not really knowing what to say.

Well, this turned out to be awkward really quickly.

"So, I'm Zayn. What's your name, bud?" he smiled at me and walked up to a large sofa, looking more like a bed.

I followed his actions when he motioned for me to come over and sat down next to him, being able to smell his cologne. "I'm Niall. Niall Horan." He nodded and lay down, feet placed in my lap as he rested his head on his folded arms behind his head.

"So, Niall Horan. Tell me, what are you doing here?" he asked, both eyes closed as he did.

I felt a bit uncomfortable sitting here like this, his feet up in my lap, but somehow I felt okay with this. Beside, he's an actor, so he must be one of my antagonists. "Oh, uh, I'm in the movie, too." I said awkwardly.

He looked up and sat himself a bit more straight up. "Oh yeah? What do you play? Like, a figurant or what?"

To say that stung, would be an understatement. It simply hurt to hear that people would guess I was only a figurant. But hey, I don't blame him. I probably would think I'm a figurant, too. "Uh, no. Not really. I'm actually playing a more important role," I said, trying not to sound cocky about being the main character of the movie.

He cocked his head to the side and gave me a confused look. "So you're what? The Liam dude or something?" I only shook my head in response. "Then who?"

I smiled sheepishly and tried to hide my blush. "I'm playing Nate Hollin," I said honestly.

His eyes almost popped by how wide they were spread and his mouth formed a small 'o', letting a soft "oh" leave from his lips. "No way. You're the main character? I am so sorry for my behavior. I'm normally not a cocky bastard, I just thought you were like one of those figurants that think they're everything because they're in a movie." I nodded, understanding his point of view and smiled, saying that it was okay. "So, you're an actor huh? Any movies I should know you from?"

I tensed a bit, knowing everyone here is actually already an actor, and here I am, inexperienced as fuck. Sometimes I wonder if I should be honest and tell everyone the truth. I'm not the one to lie easily, but I mean, sometimes you just have to, right? "I'm actually new to all of this," I said, deciding I should go with the truth.

"Really? Well , that's good to know. You know, I can always ease you into stuff. I'm a great actor, if I say so myself, so if you ever need advice, any advice really, I'm here yeah? There are some pricks around this building and I wouldn't get involved with the main part of the crew here. Try avoiding certain people."

I frowned and cocked my head to the side. Is he going to tell me to stay away from my antagonist, too? Who even is he. Is he the one Louis told me about? Am I getting involved with the one person I shouldn't get involved with? "Uhm, Zayn?" Zayn looked up and nodded. "Well, uh... who's the other main character? Like, who's playing Hunter Samuels?" I asked, almost regretting my question once I saw his eyes widen a bit, but he tried to cover it up.

"Don't stick your nose in his business, Niall. He's bad news," he said.

Seriously? I'm getting tired of these vague answers.

"But, who is he? And why do I have to stay away from him? He's my antagonist, I can't stay away from him during those scenes, right?" I asked so many questions, I'd be even surprised if he'd answer them all. Zayn sat up completely now and pulled his legs back, up to his chest.

"I can't tell you much about him, Niall. All I know are rumors, I'm not sure if they're even true."

I copied his position and rested my chin on my knees. "I'm all up for it. Now, where is the gossip?"

Zayn smiled and laughed a bit, lighting up both of our moods. "Some people say he's cold as ice on the inside. Like he doesn't have a heart. He's never been in love before and only breaks people's hearts." I stiffened, but kept on listening, wanting to know more about this person who's supposed to be my antagonist. "I don't really know if it's true, but most people say he likes to play this nasty game where he makes his antagonists fall in love with him, only to break their hearts after. Those people are crushed and broken. After you fall for him, there is no turning back." I shivered and Zayn noticed, shuffling closer to me to wrap an arm around my shoulders. "At least that's what I've heard. I haven't even seen him before. He's the best actor, they say, but I refuse to watch his movies, scared to fall in love with him through my TV-screen." Zayn chuckled at his own stupid joke and made me smile.

"So, you think that could happen to me, too?"

Zayn raised a brow and frowned after. "I don't know, bub. Maybe. If you swing that way, I'd say be careful. Rumors aren't always false. Beside, he's bi, so he wouldn't make a difference in hunting on you as well."

I gulped and nodded.

I asked for the truth. I asked for this.

"How do you know all these stuff?" I asked eventually.

He shrugged and looked in my eyes for a second. "Like I said, I've been an actor for a while now. It's not like they've never asked me to be his antagonist before. I just always rejected the offer. Mostly because I was already playing in another movie, but it's not like I wasn't scared to get my heart broken. I've been broken before, and let me tell you, little leprechaun, money isn't worth it." I nodded again, feeling at ease with Zayn.

He knows a lot and has a lot of experience. I like that about him. He seems to be trustable, trustworthy and I don't really trust people that easily. I get attached quite quickly, but I don't trust easily. "What about now? Don't you think you could fall in love with him, now? You're playing in a movie with him, right?"

Zayn nodded, but smiled. "Yeah, I'm not buddy-buddy with him in the movie, so that shouldn't be a problem."

"You're who exactly in the movie? I'm sorry, I didn't read the script just yet, so I only know a few characters," I said truthfully. I know, I should have read the script at least once, but I haven't found the time to do so, so I only know the basic things. Like what it's about. And who the main characters are. Who I play... Those basic questions.

"I'm Zack, your -supposed to be- friend," he answered smoothly.

Just like that, we talked on and on about the script and about ourselves, getting to know the other as best as we could. I must say, I think I really like him. He's nice and pretty down to earth. Seeing he's an amazing drawer and great with words too, I didn't hesitate to ask him if he could draw me. And of course I regretted that question when he said he would draw me one day. Honestly, sometimes I should just learn to shut my mouth...

When it was 6 in the afternoon, Zayn and I were still talking, when someone knocked on the door, startling us both. The person behind the door opened it and walked in, looking down to his notes before looking up. It was Louis. "Zayn, we're starting scenes tomorrow- oh hey Niall." He smiled at me and gave me a small wave. "Same goes for you, buddy. Tomorrow, at 10 a.m. in the studio. We're only going over the script and meeting each other all for the first time, but you'll have to be here nonetheless. If you aren't and you don't have an acceptable excuse, they'll probably skin you alive." My eyes widened at Louis' words. Were they that strict here?

"Don't worry, Niall. They won't. Just try to be on time though, you're new and you won't make a good first impression if you are late for your first real work day," Zayn said, placing his hand on my thigh. I smiled up at him and looked back to Louis, who had a suspicious gaze in his eyes.

I frowned and cocked my head a little bit to the side. "What?" I asked him.

Louis just folded his arms over his chest, the notebook under his armpit as he did. "Nothing. Just... when did this happen?" he gestured to Zayn's hand on my thigh. I squirmed under Zayn's hand and tried to get it off of me, but he held on to my thigh firmer.

"There's nothing wrong with a friendly gesture, Lou. I mean, I know you're sassy, but all that sass can't have replaced your kindness, right?" Zayn answered.

Louis just rolled his eyes and grabbed a pen from on his notebook, writing down something before looking back up. "I have to go. I still need to tell Mr. Popular that he has to be here tomorrow on time. So, yeah. See you guys tomorrow, oh and remember boys, this whole building closes at 10p.m. I'd be gone by then, if I were you." Before we could even say anything, Louis turned around and walked away, closing the door on his way.

"Well-"

"Was he talking about the other main character?" I interrupted Zayn.

He only nodded and frowned a bit. "Why are you so set on getting to know him? I told you before, he's bad news. Try to be in his presence the least you can."

I nodded and looked down. "Can I ask you one last question about him?" Zayn hummed and rested his arm around my shoulder. "What's his name?"

I could practically feel him tensing up and hear his breathings changing. His heart was actually pounding harder against his ribcage now. Wow, the mystery guy seriously has an effect on him.

"Do you really have to know?" he asked one last time.

I nodded. Zayn sighed and sat up as he placed his palm on my cheek, making me look up into his beautiful, chocolaty eyes.

"His name is Harry Styles."

// AUTHOR's NOTE //

Hey guys,

So, I've been thinking, and I don't really know if this is the way I want my characters to act completely, so some of them might change a bit here and there in the story, so please don't be confused when you read this and see that for example Louis suddenly becomes shy instead of cocky.

Anyway, I hope you like this story a little bit.

Question: Who's your favourite One Direction member?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 49.2K 45
Harry is a jock, simple as that. He has always been the guy who every other person in the school wishes they were. He is living the 'good life' wit...
13.5K 206 27
Harry and Niall, have made it the worst thing that they could ever endure, and now four years later, things are changing fast! After four years of da...
307K 6.6K 27
[] "And I will love you, Harry, forever and always."
1.5M 44.1K 66
Harry Styles is the 'Ladies man' of the world famous boy band One Direction, except nobody knows that it's not the ladies he's interested in. It's hi...